Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

9 minutes ago, Clogon said:

God, -Blade Camilla and Nino are so difficult to deal with.

I have a Ryoma but I don't want to swap out my +4 Eirika. My +Res Julia seems like a good choice to tank them but she cannot kill them in return.

I really hope they release a Green Dancer soon. <.<

Any suggestions on a non red unit that can tank and kill Nino, S!Camilla and Julia on counter?

I use Ryoma but Nino can be used when in a pinch. Mine is +spd with fury and when buffed with hone speed, she'll definitely double other Ninos which means ORKO.

Nino kills Julia if buffed and S!Camilla dies no matter what. 

Edited by Kiran

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Seriously, just run a T-Adept Sophia and be done with it.

I don't have a 5* Sophia and replacing my +4 Erika reduces my score. :( I will just live with it for now.

Edit:

To be clear, I am in the group where I face +5 fully skilled Ninos and Camilla.

Edited by Clogon

47 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

i have two defense wins, team shown below. it's a pretty dang low BST team and i think that helps a lot. haven't failed to get at least 1 defense win every season since i started fielding it.

edit: and the whole having 3 ranged units probably helps..

Hide contents

tekB4bD.png

I decided to try a similar team: 4* Olivia, 5* m!Robin/s!Lucina/Sharena. I've been going the "blue stacking" route with an emphasis on ranged attacks, but I guess adding Lilina as a third ranged attacker over Sharena could also work? No success so far, so I'm inclined to keep trying new things.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I decided to try a similar team: 4* Olivia, 5* m!Robin/s!Lucina/Sharena. I've been going the "blue stacking" route with an emphasis on ranged attacks, but I guess adding Lilina as a third ranged attacker over Sharena could also work? No success so far, so I'm inclined to keep trying new things.

yeah that sounds good, esp. for taking care of S. Camilla, Nino and Julia who both pretty much slaughter Robin and Lucina and the former will be likely to show up since she's a bonus unit. as great as Sharena is, i feel like she's a bit lackluster on a defense team, because she lags behind due to the AI's super-intelligent-rallying-for-no-reason-strat and is easy to pick off later. at least in my experience of going against her. though Lucina has a rally too, may not be as bad since she's ranged..

3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah that sounds good, esp. for taking care of S. Camilla, Nino and Julia who both pretty much slaughter Robin and Lucina and the former will be likely to show up since she's a bonus unit. as great as Sharena is, i feel like she's a bit lackluster on a defense team, because she lags behind due to the AI's super-intelligent-rallying-for-no-reason-strat and is easy to pick off later. at least in my experience of going against her. though Lucina has a rally too, may not be as bad since she's ranged..

Hmm. I gave my Sharena Draw Back instead of Rally Attack, but I wonder if taking off Lucina's Rally might also be helpful. I've found Draw Back very threatening on enemies like Nino on the arena, although that tends to rely on them holding back an enemy with a smaller attack range so a player is forced to enter both of their attack ranges at once. With a ranged team, that doesn't work.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Hmm. I gave my Sharena Draw Back instead of Rally Attack, but I wonder if taking off Lucina's Rally might also be helpful. I've found Draw Back very threatening on enemies like Nino on the arena, although that tends to rely on them holding back an enemy with a smaller attack range so a player is forced to enter both of their attack ranges at once. With a ranged team, that doesn't work.

I found the opposite effect with Draw Back and Reposition. It kept enemies from advancing. Which means the team will split. Two units will advance and get slaughtered while the other two are continuously repositioning themselves to stay out of my range. Once that is done, I just move my units back and the two remaining will separate and get killed too.

Just now, Kiran said:

I found the opposite effect with Draw Back and Reposition. It kept enemies from advancing. Which means the team will split. Two units will advance and get slaughtered while the other two are continuously repositioning themselves to stay out of my range. Once that is done, I just move my units back and the two remaining will separate and get killed too.

good point there...the AI is pretty dumb with rallies, but even more dumb with some of the movement skills. just a few arena fights ago there was a Roy with shove that positioned his own teammates perfectly so that i could pick them off with zero repercussions. i can't see much possibility of Sharena drag back working out well either since it wouldn't be the same threat that happens when a Nino drags back, except maybe preventing one of your units from running about and getting themselves killed in a bad matchup.

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

This is why I run Lilina. She OHKOs both Nino and S!Camilla. I've never really seen them as a threat to my team because of this.

I seriously love Lilina! The most dangerous greens are nothing against her mighty BOOM.

To keep on-topic, score of 4,750 is now rank 5,811.
No defence wins yet with a team of 5⋆ Sharena, 4⋆ Nowi, 5⋆ Ninian, and 5⋆ Lilina.

Edited by Vaximillian

got the highest score i could with a deathless run. i should probably stop bringing Olivia to tank my BST but i can't survive without her since everyone on my team can't kill pretty much anything in one round.

Score: 4,682

s. Lucina has only one higher rating than my 4* star Michalis, but does the fact that she's 5* also get me more points per battle? might attempt a run with her if so.

10 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

got the highest score i could with a deathless run. i should probably stop bringing Olivia to tank my BST but i can't survive without her since everyone on my team can't kill pretty much anything in one round.

Score: 4,682

s. Lucina has only one higher rating than my 4* star Michalis, but does the fact that she's 5* also get me more points per battle? might attempt a run with her if so.

Yeah, star level and merges count for a lot of score now. However, Michalis is a bonus unit, so if you don't have another bonus unit on your team, you have to keep him this season. (Bonus units double the whole team's score, but multiple boni don't stack.)

Edit: I'm an idiot, you meant S!Lucina. Yeah, run her instead.

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, star level and merges count for a lot of score now. However, Michalis is a bonus unit, so if you don't have another bonus unit on your team, you have to keep him this season. (Bonus units double the whole team's score, but multiple boni don't stack.)

aah okay. i have S. Lucina for the bonus so that's cool. what's not cool is immediately running into a full Blade tome team (S Lucina, Nino, Tharja and an Azura smiling from the back) the moment i switched her in. don't think i could've avoided being beaten to a pulp even if i hadn't made a misplay. think i'm gonna just, maybe, not...

Finally got a defense win! I was getting worried that I wouldn't. I'm now set for the week. 

Hopefully I can pull a focus unit from the SoV banner. 4* Michealis is probably tanking my score this week. 

Edit: Improved my offense score by 6. Jumped up more than 1k in rankings! Now ranked 5084 with a score of 4754. Maybe if I'm picky with my battles, I'll make top 5k.

Edited by Kiran

Been leveling Nino while doing the Sacred Seal missions. Yesterday she was level 26/27, and now she's 35 which raised my Arena score a bit. Got another 7 win streak, but it wasn't deathless, so I decided to give it another shot and managed to succeed. I've still got like...60+ dueling swords to throw away. XD My previous score of 4664 had my rank at 13,176 yesterday and in about 24 hours it dropped to 17,029. Now my score is 4,740 which raises my rank to 8,742. I doubt that's good enough to keep me in the top 10,000 for this week, but man does that feel good. 

On 4/13/2017 at 1:46 PM, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Managed a deathless run my first time through, which is a first, for a score of 4,740 and rank 5,010. My team was Spring Camilla, Hinoka, Hector, and Lyn (+1), which minor skill inheritance on all four.

Quoting for comparison... my latest run after switching Hector for Tiki +1 and equipping seals gave me 4,768 and rank 1,403.

That's... a much bigger jump than I expected, especially considering I was below 8,000 before the update. Is that normal, or are scores a lot tighter since the update?

I wonder if I could manage to break into the top 1k with a few crests and being selective about matches. I've seen the values vary by almost 20 points.

It seems using a team full of 5* stars which all have all skill slots up to 3 as well as support and special skills should be enough to break the top 1000 in a deathless run. Currently using Michalis, Linde, Roy and Jaffar which got me a score of 4,792 thus the rank of 1,188. None are merges so it's definitely possible to score high with some SI and a balanced team to defeat merges....

Got a streak ruined by an anti-green tome team....Half the team had green tome breaker.Screwed me over when AI decided to change Liliana's movement from chasing Nino to Ryoma. She one shotted him....Also, why are there so many Kagero? She's a pain to deal with, especially one with LD3 on the bridge map. 

But on the bright side I managed to finally increase my score by choosing battles only 680 or higher. Ended up with a score of 4764, ranked 3900. 

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Two words: fucking Tharja.

Slightly more words: fucking Tharja ruining yet another streak.

My streak got massively injured by a random Wings of Mercy Lucina.  Guess I need to start checking every unit to see if they randomly have it now.

After like twelve crests and various shit thrown at my general direction I finally managed to increase my score by whole eighteen points:

3JGYlfx.png

Let's wait for some fifteen minutes and see where this new score places me. The previous score of 4,750 was worth rank 7,243.
Just look at what I had to deal with:

twcDt0d.png

Needless to say, I'm a scrub and Ephraim's harem made quick work of my girls (and Mike!) and me very, very angry.

Still no defence wins :(

EDIT: score of 4,768 is rank 3,459! Can I stay in top 5k? Ehhhh, I doubt it.

Edited by Vaximillian

Wow, I got a new Streak of Seven worth Offense 4794, which gives me Rank 1322.

Is it confirmed that they only show 10 Defense Wins on the screen?  Because some of the ones I saw earlier are missing, I think.

I kept dying to Wings of Mercy teams so decided to give myself one. But not enough sp so had to settle with WoM 2 on Hector and 1 on Eirika.

Worked like a charm except it reduced  ranking by 10 pts per match damnit.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Is it confirmed that they only show 10 Defense Wins on the screen?  Because some of the ones I saw earlier are missing, I think.

Yes. Before the update, I routinely acquired 3-10+ defense wins per day, which makes it easy to realize that the old wins are no longer visible.