Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Ice Dragon, looks like you'll be having fun. Peri's right there.

Sunwoo, uh... they're taunting you.

EDIT: Drat, this is a double post. Oops...

Edited by phineas81707

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Man only 2 season for the current rotation?

OHSNAPGUNTER

Probably going with Alfonse

For some reason the picture won't show up when I try to quote it... >.> But yay! I actually have a bonus unit this week, and I don't have to spend feathers to upgrade. :3 Looks like my Peri's going to get to see the Arena again. She was apart of my OG team. It looks like she'll be replacing Camus on my offense... Though, I may actually try a blue defense team. So maybe I'll try Reinhardt, Peri, Camus, and Nowi... Or maybe I'll throw in Azura or Ninian. Or I could just keep Hector there for funsies. Decisions, decisions... 

But I've got to slap some skills on her if I'm going to get a decent score. She needs a better special, A-skill, and an assist... Probably Swordbreaker 3 too...though if I gave her Fury, she'd probably be a good candidate for desperation....

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait a min. I have Sophia! I have Sakura!

Yay! Don't need to pull for a bonus anymore.

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I guess that means Peri is going to be my designated Draug killer for the next few weeks. This is going to be fun.

Guess I’m going with a vanilla 4⋆ [+Spd −Res] Peri as my bonus unit. Sigh.
Wonder whether I should slap some skills on her, given that I’m probably not going to ever use her again.

So I'm going to have to level either Owlfonse or Legion this week. I don't particularly like either. Not going to bother to promote them to 5*.

Oh well, probably going to drop back to tier 18 then.

Should be safe this week to advance to Tier 19 with 4778 (rank 9292 / 11513 right now).

http://i.imgur.com/JRRM3ZF.png

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

Tomorrow will be my first time using Alfonse as part of my arena team, so I've been testing the team I've but together with him. I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs.

Guess it's time to bring Alphonse back to team. I'm affraid it's going to be a while before I'll be able to use Camus again in the Arena, but it was fun while it lasted.

Since I'm currently still ranked a little under 2k in tier 19, it seems I'll finaly be going to tier 20. Pretty sure I'm not going to stay, but maybe I can manage to bounce between tier 19 and 20 now. Seeing Gunter and Peri makes me somewhat scared of all the horse emblem teams that are going to be running around, hopefully I can avoid them well enough.

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Seeing Gunter and Peri makes me somewhat scared of all the horse emblem teams that are going to be running around, hopefully I can avoid them well enough.

Oh gosh. That's gonna be a nightmare. Horse Emblem is my bane...

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Oh gosh. That's gonna be a nightmare. Horse Emblem is my bane...

Yeah, those guys are pretty annoying. Let's just hope most people haven't atually promoted their Gunters yet.

Update for 5066 (T20):

~8am PDT 7/1: 216

8am PDT 7/2: 227

6am PDT 7/3: 236

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. Highest Def score is still 588 (total of 36 this season). It looks like Alfonse is going to be my bonus unit next season...that, or I could stop lazing around and actually train up this Sophia that's been sitting in the barracks since the Navarre GHB, since she could probably be a niche counter to Green Tomes, even at +0.

Now that I think about it, I'll probably try doing that, actually. Sorry Alm, your training's on hold! Not like it won't be done by Fri. anyway.

Edited by LordFrigid

Well, I guess Summer Robin will be my bonus unit next season. Will have to figure out how to build her and who to put on the team with her.

I guess filling out Alfonse's skill set would be easier than Gaius's? Not that I'll need the points this week because there's no way I'm staying in Tier 20, but I'll need them for the following week to get back.

I currently have Alfonse with his base skill set plus Swap, but I'm not sure what to give him for a B skill. Without spending feathers, my options are like Obstruct, Bowbreaker, G Tomebreaker, Poison Strike, Lunge, and Drag Back, none of which are especially appealing for him, and spending 2k feathers for another 4* doesn't improve the options by enough to seem worthwhile. I guess upgrading a Bartre for Brash Assault could be decent but I don't want to.

I guess I'll be running one of my beach units.  I love that there's horses this time, but 5*ing Gunter would be superfluous with Titania, and I'd rather not use Peri.

Although, if I go up to Tier 20, it's all a moot point, since I have no real hope of staying there.

So which one's more worthwhile, Alfonse, Peri or Legion?

I've got Alfonse at 40 5* with most of his skills learned (just need more Swordbreaker! He also has Drag Back), Peri is at level 30 5* and has no new skills leaned yet (Harsh Command and Poison Strike are currently learned but not spent on yet) and Legion's at 35 4* with no new skills and just Obstruct 3 left to learn.

Leaning towards Alfonse, he was useful the last time I had no bonus units besides the Askran trio.

Edited by Dayni

I'm disappointed that they decided not to include Masked "Marth" it seems of these tempest five star units are not useful after all. I fail to see what's the point of having them if they're never featured, usually every new character gets some time to be arena character (and no I cannot see what possible use they would be during the tempest as you would have to divert resources to training them something you don't want to do so being featured then doesn't count for crap). Maybe next arena she will but I doubt it. I definitely will not be training Tobin now unless his stats and sword are something truly special. I know I shouldn't have assumed but it really annoys me that I trained this unit for nothing.

So I guess I have to upgrade Alfonse to 5* I have avoided it for as long I can but I suppose I should just get it over with. It'll pay off in the long run it will hurt my score too much to not upgrade him but at least this is the last required upgrade I will ever have to do.

I'll be in T 20 this next Arena (high score 4854) staying there is very unlikely considering my score cap but I'll bounce back next time hopefully.

Edited by Locke087

28 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

I'm disappointed that they decided not to include Masked "Marth" it seems of these tempest five star units are not useful after all. I fail to see what's the point of having them if they're never featured, usually every new character gets some time to be arena character (and no I cannot see what possible use they would be during the tempest as you would have to divert resources to training them something you don't want to do so being featured then doesn't count for crap). Maybe next arena she will but I doubt it. I definitely will not be training Tobin now unless his stats and sword are something truly special. I know I shouldn't have assumed but it really annoys me that I trained this unit for nothing.

So I guess I have to upgrade Alfonse to 5* I have avoided it for as long I can but I suppose I should just get it over with. It'll pay off in the long run it will hurt my score too much to not upgrade him but at least this is the last required upgrade I will ever have to do.

Free 5* units are pretty nice even without being bonus units. I don't think they need any other purpose.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

Free 5* units are pretty nice even without being bonus units. I don't think they need any other purpose.

I appreciate that they're free, I just think it's odd that IS which usually good at featuring units that come free in the arena would suddenly be stingy and not include these.

Also on a different note I think they would've been especially cool in the arena because they would all have very different skill sets due to not coming with any skills. 

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No one sees your representative in the Arena, only the first unit on your defense team.

My bad, then I guess it's more up to luck than anything as I still have Lucina in the first spot of my defense team.

This arena week will hurt me badly, I'll use a vanilla Legion and hope that my Ike, Nowi, Hector core will carry me to tier 20 again.