Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

I think people are confusing billion with million. Remember folks billion has 9 zeros while million are 6 zeroes. Currently our overall score is 22,479,194,520 that is 220 million which means we are 78 million short to the first overal score of 1 billion to get 3 free orbs.

Edited by FoliFF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FoliFF said:

Currently our overall score is 22,479,194,520 that is 22 million which means we are 78 million short to the first overal score of 1 billion to get 3 free orbs.

…what.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, FoliFF said:

I think people are confusing billion with million. Remember folks billion has 9 zeros while million are 6 zeroes. Currently our overall score is 22,479,194,520 that is 22 million which means we are 78 million short to the first overal score of 1 billion to get 3 free orbs.

Um actually we're at a few billion right now. 22 million is actually 22 billion right now.

1 minute ago, escotanner said:

Um actually we're at a few billion right now. 22 million is actually 22 billion right now.

wait really? FML I fail math so hard right now orz

Edited by FoliFF

2 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

I fail math it's actually 978000000 short.

What.

22,479,194,520 is 22 billion and almost half a billion more. We've fulfilled the most recent goal of 10 billion for 20 orbs twice.

Hell, you yourself correctly stated that a billion has nine zeroes and a million has six.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What.

22,479,194,520 is 22 billion and almost half a billion more. We've fulfilled the most recent goal of 10 billion for 20 orbs twice.

I fail math since I can't count the zeros good enough and mistake them with my own language that uses different words for these big numbers :(

This what happen when you have sleep deprivation, you just embarrass yourself so hard.

Edited by FoliFF

28 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Every time Ephraim starts to pull further ahead, Chrom comes bounding back at his heels at the next update. The difference is now 1.36 million.

Seems to be the other way around tbh. Every time Chrom closes the gap to 1 million or less, Ephraim increases it by 2-3 million in return. Apparently we have an emergency flag stockpile?

Also, I suspect that western Chrom fans are staying up overnight just to play this, it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

1 hour ago, FoliFF said:

I think people are confusing billion with million. Remember folks billion has 9 zeros while million are 6 zeroes. Currently our overall score is 22,479,194,520 that is 220 million which means we are 78 million short to the first overal score of 1 billion to get 3 free orbs.

It's because in most languages there is another number between Million and Billion called Miljard. aka 1 with 9 0's is Miljard and a 1 with 12 0's is billion. But for the orbs we need the english billion which has 9 0's.

3 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

It's because in most languages there is another number between Million and Billion called Miljard. aka 1 with 9 0's is Miljard and a 1 with 12 0's is billion. But for the orbs we need the english billion which has 9 0's.

And in Russian (which is my mother tongue) there's no billion altogether. Well, technically there is, but it's treated as a synonym to milliard and never used.

11 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

What language has trillion as billion? I am very curious now.

8 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

What does Maria have to do with Tellius, though? Since you are mentioning monks/bishops you can't have meant Marcia, but Maria has nothing to do with Ike and Tellius, or am I just dumb and missing something?

I did mean Marcia, pardon. I meant that I liked Marcia on her own merits and Rhys due my fondness for his class in particular.

2 minutes ago, IMCasual said:

What language has trillion as billion? I am very curious now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_and_short_scales; this is all pretty off-topic though.

Returning to the topic: I've now switched to using Sharena in the gauntlet battles. Eirika, whom I used earlier today, wouldn't cui it against male Robins and such.

28 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Seems to be the other way around tbh. Every time Chrom closes the gap to 1 million or less, Ephraim increases it by 2-3 million in return. Apparently we have an emergency flag stockpile?

Also, I suspect that western Chrom fans are staying up overnight just to play this, it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

True to the Lord we're fighting for, we just keep pulling things out of reserve.

Edit: And my rank has dropped from top 50 yesterday to mid 300's today, which means we are indeed burning flags.

Edited by Cossack>Cavalier

57 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Even after the "Hacker Disaster" I still have some flags left. And it's not a little amount either so, yeah, we do have an emergency flag stockpile.

@Raven that would be pretty epic. It would definitely give a lot of baby whales comfort

Edited by Arcanite

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Even after the "Hacker Disaster" I still have some flags left. And it's not a little amount either so, yeah, we do have an emergency flag stockpile.

@Raven that would be pretty epic. It would definitely give a lot of baby whales comfort

Well, in that case, I hope you're ready to cover for me in an hour's time, because unlike some people, I need my sleep.

Good luck team Ephraim, hope we don't lose the lead again like yesterday.

Edit: wait, we just lost the lead again. Dammit, wish I could get more flags

Edited by Korath88

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Well, in that case, I hope you're ready to cover for me in an hour's time, because unlike some people, I need my sleep.

Good luck team Ephraim, hope we don't lose the lead again like yesterday.

I only have one class today, so between studying for midterms in the library, I'm hitting every 30 min battle. Best I can do.

Aaaaaand  Chrom is leading again, man, this is gonna give me a heart attack! I am so glad I got an Ephraim some hours ago, he is already lvl 40, so I am glad that I can give him more points, because I dont have any more flags lol

10 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

Aaaaaand  Chrom is leading again, man, this is gonna give me a heart attack! I am so glad I got an Ephraim some hours ago, he is already lvl 40, so I am glad that I can give him more points, because I dont have any more flags lol

Just noticed it too, now, to spend my flags again... This battle is endless!

@ThanyThat, I will! But, I hope Chrom is not going to pull another surge a few couple of hours before the end of the round, that would be most nasty,

Edited by Luxian

I can't help that I'm making Ephraim lose. The Gauntlet INSISTS that I don't be able to win anymore because for like the umpteenth damn time, it's giving me a lot of green units against a lot of red ones. This is seriously screwed up.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I can't help that I'm making Ephraim lose. The Gauntlet INSISTS that I don't be able to win anymore because for like the umpteenth damn time, it's giving me a lot of green units against a lot of red ones. This is seriously screwed up.

Just use someone blue instead. Your opponents are always at about the same level or less. One time I had a team of level 40s against a team of 39 33 and 36. Also your friends might be an issue too.