Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Maybe my -Spd Bunny Lucina is coloring my judgment, but to me, even with Swift Sparrow, she has a lack of firepower, and doesn't reliably take out the people she's supposed to, being the Sword units (and sometimes Tharja).

Nino doesn't need no Passives. You can unequip everything except her tome and she's still gonna blow a hole through everything.

Thinking about it, I guess maybe Nino and Tharja aren't S+ because while they are very good, they require support to be game-breaking. Though if you ask me, Nino with no buffs is still pretty scary.

Considering neutral S!Lucina and Nino and no buffs, S!Lucina has the same attack and 4 more speed on player phase. On enemy phase, Nino has 4 more attack and the same speed. I'd say it's kinda even in that regard. But when you factor in potential buffs, Nino is indeed a better unit.

I'm guessing they either didn't calculate in buffs since it would show favorism (though, the game is about synergising units, so I wouldn't agree with that) or they didn't see that reason enough to bump Nino/Tharja to S+ or S!Lucina to A. I'm not sure where I would put all three of them either to be honest, what about you?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH HELL YES VIRION'S BACK IN THE HOUSE!

Team's gonna be Young Tiki, Ephraim (need to level grind like crazy and give him Hone Speed), Spring Camilla (who STILL doesn't have a proc), and Virion.  Still need to give Virion a better A skill and Glimmer (when I pull a second Beruka).  Time to make things cry.

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Considering neutral S!Lucina and Nino and no buffs, S!Lucina has the same attack and 4 more speed on player phase. On enemy phase, Nino has 4 more attack and the same speed. I'd say it's kinda even in that regard. But when you factor in potential buffs, Nino is indeed a better unit.

I'm guessing they either didn't calculate in buffs since it would show favorism (though, the game is about synergising units, so I wouldn't agree with that) or they didn't see that reason enough to bump Nino/Tharja to S+ or S!Lucina to A. I'm not sure where I would put all three of them either to be honest, what about you?

I guess it's fair to not factor in teammate support in a tier list, since it rates units individually. Eh. I would personally bump Tharja and Nino up, but it makes some sense to put them in S, thinking about it.

Maaaaybe keep Bunny Lucina in S, but Reinhardt should be up there with her.

I think Spring Lucina may be up there because her high base Spd is conducive to Blarblade(+) shenanigans. Blade tomes generally give their users super overkill Atk, so Spring Lucina having a somewhat lower base doesn't really matter that much when she can consistently double. Before the matchmaking changes, I saw tons of +10 Blarblade+ Spring Lucina teams that were scary as hell. Being a focus character, I'd say she's even better than Linde because she makes just as good use of Blarblade and her banner made her much easier to +10. Vanilla, she's pretty awful, but in terms of overall resources and availability for power, I can definitely see why she'd be up there.

EDIT:

Score of 4768 (all new matches)

• Ground Zero (1AM PST Apr 13) - #979
  • 14 Hours Later - #1535
  • 38 Hours Later - #2453
  • 62 Hours later - #3693
  • 86 Hours Later - #4776

Crap, that really nosedived over the weekend. Unless people are seriously lazy over the next 25 hours, RIP the 5k dream. Also, still no defenses despite rotating things around a bunch to fill my defense team with a bunch of dangerous nukes. I kinda wish I had a Reinhardt. I do have a 4* one, but since my offense team is in a position that doesn't really need a Rein, that would mean investing 20 000 feathers on a non-+Atk one to maybe get 500 feathers per week. That would mean 20 weeks of defense victories before I'd even see a profit. So, uh... yeaaaaah.

Oh, well, at least the next two weeks should be pretty cool since I'll be able to field my choice offense team—with some wiggle room for roster adjustments, thanks to having both Cherche and Sharena on the bonus list.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Team's gonna be Young Tiki, Ephraim (need to level grind like crazy and give him Hone Speed), Spring Camilla (who STILL doesn't have a proc), and Virion.  Still need to give Virion a better A skill and Glimmer (when I pull a second Beruka).  Time to make things cry.

Why Glimmer? Draconic Aura is better in most cases, even Luna.

I've been meaning to ask, how exactly does one rank in arena? In all my times (which admittedly, wasn't much, once I hit the offensive benchmark), I've always been unranked, and my defense score has never changed at 262

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

I've been meaning to ask, how exactly does one rank in arena? In all my times (which admittedly, wasn't much, once I hit the offensive benchmark), I've always been unranked, and my defense score has never changed at 262

Unranked means your score isn't high enough to break into the top 100,000.

Your defense score is your highest successful defense score. When an opponent loses or surrenders to your arena defense team, that counts as a successful defense, and the score is based on the rating of the team that lost to you.

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

You 'just' need to be in atleast the top 100.000 players to rank. Before the Arena update, I think that was somewhere between 4.100 and 4.200. After the update though, it should probably be somewhat higher.

The defense score is based on the highest score of an enemy team that challenged your team and lost/forfeited.

19 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Why Glimmer? Draconic Aura is better in most cases, even Luna.

He already has Night Sky learned, so it's less SP on my end.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Alright, I'm ready for next week, let's see if this is really as good as people praise it to be.

It's a Klein that's slightly worse and costs more to make, but it's still a Klein---so pretty decent.

Edit:

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Ah Virion and his glorious 31/31 worse in every way compared to TKJ offenses. Still decent---I imagine he'd be as good as Setsuna after inheritance.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I guess it's fair to not factor in teammate support in a tier list, since it rates units individually. Eh. I would personally bump Tharja and Nino up, but it makes some sense to put them in S, thinking about it.

Maaaaybe keep Bunny Lucina in S, but Reinhardt should be up there with her.

Even with +Atk/+Spd factored in, that's still 8 more attack on Nino vs 4 more speed on S!Lucina (and the +1 to charge does start to matter if you use a relevant special). They'd still belong in the same tier, I'd think.

All-in buffs on Nino means you've used up multiple units on that turn just to buff Nino---if you built a team around S!Lucina like you just did for Nino, adding people to pick off people S!Lucina hates etc, I imagine they'd turn out about the same anyway.

That said, the tier list is a total joke in general. (Lol S rank Setsuna when she both gets less KOs in absolute numbers and worse match-up spread. If a unit is S tier, L&D Brave Bow+ Setsuna probably doesn't kill it while TKJ do, is basically how it works.)

Edited by DehNutCase

9 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Ah Virion and his glorious 31/31 worse in every way compared to TKJ offenses. Still decent---I imagine he'd be as good as Setsuna after inheritance.

You're about to find out.  Had just enough SP for a couple of skills (one of which is Glimmer), which should improve his viability, for my purposes.  Kinda want to go the Fury route on this one, but would rather give him a team buff first.

Besides, I haven't pulled any of the aforementioned ones, and Virion quite literally carried me through pre-inheritance Arena.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You're about to find out.  Had just enough SP for a couple of skills (one of which is Glimmer), which should improve his viability, for my purposes.  Kinda want to go the Fury route on this one, but would rather give him a team buff first.

Besides, I haven't pulled any of the aforementioned ones, and Virion quite literally carried me through pre-inheritance Arena.

Just remember to run some Hone or Spur Atk on your team, even my +Atk Klein misses some 2HKOs without Lucina's help. (Unless you're running him with just a Silver+, in which case I have no idea how to rate him.)

Edited by DehNutCase

18 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

It's a Klein that's slightly worse and costs more to make, but it's still a Klein---so pretty decent.

Hmm, could be. But I don't have many Klein's, while I had the option of building a 4* 40+10 Setsuna that will give me a lot of Arena points, plus she's a bonus unit for the next two weeks. With the merges, she will do more than any of my Klein's could, with 95 wins and 1 loss against the average 5*. There's so many different options in skills, merges and boons/banes of enemy units though that I generally don't like using those numbers.

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Just remember to run some Hone or Spur Atk on your team, even my +Atk Klein misses some 2HKOs without Lucina's help. (Unless you're running him with just a Silver+, in which case I have no idea how to rate him.)

Who said his job was to outright kill everything?  I have A source of Hone Atk, but it's not ideal (Ephraim).

Still, he'll do more damage than my Jakob ever will!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Who said his job was to outright kill everything?  I have A source of Hone Atk, but it's not ideal (Ephraim).

Still, he'll do more damage than my Jakob ever will!

Poison Dagger+ Jakob, though. (lol)

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Poison Dagger+ Jakob, though. (lol)

On -Atk?  Even I'M not that insane!

Like Jakob, Virion's going to be a debuffer.  Unlike Jakob, he won't miss KOs on things like Julia.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

He already has Night Sky learned, so it's less SP on my end.

Too lazy to grind SP eh?

Spoiler

58dcfc33b8560_images(1).jpg.365d88d6dc8634a7a896fa41b23298d9.jpg

Anywho my highest rank ever:

4676 gets me at rank 22,702

And I have a 274 defense WOOT WOOT

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Too lazy to grind SP eh?

Hide contents

58dcfc33b8560_images(1).jpg.365d88d6dc8634a7a896fa41b23298d9.jpg

Anywho my highest rank ever:

4676 gets me at rank 22,702

And I have a 274 defense WOOT WOOT

Dang I wish I got defense scores. I've only had a few since the game came out...

Edit: Score updated! Ranked at 69k~ so far

Edited by GuiltyLove

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Dang I wish I got defense scores. I've only had a few since the game came out...

Its happened to me too :(

Some EZ defense strats:

All strong units

Strong units + Dancer

All one color

2 blue 1 red 1 green 

2 (color) 1 (color) dancer but it can't be 2 greens

Edited by Arcanite