Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Man I just can't seem to get any defensive wins this week. There are times I wish we could see our defensive losses too, just so I could see how many bites my team is getting and what exactly is trashing me. I even switched away from my usual armor+bonus team just incase the problem was folks being hyper prepared for armors this season.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Usana said:

Man I just can't seem to get any defensive wins this week. There are times I wish we could see our defensive losses too, just so I could see how many bites my team is getting and what exactly is trashing me. I even switched away from my usual armor+bonus team just incase the problem was folks being hyper prepared for armors this season.

I had a ton of trouble last week AND this week. Usually I can set Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, a bonus unit, and a dancer as my team and not have any trouble getting a win within like....24 hours, usually the first few hours. I finally resorted to setting my 4* Berkut as my lead with full on horse bait, hoping he lowered my score enough to kind of screw over some players. I did a ton of shuffling though. Tried Wings of Mercy spam, green spam, DC+Vantage spam. Even a scary tanky dragon. Flier team too.

The Berkut thing worked, and I got my defense win. But dang... I don't know what it is. XD

Amusingly enough, I managed to get a defence win in both of the weeks I was unable to play. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to swap in a bonus unit so it's just 500 feathers instead of 900 but I'll take it anyways.

My prior decision to promote Alfonse is definitely paying off as he's my only 5* bonus unit for next week (assuming I don't pull any of the seasonals)

Edited by Korath88

All I've got is a 4-star +4 Sophia, so I'll have to make do with that. Going to be tough to get into T20 next week, might have to dump the horses or fish hard. Sadly I haven't summoned another Sophia for months.

Well, no matter what, I can't stay tier 20. Got a deathless run with the same team as before (Link of the post), adding Ignis as Chrom's special... Around the same score as last week, but I'm too far (a little above 10k in rank).

I encounter this little girl who got some love :

Spoiler

158955Capturedcrans201712311437301.png

Got 4 defense wins, tho.

Now, I have to hope getting NY!Azura... If not, I'll be in trouble to create a team...

Yeesh, I still can't get a defense win. I've gone and switched to dual Reinhardt one(5* +HP/-res) with Quickened Moonbow and one(4*+10 +ATK/-SPD) with the heavy blade Seal. Accompanied by Brave Bow Lyn and Minerva. I suppose I could go all out and dual Bow Lyn as well? Wouldn't get full points, but any feathers is better than no feathers.  Like with Rein that extra Lyn is sitting around waiting to be used as skill fodder, but I could always level her and have people face two Lyns and two Reins.

After a horror show that was trying to get a deathless AA run yesterday, I've decided on a new New Year's Resolution. No more full advanced difficulty runs. I'm going to end up burning out and hating this game if I keep pushing myself, and for what? About a two-in-three chance of getting into the top 10000 and thus earning an extra 400 feathers, 2 coins and 2 stones.

I've put the policy into immediate effect and doing three advanced fights then the rest of intermediate gets me to rank 13000-odd as of right now. Should land safely above the 20000 cut-off, so I reckon I can cut back to two advanced fights and still be fine.

If I care about my score, I'll probably go with Olwen, who's at +8. Otherwise, I do have enough feathers to get Sophia to +10 if I stop sending all of my extras home (and take a break from my +10 Soleil project).

29 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Gunnthra is no bonus unit?! wtf lol

No space because they had to fit Rhajat in. If they follow the recent patterns, Gunnthra is likely to appear in either the next set or the one after that.

On 12/31/2017 at 1:48 AM, Alexmender said:

Next bonus units are here!

I guess I'm going with my 4*+10 Sophia. I'd use Airzura but she'll score lower and next week is when I need extra points.

Well, I didn't expect Olwen.  I did just promote Gunter for this very Season, but my Olwen might be better, and it would be a shame not to use her.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I care about my score, I'll probably go with Olwen, who's at +8. Otherwise, I do have enough feathers to get Sophia to +10 if I stop sending all of my extras home (and take a break from my +10 Soleil project).

No space because they had to fit Rhajat in. If they follow the recent patterns, Gunnthra is likely to appear in either the next set or the one after that.

I was looking forward to using Gunnthra this season, but I've got a couple other Horses to pick from, so I can keep doing Horse Emblem, so I'm happy.

Is Gunnthra the distaff version of Gunter?

Score report time (Not Forgetting to Take Screenshots on a Holiday Edition):

• Tier 20 score of 5058 (Nino +9 with Aether and Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Tiki +6 with Hone Spd 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with DD3 Seal; WE!Robin with Heavy Blade 3 Seal) - #1881
  • Arena Assault score of 5078 (Nino +8 with Aether and Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Tiki +5 with Hone Spd 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with DD3 Seal; Fjorm with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1590

The legendary banner gave me an extra Nino and Tiki merge (and a crazy boatload of 5-stars, mostly with bad boon/banes, but 8 five-stars over 65 pulls is still notably better than expected), though after I got my AA streak and I didn't have time or inclination to redo it for a possible score increase that could easily be erased by Arena scoring RNG. Wasn't planning to try too hard for the regular Arena, either, but an improvement happened, so there it is. Also got another copy of Fjorm on my very last summoning circle. I guess that's an extra few points, though I'm not sure if I want to merge to my neutral or use the +Spd/-HP as the new base. Kinda thinking the latter will be more practical, though I'll lose out on 1 BST because HP bane is -4. Decisions, decisions...

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi
Wrong seal listed for Nowi.

Gods! I'm at rank 4980 in AA...Please let it stay in the top 5k! It's just a little less than one hour to end!

This is nerve-wracking.

Edit: Got kicked out of the top 5k... It seems a score of 4970 is needed to stay there.

Edited by Alexmender

Wow, a really nice surprise for New Year. Doing the Arena quests with an Armor Emblem that isn't even finished I got a deathless run that has improved my highscore in almost 200 points respect to my flier emblem + bonus unit team :O

Atm 8400 in tier 19, so it's gonna be my first time in tier 20! Although I don't think I'll be able to keep it tbh. This has been my team:

BK: Alondite-Swap-Black Luna-Steady Stance 3-WoM 3-Fortify Armor-Panic Ploy 1

Hector: Armads-Pivot-Ignis-DC-WoM 3-Goad Armor-QP

C!Robin: Tannenboom!+(Speed refine)-Ardent Sacrifice-Bonfire-Brazen Atk/Spe 3-Vantage 3-Armor March 3-Smoke Atk 3

H!Jakob: Monstrous Bow +-None-Ignis-Bracing Blow 3-Wary Fighter 3-Ward Armor-HB 2

Edited by Javi Blizz

With literally 1 minute remaining in the season, did an Arena Assault run and got my score from 4882 to 4902, putting me back in top 10k.  That was rather stressful trying to make sure I didn't screw up the run but still finish it quickly.