Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't take advice that's impossible for me to use. I don't have Sophia or Raigh or any red mages or flying axe wielders or a reliable dancer, which is what you all are telling me to use.

1. Not everyone is fluent in Japanese like you are.

2. Who in here did I accuse of cheating, exactly?

Just follow what the person is doing in the video, step by step. There is no need to be fluent in Japanese, just watch how he moves his units and copy it step by step.

Surely you have all the units the person in the video has? They are all free units from the daily hero battles.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did Kunatic with this team!

-Klein

-Corrin (M)

-Olivia

-Robin (M)

I Inhereted Swap to Corrin

First Turn I used Klein to kill the blue pegasus then swapped places with corrin, then Corrin tanked both michalis and the red cavalier. 

Second Turn Corrin took care of michalis and Klein finished off the cavalier

In the subsequent turns Klein finished off the remaining red pegasus and blue lancers. 

Robin (M) literally did nohting and was nothing but a place holder in this battle I couldve done it easily with only Corrin Klein and Olivia, maybe even without olivia. Inheriting Swap to my Corrin was key for my strategy. 

Screenshot_20170324-091932.jpg

I managed to beat Lunatic Ursula doing exactly as the man in the video did, so it is perfectly possible to do it with free units. On the other hand I could beat Lunatic Michalis on the early bird event with my own units (4* abel and olivia, 5* sanaki and 5* Nino -in which I used my feathers-. So again, it was possible to.do it without a full high tier 5* units...

@Anacybele If you still haven't watched the video, I would recommend it, even if you don't have the units. It's possible that watching how the person in the video tackles the map may give you some inspiration as to what kinds of strategy to use. I know it helped me! I didn't use all the units he did, but watching his video was what gave me the idea to have all my units together on the right instead of 2 on both sides as well as use a flier to bait the lance pegasus and/or Michalis. 

At worst, you'll have wasted a handful of minutes, but you never know what you could get out of it!

And if nothing else, I personally find it fascinating to watch a master strategist clear maps with only 3* free units (he also beat Ursula's Lunatic map and Chapter 9-5 on Lunatic with only 3* units that everyone gets for free) when I struggle with a team of 5*s. It's a humbling experience but also a good learning opportunity!

Obviously I can't force you to watch it if you really don't want to, but I wanted to at least offer some friendly advice. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

8 minutes ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Just follow what the person is doing in the video, step by step. There is no need to be fluent in Japanese, just watch how he moves his units and copy it step by step.

Surely you have all the units the person in the video has? They are all free units from the daily hero battles.

That's the thing. She never was interested in getting them.

Or sent home extra units.

And yet accuses the game of being unfair and not giving the means to beat the map without having 4-5 stat good units.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't throw away ALL of them. My Virion was the same freebie 2 star one. I worked him up to 4 star because every colorless I summoned HAD to be a healer or Niles (I swear I've pulled this creep like three times. Why can't I get an archer that's NOT him?).

I'd much rather get the 4 star so I can save 2000 feathers. I don't do that well in the arena. Also, I don't want to use Michalis as skill fodder, I want to use Michalis as Michalis. He could be valuable later in an axe team or flying team.

True, complaining does get you nowhere. I'm working on getting a screenshot now.

Even so, you can still get the unit and then, if you really want to use him, level him up. Heck, you're talking to someone who has just five starred a Gwendolyn as she's the best chance to beat the armour quest (still probably not going to happen) since Hector, Sheena and Effie refuse to drop.

I still recommend getting both, starting with the hard one to make sure you definitely get one, and then working on the Lunatic with Elieson's help. That shield is definitely worth the two thousand it will take. Some people are even thinking of using the four star for the shield and getting the three star levelled up for the extra sp (not sure if it will offset the costs of the shield and other thing that get given to the four star unit, will have to calculate before I decide which one). If you're using a flyer team, there is no way there's any reason not to get both - one for skill and one for unit.

I do wish you luck in the Lunatic map, though. Hopefully a solution can be found :)

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. Not everyone is fluent in Japanese like you are.

You just need to follow the sequence in that video. No Japanese fluency needed.

Tho, afaik, you don't have Narcian...so I guess it's impossible(?)

I mean, you could raise the 3* Michalis to do the job, but you'd probably deem it as a waste of time.

Edited by pianime94

Michalis himself is rather decent, with or without Iote's Shield. It's nice to not have a weakness but I think it's a bit of an overrated skill. He's a bit slow and has bad Res, but he has good enough Atk and Def.

Even if you don't use a unit for whatever reason, keeping them is the best option - even the duplicates. I have favourited all of my units (even the 3*), and all of my duplicates are not favourited. When it comes to skill inheritance, I simply sort by "favourite" order, and all my duplicates are filtered to the bottom, ready to be picked off for their skills, when the time comes. 200 unit space is plenty of space to store extra units, unless you're a Wailord. In which case 1 orb for +5 storage is no problem.

7 minutes ago, Raven said:

Even if you don't use a unit for whatever reason, keeping them is the best option - even the duplicates. I have favourited all of my units (even the 3*), and all of my duplicates are not favourited. When it comes to skill inheritance, I simply sort by "favourite" order, and all my duplicates are filtered to the bottom, ready to be picked off for their skills, when the time comes. 200 unit space is plenty of space to store extra units, unless you're a Wailord. In which case 1 orb for +5 storage is no problem.

Well, I can't say I agree, I'm afraid. I'm not a whale or anything (I'll occasionally spend money, but not a lot). And I think it's always a good idea to ditch duplicates whose skills you don't need or characters you don't want for the feathers. Feathers upgrade units to access more powerful stats and skills, after all.

I'm trying to upload my screenshot, but Photobucket is refusing to finish it. It's taking forever. I don't know why it's doing this, but I've never had this issue before. Previously, I had trouble getting logged in (it kept telling me to log in every time I hit the upload button). I've tried using imgur before too, but it ended up being too much of a hassle to copy and past text on my phone. It's much easier to do it on a computer which is where Photobucket comes in since I have an account and all there. Sorry...

47 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@immatx Possibly, so long as he has that Brave Bow. He should be able to pull off Takumi's roll with Azura's help.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to have to find another way. Even with Gordin the peg knight executes the pull maneuver on Effie on the first turn, leaving her open to Michalis.

9 minutes ago, Raven said:

Michalis himself is rather decent, with or without Iote's Shield. It's nice to not have a weakness but I think it's a bit of an overrated skill. He's a bit slow and has bad Res, but he has good enough Atk and Def.

Me too. Even Est, and my hatred for her is... well I got another one yesterday and went on a ten minute rant to a long suffering friend xD

Okay, finally got that image uploaded.

Capture_2017-03-24-11-25-27_zpsrt07q4zb.

You can see why I want more axe wielders. I had more units than this, but I mistakenly sent home both the Subakis I had, and I used several other units as skill fodder (including Eirika, Sully, Peri, Matthew, Azama, and Gunter).

Virion needs more levels for this, I know... I wound up with so many swords trying to get Ryoma or a red mage (preferably Lilina). All the blues came from trying to get Ephraim. And I just like Donnel.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

Yeah, I think I'm just going to have to find another way. Even with Gordin the peg knight executes the pull maneuver on Effie on the first turn, leaving her open to Michalis.

Sorry I couldn't help :(

I can see about playing atound with other strats that follow a similar setup?

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Sorry I couldn't help :(

I can see about playing atound with other strats that follow a similar setup?

No worries, thanks for giving me your time :)

I think I'll just try a couple random combinations and see if I stumble across anything. I have a leveled Stahl, Shanna, and Seliph I'll try to work in and see if they help.

I got pretty lucky summoning from the battling Michalis banner - didn't get the Minerva I wanted, but I got 5* Klein and 4* Lilina (who would have been better for the banner anyway lol) so with some training I should be able to take on the map before it ends. I already trounced the hard version but the lunatic version is quite a bit of a step above. 

Question: Is Lilina worth promoting to 5* or no? The only other unit I may want to promote is Narcian. 

Did pretty much exactly the same strat as @RipTide except I didn't know about the existence of the thread until now lol.

Team:

5* Alfonse (Swap and Swordbreaker 3)

5* Klein +Atk -Def (Hone Atk 3)

5* Nowi

5* Priscilla

Went bordering the right side of the mountain. Klein one shots the fortify lance flier, Rally Def!Alfonse then swaps positions with him. Micahils approaches and deals 10x2 dmg (23/43) to alfonse and receives 30dmg in return (klein hone atk 3), the sword cav engages alfonse and deals 20dmg (3/43) but is one rounded in return thanks to Swordbreaker 3 + Sol (29x2dmg?). Next turn Priscilla Rehabilitates him and Klein goes down a bit so Alfonse one round counters the incoming sword hone flier peg. The rest is just Klein and Nowi blowing the heavy spear dude. Pretty easy.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, finally got that image uploaded.

Capture_2017-03-24-11-25-27_zpsrt07q4zb.

You can see why I want more axe wielders. I had more units than this, but I mistakenly sent home both the Subakis I had, and I used several other units as skill fodder (including Eirika, Sully, Peri, Matthew, Azama, and Gunter).

Virion needs more levels for this, I know... I wound up with so many swords trying to get Ryoma or a red mage (preferably Lilina). All the blues came from trying to get Ephraim. And I just like Donnel.

The current team you have there actually works perfect. Send Palla to bait in Michalis. Get Virion to level fourty so he can take care of the lance pegasus on turn 2. Not sure how well sharena will handle the red cavalier on the right but you can use her and if she doesn't take it too well and you lose then start leveling up your Abel instead. The Lance user on the right can be destroyed by Fred. 

BTW Freddy should be able to take a hit from Michalis.

ONE IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER: THE RED PEG AND BLUE PEG HAVE HONE AND FORTIFY FLIERS. BE WARY OF MICHALIS' STATE BOOSTS AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE PLACEMENT OF THE PEGASUS KNIGHTS!

Edited by Arcanite

@Anacybele Whatever team you go with, I'd recommend doing the 3* one to test out your strategy before trying it on Lunatic (also this doesn't waste stamina, really, since you haven't gotten the 3* version yet, and it's always nice to have another copy. You could give Iote's Shield to someone (or if you reaallly want to, you can send him home for feathers) while keeping the other copy for yourself. Michalis is actually quite a good unit himself, as you can probably tell from this GHB.

Doing the hard map for the 3 star Michalis first isn't a bad idea, actually. I'd at least have one Michalis as insurance, even if I will have to upgrade him later.

I noticed Michalis getting stat boosts from the Pegs. Guess I should've paid even closer attention to that though.

GHB? What the heck does that mean? I did see that he has a skill like Hawkeye's Growing Light. Those are such a pain to deal with. It takes off most of Frederick's health. I did not expect to see it at all...

Sharena one-rounds the sword knight, so that's no big deal.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, salinea said:

I was struggling a bit so I ended up using a variant of this. I don't think I had any unit capable of ORKO Michalis, so I took Nino with me instead of Tharja; Klein, Olivia. I first tried taking Sharena as the blue bait, but Michalis didn't consider her puny enough apparently, so I swapped her with Cordelia with better result.

First part with Klein worked like a charm. Olivia was close enough to Nino and Cordelia so she could refresh Nino to kill Michalis comfortably. And after a couple of turns of regrouping, I did the same with the last lancer.

Thanks for the strategy! :D

I'm glad it helped! Out of curiosity, what was your Sharena's defence/speed? I'll edit it into the strategy post so others have a benchmark for how puny their blue unit needs to be lol. I think it probably has to be ORKO'd levels, so I'll check against his stats.

Edited by azurrys

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

GHB? What the heck does that mean?

GHB

Grand Hero Battle

Or 

Gamma Hydroxybutyrate hee hee

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, immatx said:

Is that a real thing? :blink:

As a premed student I can confirm that it is, indeed, a real thing. Please don't make me relive the hell that was organic chemistry. I still have war flashbacks.

Though a quick google of "ghb" would tell you the same thing.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos