Let's hope this doesn't end up similar to Pokemon Go.

I realize it may be a bit extreme to worry about this so soon, but i feel it might be interesting to talk about.

Heroes has been a pretty sweet game for the first two weeks or so, but with no true PvP, and a campaign that isn't too meaty or engaging, i worry that this game may end up like Pokemon Go. No new content, and a lack of satisfying gameplay modes that can engage players in the long term, will lead to people getting tired (much like myself).

But that's just my opinion regarding this game, what about you all?

Edited by Allergic_to_Farming

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The main thing that can keep players (especially F2Pers) from playing the game for long term would be the lack of free orbs and feathers since the game really pushes for microtransactions.

Not only do they lack a means of getting them for free, they also do overprice them quite a bit. Perhaps if they increased the amount of orbs you get, but lowered the value of individual orbs, they could allow players to earn them more frequently, giving a sense of progress that motivates you to keep going.

6 minutes ago, unique said:

yeah I was enjoying it a fair amount until a few days back when I pretty much ran out of things to do

i do really hope they add more stuff to do soon because it's gotten pretty dull

They still do have that hidden icon in the lower right... But we'll have to see if it's good enough to keep people interested. 

Unlike Pokemon Go (I think) there's a place in Heroes where we can voice our opinions and they've shown signs of listening to the consumer so I'm sure that, possibly sometime in March, they'll add more ways to get orbs and feathers.

Just now, Allergic_to_Farming said:

Not only that, they also do overprice them quite a bit. Perhaps if they increased the amount of orbs you get, but lowered the value of individual orbs, they could allow players to earn them more frequently, giving a sense of progress that motivates you to keep going.

Yeah, having players basically gamble over 2 USD per draw from the gacha (doesn't matter if it's a batch summon or a hunt summon since it's still over 2 USD per unit) isn't exactly hot when something like a trading card booster pack offers a better deal (and is often tangible, too!).

I gave up on Heroes way quicker than Pokemon Go.

Once you get to the point where progress grinds to a halt without a 5 star unit, and you summon 50+ heroes without getting a single 5 star? Yeah, I'm done with this shit. At least Pokemon Go was something I could do while going on bike rides or walking around.

I still play both Pokemon Go and this game.

My goal is to level up everyone.  Each unit has something that it's good at, and the more units I level, the more options I have.  Options are good.  Those "trash" 3* units?  Some of them are on the 4* team.

42 minutes ago, Allergic_to_Farming said:

I realize it may be a bit extreme to worry about this so soon, but i feel it might be interesting to talk about.

Heroes has been a pretty sweet game for the first two weeks or so, but with no true PvP, and a campaign that isn't too meaty or engaging, i worry that this game may end up like Pokemon Go. No new content, and a lack of satisfying gameplay modes that can engage players in the long term, will lead to people getting tired (much like myself).

But that's just my opinion regarding this game, what about you all?

You're wrong. Pokemon GO just got new content the other week. Gen 2 Pokemon were all added, and I don't mean just the baby Pokemon either, ALL of gen 2 is available now (well, except the legendaries, I reckon), and some new berries and customization options were added as well.

And they keep saying that trading and battling outside of gyms is on the way.

As for Heroes, we don't know what the ??? mode is, and it could very well be player vs player. It's definitely too soon to worry.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're wrong. Pokemon GO just got new content the other week. Gen 2 Pokemon were all added, and I don't mean just the baby Pokemon either, ALL of gen 2 is available now (well, except the legendaries, I reckon), and some new berries and customization options were added as well.

As for Heroes, we don't know what the ??? mode is, and it could very well be player vs player. It's definitely too soon to worry.

I hope we don't have to wait half a year before a new game's cast gets added.  I expect Gaiden will get added around Echoes' release, so I don't think so, but I don't want to wait a couple years for Tellius characters.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I hope we don't have to wait half a year before a new game's cast gets added.  I expect Gaiden will get added around Echoes' release, so I don't think so, but I don't want to wait a couple years for Tellius characters.

I don't think that will be the case. Niantic is apparently a small company, surely much smaller than IS. IS has more manpower to get new casts of characters done sooner.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think that will be the case. Niantic is apparently a small company, surely much smaller than IS. IS has more manpower to get new casts of characters done sooner.

I'm surprised Nintendo didn't funnel more resources into Go, after its huge initial success.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm surprised Nintendo didn't funnel more resources into Go, after its huge initial success.

I'm not sure they really could, honestly. Niantic isn't a company that's owned by them or anything.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not sure they really could, honestly. Niantic isn't a company that's owned by them or anything.

They could have bought them out, if they wanted.  They bought Gamefreak itself, so they could control Pokemon.  If Niantic isn't a big company itself, it wouldn't cost them too much.

Just now, Rezzy said:

They could have bought them out, if they wanted.  They bought Gamefreak itself, so they could control Pokemon.  If Niantic isn't a big company itself, it wouldn't cost them too much.

But maybe Niantic doesn't want to be bought. I don't know, really.

47 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I still play both Pokemon Go and this game.

My goal is to level up everyone.  Each unit has something that it's good at, and the more units I level, the more options I have.  Options are good.  Those "trash" 3* units?  Some of them are on the 4* team.

I don't have Pokemon Go (never played it), but I have the same aim with Heroes. 

Lissa and the Heroes Trio I've practically raised from the ground up from her hero battle. Now she's 4* level 28 and killing. Felicia and Olivia are 3*, though I haven't promo'd them to 4* since I'm still debating on whom to unlock potential with (long list).

If the fun dries up, we can always plan a forum-wide trip to Osaka. :P

They will add more chapters to the story too, I think, since there are stuffs with no answer, so there is still more to come, and they are going to add the inheritance skills, that could keep players working on their teams for more time now.

Also, you can send an email to the developers and tell them of what your think about the game! At first I thought you will receive a common answer, but I still send an email asking them for something, and I received a good answer, the person who reply did really read what I wrote, so, they are probably taking in account all the feedback they got

Heroes has already gotten better support than Pokemon Go. Go takes forever to get new content, Heroes has been getting new content pretty often. They've also already started to address some of the problems people have, though the feather issue is still a pretty bad bottleneck for people who aren't paying much/any.

I think people need to calm down a bit. We already know we’re getting story updates at least bi-weekly, be it either story quests or Paralogues.

I mean, I bet many people have been grinding this game constantly since its release, which really isn’t the point. This is a slow burning game. You’re not going to get everything immediately. For a game that hasn’t even been out a full month, they’ve been fairly consistent with adding content.

They already said that they got more ways to play coming in the future. Add that with more characters coming to the roster and there will be stuff to do.

This is a game best played in small bursts, not grinding all day like you would a mainstream game.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm with ya on the mystery option, that probably is PvP.

Yeah, Pokemon Go got gen 2 and all that stuff... But what does it really change that affects the gameplay? The gameplay is still the same loop of "Catch, train, go into a gym and repeatedly tap the screen until you win", if i understand correctly. And even assuming they added all that other stuff tomorrow (for example), most people will have moved on, or won't want to compete with all the dedicated trainers that got their Pokemon to extremely high CP.

1 minute ago, Allergic_to_Farming said:

I'm with ya on the mystery option, that probably is PvP.

Yeah, Pokemon Go got gen 2 and all that stuff... But what does it really change that affects the gameplay? The gameplay is still the same loop of "Catch, level up, go into a gym and repeatedly tap the screen until you win", if i understand correctly. And even assuming they added all that other stuff tomorrow (for example), most people will have moved on, or won't want to compete with all the dedicated trainers that got their Pokemon to extremely high levels. 

I don't see a need to change the gameplay or anything. Just add trading and battles outside of gyms and I think the game will be lots more fun.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't see a need to change the gameplay or anything. Just add trading and battles outside of gyms and I think the game will be lots more fun.

Well, i can understand if you like it, but most people i've heard talk about Go complain about that gameplay. Adding trading and battles outside of gyms won't do much if actually fighting and training those Pokemon isn't fun. Some people will go back for a week or two to check it out, and then remember why they stopped playing to begin with.

Either way, my point is, i don't want Heroes to take too long in introducing some new gameplay mode that justifies all the farming, and end up losing a huge chunk of it's player base to stagnation.

4 minutes ago, Allergic_to_Farming said:

Well, i can understand if you like it, but most people i've heard talk about Go complain about that gameplay. Adding trading and battles outside of gyms won't do much if actually fighting and training those Pokemon isn't fun. Some people will go back for a week or two to check it out, and then remember why they stopped playing to begin with.

Either way, my point is, i don't want Heroes to take too long in introducing some new gameplay mode that justifies all the farming, and end up losing a huge chunk of it's player base to stagnation.

So they basically complain about the whole point of the game? As in, they complain about having to go outside, walk around, and catch Pokemon? That's the stupidest complaint I've ever heard. I don't mind it and other players don't mind it either. The game's idea is to go out in the real world and find these creatures, and if you don't like it, the game isn't for you, that's all.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So they basically complain about the whole point of the game? As in, they complain about having to go outside, walk around, and catch Pokemon? That's the stupidest complaint I've ever heard. I don't mind it and other players don't mind it either. The game's idea is to go out in the real world and find these creatures, and if you don't like it, the game isn't for you, that's all.

No, they complain about there not being much point to catching the Pokemon outside of just having them.The combat is just tapping the screen repeatedly, and occasionally using special moves, which gets old. Catching isn't all that fun when you have to go through a hundred Pidgeys and Zubats to find an Eevee, and the actual catching process is pretty repetitive too. If that's the fun in the game, sure, it's not for everyone. But then, who is it for? Not a lot of people will want to play a candy farming and pokemon catching sim with ocassional bare bones combat. And just collecting them loses it's appeal quickly for most.

If that's the point of the game, and some like it, i respect that. It just leaves it feeling a little bare bones for most.

If you want to continue talking about this, let's do it through PM. Pretty sure it's against the rules to go off topic like this in a topic.

3 hours ago, Allergic_to_Farming said:

No, they complain about there not being much point to catching the Pokemon outside of just having them.The combat is just tapping the screen repeatedly, and occasionally using special moves, which gets old. Catching isn't all that fun when you have to go through a hundred Pidgeys and Zubats to find an Eevee, and the actual catching process is pretty repetitive too. If that's the fun in the game, sure, it's not for everyone. But then, who is it for? Not a lot of people will want to play a candy farming and pokemon catching sim with ocassional bare bones combat. And just collecting them loses it's appeal quickly for most.

If that's the point of the game, and some like it, i respect that. It just leaves it feeling a little bare bones for most.

If you want to continue talking about this, let's do it through PM. Pretty sure it's against the rules to go off topic like this in a topic.

See, this is part of the topic.

I think you have a point, that both Heroes and Pokemon make you do the same thing.  However, that's EVERY game.  I use Pokemon as something to do while out and about.  Heroes is usually done at home.  I don't really care about battling my Pokemon, so the external battle modes mean nothing to me.  Likewise, I can live without the arena, so that's just an extra to me, as well.

It's all about perspective - find what works, and run with it.