This game is really boring and severerly lacks content

Yttenman

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've been playing for free and been able to do all the endgame battles just fine with the characters available. Maybe you just need to get better at the game if you want to beat all that stuff for free?

I haven´t spent a single coin in the game and still have done all the content. That's why I'm complaining about the lack of content. Why would I complain about that if I hadn´t finished it? Duh? xD

I wait before spending money on a mobile game to see if the game has the content to keep me entertained for a time. Currently, IMO it is not worthy to invest money in the game. Cause there is nothing challenging you can do. Apparently some people think is fun to train your characters and then totally not use them for anything relevant. Well, to each his own. I guess training heroes for no purpose whatsoever has no sense to me. But hey, who am I to judge. Though i don't think the average player will find that satisfying.

Edited by Soren
mistake

21 minutes ago, Soren said:

I haven´t spent a single coin in the game and still have done all the content. That's why I'm complaining about the lack of content. Why would I complain about that if I hadn´t finished it? Duh? xD

I wait before spending money on a mobile game to see if the game has the content to keep me entertained for a time. Currently, IMO it is not worthy to invest money in the game. Cause there is nothing challenging you can do. Apparently some people think is fun to train your characters and then totally not use them for anything relevant. Well, to each his own. I guess training heroes for no purpose whatsoever has no sense to me. But hey, who am I to judge. Though i don't think the average player will find that satisfying.

Ah, apologies for not paying enough attention. That's fair, then.

I like to think of training characters and getting to try out all the cool stuff they can do as its own goal, but not everyone feels that way. Plus, a lot of the characters I arbitrarily trained up have been turning out to be relevant for all these new missions.

37 minutes ago, Soren said:

Well for one thing, there doesn't really need to be a reason to want to play a game other than for it being fun to play. Training is simply gameplay (I wouldn't call it grinding as it's not necessarily repetitive), and if the gameplay itself is enjoyable, then what's the problem?

I'm training up characters because doing so is fun. I like experimenting with different teams and testing my ability to use them properly and cleverly against enemy teams that are always changing. The upper Lunatic levels of the training tower get pretty tough, and it's a challenge aiming not to lose a single character. I look forward to getting new characters and seeing how they play and what crafty things I can pull off with certain combinations, and I get rewarded as I play with skills that give me more options and resources for character upgrades.

I'm enjoying the journey without thinking too hard about the destination, but I can understand if that's not really your cup of tea.

6 hours ago, Delfino said:

Well for one thing, there doesn't really need to be a reason to want to play a game other than for it being fun to play. Training is simply gameplay (I wouldn't call it grinding as it's not necessarily repetitive), and if the gameplay itself is enjoyable, then what's the problem?

I'm training up characters because doing so is fun. I like experimenting with different teams and testing my ability to use them properly and cleverly against enemy teams that are always changing. The upper Lunatic levels of the training tower get pretty tough, and it's a challenge aiming not to lose a single character. I look forward to getting new characters and seeing how they play and what crafty things I can pull off with certain combinations, and I get rewarded as I play with skills that give me more options and resources for character upgrades.

I'm enjoying the journey without thinking too hard about the destination, but I can understand if that's not really your cup of tea.

I agree with this. Even though I'm doing it to level up my people, the brainstorming you have to do to win is quite fun and interesting to say the least. There are so many stories you can tell about the clutch wins you pull in this game especially in arena where my Lyn was the only character alive and lived with one health. I compare Heroes to Chess with more numbers, personality, and way more fun. Which is why ya just play for the fudge of it :XD:

Some people always get upset when a mobile version of a popular game series comes out.  I think its best not to judge mobile apps too harshly.

What really frustrates me is when this game is compared to Final Fantasy Tactics.  Yes, Final Fantasy Tactics is more advanced (and perhaps more fun) but it was a full game that was converted to the mobile platform.  

Fire Emblem Heroes was never meant to be in the same category - its a mobile spinoff (not version, spinoff!) of the Fire Emblem franchise.  Its not meant to have the same gameplay as the main series.  Its more about playing around with your favorite heroes from all the different games than it is a 'new fire emblem game'.  

In fact, I don't think the games purpose is to have 'fun'.  Its more about grinding for new characters and the reward is in the gambling system, and competitive arena (which needs to be updated - its really bad), and trying to make a good team.  I don't know if I have 'fun' doing these things, but I enjoy it (does that make sense?).

Edited by Lushen

27 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Some people always get upset when a mobile version of a popular game series comes out.  I think its best not to judge mobile apps too harshly.

Especially if you compare it to an actual Fire Emblem game (which honestly we shouldn't be doing that, it's like comparing Super Mario Run to an actual Mario game).

It's supposed to be a light-harded mobile ver of a FE game, with mostly gacha mechanics implemented, where you only get good scores in the Arena with a decent team. The Arena is basically designed so that people who spent a fair bit of money can get the most feathers, which makes it very difficult to obtain them.
There isn't much nowadays after you've beaten the story, other than complete Quests and Train all day (which gets old quick, but the stamina meter stops you I suppose).

The game is a bit meh overall, but I still enjoy playing it honestly... and that's fine by me.

38 minutes ago, TheVinceKnight said:

Especially if you compare it to an actual Fire Emblem game (which honestly we shouldn't be doing that, it's like comparing Super Mario Run to an actual Mario game).

It's supposed to be a light-harded mobile ver of a FE game, with mostly gacha mechanics implemented, where you only get good scores in the Arena with a decent team. The Arena is basically designed so that people who spent a fair bit of money can get the most feathers, which makes it very difficult to obtain them.
There isn't much nowadays after you've beaten the story, other than complete Quests and Train all day (which gets old quick, but the stamina meter stops you I suppose).

The game is a bit meh overall, but I still enjoy playing it honestly... and that's fine by me.

Huh, that reminds me!

I have a very active imagination, so I try to visualize what's actually on the battlefield.  Most of it is pretty boring, but here's some of the better ones:

- Little Nino trying to drag the likes of Effie around
- Odin's attack buff comes not from any sort of hidden power, but because he shouts more when wounded, so enemies are more likely to have their hands over their ears
- I wonder if Jeorge had any words for Gordin as the latter shot the former for the map win?
- Hector doesn't actually counter magic at range, he swats it back at the opponent!
- Eliwood's Defense is low because Durandal sucks at blocking things
- Sully would totally kick Stahl's butt in this universe
- In my headcanon, Maria shouts "No protesting!" when she smacks someone with Panic

The crossover-imagination part gives me hours of amusement!  So even if there isn't much to do with the units in-game, I can still have my fun with them!

Edited by eclipse

I don't really agree with Soren's viewpoint either. You play the game any way you want really. I have levelled non-meta characters in plenty of games before, because I enjoyed using them. I never shoot for the top in mobile games, because I could never match the Whales spending power and the stress of trying to be at the top isn;t worth it for me. yet others strive on the stress, even if they are doomed to not hit the top spot. Would never call them out for playing the game the wrong way or anything, it's all personal choice.

Plus, with the special quests like needing to have certain teams (like Swords, Lances etc) then I think most characters will have a use at some point.