Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

12 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Got a score of 4912. Hopefully I can stay in tier 20 with the score. Oh, and team used was Black Knight+1, Fjorm+1, S!Camilla, and C!Robin.

Based on how much the score has inflated due to the Christmas armors I'd say that the score to stay in tier 20 is somewhere around 4990 or a little bit higher. 

It is better than last season with the Fjorm/Ayra craze where you needed like 5010 or something around those crazy levels but still the score to stay in tier 20 keeps rising thanks to the boosted BST and expensive skills IS keeps releasing.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Got a score of 4912. Hopefully I can stay in tier 20 with the score. Oh, and team used was Black Knight+1, Fjorm+1, S!Camilla, and C!Robin.

I think you meant if it's enough to promote from tier 19 to tier 20? Should suffice, my score was 4910 today ;-) 

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

doesn't really exist in the +10 meta.

Ranged cavalry units don't get built---because they are fucking terrible for arena scoring.

@Hilda that Ayra build is really disgusting. Makes me glad that I run TA3 Nowi and a super defense Lukas.

This pretty much, my main Team only encounters slightly soem Reinharts/Horsies when i am entering Arena with an Askar-Trio unit for bonus unit. And even then they are scarce. Literally everythign is plattered with Armorers/Infantery/Dragon-Lolis, hence why that Ayra built is beyond disgusting lol

arena assault this week has been the most frustrating experience yet

I need to take a break and try again later otherwise I might actually throw my phone at the wall in anger lmao. And I accidentally used a crest while trying to restart a run and I already did my normal arena run (~5020)

Just now, bethany81707 said:

"I'm needed elsewhere. Keep them engaged until I return."

Maybe he stayed in that house too long. In honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an AA run where someone thought BK would be enough to handle the whole crew by himself. I've made the same mistake sending TA Gronnraven Boey against Lyn, Reinhardt, Azura, and Fjorm, only to lose in the end to Fjorm because Ice Mirror got enough of a boost from Boey's Ignis.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Johann It can’t be AA. If it were, the defense score would be halved due to there not being a bonus unit.

Either that person surrendered to reset their streak or they lost by some legendary cosmic screwage. I’m going with the former.

Perhaps, but I'm going to let my imagination run wild and assume that Felicia or Cecilia did something amazing.

edit: I'm pretty sure AA defense wins aren't halved if you have a bonus unit, based on some score testing I did with my brother two weeks ago.

Edited by Johann

41 minutes ago, Ciarre said:

I don't think it's the BK that gave you the win, the person's leading unit isn't necessarily the units they used in arena/assault

It must have been. I tested once with my brother, who has Chrom as his leading unit, but on the defensive win screen, it showed Charlotte, who was on his team.

Edited by Johann

1 hour ago, Johann said:

It must have been. I tested once with my brother, who has Chrom as his leading unit, but on the defensive win screen, it showed Charlotte, who was on his team.

You're definitely right. I fought Whistle's defense team once and it showed a different unit than the one it shows on the AA leaderboard.

Was about to say that Blade Cecilia regularly demolishes BK, but no horse buffs there, so less likely.

My favourite part of the FEH survey I completed just now was that I got to basically dismiss every aspect of Arena Assault. Shame there's no "extremely dissatisfied" option.

9 hours ago, Johann said:

edit: I'm pretty sure AA defense wins aren't halved if you have a bonus unit, based on some score testing I did with my brother two weeks ago.

Hmm. It looks like I’ll need further confirmation but I’ve read that AA defense wins are halved because there are no bonus units in AA, even if a unit on that team gives a 2x bonus in arena for that week.

It could also be from people who got a defense win before changing their lineup so that’s a possibility.

51 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hmm. It looks like I’ll need further confirmation but I’ve read that AA defense wins are halved because there are no bonus units in AA, even if a unit on that team gives a 2x bonus in arena for that week.

It could also be from people who got a defense win before changing their lineup so that’s a possibility.

After AA was introduced, everybody got defense wins with half score and it was the general assumption they came from AA. I'm not getting these anymore since some weeks. 

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Johann It can’t be AA. If it were, the defense score would be halved due to there not being a bonus unit.

Either that person surrendered to reset their streak or they lost by some legendary cosmic screwage. I’m going with the former.

Remember, the defense list shows that person's lead unit.  Not the first slot of the team they were using to fight.  For all we know, said person went in with a x3 Reinhardt + bonus unit team and got squashed.

8 hours ago, Johann said:

It may show whoever the lead of their current party is, but it definitely is not just the team they fought with.  Otherwise there'd be no way for the unit to change on the list, but I've had people who seemingly randomly have a different person repping them in the defense list.

Did this person went without a bonus or why is that defense score so low? Btw my defense team is the one in the image so it's not like I'm not using a bonus unit.

In any case I finally finished my AA run with 4956. Please let this stay in the top 5k.

Edited by Alexmender

7 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Did this person went without a bonus or why is that defense score so low? Btw my defense team is the one in the image so it's not like I'm not using a bonus unit.

hmm.thumb.jpg.dea79273d02daaef2f43a053a8d42a9d.jpg

In any case I finally finished my AA run with 4956. Please let this stay in the top 5k.

Last season I remained in top 5k barely with 4964. 

As far as I know, the half score defense wins could come from AA, since there the bonus doesn't apply. 

Edited by mampfoid

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Last season I remained in top 5k barely with 4954. 

As far as I know, the half score defense wins could come from AA, since there the bonus doesn't apply. 

I hope it stays. Last season AA chose to gave me scores in the low-end which ended at like 4939 or something.

Hmm...That may be it. I assumed that as long as I had a bonus on my defense team it would apply it regardless of where I got the win, maybe it doesn't work like that.

I'm just curious what next arena season will be. I have an interesting idea for an arena season, but I don't know if it would work. 

Completly off topic, I have two defense wins. One is a Brave Lyn and the other is a Sigurd.

7 hours ago, GinRei said:

Remember, the defense list shows that person's lead unit.  Not the first slot of the team they were using to fight.  For all we know, said person went in with a x3 Reinhardt + bonus unit team and got squashed.

It may show whoever the lead of their current party is, but it definitely is not just the team they fought with.  Otherwise there'd be no way for the unit to change on the list, but I've had people who seemingly randomly have a different person repping them in the defense list.

In our test, the defensive win showed a unit who was neither his leading unit in friend list nor the first unit he had within that party (both of which were the same Chrom). For what we were testing, regular Arena would've been unnecessary and a waste of Dueling Crests, so we used AA.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Last season I remained in top 5k barely with 4964. 

I think the reverse is true for @Alexmender's picture; regular Arena requires you use the bonus unit for a full defense score, while Arena Assault might not.

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Do you have any links to where people could verify that? We could, alternatively, try to create teams and find each other in the Arena to verify. I just assume people switched out their bonus units without realizing it.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Do you have any links to where people could verify that? We could, alternatively, try to create teams and find each other in the Arena to verify. I just assume people switched out their bonus units without realizing it.

I got my information by word of mouth, so I can't verify anything on my end unfortunately. We'll just have to test with each other's teams to find out.