Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

What's the interaction between Defiant skills and Renewal? I have a chance to give Defiant Attack 3 to Marth, which seems good with Escape Route but potentially annoying with Renewal, if he potentially heals his way out of a Defiant Attack activation.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlock Potential and Inherit Skill

would inherited skills follow a character through the unlock potential process?  That is, if you had a four-star with extra SP, is it ok for them to inherit skills before the unlock, or would the inherit skills be lost?

first time post, so apologies requested for any errors or breaches of etiquette here.  

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

What's the interaction between Defiant skills and Renewal? I have a chance to give Defiant Attack 3 to Marth, which seems good with Escape Route but potentially annoying with Renewal, if he potentially heals his way out of a Defiant Attack activation.

Well Lucina has defiant speed and chrom has defiant defense so I guess it works out or something. Unless you want to switch out your falchion ;):

Edited by Arcanite

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Normally I prefer to think over/figure out these types of things on my own, but for this, I think I'd like a 2nd opinion...

My "go to" team consists of Eirika, F!Corrin, Nino, and Azura. I was thinking of doing the following setups:

Eirika (+Atk/-HP): Fury, Renewal, Hone Spd, Pivot, Iceberg/Bonfire. Basically my goal here is to amplify her well-balanced stat line with Fury, bringing her Atk & Spd to on par with most other top reds while maintaining a nice bulky defense line. Renewal is there to offset Fury damage and I'm thinking of keeping Pivot (instead of swapping in, say, Rally Defense to make her even more of a buff-meister) to help guarantee the heal if needed (also I'm kind of used to having Pivot on her at this point). I'm considering Iceberg or Bonfire over an Atk-based proc because her defenses (30 Def & 31 Res as a Lv 40 +2) will give her basically the same results, letting me save the Atk-based ones for other people.

F!Corrin (+Atk/-Res): Spd +3, Rally Defense. I'm happy with keeping Seal Res and Hone Atk on her, tbh. I wanted the extra Spd so she won't get doubled by +Spd Lucina, but Eirika buffs will do that too, so...idk, maybe there's a better option? I stuck Rally Defense on her to cover the buff gap, but I'm also considering Swap, given her role of tanking & debuffing.

Nino (+Atk/-Res): Not even sure where I want to go with Nino anymore. I know I'm putting some flavor of offense-oriented "Blow" in the A slot. Darting might be overkill since I basically have her tied to Eirika at all times? On the other hand the only person I have that can pass Death Blow 3 is my only 5* Effie, who I'd rather not get rid of if I can help it. Looking over the B skills, I'm not even sure there's anything she really wants/needs. For C...I'm debating between some flavor of Hone/Fortify (probably Atk or Spd) and Savage Blow, which I think would help set up OHKOs or ORKOs on enemies in case I can't get the buff setup I need or am falling just short by a few points of damage. I'm totally lost on her proc. I don't think she needs one, tbh.

Azura: Wings of Mercy. Spd +3/Fortify Res are fine for what her role on the team is (eat Falchions alive and buff Nino). I'll think up a proc to give her (probably some low cooldown thing like Moonbow idk) when she's got more skill points, but I'm definitely thinking that Wings of Mercy will be more useful than Escape Route for her.

So I guess what I'm asking is...are Eirika & Corrin's setups solid, and is there anything I'm missing for Nino's?

Corrin and Azura look fine to me (agree with Wings of Mercy being better than Escape Route).

I'm not actually sure what to do with Eirika, so I'll let someone else tackle that.

For Nino, Death Blow is probably the most solid option, but failing that, Life and Death is also incredibly good on her. For her proc, I'd recommend a low CD one like Glimmer or Iceberg. For B, I'd give her a breaker skill to let her double anyone she doesn't already, but if that isn't a problem, then maybe some more utility, like Escape Route or Wings of Mercy would benefit her. For C, I think Savage Blow would be better, personally. I personally think of Nino more as a carry that can wipe out the whole enemy team on her own with proper setup and positioning, so I don't think giving other people buffs helps all that much. 

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well Lucina has defiant speed and chrom has defiant defense so I guess it works out or something. Unless you want to switch out your falchion ;):

What I mean is, if one of them heals their way above 50% HP, does their Defiant skill activate for that turn? It depends on the order the skills activate, I guess. And of course it's already an issue for Marth because of Escape Route, so whatever. Probably not a big deal, but I figure it's worth checking anyway.

@LordFrigid @MaskedAmpharos Yeah, I forgot about the wiki for a second. Derp, my bad. Also okay, at least I won't have to worry about taking Wary Fighter as an option. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Sure! Threaten Def can be learned from Ephraim, Peri, and Raven, with the latter two being the most farmable, relatively. After looking more closely, nevermind to Defiant Atk since that's an A-slot skill, and Klein already has Death Blow, the best A-slot skill for a player-phase brave nuke like him. Also, for the skills I mentioned in my edit, Savage Blow can be learned from Camilla, Leo, and Narcian, and Wings of Mercy can be learned from Cain, Frederick, and Palla. 

All skills are listed on the Fire Emblem Heroes wiki, and you can click on them to see what units can learn those skills. 

Also, for Lon'qu, Life and Death is probably the best A-skill to improve his damage output. Past that, I'm not entirely sure what would be good for him except maybe a Threaten Skill. Alternatively, you could give him a Hone/Spur aura to help with your other teammates. 

I personally think it's redundant to use both Lon'qu and Seliph, but since you asked: for Seliph, there are two routes you could go. Either try and patch up his speed with skills like Threaten Spd and Life and Death, or give up on his speed and instead try to improve his bulk with skills like Fury or Threaten Spd/Def (lowering enemy speed so they can't double is also a form of defense, after all).

Yeah, I'm not overly in love with Seliph or anything. His bulkiness is good and he's got damage enough to one-shot a lot of the mages and such in the game, but his abysmal speed and poor resistance has blocked me from doing much of anything with him at higher levels depending on the map composition. I prefer Lon'qu just for the doubling potential...but I'm not sure which one is statistically better. Tier list says it's Seliph only by a single place, but it's not like that's a huge margin or anything.

I guess if I go with Threaten Speed, I finally have a use for this Shanna I'm never going to use otherwise, lol. Threaten Def is harder for me, unless I pull a Peri, since I want to keep my Raven, since he seems like one of the game's better units.

I like both and it's hard for me to choose which one to use, since if I need a physical tank I go to Seliph, but if I want more speed I go to Lon'qu. They both one-round squishies no matter what, but Vantage is really good. I have a Hana I can feed to Lon'qu to give him Life and Death, at least... Glass cannon is glass cannony. Lol.

And it says Eliwood is A tier? Then I might want to rethink getting rid of him... What's the setup to use on him that makes him really good?

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Corrin and Azura look fine to me (agree with Wings of Mercy being better than Escape Route).

I'm not actually sure what to do with Eirika, so I'll let someone else tackle that.

For Nino, Death Blow is probably the most solid option, but failing that, Life and Death is also incredibly good on her. For her proc, I'd recommend a low CD one like Glimmer or Iceberg. For B, I'd give her a breaker skill to let her double anyone she doesn't already, but if that isn't a problem, then maybe some more utility, like Escape Route or Wings of Mercy would benefit her. For C, I think Savage Blow would be better, personally. I personally think of Nino more as a carry that can wipe out the whole enemy team on her own with proper setup and positioning, so I don't think giving other people buffs helps all that much. 

What if it is a team of fragile mage with azura and tank?

Would Escape route or Wing of mercy still be necessary?

Since the fragile mage will most likely get OHKO which means the chance of getting hp < 50% is very low.

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

@LordFrigid @MaskedAmpharos Yeah, I forgot about the wiki for a second. Derp, my bad. Also okay, at least I won't have to worry about taking Wary Fighter as an option. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not overly in love with Seliph or anything. His bulkiness is good and he's got damage enough to one-shot a lot of the mages and such in the game, but his abysmal speed and poor resistance has blocked me from doing much of anything with him at higher levels depending on the map composition. I prefer Lon'qu just for the doubling potential...but I'm not sure which one is statistically better. Tier list says it's Seliph only by a single place, but it's not like that's a huge margin or anything.

I guess if I go with Threaten Speed, I finally have a use for this Shanna I'm never going to use otherwise, lol. Threaten Def is harder for me, unless I pull a Peri, since I want to keep my Raven, since he seems like one of the game's better units.

I like both and it's hard for me to choose which one to use, since if I need a physical tank I go to Seliph, but if I want more speed I go to Lon'qu. They both one-round squishies no matter what, but Vantage is really good. I have a Hana I can feed to Lon'qu to give him Life and Death, at least... Glass cannon is glass cannony. Lol.

And it says Eliwood is A tier? Then I might want to rethink getting rid of him... What's the setup to use on him that makes him really good?

I'm certainly no expert, but I personally think that a 5* Lon'qu is better than Seliph. Or maybe I just don't know how to play around Seliph's weaknesses and play to his strengths very well. And anyways, tier lists mean nothing now and likely won't for at least another few weeks. 

I don't know much about Eliwood though, so I'm passing this onto someone else. 

EDIT: Also that Hector is the stuff of nightmares. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Still gets one-round killed by my Julia and Selena and Hana and two-round killed by Ryoma.

Ice dragon with the stats. #GetShrekt. Too bad the closest thing I have to a Julia is a 3 star +Atk Nino. Thank goodness for base stay totals cause I don't think I have enough to face that monster

Edited by Arcanite

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Still gets one-round killed by my Julia and Selena and Hana and two-round killed by Ryoma.

HI salty boy!

# World Rank Top 16 only top 10 total stats units are playable. You are funny <3

Julia Selena Hana Ryoma Lucina (so sad) 

38 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what to do with Eirika either. After sticking Renewal and a couple levels of Fury on her, I went into the Arena and promptly got kicked around by some well-merged enemies, which was...not fun lol. I was also still kinda half-asleep and trying to rush through it so...idk. Hopefully I'm just freaking out over nothing.

On Nino...yeah, I see what you mean. I'm actually a bit hesitant on Life and Death because neutral Def/HP can actually eat a hit from +Atk un-merged Hector with a Def buff, which is nice in some situations (read: when I'm too impatient to have Eirika stand in front of him for a turn first lol). I'm definitely leaning toward Savage Blow now...I was thinking a little more combat balance for the rest of the team (43 Spd on Eirika between neutral Spd, Fury, merges, and a Hone looked kinda fun on paper), but I think I agree that that's not really Nino's job. I think I have a 4* Camilla I can sacrifice for the cause...I'll have to double-check.

Edit: Glimmer...I think I like that idea, even if it is way overkill in most cases. It fits the way her eyes sparkle as she buries her enemy in a mound of blades.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, Katrisa said:

Holy crap people without bows can learn Moonbow.  I'm thinking Erika will be learning that special.. mmmmm

People without bows could always learn moonbow. Ever heard of a young prince named Ephraim? 

3 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Holy crap people without bows can learn Moonbow.  I'm thinking Erika will be learning that special.. mmmmm

A moonbow is a rainbow created with moonlight instead of sunlight.

Just now, Arcanite said:

People without bows could always learn moonbow. Ever heard of a young prince named Ephraim? 

I'm sure Eirika put many moon-shaped bows on him as young children, what with L'Arachel of Rausten being such a fashionista