Ursula's Finally Coming Tomorrow!

dragonlordsd

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

How do you not remember her utterly obnoxious Bolting spell from within the fog of war (while trying to keep an under-leveled Nino and a kill-stealing Jaffar alive)?

Oh, I remember Battle Before Dawn fairly well. It was very annoying. I never even got the chests (because I hadn't been training a thief in the run I remember, stupid me), I just had trouble keeping Nino and Jaffar alive (mostly Jaffar, Nino I was good about keeping away from the bad men with the weapons). And I remember Bolting (though it somehow never went after Nino, just my other units. Lucky me), just not the unit using the Bolting (I never killed her, I don't think).

And back to Ursula... I wish she had more ATK. Death Blow + Threaten RES is a skill combo I like (and will be pilfering), but it begs for a stronger magic unit to abuse them properly. Like Julia, or Sanaki. Unless Death Blow stacks with -Blade spell buffs, in which case it's going to Nino instead.

6 hours ago, Lushen said:

Anyone else think her artwork makes her look way too nice?  There's supposed to be nothing good about her.

In her attacking artwork she's absolutely demented.

5 hours ago, Lushen said:

I just played through FE7 again actually.  Managed to get Nino up to level 20 before she got to Ursla.  She still couldn't kill her because she had like infinite resistance. 

I was hoping she would have Excalibur since that's what she had in the final chapter of FE7.  Magic that does extra damage to flying units would be cool

It's worth noting that that version of Excalibur was named "Gigascalibur" in the Japanese version: it wasn't supposed to be the same spell as the one Merric uses.

Eh, I don't mind.  I can't pull blue to save my life, so she's more than welcome.  I like Death Blow, and Threaten Res is okay.  Regardless, I'll have a level 40 Robin, who should have FUN with her~!

41 blue magic atk is alright. Her natural 5* 32 speed is super safe though, keeping her safe from basically every green threat sans speedboosted Ninos and Merrics and Minervas, which plagur everyone. 

There are better options 

Interesting setup, though I do agree her Atk seems low-ish, even with the effective +11 boost from skills at 5*. Gonna get and raise her anyway so that I have Arena bonus insurance (since pulling 5*s seems to be a nearly impossible feat for me). The 4* should hopefully keep my BST from tanking too hard compared to the 4* Olivia/Sully I've historically used in that slot.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

17 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ursula fits the femme fatale character trope.

Can't wait to have female Robin try and nuke her. And 4-star Ursula's going to be up for grabs? Dear god.

Her Tits Are Too Big. They Were Not That Large In FE7. The Artist Who Drew Her Is Taking Some Creative Liberties. Also, Her Eyes Are Too Big.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in any other thread yet, but I think it's worth mentioning that the hacked stats from the Reddit are not with a neutral nature. They were -Atk, +Def, by the looks of it (Ursula's Atk growth is +22, meaning a negative nature is -4).

My 5-star Ursula is now level 39, and the stats on the wiki appear to be accurate:

My 5-star Ursula is now level 40, and here are her stats:

• 35 HP
  • 39 Atk
  • 32 Spd
  • 19 Def
  • 30 Res

This looks a hell of a lot more usable, considering Death Blow brings her Atk up to 36/45/54 (with weapon triangle modifiers) and 54/67/80 against cavalry. With Threaten Res, that's an effective 41/50/59 and 59/72/85 against cavalry.

32 Spd is still a bit middling. You aren't getting double attacked by much, but you're only double attacking the slower opponents.

Edited by Ice Dragon

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, Vaximillian said:

In her attacking artwork she's absolutely demented.

My memory of FE7 is hazy, but I am pretty sure Ursula was a cold, clinical killer who followed the Fang law in the game. Seems that they decided to go in another direction of a cruel character who is delighted in killing, while playing up her perfectionist part.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:46 AM, The Lord Of Gems said:

Her Tits Are Too Big. They Were Not That Large In FE7. The Artist Who Drew Her Is Taking Some Creative Liberties. Also, Her Eyes Are Too Big.

They're actually not that big, she's just got a low neck-line.  I could probably off a similar look with the same outfit.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They're actually not that big, she's just got a low neck-line.  I could probably off a similar look with the same outfit.

IMO, she did get at least a push-up job between FE7 and FEH.

Here's her artwork from Blazing Blade (by Eiji Kaneda?):

3F4mD9p.png

Here's artwork from her Cipher card (by Senri Kita):

Og3Aiid.jpg

Her rendition by Kotobuki Tsukasa that we have in Heroes is sort of a logical conclusion after the preceding artwork:

7hyDgSq.png

So I mean they definitely grew from artist to artist.
Also, she changed her footwear for Heroes, but who cares about that.

14 hours ago, ExpendableExtra said:

My memory of FE7 is hazy, but I am pretty sure Ursula was a cold, clinical killer who followed the Fang law in the game. Seems that they decided to go in another direction of a cruel character who is delighted in killing, while playing up her perfectionist part.

Yeah they really overplayed the art in a generic "crazy sexy evil lady" kind of way. I guess she's cosplaying Sonya because she didn't take her death well? lol

The writing of her lines is actually decent: obsession with perfection is a bit too underlined, but otherwise quietly competent in an intense and slightly paranoid way... just the art direction doesn't fit her.

Just the usual fanservice intensification of the FE franchise recently :(

Edited by salinea

1 hour ago, salinea said:

Yeah they really overplayed the art in a generic "crazy sexy evil lady" lady kind of way. I guess she's cosplaying Sonya because she didn't take her death well? lol

The writing of her lines is actually decent: obsession with perfection is a bit too underlined, but otherwise quietly competent in an intense and slightly paranoid way... just the art direction doesn't fit her.

Just the usual fanservice intensification of the FE franchise recently :(

I guess that's just how it is going to be as I doubt they will go back and take the time to revise her art even if they wanted to, at least we have an explanation on why Eliwood looks bug eyed now lol.

I am just happy I finally got a blue mage after all this time. Kind of sad she didn't get Goad Cavalry, but then again I guess Threaten Res makes more sense thematically as she waits for the enemy to walk right into range and then strikes for maximum impact along with Death Blow. Now all she needs is Bolting to recreate that horror again.

13 minutes ago, ExpendableExtra said:

I am just happy I finally got a blue mage after all this time. Kind of sad she didn't get Goad Cavalry, but then again I guess Threaten Res makes more sense thematically as she waits for the enemy to walk right into range and then strikes for maximum impact along with Death Blow. Now all she needs is Bolting to recreate that horror again.

She gets the special attack Rising Thunder by default as a 4-star and can learn Growing Thunder as a 4-star in reference to her Bolting tome. They're AoE special attacks, which is huge on small 6x8 grid maps.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

She gets the special attack Rising Thunder by default as a 4-star and can learn Growing Thunder as a 4-star in reference to her Bolting tome. They're AoE special attacks, which is huge on small 6x8 grid maps.

I know, but by the time you charge it up the match is over anyways. Plus you need a closer enemy to proc the special to hit the further away target.

Whoo, Ursula and female Robin are putting in work for me! Those 2 plus Lyn and Olivia helped me clear story maps 9-2 and 9-3 on Lunatic, Lyn *still* being the sole 5-star unit I have.