Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

12 hours ago, Clogon said:

Omg a +10 +SPD NY!Azura just doubled (with Iote Shield for A Slot) and killed my +1 +SPD Fury Ryoma... The doubling was expected since she had +3 SPD buff and a Drive SPD but I never would have expected her to be able to ORKO my Ryoma...

I am also sad that the Blessing's season has changed. Water Blessing no longer gives bonus points as I can no longer get 744 match-ups with my team and my average dropped by 4 points or so.

does your ryoma run life and death , or is his bane -Def or -HP?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I tried last night, but couldn't get it deathless.  I tried several more times earlier today too.  I hate Christmas Tharja and Halloween Jakob!  Oh, and Effie with Berkut's Lance.  Seriously, what's with all the armours this week?

Arena: 5058

Defense: 596

Arena Assault: 5076

Effie has always been pretty popular, alongside Hector. Armours are pretty much a staple of that score range, and since it's also well into whale territory, yeah, people are probably building their teams around the super seasonal armours.

Moved down to Tier 19, after getting into Tier 20 for the first time last week. Managed a deathless run, but man, double B!Lyn teams can all just die. On her own she's easy enough to deal with, but two... My flier emblem team can only manoeuvre about so much... :'( In my team below, I had originally had Minerva, but switched her out for Camilla, because after a certain battle, I decided I definitely needed to take some anti-mage measures. Also decided to finally give Camilla G Tomebreaker 3, after an embarrassing defeat by the hands of a single Gunnthrá... and when I went to check her after, I saw that I had only equipped G Tomebreaker 2 the entire time during my run, but even then, it was definitely useful. xD

~*~*~*~

Offense: 4960

Defense: 596

The team:

+9 Beruka  Slaying Axe+ (Def), Reposition, Ignis, Close Def 3, Guard 3, Goad Fliers, Close Def 3

+2 Camilla Carrot Axe+ (Res), Reposition, Iceberg, Distant Counter, G Tomebreaker 2, Def Plot 3, Atk Ploy 3

+3 NY! Azura Hagoita+ (Spd), Sing, Moonbow, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield

Catria Carrot Lance+ (Def), Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers, Atk Smoke 3

Edited by Frenzify

53 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Effie has always been pretty popular, alongside Hector. Armours are pretty much a staple of that score range, and since it's also well into whale territory, yeah, people are probably building their teams around the super seasonal armours.

Ah, yeah, I have always seen Effies and Hectors, but usually with other infantry or just 2 of them, so they were easier to deal with cause they usually just moved 1 space.  This week I'm seeing a lot of 3-armour (with march) + dancer teams, haha.  I've been in the 720s for probably a couple months now and this is a first for me! :lol:  Need more anti-armour weapons!  That was tough (well, AA, regular arena team handles them fine). :): 

3 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Ah, yeah, I have always seen Effies and Hectors, but usually with other infantry or just 2 of them, so they were easier to deal with cause they usually just moved 1 space.  This week I'm seeing a lot of 3-armour (with march) + dancer teams, haha.  I've been in the 720s for probably a couple months now and this is a first for me! :lol:  Need more anti-armour weapons!  That was tough (well, AA, regular arena team handles them fine). :): 

trust me the higher up it doesnt get better with the Armor units. All i see in the 740 point range is armor armor armor + some random unit. This is the reason why i want SI to drop the BST calculation into Arena points. Arena points should just be based on rarity (stars) and +merges and skills and bonus unit, BST shouldnt even be considered.

Arena Assault done. Again around 5050 Points. I stagnated at the moment, because I don't draw any Sheena, Gwendolyn or A.Tiki =/.
I hope they will reveal a new interesting banner on friday.

My Steady Breath Athena shined on this Arena assault. After I got my core to +10 I will try to get Athena and Camilla too +10.

It saddens me that they still have to release male Units I truly like and want to invest more in (Guy,Kliff, Ignatius, Hisame, Cormag, Heath, Volke, Haar, Rath for example).

Edited by Stroud

Before I invest any further into armors, is it realistic to get into tier 20 with one heavily merged 5★ armor with the other 2 armors being at +1 as an arena core? Specifically, Amelia + 1, Black Knight + 1, and a heavily merged Effie. Since Effie is the only reliable character that I can get merges on, is it a good idea to basically depend on her for the score? Or should I go with a team that's easier to obtain merges for like A!Tiki, Nowi and Fae as a core? I'm not looking to stay in tier 20 but I just want to get into it.  

Edited by tobuShogi

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

does your ryoma run life and death , or is his bane -Def or -HP?

I did say it is a Fury Ryoma. His bane is -Res. I was too shocked to see what Weapon Upgrade the Hagoita had and if there was a Drive ATK anywhere. But she had 45 SPD with Rally SPD+RES + Drive SPD which allowed her to double my +1 Fury Ryoma that had 42 SPD. Her special was moonbow.

11 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Before I invest any further into armors, is it realistic to get into tier 20 with one heavily merged 5★ armor with the other 2 armors being at +1 as an arena core? Specifically, Amelia + 1, Black Knight + 1, and a heavily merged Effie. Since Effie is the only reliable character that I can get merges on, is it a good idea to basically depend on her for the score? Or should I go with a team that's easier to obtain merges for like A!Tiki, Nowi and Fae as a core? I'm not looking to stay in tier 20 but I just want to get into it.  

"Get into", yes.  Very easily.  I get into it with two +1 Horses (Lyn and Reinhardt), a +0 Horse (Sigurd), and a bonus unit with decently high SI (currently Alfonse, so +0).  Two +1 armors would more than surpass the points I get from my +1 Horses, and a heavily merged armor would far surpass Sigurd.

That said, invest in high SP skills for whatever your core is.  My team gets as high as it does because both Sigurd and Reinhardt have Aether, and my bonus unit runs an AoE special + tier 2 assist (along with normal tier 3 passives).  Black Knight should be helpful here, as he already comes with a high SP weapon and special, and has a built in above-average A passive.

Uh...wow. I'm completely floored. I've been playing around with AA trying to get my deathless run. Lately, it's been a pretty big chore. I just don't enjoy it because it takes so much time and planning, and it always takes several hours unless I get really lucky. Still haven't managed a deathless run, but after upgrading my Merric a bit more, my score jumped up a TON. Up until this point, the highest team I've seen has been in the 714 range. But then I got this match-up:

M5U1z39.png?1

I'm happy to say I beat that team, and then promptly lost to a horse emblem. >.> But wow. I thought it was a fluke, but I consistently get around 716 to 722 as my base score using Raven, Merric, Adult Tiki, and Fjorm. I'm thinking for next Arena season, I may try out Merric, Raven, Adult Tiki, and Micaiah...

On 1/11/2018 at 8:03 AM, GinRei said:

"Get into", yes.  Very easily.  I get into it with two +1 Horses (Lyn and Reinhardt), a +0 Horse (Sigurd), and a bonus unit with decently high SI (currently Alfonse, so +0).  Two +1 armors would more than surpass the points I get from my +1 Horses, and a heavily merged armor would far surpass Sigurd.

That said, invest in high SP skills for whatever your core is.  My team gets as high as it does because both Sigurd and Reinhardt have Aether, and my bonus unit runs an AoE special + tier 2 assist (along with normal tier 3 passives).  Black Knight should be helpful here, as he already comes with a high SP weapon and special, and has a built in above-average A passive.

What's your usual score range with that team? Do you need to fish for higher scores at all?

Edited by tobuShogi

Anyone with melee-only in Arena? 

Boy, it was hard was hard this week, but I managed to get a deathless run after an endless waste of crests:

Spoiler

JzVTNz3.jpg

New personal highscore btw. (4966). 

AA is killing me though ...

Edit: deathless strike with new highscore also in AA: 4990

20+ defense wins with my Arena offense team. 

Edited by mampfoid

Arena score is getting crazy.  I went fishing for some higher scores to get my Arena score up to 5002.  It used to be that 5000 was more than enough to stay in Tier 20, but even with that score it's only 4787/5144 to stay in Tier 20.  I don't know if that's enough to stay, but I don't think I can do much better without using 100 Crests.  I only got 1 Defense Win this week, so I might have to change something up.  I used to get tones every week, but now they only trickle in.

1 minute ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I ran something like that a while back.

PA!Azura
Dorcas
Fjorm
DC!Ayra

It was one of my more successful defense teams.

I'm pretty sure he means on Arena offense. @mampfoid

With the exception of my full dragon team and variants of it, the closest I've been to running full melee was running all 4 Brave Heroes banner units on a single team.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the exception of my full dragon team and variants of it, the closest I've been to running full melee was running all 4 Brave Heroes banner units on a single team.

So, only half melee?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Ah.

Well that's actually what I did this week:

-NY!Azura
-Michalis
-Elincia
-Effie

It was a massive pain resisting the urge to just put NY!Azura on and then just run my usual suspects of B!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Cecilia, but I enjoyed the challenge.

2 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Ah.

Well that's actually what I did this week:

-NY!Azura
-Michalis
-Elincia
-Effie

It was a massive pain resisting the urge to just put NY!Azura on and then just run my usual suspects of B!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Cecilia, but I enjoyed the challenge.

Oh cool, at least I'm not alone on that stony path. ^^

What has been your score?

NY!Azura is really crazy, with Fury, summoner support and DD3 seal she can even tank buffed +10 Reinhardt (not worst Reinhardt with buffs, QP & Moonbow though). 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh cool, at least I'm not alone on that stony path. ^^

What has been your score?

NY!Azura is really crazy, with Fury, summoner support and DD3 seal she can even tank buffed +10 Reinhardt (not worst Reinhardt with buffs, QP & Moonbow though). 

My ending score was 4,814. Having Effie on the team was balanced out by running Flier Emblem, but as long as I'm not going down in rank I'm not too fussed.

I'll build Armour Emblem one of these days.

14 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

My ending score was 4,814. Having Effie on the team was balanced out by running Flier Emblem, but as long as I'm not going down in rank I'm not too fussed.

I'll build Armour Emblem one of these days.

No, I don't like armors very much. I'll give Cordelia a merge every now and then. After that I'll start to merge a green unit. 

@Rezzy it seems everybody is +10ish. Pretty expensive way to solve that map. /Edit: wrong topic. 

Edited by mampfoid