Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

43 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Edit: @Vaximillian I assume you might have ended your battle but you can go ahead and defeat it, I've gotten two already it seems.

Nope, it was hanging on, lol! Time to deal the final blow then. ?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the first time I break 3550 also appears to be the first week where 3550, and indeed 3552 isn't even enough to get into T20. Figures.

Coupled with no defense wins, it makes for a rather underwhelming week, though fairly trivially so given the ongoing HM farm.

No defense wins this week it seems. Well, I haven't seen that in a while but there's still hope that I may get something during the last day while people that ignore arena/AA until the last minute rush to get their runs done.

I've managed to stay safe in t20 despite Anna and Summer Camilla being my only bonus options. A score of 3,680 keeps me at around 2400th place in the tier. 5,203 keeps me safely in AA top 3k too. Only 1 defense win, which I got after switching around some things like Guidance smoke skill seals to try and make my team more annoying. I have to think of a better idea for defense team building, since I just toss my +10 arena core + the bonus unit. They're not the most suited for a scary defense team, but I don't have anything else merged really.

This was another week of Camilla carrying an all blue team against against the meta. I look forward to when Soleil can finally be completed so I actually have a +10 red as an option, but until then Camilla's putting in work solo'ing all these green-heavy armor teams I keep getting.

I'm glad this season is going pretty well, before arena goes to hell next month with the awful changes. I don't really care about t21, but the bonus unit thing sucks.

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I have to think of a better idea for defense team building, since I just toss my +10 arena core + the bonus unit.

This is what I'm doing too and after some weeks with only 1-2 wins, this week gave me 5. Definitely working better than the themed summer/Cordelia teams. 

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I don't really care about t21, but the bonus unit thing sucks.

I fully agree here.

Why do I invest so much into my core and then I'll have to give all the kills to a random bonus unit? Especially since my core isn't good at giving support. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

This is what I'm doing too and after some weeks with only 1-2 wins, this week gave me 5. Definitely working better than the themed summer/Cordelia teams. 

I fully agree here.

Why do I invest so much into my core and then I'll have to give all the kills to a random bonus unit? Especially since my core isn't good at giving support. 

Funnily enough I got 2 defenses when I tried a Tharja theme team with all the Tharjas + Rhajat a couple weeks ago. (Sadly Camilla and Cordelia did not bring similar results.)

I've been sticking to my arena core since I assume the higher score range would let more people fight me and mean more wins, but maybe I really need a more threatening combination than Camilla/Cordelia/Effie/Bonus. It seems to work better when the bonus unit I have is infantry (not counting Askrs) or an armor to make use of Guidance seal jank.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to this. My team's going to have issues feeding kills to a bonus unit too, and it'll be just plain annoying babying a unit if it's something meh like an Askr one. First they changed arena for the better making you only need a 5 match streak, but now they're trying to make it suck again. Good thing I've actually been enjoying AA lately. Hope they don't add bad changes to that soon too.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

've been sticking to my arena core since I assume the higher score range would let more people fight me and mean more wins,

That's what I'm assuming too. 

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

but maybe I really need a more threatening combination than Camilla/Cordelia/Effie/Bonus. It seems to work better when the bonus unit I have is infantry (not counting Askrs) or an armor to make use of Guidance seal jank.

How did you build your Effie? Armor boots should be a must, alternatively go without armor boots but give her WoM and set her into the second row. 

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

First they changed arena for the better making you only need a 5 match streak, but now they're trying to make it suck again. Good thing I've actually been enjoying AA lately. Hope they don't add bad changes to that soon too.

Yeah, 5 streak was a good qol change, while bonus unit kills is two steps backwards. It was enough to bring players to realize one kill with a bonus unit. 

AA became fun, perhaps it's the diversity I'm finding in my score range or it's because the last change forced me to build some interesting teams. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

How did you build your Effie? Armor boots should be a must, alternatively go without armor boots but give her WoM and set her into the second row.

Spoiler

yqqbTOo.jpg

Yep, Armored Boots is great. Don't mind the Rally, I put it to Swap or Pivot when not actively doing my main arena streak. Perhaps I'll switch back to Peri next week to see if that does better. I thought Effie might be more threatening paired with Guidance, but maybe not.
(Peri for reference)

Spoiler

tlMwQUh.jpg

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

AA became fun, perhaps it's the diversity I'm finding in my score range or it's because the last change forced me to build some interesting teams. 

Same here. Now that my unit roster is pretty expansive and I'm not forced to reroll matches as much to stay in my goal score range, there's not much frustration right now so I can just enjoy playing the matches. It's fun getting to play with my other units in the arena setting, and to see how my +0 guys can work together to take out the +10 enemy teams.

Managed a score of 3,658 after much fishing for the 730-734 range, which is my current max with my core + Anna. I had to 5* her, but honestly, it was a long time coming since I'd already made Alfonse and Sharena 5* many months ago.

I'm surprised that I'm not ranked higher, currently sitting near enough to rank 5,400 when ~6,000 is the current cutoff.

My score might fall, it might not. We'll see this time tomorrow, when there's only a few hours left.

Edited by Raven

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:
  Hide contents

yqqbTOo.jpg

Yep, Armored Boots is great. Don't mind the Rally, I put it to Swap or Pivot when not actively doing my main arena streak. Perhaps I'll switch back to Peri next week to see if that does better. I thought Effie might be more threatening paired with Guidance, but maybe not.
(Peri for reference)

Hide contents

tlMwQUh.jpg

Perhaps WoM on some units would really be a good idea. I have it always on Cherche and most of the times also on Cordelia. I imagine someone failing to kill Roy and thus gets the killer girls beamed in. 

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps WoM on some units would really be a good idea. I have it always on Cherche and most of the times also on Cordelia. I imagine someone failing to kill Roy and thus gets the killer girls beamed in. 

I'll have to check my fodder stock and give it a try. You're right that WoM teleports can be truly evil sometimes.

WoM is great on ranged units who can fly in behind tankier frontliners who engage and get damaged, getting easy kills for defense wins from careless people.

7 minutes ago, Raven said:

WoM is great on ranged units who can fly in behind tankier frontliners who engage and get damaged, getting easy kills for defense wins from careless people.

Perhaps I should try to equip Hit&Run on Roy, my Fliers could beam into the gap if both combatants survive. Usually don't have ranged units on the team, only bonus units who don't get precious WoM.

This is one of the better arena seasons for my main, and one of the worst for my alt. Leif is a bonus unit, and is one of my +10s, so I'm good on Arena score. Turned in an Assault score that should be 10k if not 5k. Of course I have yet to get a defense win. Meanwhile, even a deathless isn't enough for my alt to move to 19 instead of 17.

At least next season is Fjorm season. Good thing my alt has Mae ready.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Arena is about to go to shit. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

We still have three weeks of the existing arena, the new changes don't come into effect until the season starting 14 August.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

We still have three weeks of the existing arena, the new changes don't come into effect until the season starting 14 August.

I thought we’d have two weeks, but three is even better. But then it’ll go to shit. Was there even any thought process involved in this decision?

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I thought we’d have two weeks, but three is even better. But then it’ll go to shit. Was there even any thought process involved in this decision?

"Whales are only whaling for one bonus unit every banner. We could quadruple our profits by making them whale for all four!"

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

"Whales are only whaling for one bonus unit every banner. We could quadruple our profits by making them whale for all four!"

"Let's stick a new tier above 20 just so they actually have a reason to whale for 4 bonus units, while we're at it."

1 hour ago, Raven said:

"Let's stick a new tier above 20 just so they actually have a reason to whale for 4 bonus units, while we're at it."

If the reward is a symbolic crown, they have no choice. 

Well with 9 hours left, there's less than 400 ranks standing between me and T19 despite hitting a personal best in arena scoring. Guess I'm falling after all, as expected.

Fucking Legendary Hector lol.

Improved my 3552 to 3560 and nope, still going down to T18. The threshold to go up has gone about 10 points past the previous record. Guess T20 is just not meant to be.

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, what's the new Arena offense meta going to be? 3 merged armored units with DC and Poison Strike with the bonus unit carrying around Hardy Bearing 3 seal?

Every bonus unit with cancel affinity. 

Couldn't be bothered this week. I rage quit because my current Fae is -atk +spd and kept missing important kills. Thankfully I've obtained more copies of her over time so she can pack a stronger punch