Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have no head for these complex strategies and setups on people... I feel like I'm floundering in a pool when everyone else is going to have the most badass of badass units, especially in the arena. RIP me. ;-;

It does sound like Takumi can get B Tomebreaker, though, so that's one way to "counter" a disadvantage. Just not a conventional one.

Interestingly, Blarraven + B Tomebreaker means some sort of advantage against everything except green.

Edited by Othin

Just now, Extrasolar said:

Does anyone know the units that get Close Counter here? Thinking of slapping that on my Klein for maximum hilarity.

As far as I know only Takumi can get Close Counter naturally. Unless you're asking which units can inherit it, which I believe to be literally any ranged unit. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

As far as I know only Takumi can get Close Counter naturally. Unless you're asking which units can inherit it, which I believe to be literally any ranged unit. 

Goddamn it. There goes my strategy...

Does anyone have any suggestions on stuff to put on Klein to make him even better?

Just came by to say the meta is going to be rocked. I think all Nintendo wants to do is make tier-lists impossible. :P

Currently levelling up an unused Lilinia to give Nowi Growing Flame and Spur Atk.

@Extrasolar Only one I'm aware of is Takumi.

1 minute ago, InfinityAlex said:

Just came by to say the meta is going to be rocked. I think all Nintendo wants to do is make tier-lists impossible. :P

Currently levelling up an unused Lilinia to give Nowi Growing Flame and Spur Atk.

@Extrasolar Only one I'm aware of is Takumi.

No

They want to reward the people who decided to pour money into this game as if they were getting a share. When are gonna have a fun time putting together the most wicked strats. The vantage empire must be stopped!

5 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Goddamn it. There goes my strategy...

Does anyone have any suggestions on stuff to put on Klein to make him even better?

Klein and Takumi fill different roles. Takumi is more effective during enemy phase when people attack him, but Klein is meant to be a nuke on player phase that one shots the opponent and doesn't want to be attacked. As such, stuff that normally activates during enemy phase, like Close Counter or Vantage, isn't as good for him imo. Instead, you'd want something to further improve your nuke potential on player phase, such as something like Defiant Attack or Threaten Def. Those are my two cents, anyways. 

EDIT: If you think his damage output is already good enough though, you could give him more utility instead by giving him a skill like Wings of Mercy to let him warp around or Savage Blow for him to damage other enemies near your target after you eliminate them. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Instead, you'd want something to further improve your nuke potential on player phase, such as something like Defiant Attack or Threaten Def. Those are my two cents, anyways. 

Thanks. Do you know which units I could farm to get those, by any chance? Sorry, I'm not really that knowledgeable about what units have what.

Can I ask for advice for a Lon'qu? I feel like his skillset is a little redundant, with its speed ups when he's already got some of the best speed in the game, all that stuff. Vantage is good on him, though... If I ever got a Ryoma I'd feed my Lon'qu to him in a second to get that...

Thinking of slapping Defiant Speed on my Seliph to help his garbo speed... But then I'd have to give up my Robin... Not sure if worth...

EDIT: Or Darting Blow, but I'm not sure getting rid of my Tharja for it is a good idea either.

Edited by Extrasolar

Just now, Extrasolar said:

Thanks. Do you know which units I could farm to get those, by any chance? Sorry, I'm not really that knowledgeable about what units have what.

Can I ask for advice for a Lon'qu? I feel like his skillset is a little redundant, with its speed ups when he's already got some of the best speed in the game, all that stuff. Vantage is good on him, though... If I ever got a Ryoma I'd feed my Lon'qu to him in a second to get that...

Thinking of slapping Defiant Speed on my Seliph to help his garbo speed... But then I'd have to give up my Robin... Not sure if worth...

+Speed Seliph has 27 speed, which becomes 34 with a defiant buff. That's too low to really double anything and a number of things can still double and one-round him.

Might be better to accept his speed tier and make his physical bulk solid with Wary Fighter. He has high base HP so it would be difficult to one shot him.

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Defiant Attack is a type A skill learnt by Gaius, Karei, Lyn, Odin, Ogma, Ryoma and Adult Tiki.

Threaten Def is a type C skill learnt by Ephraim, Peri and Raven.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Might be better to accept his speed tier and make his physical bulk solid with Wary Fighter. He has high base HP so it would be difficult to one shot him.

True, good point. Wary Fighter... But I'm gonna have to pull an Effie, who's really good too. Argh.

EDIT: Or maybe I could put something like Holy Vestments on him. I'd have to feed him my Eliwood, but Eliwood's not that spectacular anyway... Unless someone has good ideas for setups on him that could make him strong?

Also, thanks @Ariete for that list. I can feed my subpar Odin to Klein for Defiant Attack.

Edited by Extrasolar

22 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

close/distant counter seems pretty bad with a brave weapon since you don't want to face enemy phase combat with those.

Isn't that the truth. If anything those skills along with Vantage Lyn and Ryoma with their Defiant Atk just makes sense for a high attacking unit that can leave a huge dent or take out a incoming foe. Brave weapons just suit characters with Darting Blow (Camilla being the best example of it given she's the only one with these two) so in that case they can quadruple attack. Granted Camilla isn't so good with spd when on enemy phase but that's why a +Spd of her while being buffed +4 spd with someone like Takumi with Threaten Spd or herself would do the trick to really get at units with 40 spd dropped to 35 while she has 40 spd on player phase.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

9 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Sure! Threaten Def can be learned from Ephraim, Peri, and Raven, with the latter two being the most farmable, relatively. After looking more closely, nevermind to Defiant Atk since that's an A-slot skill, and Klein already has Death Blow, the best A-slot skill for a player-phase brave nuke like him. Also, for the skills I mentioned in my edit, Savage Blow can be learned from Camilla, Leo, and Narcian, and Wings of Mercy can be learned from Cain, Frederick, and Palla. 

All skills are listed on the Fire Emblem Heroes wiki, and you can click on them to see what units can learn those skills. 

Also, for Lon'qu, Life and Death is probably the best A-skill to improve his damage output. Past that, I'm not entirely sure what would be good for him except maybe a Threaten Skill. Alternatively, you could give him a Hone/Spur aura to help with your other teammates. 

I personally think it's redundant to use both Lon'qu and Seliph, but since you asked: for Seliph, there are two routes you could go. Either try and patch up his speed with skills like Threaten Spd and Life and Death, or give up on his speed and instead try to improve his bulk with skills like Fury or Threaten Spd/Def (lowering enemy speed so they can't double is also a form of defense, after all). 

EDIT: Also, he can't learn Wary Fighter. You can only transfer Wary Fighter to other armored units. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Normally I prefer to think over/figure out these types of things on my own, but for this, I think I'd like a 2nd opinion...

My "go to" team consists of Eirika, F!Corrin, Nino, and Azura. I was thinking of doing the following setups:

Eirika (+Atk/-HP): Fury, Renewal, Hone Spd, Pivot, Iceberg/Bonfire. Basically my goal here is to amplify her well-balanced stat line with Fury, bringing her Atk & Spd to on par with most other top reds while maintaining a nice bulky defense line. Renewal is there to offset Fury damage and I'm thinking of keeping Pivot (instead of swapping in, say, Rally Defense to make her even more of a buff-meister) to help guarantee the heal if needed (also I'm kind of used to having Pivot on her at this point). I'm considering Iceberg or Bonfire over an Atk-based proc because her defenses (30 Def & 31 Res as a Lv 40 +2) will give her basically the same results, letting me save the Atk-based ones for other people.

F!Corrin (+Atk/-Res): Spd +3, Rally Defense. I'm happy with keeping Seal Res and Hone Atk on her, tbh. I wanted the extra Spd so she won't get doubled by +Spd Lucina, but Eirika buffs will do that too, so...idk, maybe there's a better option? I stuck Rally Defense on her to cover the buff gap, but I'm also considering Swap, given her role of tanking & debuffing.

Nino (+Atk/-Res): Not even sure where I want to go with Nino anymore. I know I'm putting some flavor of offense-oriented "Blow" in the A slot. Darting might be overkill since I basically have her tied to Eirika at all times? On the other hand the only person I have that can pass Death Blow 3 is my only 5* Effie, who I'd rather not get rid of if I can help it. Looking over the B skills, I'm not even sure there's anything she really wants/needs. For C...I'm debating between some flavor of Hone/Fortify (probably Atk or Spd) and Savage Blow, which I think would help set up OHKOs or ORKOs on enemies in case I can't get the buff setup I need or am falling just short by a few points of damage. I'm totally lost on her proc. I don't think she needs one, tbh.

Azura (+Spd/-Res ... just realized my team actually has 3 Atk boons & 3 Res banes): Wings of Mercy. Spd +3/Fortify Res are fine for what her role on the team is (eat Falchions alive and buff Nino). I'll think up a proc to give her (probably some low cooldown thing like Moonbow idk) when she's got more skill points, but I'm definitely thinking that Wings of Mercy will be more useful than Escape Route for her.

So I guess what I'm asking is...are Eirika & Corrin's setups solid, and is there anything I'm missing for Nino's? I've actually implemented most of it, and subsequently lost an abnormal amount of Arena battles. I'm not sure whether to blame that on bad skill choices, the fact that I started running into evil merges because Eirika's rating jumped to ~190, just being tired (it was about 6am after just waking up), or being rusty (I've been running Eirika/Nino/Sharena/F!Robin for the bonus) with the team in the Arena. I figured I'd start by asking if there are any possible improvements to my skill choices and work out the rest later =P .

19 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Pretty sure I saw someone say earlier in the thread that Wary Fighter is Armor move-type only.

21 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

The feheroes wiki skills page has a page for each skill that lists who can obtain it (ex. here's the one for Defiant Atk). You'll have to dig a little deeper into the character pages to see what level they get at each rarity, but it's a good starting point.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, AuraGuardianR said:

Is It worth to upgrade my Nowi to give my Tiki Young Lightning Breath+?

You'd have to think long and hard about what you need vs. what is cool. Do you have:

1. Good bow user

2. Good tome user

3. Coverage for each color

For example: M robin, Lucina, Takumi, Michalis would be a good team cause you have 1 tome, 3 physicals and one of them is a bow for range. Basically I'm saying you need one of each color at 5 stars and one of them has to be a tome before you can five star stuff for super epic vantage war strats.

26 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You'd have to think long and hard about what you need vs. what is cool. Do you have:

1. Good bow user

2. Good tome user

3. Coverage for each color

For example: M robin, Lucina, Takumi, Michalis would be a good team cause you have 1 tome, 3 physicals and one of them is a bow for range. Basically I'm saying you need one of each color at 5 stars and one of them has to be a tome before you can five star stuff for super epic vantage war strats.

At the moment I have two reds in Young Tiki and Eirika, two greens in Hector and Camilla, and then 4 blues, Cordelia, Ephraim, Robin M and Peri. The only other 5* I have is Maria, who isn't really worth it, since I got her today and I already have a lvl 38 4* maria for the training tower.

Edited by AuraGuardianR