pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Gm5Om3y7_gQ.jpg

Attack me, dammit!

I know monochrome teams are recommended for defense, but I think part of the problem here is that all of your units are melee. Throwing a ranged in there would probably net you more wins. 

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I know monochrome teams are recommended for defense, but I think part of the problem here is that all of your units are melee. Throwing a ranged in there would probably net you more wins. 

Yeah, I'm just going to wait some more and drop one of the dragons or even Sharena (as much as it pains me to) in favour of Ursula.
Or would Lilina or Nino work better?

32 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Gm5Om3y7_gQ.jpg

Attack me, dammit!

Same.

I just gave Ryoma and Eirika Fury 3. Hopefully they'll be able to mince out somebody using their pure disgusting stats.

I hate the new arena....

While I may get a higher score this time around (little over rank 1100 atm), the teams I'm facing are obnoxious as all hell. I see so many Ninian+4, Rheinhardt +3, Nino+5, Kagero+3, Linde+5, etc. (just to name a few) with the Fury/LoD Bladetome/Massbuff Kamikaze builds and the like that I have to surrender on the selection screen now if it isnt a unit I can safely remove. I mean wth? I'm F2P, I only have a +1 Lucina and only decent skills besides my cookie cutter Nowi with TA3/QP3 and I'm faced against obvious whales. This is really tiring and taking a lot of the fun out of the experience for me since having a no-death run has become quite the chore. Nuh uh, don't like that new Matchmaking, no sir, though I know some like the challenge (I just want feathers).

Wow, ever since I changed up my team, arena has been easy. Nino, Ephraim (pretending to be Erika with Hone speed), and Ryoma (used to be Roy, but I finally rolled Ryoma today and trained him to lv40) can pretty much counter anything. I was worried for a match because there was Kagero but she got annihilated by Ryoma. Though there seems to be a large increase in the number of dancers. I'm guessing 4*Michalis is tanking my score right now....

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I'm just going to wait some more and drop one of the dragons or even Sharena (as much as it pains me to) in favour of Ursula.
Or would Lilina or Nino work better?

Is Ursula vanilla or blade? Because I would say no to vanilla, but blade could do well.

Otherwise, I'd probably go with Lilina just so a singular Hector doesn't walk all over your defense. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Is Ursula vanilla or blade? Because I would say no to vanilla, but blade could do well.

Otherwise, I'd probably go with Lilina just so a singular Hector doesn't walk all over your defense. 

Ursula is vanilla. I've only had one Odin and fed his Moonbow to Sharena.
Lilina still needs +Atk buffs to destroy Hector. Sharena also has Swordbreaker to not let Lucinas and the like delete my dragons.

Whom to replace with Lilina?

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ursula is vanilla. I've only had one Odin and fed his Moonbow to Sharena.
Lilina still needs +Atk buffs to destroy Hector. Sharena also has Swordbreaker to not let Lucinas and the like delete my dragons.

Whom to replace with Lilina?

Hmm, honestly probably either Sharena (I know, it pains me too) or Corrin. 

If Nowi has Triangle Adept and QR/Swordbreaker then Lucina shouldn't be a problem, but I have no idea how much inheritance, if any, you have on her. 

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Hmm, honestly probably either Sharena (I know, it pains me too) or Corrin. 

If Nowi has Triangle Adept and QR/Swordbreaker then Lucina shouldn't be a problem, but I have no idea how much inheritance, if any, you have on her. 

All three dragons are vanilla. It doesn't rain Selenas, Subakis, and Abels on me so that I can outfit everybody with everything.
Then Corrin→Lilina it will be tomorrow unless the current team actually scores a defence win by then.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I hate the new arena....

While I may get a higher score this time around (little over rank 1100 atm), the teams I'm facing are obnoxious as all hell. I see so many Ninian+4, Rheinhardt +3, Nino+5, Kagero+3, Linde+5, etc. (just to name a few) with the Fury/LoD Bladetome/Massbuff Kamikaze builds and the like that I have to surrender on the selection screen now if it isnt a unit I can safely remove. I mean wth? I'm F2P, I only have a +1 Lucina and only decent skills besides my cookie cutter Nowi with TA3/QP3 and I'm faced against obvious whales. This is really tiring and taking a lot of the fun out of the experience for me since having a no-death run has become quite the chore. Nuh uh, don't like that new Matchmaking, no sir, though I know some like the challenge (I just want feathers).

A friend of mine with only two Lv40+1 units on his team said he started to face a lot more high merge teams after he put the Sacred Seals on his characters. I wonder if the reverse works. If you are using them, try taking off the Sacred Seals on your characters. This will slightly lower the score you get in the arena as well as the strength of you opponents. But, if you don't feel up to the task of taking on high merge teams, there no point in drawing them as opponents anyways.

On 4/13/2017 at 1:36 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Score is still 4,894 (1 death).
Rank is now 295.

Score is still 4,894 (1 death).
Rank is now 355.

I think it's safe to say I'll be around rank 600 by the end of the week. That's reassuring.

My old defense team still hasn't gotten a single defense win since the update. I haven't finished building the new proposed team yet since I don't have enough character slots to actually make pulls from the new banner yet.

@MaskedAmpharos I'm probably going to start by trying out Linde so that she matches Lucina's movement range. I'll probably try Reinhardt and Robin in turn for experimentation, though. I'm a bit afraid Reinhardt's cavalry movement will cause him to run ahead to far and be too easy to bait (because that's how I deal with enemy Reinhardt).

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Score is still 4,894 (1 death).
Rank is now 355.

I think it's safe to say I'll be around rank 600 by the end of the week. That's reassuring.

My old defense team still hasn't gotten a single defense win since the update. I haven't finished building the new proposed team yet since I don't have enough character slots to actually make pulls from the new banner yet.

@MaskedAmpharos I'm probably going to start by trying out Linde so that she matches Lucina's movement range. I'll probably try Reinhardt and Robin in turn for experimentation, though. I'm a bit afraid Reinhardt's cavalry movement will cause him to run ahead to far and be too easy to bait (because that's how I deal with enemy Reinhardt).

Let me know how it goes!

I think Reinhardt's viability on defense varies from week to week based on the Arena maps. He's amazing on the bridge maps, for example, because he can go straight down and nuke someone before the enemy offense has time to get a counter in position (though admittedly that's a lot less of a problem after the update because they can rearrange characters). On more open maps, like the mountain one, he definitely struggles with pulling too far ahead though.

The thing about Reinhardt though is that there aren't actually too many things that can stop him. High res tanks like Julia are perfect counters to him, but he'll OHKO or severely dent almost everyone else. And you aren't trying to score as many wins as possible; just that one win. Not every team will have a good green high res counter, so if someone's main ranged counter is someone like Linde or Nowi, they're going to get blown back. 

Even the likes of Hector are heavily dented even if not killed outright, which makes it easy for another unit to swoop in later for the kill.

As far as I'm concerned, all Reinhardt needs to do is delete one person or heavily dent someone enough for them to be an easy kill later in the match, and if he does that then his job is done. My target isn't the teams with the Julias that counter Rein but rather the occasional team that isn't ready for him.

Anyways I've rambled on far too long (as I tend to do). I hope you find a defense team that works out for you!

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Arena battles are pretty easy now that we are able to switch our units on the map. But that also means its harder to get defense wins....

Got a score of 4748, ranked 6085. Is there any way to raise the amount of points you get per battle aside from merging? 

43 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Got a score of 4748, ranked 6085. Is there any way to raise the amount of points you get per battle aside from merging? 

Merging seems to be the most surefire way to go about it. I decided to do a pull on the Spring focus yesterday to take advantage of the heightened 5* chance before it expired, and ended up with an Ephraim. Merged him into my existing one and started seeing more tough teams (690 point range) mixed in with the 670s. I kiiinda want to bump up a 4* Eirika I have lying around now to see if that changes anything...(edit: after merging her with my current one. Probably implied, but just in case...)

SI doesn't seem to carry a whole lot of weight, as before that I was seeing mostly vanilla teams while running a team with a whole load of non-standard sets O.o . All that did was make the matches braindead-easy, which is not my cup of tea.

idk how much they weight pre-skill stats. I'd have to put team dragon back together to find out, except I'd have to use Young Tiki instead of Adult, which would probably not be good for my chances of victory lol. Haven't used Tiki in a loooong time...thinking about it now though.

In other news, 4800 points is Rank 883 right now...trying to bump that up higher by only taking 690+ battles, but I may not get enough before the season resets, unfortunately. Top 5k is still pretty good.

Also switched up my def team to Caeda, Hinoka, Camilla (Spring Princess) and Azura and picked up 5 defensive wins over the past 2 days (including one with the lead as Rebecca...except nobody on that team is running anti-bow stuff, so I'm kinda confused). I'm really curious to know if it's the Camilla or Caeda messing with people...

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Also switched up my def team to Caeda, Hinoka, Camilla (Spring Princess) and Azura and picked up 5 defensive wins over the past 2 days (including one with the lead as Rebecca...except nobody on that team is running anti-bow stuff, so I'm kinda confused). I'm really curious to know if it's the Camilla or Caeda messing with people...

I'm almost certain the lead that appears in the list of defense wins is the player's account lead (and therefore their defense team lead) and not necessarily their offense team lead.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm almost certain the lead that appears in the list of defense wins is the player's account lead (and therefore their defense team lead) and not necessarily their offense team lead.

Ah...that'd do it. Come to think of it, I think I actually saw one of the units on that list change. Like...to 3* Shanna, then to 5* Ryoma. I have no idea why I hadn't guessed the implications of that.

Hector seems to be a lot weaker in this meta and the upcoming one. +ATK Reinhardt has no trouble ORKO'ing him with a few buffs. He also has a much harder time aganst Green Mages thanks to Bunny Camilla which is tanky enough to never get OHKO'd and will ORKO him in Flier Emblem team.

Edited by Clogon

i have two defense wins, team shown below. it's a pretty dang low BST team and i think that helps a lot. haven't failed to get at least 1 defense win every season since i started fielding it.

edit: and the whole having 3 ranged units probably helps..

Spoiler

tekB4bD.png

Edited by wizzard of soz

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Arena battles are pretty easy now that we are able to switch our units on the map. But that also means its harder to get defense wins....

High BST still matters, I believe, it's just that unit types get a 'bonus' BST to cover for the type penalty. (Mages get +x, cav get +x, cav mages get + 2x etc.)

'Trainee' units are good since they have more stats than usual in exchange for balanced (this usually dumpsters a unit, gotta specialize) stats: Faye, Fae, Nowi, Y!Tiki, Donnel etc.

God, -Blade Camilla and Nino are so difficult to deal with.

I have a Ryoma but I don't want to swap out my +4 Eirika. My +Res Julia seems like a good choice to tank them but she cannot kill them in return.

I really hope they release a Green Dancer soon. <.<

Any suggestions on a non red unit that can tank and kill Nino, S!Camilla and Julia on counter?

10 minutes ago, Clogon said:

God, -Blade Camilla and Nino are so difficult to deal with.

I have a Ryoma but I don't want to swap out my +4 Eirika. My +Res Julia seems like a good choice to tank them but she cannot kill them in return.

I really hope they release a Green Dancer soon. <.<

Any suggestions on a non red unit that can tank and kill Nino, S!Camilla and Julia on counter?

Dude, everything not red dies to a fully buffed S!Camilla.

G-tomebreaker Julia could tank S!Camilla with only Hone fliers and double back for the KO.

Edit: Seriously, just run a T-Adept Sophia and be done with it.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Dude, everything not red dies to a fully buffed S!Camilla.

G-tomebreaker Julia could tank S!Camilla with only Hone fliers and double back for the KO.

Edit: Seriously, just Run a T-Adept Sophia and be done with it.

This is why I run Lilina. She OHKOs both Nino and S!Camilla. I've never really seen them as a threat to my team because of this.