Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Oh! I thought that only other players counted!

But... Too bad I don't have a good green unit! My Hawkeye will be unnable to stand a fight, he is still lv 15, and for some reason one of my allies keep being a lv20 Lon'qu. Too risky to loss the fights

I'll keep supporting with the minimum, hoping for Ephraim to win

Enemy stats/levels are scaled to the level of your unit.

Go ahead and field your Lv15 Hawkeye, and prepare to fight three Lv 15-ish opponents, with your Lv40 friends. You'll be fine

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if they would even put Ninian in as a dragon considering how much of Blazing's plot that spoils right off the bat, but then I'm not entirely sure how much they really care about that.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm wondering if they would even put Ninian in as a dragon considering how much of Blazing's plot that spoils right off the bat, but then I'm not entirely sure how much they really care about that.

For a game that's that old? Shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure there are plenty of other spoilers floating about.

Just now, Cossack>Cavalier said:

For a game that's that old? Shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure there are plenty of other spoilers floating about.

That's fair, the fact that they even had Sanaki in a "sibling bonds" banner is evidence of how big of deal it isn't to them haha

34 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Fair point, but I don't think a pure dancer is a bad thing, per se. Especially if as a support skill she got some of the ring effects like Nini's Grace, etc.

I do agree a dancing dragon is a bit much, but I'd love to see a sprite for that.

It's not so much a matter of "bad" as just "that isn't how this game works". Like would she have a blank colorless icon?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It's not so much a matter of "bad" as just "that isn't how this game works". Like would she have a blank colorless icon?

I'd make her a colorless unit, since she doesn't have offensive abilities (hence no green, red, blue.)

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Just caught up, and that was some fight I missed. How does the lead keep changing? It doesn't really make much sense unless some players only dump flags when they're losing.

You answered your own question.  It's also ~6:30 PM on the east coast, which means people who support one or the other should've gotten off of work not too long ago.

2 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

I'd make her a colorless unit, since she doesn't have offensive abilities (hence no green, red, blue.)

Yeah, but all the colorless units have either a staff or bow or shuriken icon. It'd be weird to have a blank icon just for Ninian. It'd also mean that once skill inheritance hits, she'd be the only character locked out of an entire skill slot.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, but all the colorless units have either a staff or bow or shuriken icon. It'd be weird to have a blank icon just for Ninian. It'd also mean that once skill inheritance hits, she'd be the only character locked out of an entire skill slot.

Fair enough. If they don't change or expand the current framework in any way, she doesn't fit. Or any of the older dancers.

Much like the healers who wouldn't normally be doing damage, I think they'll make something up so Ninian will have some sort of offensive capability.

17 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Fair enough. If they don't change or expand the current framework in any way, she doesn't fit. Or any of the older dancers.

There are actually a few earlier dancers that used swords: Phina in FE3, Sylvia/Lene (and Laylea) in FE4, and Lara in FE5. So those could work, just not really the FE6-10 ones.

Now that I think about it, since Lara was also a thief, it'd make sense for her to use shurikens now, like other thieves. That'd be a cool spin on the dancer type.

I don't think it would be too farfetched for the Herons to use a magical attack. I mean, healers originally couldn't attack with staves and they do in Heroes (not counting the counterattacking in RD, that was a bit different).

I can see them giving Ninian/Nils an Ice spell or something

Since that's how Ninian kills two Fire Dragons and injures a third at the end of FE7

And I guess Herons can get magic or something.

The ones that I have no idea what they intend to do with are Larum, Elffin, and Tethys. No combat ability, period, and Elffin has a lot of eyesight trouble on top of that.  I really have no idea what they would do beyond randomly giving Larum and Tethys swords.

If you're on team Ephraim, just use all your flags.  We've already used enough to where we have no chance against Lucina (unless they used all theres for no reason), so this is the only fight that matters.

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

If you're on team Ephraim, just use all your flags.  We've already used enough to where we have no chance against Lucina (unless they used all theres for no reason), so this is the only fight that matters.

This exactly, I so much don't care about the finals anymore, since this is the real match here. Winning this matchis so much more thrilling. xD

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I suggest saving 200 flags for the last hour. Given how close the scores are, if Chrom does a final push in the last 2 matches, we might get overtaken right as the round ends, and the only way to prevent this is to hit back with equal or greater force in the last hour.

Yeah, I don't expect anyone to beat Lucina either. I would just like the satisfaction of showing that more than just 3DS/Archanea characters can make it high in this stuff. After this and the Heroes poll, IS will think twice about making crossovers 3DS and Archanea characters only! The poll winners weren't even 3DS characters! They were Ike and Lyn! GC/Wii and GBA characters!

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Enemy stats/levels are scaled to the level of your unit.

Go ahead and field your Lv15 Hawkeye, and prepare to fight three Lv 15-ish opponents, with your Lv40 friends. You'll be fine

Oh great! That helped a lot!

Lil Hawkeye send his small help, now I only need 2 battles more for the 100 flags, hope it serve Ephraim!! There are only 3 hours left