Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Luna (Selena) has Triangle Adept.

I have a duplicate that I'm going to give to Ninian. So I know she has it along with Roy.

Read the topic and my notes, please. This list only shows units that can obtain the skill at its max level at 4*.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Read the topic and my notes, please. This list only shows units that can obtain the skill at its max level at 4*.

Ah. So you're trying to save people feathers by listing level 3 skills. I see. My bad.

Why everyone cares so much about Tadept. It really dont benefit you when you face the opposite color.

Edited by Ryuke

3 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Why everyone cares so much about Tadept. It really dont benefit you when you face the opposite color.

No, but it gives you more of an advantage against the color you're strong against. There are many cases where Triangle Adept is the difference between a 1HKO and a 2HKO, or cases where it drastically reduces the damage you would have taken. If you position properly, you should never be fighting units strong against you anyways, so the weakness doesn't really matter most of the time.Ā 

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Did your friend drop a 5* Gordin to give Takumi Vantage 3?

Ā 

Only Lon'qu is listed for Vantage because he is the only 4* that can get the skill at Lv. 3

i am not sure if this was already stated but i think rheinhart at 4* can give vantage three as well

3 hours ago, LucıÅÆs said:

Thanks for this! It'll be easier for me to find the skills I need.Ā :^_^:

Ā 

Edit: Clearly, this monk wasn't reading. My apologies.

you were the one who wanted to find a nche for lucius right? i have a +8 lucius help me xD how do i use this guyĀ 

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I wonder how many people are going to make Cecilia pass down Gronnwolf to female Robin or Nino?

I don't have the feathers to upgrade to a 5 star to pass down the + version. But it's a nice alternative to sacrifice the 3 star for FeMU.

Ā 

Edit: Wait. Don't you mean the green raven tome?

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I don't have the feathers to upgrade to a 5 star to pass down the + version. But it's a nice alternative to sacrifice the 3 star for FeMU.

The things players like meĀ can't do simply because or not havingĀ the feathers right now and/or being too busy hoarding orbs (348 Orbs stockpiled right now).

For Lyn, she'd probably like Vantage and Threaten Def or Threaten Spd.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

It can help blue dragons against Falchion, and the Robins (or anyone with the anti-colorless tomes) against Takumi and the like.Ā  At least that's the word going around, haven't tested it as I don't have enough units or feathers to justify jumping into inheritance until people figure this out better.

Ā 

39 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I wonder how many people are going to make Cecilia pass down Gronnwolf to female Robin or Nino?

That's in my plans eventually, but it really depends on how much Takumi impacts the meta still.Ā  Though combine that with Triangle Adept and you can probably get a decent counter/check to Linde too, though I haven't run the numbers.

Hey, a few points to note.

I tested with a 1 star Virion, had him inherit some skills I don't care about, then unlocked him to 2 stars. He kept the skills. So it looks like inherited skills are NOT lost upon raising the star level of a unit, which is good to know.

Later, I gave my 4 star Ursula Blarblade and Blarblade+. And Blarblade+ is showing up in the list of skills she can CURRENTLY learn, even though it is a 5 star skill and I haven't yet raised her to 5 stars. I don't yet have the SP to give her even regular Blarblade, so I can't yet test for sure if she can learn it, but it looks like inherited skills ignore star requirements once inherited. Interesting, and not what I expected.

21 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

Later, I gave my 4 star Ursula Blarblade and Blarblade+. And Blarblade+ is showing up in the list of skills she can CURRENTLY learn, even though it is a 5 star skill and I haven't yet raised her to 5 stars. I don't yet have the SP to give her even regular Blarblade, so I can't yet test for sure if she can learn it, but it looks like inherited skills ignore star requirements once inherited. Interesting, and not what I expected.

There's still the issue of needing to upgrade fodder to 5* for the + weapon, but that aside, this is definitely good information to know.

2 hours ago, Shiro said:

i am not sure if this was already stated but i think rheinhart at 4* can give vantage three as well

Thanks for pointing this out! My bad. Will update the OP.

Ā 

While we're at it, do you know any other heroes from the last banner besides Lachesis who also got dropped to 4*?

Ā 

And also @Mad_Scientist, this is good to know. I'll add this too by tomorrow.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Thanks for pointing this out! My bad. Will update the OP.

Ā 

While we're at it, do you know any other heroes from the last banner besides Lachesis who also got dropped to 4*?

klein did as well sanaki and eldigan stayed the same im not sure about olwen

3 hours ago, Shiro said:

you were the one who wanted to find a nche for lucius right? i have a +8 lucius help me xD how do i use this guyĀ 

Yes, I was the one! Ahh I wish I could have that +8 Lucius of yours.Ā :o:

I basically just put Live to Serve on him so that it will synergize well with his Martyr. I also put a Hone Atk on him so that he could bring more support to his teammates. Feel free to switch and experiment with what specials goes best with him, this mainly depends on your set-up if you want higher bursts of heals (Imbue) or include more buffs (Balm).

The idea is, you have to let him eat as much damage as possible (preferably from mages since he has high res) then heal his teammates like there's no tomorrow.

On a different note, if you want to turn things up a little different, you can play offensively since Lucius has a high attack. Put Pain or Assault on his weapon, Seal Res or Wings of Mercy on Type B, and Savage Blow on Type C to maximize his 'softening' abilities.Ā 

It's all about how your team is set-up and how you want his role to be.Ā 

I really am glad that you asked me for this. Thank you and I hope you'll have fun with Lucius!Ā :wub:

Ā 

Edit: You cannot inherit poison strike to Clerics because of weapon restrictions, sorry about that. Big thanks to @Tragonight for helping me recall!Ā 

Edited by LucıÅÆs

3 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

No, but it gives you more of an advantage against the color you're strong against. There are many cases where Triangle Adept is the difference between a 1HKO and a 2HKO, or cases where it drastically reduces the damage you would have taken. If you position properly, you should never be fighting units strong against you anyways, so the weakness doesn't really matter most of the time.Ā 

Honestly. Adept have been more of a con than pro. Usually my team can survive hit from color they are strong against.

Ā 

Ā 

Unless it's directed towards glass cannon

29 minutes ago, LucıÅÆs said:

Yes, I was the one! Ahh I wish I could have that +8 Lucius of yours.Ā :o:

I basically just put Live to Serve on him so that it will synergize well with his Martyr. I also put a Hone Atk on him so that he could bring more support to his teammates. Feel free to switch and experiment with what specials goes best with him, this mainly depends on your set-up if you want higher bursts of heals (Imbue) or include more buffs (Balm).

The idea is, you have to let him eat as much damage as possible (preferably from mages since he has high res) then heal his teammates like there's no tomorrow.

On a different note, if you want to turn things up a little different, you can play offensively since Lucius has a high attack. Put Pain or Assault on his weapon, Seal Res or Poison strike on Type B, and Savage Blow on Type C to maximize his 'softening' abilities.Ā 

It's all about how your team is set-up and how you want his role to be.Ā 

I really am glad that you asked me for this. Thank you and I hope you'll have fun with Lucius!Ā :wub:

Is it confirmed that Poison Strike stacks with Pain?

5 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Is it confirmed that Poison Strike stacks with Pain?

Ah it has completely slipped my mind that you cannot even inherit poison strike from a ninja to healer in the first place because of weapon restrictions. Thanks for pointing that out!

Just now, LucıÅÆs said:

Ah it has completely slipped my mind that you cannot even inherit poison strike from a ninja to healer in the first place because of weapon restrictions. Thanks for pointing that out!

Well...

I didn't know that Wary Fighter was exclusive to armored units until like two hours ago.

I feel dumb.

5 minutes ago, LucıÅÆs said:

So no poison strike Sheenas? Rip in pepperonis to my ultimate death plan

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So no poison strike Sheenas? Rip in pepperonis to my ultimate death plan

Is Poison Strike Dagger only?

So it seems passive skill restrictions are tighter than was previously thought.

Ā 

I don't have access to any Poison strike units to check for inheritance at the moment, but it would be a good idea to check for any other skills that are not only exclusive to unit type but also to weapon type. I'd appreciate any input you guys can give on this.

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is Poison Strike Dagger only?

Ā 

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

So it seems passive skill restrictions are tighter than was previously thought.

Ā 

I don't have access to any Poison strike units to check for inheritance at the moment, but it would be a good idea to check for any other skills that are not only exclusive to unit type but also to weapon type. I'd appreciate any input you guys can give on this.

I can check hang on

EDIT: it works on tomes and weapons

But not healers. The dream is alive my brothers and sistersĀ 

Edited by Arcanite