Metal Arc is No Longer a Mod

Jyosua

Now that I think about it, I'm not so different from Hanz really. I rarely participate outside of admin/mod duties these days, and I'm an admin as well X D

Er... *runs*

If you can truly say that, congratulations. However, I bet if you actually went back and saw your older posts, you would realize you have matured since then even if you don't feel you've changed.

Very little web design is needed on a forum package like this. Thousands of websites use Wordpress or something similar. They are user friendly and simple to use. An administrator using these could be the best in the world or the worst; it has virtually no impact.

Not sure if I've mentioned it much, but the main site was created by someone with next to no knowledge about web design. They've since been learning though (I think). Hint: Don't ever check the site coding- it can be quite horrible. But it works.

So, yeah...

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I think about it, I'm not so different from Hanz really. I rarely participate these days, and I'm an admin as well X D

Er... *runs*

I thought you were never gonna say anything :lol:

Now that I think about it, I'm not so different from Hanz really. I rarely participate these days, and I'm an admin as well X D

Er... *runs*

Lol. I post when I need to as well. I'm active, I just don't see a need to post everywhere, because often, someone has already voiced what I wanted to say. And I hate repeating others, because it makes me feel like a +1'er.

Not sure if I've mentioned it much, but the main site was created by someone with next to no knowledge about web design. They've since been learning though (I think). Hint: Don't ever check the site coding- it can be quite horrible. But it works.

I've checked the coding a couple of times already, and it isn't quite clean indeed, but at least it gets the job done.

Who created the main site then? I always thought it was you. And who are "they"?

If you can truly say that, congratulations. However, I bet if you actually went back and saw your older posts, you would realize you have matured since then even if you don't feel you've changed.

Very little web design is needed on a forum package like this. Thousands of websites use Wordpress or something similar. They are user friendly and simple to use. An administrator using these could be the best in the world or the worst; it has virtually no impact.

I actually do go back and look at them to see that I have matured, but not that drastically, as I had a very serious childhood as well. You really can't make a statement like that unless you know me, which you do not.

And it ALWAYS helps to have the knowledge. There is never a time I can think of that having it will hinder you.

I've checked the coding a couple of times already, and it isn't quite clean indeed, but at least it gets the job done.

Who created the main site then? I always thought it was you. And who are "they"?

Sorry, I was talking in third person. It's just me ^^;;;

EDIT

Don't worry, I know the coding is crap in places... Actually I technically don't, since I didn't learn web design.

Edited by VincentASM

If anything, it's the OP's fault? That can only ever be partly true. So somebody breaking a rule (okay, it's not a set-in-stone rule) isn't responsible at all?

Well, to be honest the ops can't do that much about it. The extent of what i can do is only banning and kicking, i'm also not online all the time, so i can't always see what's going on. Even if i kick or ban, they still can keep the nick no matter what anyone else says. Not to mention, they can still private message other users too. Banning or kicking should at least be enough of an action to reason for them NOT to steal a nick though.

It's really not the chat ops fault, cause a persistant person could steal the nick and keep it. The only way to prevent this is to register your nicks with nickserv. In theory, the users could be to blame for not registering their nicks as well.

The only way to get back a stolen nick if they register it through is to:

A. Try to make them to give it back by kickbanning, etc.

B. ...Or ask an IRC operator about it, which i really would NOT do, the last thing they want to hear is arguments over nick stealing.

Edited by SmartRutter7

Actually, if you would make lists without using CSS, it would look like

<ul type="circle"><li>Some stuff</li></ul>

But whatever :P

I actually do go back and look at them to see that I have matured, but not that drastically, as I had a very serious childhood as well. You really can't make a statement like that unless you know me, which you do not.

And it ALWAYS helps to have the knowledge. There is never a time I can think of that having it will hinder you.

I do not know you, but I know human development. Your brain will not stop growing until you are around 30 years old. I judge it unlikely that you would have been a competent 17-year-old six years ago, but as you say, I do not know you.

Okay, it can help. It's also on the bottom end of skills that will ever be used as a moderator.

I do not know you, but I know human development. Your brain will not stop growing until you are around 30 years old. I judge it unlikely that you would have been a competent 17-year-old six years ago, but as you say, I do not know you.

Okay, it can help. It's also on the bottom end of skills that will ever be used as a moderator.

Mental age is not the same as physical age.

Sorry, I was talking in third person. It's just me ^^;;;

EDIT

Don't worry, I know the coding is crap in places... Actually I technically don't, since I didn't learn web design.

Precisely why I want to redo it!

I actually normally wouldn't post here and am horribly confused

Me and Fimmy Fim are rather sad to see Metal Arc be de-modded and are for him getting another chance, but since those chances are dratically slim, then oh well.

Metaly Arc, for the short time I've known you, mod or not, I still respect you. As what Cynthia said. We all make mistakes, and thus learn from them afterwards, correct?

Precisely why I want to redo it!

And it definitely needs to be redone >_> (If you ever need any help, please ask, although I doubt you'll ever need it)

We all make mistakes, and thus learn from them afterwards, correct?

Usually, we do, and I don't doubt that Arc has learned from this. Sadly, this doesn't apply to everyone.

Just wanted to point that out.

I've got a bit of soul searching to do.

Everyone who was fighting for me thank you, and you can stop. Everyone who was fighting against me can all go to

peru

:P

You guys can close the topic now.

Edited by Metal Arc