This game is really boring and severerly lacks content

Yttenman

I decided to try this game out because I have enjoyed previous Fire Emblem games and because it got positive reviews in the app store and was very disappointed. 

First of all, the game IS fun the first few days. You get to play new maps, try new tactics, face some new challenges and get to summon new heroes. I now realize that the main reason this game got positive reviews probably is that they ask you to review the game the first time after you did summoning, ie the first day or two. I definitely doubt this game would get positive reviews if they asked you to review it after a week or two. And why is that? Well first of all its very easy compared to other Fire Emblem games which were challening. Here you finish all stages in like..5 days? Maybe except some lunatic stages but thats because they put such high stamina reqs so you can only do a few of them every day. Secondly you hardly get to summon new heroes at all due to severe lack of orbs once you cleared scenario stages. So youre stuck with the ones you have (mostly 3stars) = boring. Then whats left to do? Arena..Where you have to face the same overpowered heroes pretty much everywhere due to people rerolling til they get the overpowered heroes. 

So I think this game is really bad, sure they made a lot of money from the start but I definitely think this game will die out very soon. What should be done? Add much more content, fast before people quit. Add more ways to get new heroes. And nerf the overpowered heroes that people rerolled for and come up with a system where you dont benefit from rerolling because they give all rewards the first day or two (think summoners war or monster super leauge).I really dont understand why they would release a multiplayer game which people "finish" within a week and where you can just reroll til you get the heroes you want..(again think summoners war, not like you cleared all content within a week even when that game was new?) 

Edited by Yttenman

Arena is one major drawback. The current ranking system is really bad and is a total disgrace for the FE spirit. It's based off of ratings/levels. All characters have fixed ratings which means whoever has pulled the most = wins. Really emberassing system coming from a FE game. 

Since It's vs AI it should be more based off of turns/time. That way people can't just stall/bait forever and makes it more of a challenge. The people who spent alot would actually have to think and strategize for once. Not that it would effect them considering they all have 40+5~ pretty much but still...

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

Well, I must disagree. I have been playing since day one and I'm still having a lot of fun. True, story mode is beaten within the first few days, but I enjoy a lot training new heroes and trying new strategies. Also they add sidestories and new quests often enough to have me occupied. About the orbs and summoning, as a f2p I am, I habe been able to do a full summon at least once per week which is fine. 

It would be great a big update soon, true. But for now I find it funny as it is.

It's normal for a gacha game. You can have days where there's nothing new to do and all you can do is spend your stamina on training your units in the tower and daily arena fights, then suddenly a bunch of new quests and/or missions appear like today and then you've suddenly got more to do. For such a game not even a month old, this is good.

But my one complaint is the lack of ways in which to grind orbs, or somehow achieve more so we can do more than just one full summoning a week.

Just because the game asks you to rate it doesn't mean you're forced to. I don't think everyone was stupid enough to fall for that, and they're still playing it in spite of all you said.

For starters, and much like pretty much any FE game, if you're grinding the fuck out of it, of course you're going to run out of fun fast. Don't think I've heard of anyone "re-rolling" to get *5's fast, and I sure as hell am doing fine with my 2-3*s. This game is genuinely challenging if you're not absolutely abusing broken characters like that, and that's pretty much the reason why I refrained from using my *5 Camilla when I got her on my 2nd summon. 

I'm having fun, been playing since day one. I just like the battle system, and levelling different teams, and I basically do my 3 x Arena battles each day and then ignore that mode so the whole "it's broken" thing doesn't really bother me. Plus I can play one-handed whilst feeding my newborn.

Plus they have already added some content and I am sure they will add more. Every game does, every game evolves, can't see this being any different.

I have played an awful lot of really bad games over the years, this does not rank amongst them. Each to their own though.

Edited by Herman Bloom

Yeah, this game is worse than every other FE game out there lol.  It's not because the game has a lack of content though, it's because a simplified version of FE will never be as good as the real thing.  You can play much more complicated RPG's like Final Fantasy Tactics on iOS; Nintendo has no excuse for making such a barebones experience.

Edited by Refa

12 minutes ago, Refa said:

Yeah, this game is worse than every other FE game out there lol.  It's not because the game has a lack of content though, it's because a simplified version of FE will never be as good as the real thing.  You can play much more complicated RPG's like Final Fantasy Tactics on iOS; Nintendo has no excuse for making such a barebones experience.

This game has far better combat than every pre-Fates FE. It's simplified in many ways, but it preserves and expands on the aspects that really matter.

It's much more fun when you play for the characters instead of purely competitive arena. I enjoy this game as I can use all my favourite characters in one game (the real problem is getting all of them). It's also more satisfying when you complete a perfect arena run with your faves rather than 4 SS tier units.

This game is also much more generous than other gachas, and it's less than a month old. There will be much more content down the road.

Yeah, I'm loving this game. I got it first day and I've been pushing off finishing the story by training all of the characters I get, doing both hard and Lunatic mode, and the Arena, plus they have daily special quests for new characters, and sometimes orb quests. So far I haven't felt bored once. If I run out of juice, I just close it and wait, or I normally just play once or twice a day.

But, I get the OPs point, so far they've released some cool new stuff, so hopefully they keep that up.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Yeah it does. It's called a fucking free celphone game, and it delivers even more than that. For such a "compromised" version, it does it's job excellently. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

This game has far better combat than every pre-Fates FE. It's simplified in many ways, but it preserves and expands on the aspects that really matter.

What are you talking about, Nohr HM (and above) is fucking amazingly well-designed.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

It's much more fun when you play for the characters instead of purely competitive arena. I enjoy this game as I can use all my favourite characters in one game (the real problem is getting all of them). It's also more satisfying when you complete a perfect arena run with your faves rather than 4 SS tier units.

This. If you're heavily depending on overpowered units to get through, you're doing it wrong.

23 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

What are you talking about, Nohr HM (and above) is fucking amazingly well-designed.

I said pre-Fates. I'm not comparing Heroes to Fates; I'm comparing Heroes to every FE game before Fates.

Fates seems to be the point where IS really figured out how to make FE combat work on a level they'd never understood before. There's progress towards it in Awakening, but Fates and Heroes is where it all really clicked with stuff like the skill systems and the modified pair combat, and I'm optimistic that they'll keep applying those lessons to future FE games.

this game lack content even for a mobile game standard...Now i just enter to receive my daily orbs and that´s it...I don´t even do my 3day arena because there is no point if you on the first 7 was good enough.

This game need a guild system, a boss system...Community challenge...A system to spend useless sp, marriage?!Skill tree?!Support?!...Anything...

Edited by Eilanzer

The few issues I have with the game:

The game is lacking ways to allow the player to grind for orbs aside from story mode and quests and allow the player to earn more feathers outside of quests and the daily pittance you get if you have 5+ friends on your friends list. Those daily 2 app-release orbs aren't going to keep coming forever. Some quests are near impossible to complete unless the player spends a good amount of money and/or gets extremely lucky (ie. the Family Bonds quests that require Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph, and Julia, who are all 5-star-only summons). The game pretty much encourages the player to summon and train several different units, especially because of certain maps that very much requires specific units such as Narcian's hard map and the lv. 40 Lunatic story maps.

The friends list is currently near useless as you only really need to register 5 to get the benefit (10 daily feathers from greetings).

The units could use some re-balancing but it's not like the FE games have been truly balanced before -- some units are inherently better than others. Of course, Hector did get nerfed pretty early on (by no longer being able to warp to allies) so it's possible for units to receive buffs and nerfs via updates.

Edited by Roflolxp54

10 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The units could use some re-balancing but it's not like the FE games have been truly balanced before -- some units are inherently better than others. Of course, Hector did get nerfed pretty early on (by no longer being able to warp to allies) so it's possible for units to receive buffs and nerfs via updates.

Was that a thing? I know it's possible to fight enemy Hectors with Wings of Mercy in single-player but I can't find any information on that having been available for playable Hectors.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Was that a thing? I know it's possible to fight enemy Hectors with Wings of Mercy in single-player but I can't find any information on that having been available for playable Hectors.

Yes, Hector can originally warp to allies on release (which contributed to his high tier listing as his 1-movement was much less of an issue -- and he already has high Atk and Def for being an armor unit and can get Distant Counter). He later got nerfed but he's still considered the best axe unit and best green unit in the current game.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I agree. My main objection is with the lack of content. Orbs & feather mean nothing if you have nothing to play.

I see a lot of complains about the lack of orbs and feathers. OK, lets pretend that they give you 3000 orbs and 100k feathers. Would now the game be amazing? All you could do is evolve and get all the characters yeah, pretty amazing, funny, unbelievable... Wait, till you realise that the only thing you can do with your 500 5* heroes is farm the training tower over an over again for the sake of it. Oh, and do 3 arena battles per day. To get rewards that you don't even need cause there´s no endgame content that requires it.

See the issue now? Having 5 heroes of 500 means nothing if you have no challenging content. That is unless you find enjoyable to level up characters endlessly in the training tower and then leave them to die of boredom in your rooster. Which I don't.

Edited by Soren
mistake

The game's "content" is to pull new heroes and to train them up/build teams with them. Gacha games are centered around ... the gachas. They'll continue to release new banners/characters, and they expect you to continue pulling them and grinding them to lvl 40.

7 hours ago, Herman Bloom said:

I'm having fun, been playing since day one. I just like the battle system, and levelling different teams, and I basically do my 3 x Arena battles each day and then ignore that mode so the whole "it's broken" thing doesn't really bother me. Plus I can play one-handed whilst feeding my newborn.

Plus they have already added some content and I am sure they will add more. Every game does, every game evolves, can't see this being any different.

I have played an awful lot of really bad games over the years, this does not rank amongst them. Each to their own though.

Congratulations!  Good luck with the little one!

4 hours ago, Eilanzer said:

this game lack content even for a mobile game standard...Now i just enter to receive my daily orbs and that´s it...I don´t even do my 3day arena because there is no point if you on the first 7 was good enough.

This game need a guild system, a boss system...Community challenge...A system to spend useless sp, marriage?!Skill tree?!Support?!...Anything...

This game is also a little over two weeks old.  I'm having a blast with the customizable team compositions, as well as the in-game lines.

---

This game, like any gacha game, is as fun as you want it to be.  Since my goal is to level every last unit I've pulled, I'll be busy for a while.

7 minutes ago, Fly_or_Die said:

The game's "content" is to pull new heroes and to train them up/build teams with them. Gacha games are centered around ... the gachas. They'll continue to release new banners/characters, and they expect you to continue pulling them and grinding them to lvl 40.

... And to lure you into doing so they put endgame challenging content that forces you to keep summoning and training your units. Without that is plainly stupid to train and summon heroes that you don't need. Is as simple as that. No content = No need to train and summon = No money. Of course they are getting money from the people that throw money into the mobile screen without thinking if it's worthy. But even these people have a limit. Eventually they will realise "Hey, wait a sec, why am I wasting money on units I don't need, to do NOTHING with them?" Just give them time...

6 minutes ago, Soren said:

... And to lure you into doing so they put endgame challenging content that forces you to keep summoning and training your units. Without that is plainly stupid to train and summon heroes that you don't need. Is as simple as that. No content = No need to train and summon = No money. Of course they are getting money from the people that throw money into the mobile screen without thinking if it's worthy. But even these people have a limit. Eventually they will realise "Hey, wait a sec, why am I wasting money on units I don't need, to do NOTHING with them?" Just give them time...

I find it fun, so it's not "stupid" to me.  It's exactly what the game is designed for - stress relief.

IMHO the biggest problem with the game is that the best words to define it is "embarassingly unbalanced". To prove it have some examples:

1) Too many badges, too many crystals (Idk about you people but I only use them on a whim, never felt them necessary to level a char), not enough orbs/stamina/feathers

2) The fact that heroes are classified in tiers is NOT acceptable if the highest or two highest are really far apart from the rest which results in

3) Arena matches that just can't be won unless your whole team is built properly. And by properly I mean either "only top tier units" or "with excellent synergies between heroes", and both of these scenarios require a precise set of heroes that the player needs. Have any of you seen a Sophia in ranked matches? I sure didn't, and you can probably realize the reason yourself.

4) Also, EVEN if your team satisfies the requirements, the game still screws with you by not allowing you to choose unit placements. That's relevant only on maps that split your team in half for the most part but one would be inclined to assume that the developers would realize that such a thing could happen very easily

(don't know if I've written everything right, I'm no native English)

39 minutes ago, Soren said:

I've been playing for free and been able to do all the endgame battles just fine with the characters available. Maybe you just need to get better at the game if you want to beat all that stuff for free?