Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Ryoma and Kagero probably want Vantage over Desperation. You'll wanna put some hones and/or rallies on your other units, otherwise Nino's not going to be all that helpful.

Darting Blow Kagerou doesn't really use Vantage that well; she needs the boosts from Fury/Life and Death to get more one-shots.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A score of 4,788 ranks me 5,961 in Tier 17, which is just about enough to keep me within the tier. As for defense, I got 5 wins this week, so I guess Azura, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Celica do quite well together. Would've been nice if one of those had occurred last week, when I didn't get any!

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

SCORE UPDATE

4,760 score gets me to rank 9,158. I'm getting promoted to tier 17 too! #Winning.

Not to mention, 2.5K feathers from score, 1.7k feathers from my new tier, and 900 feathers from defense wins.

5,100 feathers!

Joining me in the 12 Deadlords?

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Are there any negatives to throwing a few matches to give other people a defense bonus?

I already got my string of 7 wins.

At worst, you'll be giving 'competitors' more feathers that they can use to upgrade their team that you 'might' find yourself playing against in future arena battles. So... not really xD. If you feel good about donating some defence wins, I would do it :).

So, managed to scrape together enough feathers from Hero Merit and tossing 3* overflow from my failed attempts at Ninian/Hinoka pulls to +2 Nino halfway through a new streak. It seemed to not have an effect on the first match, which disappointed me, but then the next three were all in the 690s, so either my rolls suddenly got much better or that's the newish norm and 686 was horribly unlucky. Faced a Flier Emblem team with two 4* +10s and a couple 5* +2s, but it wasn't built very well. It had all Goads and a Camilla S with Gronnraven+. My Nino lured out and ganked Camilla and that was basically the end of things, as she was then able to pick the melee enemies apart one by one, including being able to muscle through Palla's Ruby Sword+ to mash her with Draconic Aura.

Tier 17 score of 4828 (no surrenders; no deaths; 688, 686, 690, Nino +2d, 686, 692, 690, 696):

• May 21 3:00PM PT - #2857

Was getting a little worried about the old score because it was falling at an alarming rate, but this new one seems more or less 100% secure. Also, managed to pick up 5 more defense wins. I guess Xander giving Hone Cavalry to Reinhardt really made that much of a difference, as I can't imagine the Fort Res 1 Seal on Nowi or Xander's presence as a melee combatant totally tipped the scales. Then again, Xander's super bulky and may be able to survive against wimpier blue lances, so maybe that enabled WoM Rein to temporarily gain a pegasus of death. Really wish we had defense replays now. >.>

Currently sitting on a high score of 4808 in Tier 17, but barely still in the 70th percentile. Wondering what score will be the cutoff for promotion, I'm working on getting a better score before this week ends.

For next week's arena, I'm hopefully going to try using a Celica/Lucina team, if I can get them the SP they need for all their skills, and see if that changes anything.

2 hours ago, Astellius said:

A score of 4,788 ranks me 5,961 in Tier 17, which is just about enough to keep me within the tier. As for defense, I got 5 wins this week, so I guess Azura, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Celica do quite well together. Would've been nice if one of those had occurred last week, when I didn't get any!

Joining me in the 12 Deadlords?

5 defenses? WoW i wrote my team some messages before ( sry bad english) culd u help me?

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Yeah, things are just going to be a little more competitive now than they used to be. For reference, a score of 4836 is rank 315 right now in Tier 16. Even that started out at about 120 when I first got it.

Just letting you know, but a 4836 offense score coupled with a 582 defense score puts me at rank 2420 in Tier 17. It's enough to make the jump to tier 18, but things are indeed more competitive at higher tier.

20 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Just letting you know, but a 4836 offense score coupled with a 582 defense score puts me at rank 2420 in Tier 17. It's enough to make the jump to tier 18, but things are indeed more competitive at higher tier.

I don't think defense is involved with tier rank. I could be wrong, but it wasn't involved with the previous ranking system.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think defense is involved with tier rank. I could be wrong, but it wasn't involved with the previous ranking system.

Huh. I didn't know that. 

I spent my last free arena swords of this week testing out a new arena team. Team "Alm is Window Dressing" is doing very well, and it's kind of nice having to think again in the arena rather than autopiloting Horse Emblem to easy wins. 

It took until Saturday to get my first arena defense this week. Oddly, Alfonse as bait for Azura/Reinhardt/Eldigan didn't work as well as Celica leading. 

Edited by Eridras

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So for my Defense team, Celica/Kagerou/Azura/Reinhardt, or Celica/Kagerou/Lucina/Azura? I want Celica as my leader, but the former has been giving me fewer Defense wins.

Maybe stick with the second one if it's getting more wins, though the former team sounds like it's good for ruining peoples' deathless streaks. Just guessing, maybe the factors on why team 1 is winning less than 2 could be:

• Your team is getting placed on bad maps for defenders (EX: the one with the mountain in the middle and the one with a lot of breakable walls)
  • It's not getting placed on advance as often as team 2.
  • More people managed to get strong greens and using them.

It's getting a bit scary for me at tier 16 as it closes, and yes that's the team I've been using, I don't think I'll get that promotion this season. I've tried getting a higher score and rage burned about 9 crest (down to 8 crests now) and couldn't get a deathless because someone always ends up dying, I'm getting way too frustrated and tilted, how do you guys prevent this?  

Spoiler

gms0AVx.png

42 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

It's getting a bit scary for me at tier 16 as it closes, and yes that's the team I've been using, I don't think I'll get that promotion this season. I've tried getting a higher score and rage burned about 9 crest (down to 8 crests now) and couldn't get a deathless because someone always ends up dying, I'm getting way too frustrated and tilted, how do you guys prevent this?  

Reveal hidden contents

gms0AVx.png

Xander is a poor choice of bonus unit as a 4* since much of his usefulness comes directly from his 5* Prf. Do you have anyone else you can run in his place?

That said, the rest of your team just looks like it lacks raw damage output, what with two dagger users and a 1-range blue. What else do you have?

My suggestion is to give Kagero Vantage to deal with mage-heavy compositions after an Atk buff, while Sharena can stay. Felicia probably needs to go, so replace her with a green frontliner. Unless there's something she does for your team that I'm missing?

You could even keep Xander and just use him as a Repositioning bot after Kagero gets a pick.

Forgot to update yesterday, oops.

5030 (Tier 17) is:

6am PDT 5/19: 174

4pm PDT 5/20: 197

6am PDT 5/22: 222

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. Highest Def score is still 588.

I decided to finish out the season with some just-for-fun cavalry team runs. And thus begins Elise's Quilt of Sorrow...

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I decided to finish out the season with some just-for-fun cavalry team runs. And thus begins Elise's Quilt of Sorrow...

Hide contents

Disgusting.

I'm super nervous about my tier placement. I'm not bumping up to T18 like I hoped I would but I'm dangerously close to bumping down into T16 (5,937 is my placement now, with about 420 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

A defence win is better than no defence wins, right, @Arcanite?

Reveal hidden contents

kF39tYjYD_U.jpg

That person was lead by a 4 star Alfonse.....

But yeah congrats! My score is still higher than yours though

Our little Vax is growing up! How adorable!

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Our little Vax is growing up! How adorable!

And then you had to fuck everything up by unnecessary jeering. Goddammit Arcanite.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Welp, guess I'm dropping to tier 16. Oh well, can't really be helped when I don't have any merged 5*s on my team.

I don't have any merged units either and I might just move up to tier 18 (currently rank 4358 in tier 17). Guess having Hector and almost fully skill inherentanced units helps a lot.

Anyhow, you'll probably return to tier 17 soon enough, when all the whales have reached tier 20.

This game rewards more the teams that  have better equipment and win 7 followed  that those who have worse equipment are in the same tier and win 7 in a row. 4720 tier 16 and didnt reach tier 17 for play with a silver xander. No sense.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And then you had to fuck everything up by unnecessary jeering. Goddammit Arcanite.

Oh I ruined your glorious moment? LOL

Now you're getting annoyed too? You're too cute ;)