Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Got a score of 4328! Thats my highest score yet! Did better than I thought I would. Lost one unit in the first and third battles as I wasn't used to Sully yet. Didn't think she would do as well as she did in my team. Due to the current red meta, I was able to pull off such a score with Ephraim, Roy, M!Robin, and Sully. Hoping I can reduce the number of deaths and break the 4.4k barrier this season. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Sully's been surprisingly good, even though mine has -spd. The swordlords can't double her from full and does piddy damage to her anyway, so it's just lol.

Double Draw Back has been really good on my team. I run a dancer team so that provides very high levels of flexibility.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I somehow miraculously pulled a deathless run with this team. 

EzOergi.png

Fem Robin's notable work during the run: Killing M Robin, baiting.

Was a dangerous run in itself since I met double Tharja with Azura on one of the battle. In fact, I've met Azura thrice in this run, like please stop.

Edited by pianime94

My Sully's a -Atk and I've found that while she can't really kill things (unless she gets Rally Attack and fights a very squishy sword), she's got an interesting level of tank, in addition to her Draw Back utility (which, coupled with 3 Move, actually does border on being as useful as a refresher). As I mentioned before, she saved one of my runs from picking up a possible death by being able to just barely face tank a +Atk Reinhardt to take him out of the fight. Another notable thing (since dueling it out with swords is what the greater majority of lances can already do and I've got 5* Sharena) is that she can body block Young Tiki for several rounds (as well as Adult Tiki). Both trade single-digit damage (Sully does 9, Tiki does 3), but the important thing is that between the Sapphire Lance and Sully's neutral 25 Res, she can distract Tiki for 2-3 rounds before she even needs to worry about Tiki's proc. Very handy when I don't want Sharena eating more damage or need to have Sharena off killing something else.

Another hilarious thing that's more specific to my team than just Sully: since Spur Def stacks, Hector is in for a very bad time. Seliph base 30 Def + 2x Spur Def 3 + Hone Def + Tyrfing bonus = Hector doing 0 damage. There's no real practical reason to stack it up this high unless Seliph had to tank something else to bring him low (there was that one time where he needed to face tank Young Tiki...), but since by the time I'm facing Hector, it's a 4v1, I do it because it simply because I can (though the Tyrfing bonus isn't always applied, for obvious reasons).

My Sully's +Atk, so swordlords just kinda get wrecked hard. Swordbreaker just lets her double the shit out of them regardless, which is really nice. 

She's taking off a lot of the tanking work from Ryoma, which he appreciates because his job now shifts in counterkilling Takumis and any green mages. And Kagero. Sully can pull Ryoma close enough to Kagero where he can just walk up and punch her in the face. Sully also appreciates Ryoma's speed boost. Then again who doesn't appreciate Ryoma's speed boost

I guess Hector

Edited by Thor Odinson

3/8/2017 - Rank 4,573; offense 4,354 (10:42PM PST)
3/9/2017 - Rank 7,079; offense 4,354 (3:32PM PST)

After doing matches in voting gauntlet, I feel like trying a team without Olivia. Problem is is that any other higher support units, I'm wary of (Fae against everything in Arena, Sharena would make my team too much blue). Though, admittedly, Sharena or Roy are probably my best bets to raise my score slightly. 11 or 24 points higher in team rating, respectively. I have been seeing Reinhardt on teams which makes me consider Camilla at times.

Ah well. Time to theorize while waiting for sword restoration.

Well I'm annoy.  Started a new 7 win game streak woth a bonus character. Game 1 won with no deaths, game 2 won with 1 death.  But before I can get my score.  Prompt for an update. Ok, and because of said update I lose my bonus points.  *RAGE* Hopeful they read my feedback of not pulling this until points are award FIRST. So yea.  awkward moment in the arena.  At least I was considerate to them and left feedback in a constructed friendly manner.

My latest highest score after 5 advanced and 2 intermediate clean wins:

bbjZ06H.jpg

The displayed 64k rank is actually with my previous score of ≈3,100 points, not the new one.

EDIT: 4,198 points translates into rank 18,330 at the time of this edit. Not bad at all I think!

Edited by Vaximillian

Thoughts on arena team with the new bonus heroes?

My current team is Julia/Azura/Roy/Effie. I'd prefer to get rid of Roy, as I rarely use him except to position Effie.

I have both F Robins from the focus. A 4* and 3* Jaegen (4* is +spd -hp), and 2 3* Sullys with the exact same nature (+atk -res).

What do y'all think I should do? I'm leaning towards F Robin instead of Julia, but she usually solos in the arena for me, and is easily my best and favorite unit, so I really don't want to take her out. 

Edited by immatx

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

F!Robin for score, then swap back to Julia for giggles.

Ugh, I was hoping you'd say something different, but it does make sense. Should I raise the 2* one and merge them? I'm gonna have to spend some stamina potions tonight either way. 

13 minutes ago, immatx said:

Ugh, I was hoping you'd say something different, but it does make sense. Should I raise the 2* one and merge them? I'm gonna have to spend some stamina potions tonight either way. 

I haven't merged mine.  Raised the 3* up to 4*, and she's sitting pretty on level 40.

3/8/2017 - Rank 4,573; offense 4,354 (10:42PM PST)
3/9/2017 - Rank 7,079; offense 4,354 (3:32PM PST)
3/11/2017 - Rank 9,884; offense 4,354 (3:23AM PST)

I can just feel the dread of slipping off the top 10K. Unfortunately, my team really liked having Olivia's dance and Hone Attack. I've been tinkering with Roy but the boy is too slow (-Spd) and doesn't give support. I've lost units just from really speedy characters, Julia's, and Takumi's.

I picked up Ryoma (+Res/-HP) and am seriously considering using him. Ranged physical might be the thing that's going to fix my issues if I forgo Olivia. He'll be fragile as heck but not like Roy was a tank against fast units. I've started to use my M!Robin's slowness to my advantage... so long as he doesn't take more damage down the line. A nice big Bonfire will make many units sit.

If I get Ryoma up, it'll be a team of +Spd/-HP Sully, +Atk/-Spd M!Robin, +Spd/-Def Marth, and +Res/-HP Ryoma. What a strange team.

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

F U C K

tfw when you lose a unit in the last fight of your no-death run...

It's better than actually losing in the last fight after having a deathless run. Trust me.

4,418 with my first clean run of F!Robin 3*Lv40 and 5* Lv40 Seliph/Nowi/Julia. Just knocked back to Rank 6,422. Hoping to stay in top 10k...but boy dropping backwards hurts!

It'll probably drop, but I'm currently sitting at rank 389 with a score of 4592 (so close to breaking 4.6k >_<). This is my first time ranking in top 1k, so I'm super excited! I didn't think it was possible as F2P yet here I am :D

EDIT: 24 hours later, my rank has dropped down to 407, which is a much smaller drop than I anticipated.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

My newest highest score!

Cwovyhu.png

EuWbWs5.png

Increasing score from 4,192 to 4,236 raised me from rank 23,740 to rank 20,231. Not bad! I hope to stay 30k by the end of the week.
(even though I spent like eight crests on this; there usually was a stray Hector or Takumi who ruined my streak with impunity if I couldn't one-shot them)

Edited by Vaximillian

I'll be happy when the next round of Bonus Characters comes in.  Olwen, I appreciate your effort, but you're either bad, or you just clash with my team.  Switching Abel out to put her in, really broke up my team's synergy.  I miss having him to take out the ubiquitous Sword users.  Even with her Dire Thunder, she struggles to take out anybody, and her HP and Def is too low to really survive in melee.

My Julia, Abel, Baby Tiki, Takumi team was just so good, and I find it hard to make a team that incorporates Olwen.  Her speed is low, so she can't x4, like Camilla, and her Atk is to low to reliably kill with her Brave Tome.  Couple that with low HP and mediocre defenses.  I hear that fem Robin isn't much better.