Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is he merged?  Also Aether gives a big boost to SP total, plus any other high cost skills Ike might have.

Neither Black Knight nor Ike are merged. Ike has Draw Back, Aether, Heavy Blade, Vantage, Hone Speed and a water blessing. Black Knight has Pivot, Black Luna, Steady Stance, Vantage, and Threaten Def (Ward Armor when with C!Robin). Would promoting and extra Black Knight and merging him even the two out?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Neither Black Knight nor Ike are merged. Ike has Draw Back, Aether, Heavy Blade, Vantage, Hone Speed and a water blessing. Black Knight has Pivot, Black Luna, Steady Stance, Vantage, and Threaten Def (Ward Armor when with C!Robin). Would promoting and extra Black Knight and merging him even the two out?

Maybe, I don't know how much of a boost the blessings give, but a merge will raise the score up a point or two, usually.

Regular Arena was easy this week. So many X-Tharjas to bait with my weapon reforged Berkuts Lance Clair into oblvion.

Arena Assault on the other hand was jesus...
Sooooo many Armor units, at least 2 armor units present in almost every fight +10 lol. It was tedious.
1. Team np i used my main Team that gives me the most points
2. Team np Reinfrat cavalry Team can take care of everything
3. Team np Spring Camilla and Summer Corrin (my only left Litrblade unit) can take care of armored Teams with Flier emblem
4. Team uuuuuuuhh, luckily my +10 Gronnowl Boey can solo bait green and blue melee armor units. So Tharja was taken care of with Shigure
5. Team ummmmmm... ummm.... luckily this was 2 green melee armrs + Faye (green) and Ayra, so Regular Roy with Triangle Adept took care of the green units and Tana with firesweep lance finished of Ayra with Olivia as a back up
6. Team... fork... X-Tharja + Amelia + Ayra + Fjorm with a nasty setup lol Amelia was running wings of mercy and X-Tharja used the new QR from armors so i needed to bait Tharja, but i coulnt bait her because of Amelia Wings of Mercy fucking up my Delthea. So i had to bait Amelia first, which was tricky because X-Tharja allways covered the exact range. Luckily when i was almost cornered and my Lukas could take out a beefed up Special ready Ayra (curse you infanetery pulse! and Quickened Pulse) They split up so Eldigan could take care of Amelia and Delthea managed to bait X-Tharja then
7. This one was Zephiel land, i send in my own Armor team of Effie, Sheena and Zephiel and Zephiel took care of Hector + Ayra + Amelia with the help fo the new skill he got from Lissa (Bold Fighter) which let him 1 round KO all of the others. Sheena took care of Effie

So many tedious slow battles!

8 hours ago, Poimagic said:

If I recall, a blessing is worth 2 points, and a merge is only 1 point.  Looking at their skills, their SP values are equal.  A single merge might be enough for Black Knight to match Ike's value due to his higher BST.

Also, I miss using my 4*+10 Olivia.  She gave me fights in the 696-704 range.  Now with Christmas Lissa I'm having to somewhat fish for 696s, and got lucky with a 698 being found.  Don't make me abandon my horse team, Arena!

I'm done with AA. 4948 is quite low (seems the game chose to gave me scores on the lower side of the spectrum instead of those 710-716 matches I get every now and then) but hopefully it'll be good enough to stay in the top 5k.

Normal arena... Yeah, Tana is having a hard time with the combo of the oasis map and Christmas Tharja being incredibly bulky. I think I'll have to change her for Clair but I'll have to grind some CC. to give her QR 3, otherwise my score is going to tank hard.

9 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I'm done with AA. 4948 is quite low (seems the game chose to gave me scores on the lower side of the spectrum instead of those 710-716 matches I get every now and then) but hopefully it'll be good enough to stay in the top 5k.

Normal arena... Yeah, Tana is having a hard time with the combo of the oasis map and Christmas Tharja being incredibly bulky. I think I'll have to change her for Clair but I'll have to grind some CC. to give her QR 3, otherwise my score is going to tank hard.

what kind of built are you doing for your  Clair? Clair is very fast, so she doesnt need QR in any case

17 minutes ago, Hilda said:

what kind of built are you doing for your  Clair? Clair is very fast, so she doesnt need QR in any case

She's going to use Slaying Lance+ (Res refined), Reposition, Iceberg, Fury 3, QR 3, Def. Ploy 3, Atk. Ploy 3 Sacred Seal (will change for Guidance when I upgrade it). Her nature is +Spd -Def.

The build is a recommendation from @MrSmokestack as I had no idea what to do with her, I suppose QR 3 is to take out every single Ayra on EP while avoiding doubles from Lancebreaker mages.

That's the idea actually, she's incredibly fast so the only reliable way for her to get doubled is from breaker skill which QR nullifies.

As she is now my Clair has 43 spd with only Fury, a Hone Spd buff puts her at 47 which I guess is only doubled by +10 Ayra/Mia and +10 +Spd Mulagir B!Lyn with Hone Cavalry buffs which she shouldn't be fighting in the first place. The Slaying Lance refinement+Fury puts her res at 41 (45 with Fortify Res) which should be more than enough to tank a good portion of the mages and debuff every single opponent that matters. I don't know if the Atk Ploy debuff is enough to stop Reinhardt from killing her with the QP+Moonbow combo but it's worth a shot.

24 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That's the idea actually, she's incredibly fast so the only reliable way for her to get doubled is from breaker skill which QR nullifies.

As she is now my Clair has 43 spd with only Fury, a Hone Spd buff puts her at 47 which I guess is only doubled by +10 Ayra/Mia and +10 +Spd Mulagir B!Lyn with Hone Cavalry buffs which she shouldn't be fighting in the first place. The Slaying Lance refinement+Fury puts her res at 41 (45 with Fortify Res) which should be more than enough to tank a good portion of the mages and debuff every single opponent that matters. I don't know if the Atk Ploy debuff is enough to stop Reinhardt from killing her with the QP+Moonbow combo but it's worth a shot.

I am not fond of this built, but each one has their own play style i guess. My Clair for example focuses on 2 of her streanghts: SPD and RES. She is also +SPD/-DEF and uses:
Refined Berkuts Lance + (RES path)
Iceberg
Distant Counter
Guard 3
Flexible (Ploy, Tactics or Guidance)
Seal: Distant Def Seal

yours is more offensive, while mine can take on any mage or dragonstone user, even on color disadvantage. To each their own^^

Edited by Hilda

Quick Riposte doesn't nullify breakers doubling her, though. It nullifies her double getting suppressed, but not the enemy's double attack. So, what should happen against a Lancebreaker, if she can counterattack and is faster by 5 or more Spd, is the enemy attacks, then she attacks, then the enemy attacks again and finally, she gets her own double.

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Quick Riposte doesn't nullify breakers doubling her, though. It nullifies her double getting suppressed, but not the enemy's double attack. So, what should happen against a Lancebreaker, if she can counterattack and is faster by 5 or more Spd, is the enemy attacks, then she attacks, then the enemy attacks again and finally, she gets her own double.

I must have confused it with the Wary Fighter/Breaker reaction (ignoring the part where the unit with Wary Fighter won't double ever of course), must be the lack of sleep. My bad.

If that's the case then I guess I can make some changes to my Clair, after all the QR 3 exists only in theory as I lack the feathers to give it to her at the moment. Quick Riposte practical benefits come from being able to bait any fast red sword and kill them in the same round thanks to the 2 CD Iceberg , this can be done with Swordbreaker at the cost of losing some points from QR 240 SP cost which I can't afford since she's only a 4*+8. Desperation comes to mind as it has good synergy with Fury but this has a negative effect on her matches against those speedy swords as she'll be unable to kill them in one round without having her special charged and/or dancer support.

@Hilda Your Clair goes more in line with the type of units I usually use, but I went a bit more offensive due to a lack of resources like DC so I went with the second best choice which is a focus on Ayra/Mia/Hone cav Sword hunting. 

11 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I must have confused it with the Wary Fighter/Breaker reaction (ignoring the part where the unit with Wary Fighter won't double ever of course), must be the lack of sleep. My bad.

If that's the case then I guess I can make some changes to my Clair, after all the QR 3 exists only in theory as I lack the feathers to give it to her at the moment. Quick Riposte practical benefits come from being able to bait any fast red sword and kill them in the same round thanks to the 2 CD Iceberg , this can be done with Swordbreaker at the cost of losing some points from QR 240 SP cost which I can't afford since she's only a 4*+8. Desperation comes to mind as it has good synergy with Fury but this has a negative effect on her matches against those speedy swords as she'll be unable to kill them in one round without having her special charged and/or dancer support.

@Hilda Your Clair goes more in line with the type of units I usually use, but I went a bit more offensive due to a lack of resources like DC so I went with the second best choice which is a focus on Ayra/Mia/Hone cav Sword hunting. 

I usually tend to charge her special on the mages, since they will hit for 0 dmg and then proceed to kill the sword unit on the next turn with the special, since the mages will hit her for 0 dmg unless its a Nino who can still deal damage in the range of 20 ish (with full buffs), the rest deals single digit numbers if green (ecxeption is if they have Triangle Adept as their A skill then its back to double digit numbers).
Or i teleport a unit with guidance in, let them finish of the mage and proceed to kill the sword unit with Clair.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I usually tend to charge her special on the mages, since they will hit for 0 dmg and then proceed to kill the sword unit on the next turn with the special, since the mages will hit her for 0 dmg unless its a Nino who can still deal damage in the range of 20 ish (with full buffs), the rest deals single digit numbers if green (ecxeption is if they have Triangle Adept as their A skill then its back to double digit numbers).
Or i teleport a unit with guidance in, let them finish of the mage and proceed to kill the sword unit with Clair.

Makes sense, Berkut's Lance+ with Res refine gives her +11 res on EP which makes her basically immune to non-blade magic (and greens). I'd be nice to have that but then again I lack the resources and Fury clashes heavily with survivability. 

On the other hand I decided to take it easy and gave my Clair Lancebreaker to fill the B slot and save me some feathers. Turns out Atk+Def Ploy is an extremely strong combo which allows Clair to survive on both PP and EP without any trouble and with her high res she's able to take down Dragon Emblem almost alone (needs some help to take Fae down). I think I'm going to give her Wrath as her B slot if I get a Nephenee one day. A 30+ dmg Iceberg is nothing to scoff at (maybe with it she'll be able to take down some bulky greens) and the SP cost is the same as QR 3 so there's no lose there.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Makes sense, Berkut's Lance+ with Res refine gives her +11 res on EP which makes her basically immune to non-blade magic (and greens). I'd be nice to have that but then again I lack the resources and Fury clashes heavily with survivability. 

On the other hand I decided to take it easy and gave my Clair Lancebreaker to fill the B slot and save me some feathers. Turns out Atk+Def Ploy is an extremely strong combo which allows Clair to survive on both PP and EP without any trouble and with her high res she's able to take down Dragon Emblem almost alone (needs some help to take Fae down). I think I'm going to give her Wrath as her B slot if I get a Nephenee one day. A 30+ dmg Iceberg is nothing to scoff at (maybe with it she'll be able to take down some bulky greens) and the SP cost is the same as QR 3 so there's no lose there.

yeah you cant give her Wrath 3. Wrath can only be used on Armored and Infantery units. Since Clair is a Flyer she cant inherit Wrath

Just now, Hilda said:

yeah you cant give her Wrath 3. Wrath can only be used on Armored and Infantery units. Since Clair is a Flyer she cant inherit Wrath

Ack I always forget about that restriction (must be because I don't have the skill). I guess Lancebreaker will stay until IS releases something for fliers.

No defense win yet!  I've never had trouble getting one before... I noticed they slowed down in the last few weeks too.  I used to get so many!  :huh:  Guess I need to switch things up now and add a dancer.  Who's stealing all my defense wins? :P:

Arena: 5040

Arena Assault: 5036

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Who's stealing all my defense wins? :P:

Probably me. For some reason, my team of Felicia, Sheena, Cecilia, and Anna are pulling in a lot of defensive wins. I don't get it either.

Finally got my deathless run of 4939. More than enough to get back into tier 20. I adore Tana but Clair is a lot better right now with the mix of map rotation, dragons and these super bulky armors. I'll bring Tana back after the bonus units change (she got a Holiday vacation it seems).

19 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It's defense tile rotation and both the newly buffed dragons and the Xmas armours are pretty durable. Weapon Refinery has also given a lot of extra durability options to a pretty wide general line-up. So, I guess what I'm saying is that people have more leeway to get away with mistakes these days.

Defense tiles are the best. In the +10 meta, Mages are really rare so whenever I see 4 melee units and defense tiles I know that my +10 Steady Breath, QR, Close def seal Lukas is completely invincible. I just had him tank and kill a TA3 Minerva, LOL.