Themed Teams [Gimmick / for fun]

BANRYU

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Team Blue-Haired Pegasus Love Interest: Caeda, Catria, Shanna, Tana.

Does Catria really count because Marth has no idea? Farina would probably be a better fit here methinks.

In two more months, I'll be ready to run Team Gauntlet Runner-ups :D (I've only ever owned and supported them. Never did own Lucina, and Camilla is nothing more than Brave Axe+ fodder for Cherche). 

3 hours ago, Iris said:

Late, but I want to answer this:

"Dudes with unrequited crushes":

FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12: Hardin and Nyna, Ogma and Caeda, Caeda's harem

FE2: Tobin and Clair

FE5: Reinhardt and Ishtar

FE6: Gonzalez and Lilina

FE7: Kent and Lyn when Kent and Sain A support 

FE8: Lyon and Eirika, Carlyle and Ismaire

FE9: Gatrie and Everyone

FE14: Leo and Camilla

Probably more, but I can't remember.

man did ogma seriously have a crush on caeda because if he did I didn't notice at all

maybe it was an FE12 thing

anyway in echoes there's leon and valbar

also

leo's crush on camilla is an actual thing that is canon

like seriously I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in that book they did for fire emblem's anniversary or something. i don't remember exactly where it was said but I do remember people thinking it was stupid and bad

so that actually does count I guess

All I remember is that Leo was jealous of all the attention Camilla gave Corrin, but I didn't interpret that romantically/sexually. 

If one of your siblings was getting a lot more attention from the rest of the family than you, it's perfectly natural to be jealous and want them to pay attention to you too.

1 hour ago, unique said:

man did ogma seriously have a crush on caeda because if he did I didn't notice at all

maybe it was an FE12 thing

anyway in echoes there's leon and valbar

also

leo's crush on camilla is an actual thing that is canon

like seriously I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in that book they did for fire emblem's anniversary or something. i don't remember exactly where it was said but I do remember people thinking it was stupid and bad

so that actually does count I guess

Yeah, Ogma's thing for Caeda was definitely more overt than Reinhardt's for Ishtar. Don't think it was just a FE12 thing, and it was just as implied in his death quote like Catria's love was for Marth in FE3, or Linde's for Merrics in their endings. I don't think FE1 really implied too much about the character's relationships, since it seems like Palla -> Abel and Linde -> Merric was added in FE3, but who knows. E3 was just full of unrequited love, I guess!

If you're curious, check out Ogma's FE1 ending. FE12 definitely expanded upon it (like they did with Linde's love for Merric as well), through the Base Conversations, but most importantly in the DLC episode. The following is an excerpt where Ogma all but admits his love for Caeda.

Spoiler

From the FE12 DLC episode.

Ogma: 
However... you saved me, Princess. I received not only my life, but also something far more important from you. And even after you leave for Altea and wed Prince Marth... That won't ever change. So, please let me thank you, Princess...

Caeda: 
Ogma... I must thank you too, Ogma. You've always stood by my side... Even in the previous war. You protected Marth for my sake... Even after I go to Altea... You will... always... always be my...

Ogma: 
Princess... Please don't cry. Tears don't suit you. From now on, you're going to live happily by Marth's side...

Caeda: 
Ogma... ...Thank you, Ogma...

LEO AND CAMILLA:

Also I crossed out Leo and Camilla because incest triggers people or whatever but I remember the same from some book or something? I can't remember what but I remember it was a thing. Also, to those doubting, please read the Japanese support conversation against the localized version.

Edited by Iris

I mean I won't deny that there are undertones, but it's just subtle enough to where it's left up for interpretation either way.

In any case, Fire Emblem has never exactly been shy about incest *glances at Genealogy*, so it seems strange to me that people would have problems now. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean I won't deny that there are undertones, but it's just subtle enough to where it's left up for interpretation either way.

i think it's kinda pushing it to call those "undertones"

like, if it wasn't already established that they were related, there'd be pretty much no doubt about it. but even then, it was mentioned in the book so.... yeah, it's intentional

12 minutes ago, Iris said:

Yeah, Ogma's thing for Caeda was definitely more overt than Reinhardt's for Ishtar. Don't think it was just a FE12 thing, and it was just as implied in his death quote like Catria's love was for Marth in FE3, or Linde's for Merrics in their endings. I don't think FE1 really implied too much about the character's relationships, since it seems like Palla -> Abel and Linde -> Merric was added in FE3, but who knows. E3 was just full of unrequited love, I guess!

If you're curious, check out Ogma's FE1 ending. FE12 definitely expanded upon it (like they did with Linde's love for Merric as well), through the Base Conversations, but most importantly in the DLC episode. The following is an excerpt where Ogma all but admits his love for Caeda.

Reveal hidden contents

From the FE12 DLC episode.

Ogma: 
However... you saved me, Princess. I received not only my life, but also something far more important from you. And even after you leave for Altea and wed Prince Marth... That won't ever change. So, please let me thank you, Princess...

Caeda: 
Ogma... I must thank you too, Ogma. You've always stood by my side... Even in the previous war. You protected Marth for my sake... Even after I go to Altea... You will... always... always be my...

Ogma: 
Princess... Please don't cry. Tears don't suit you. From now on, you're going to live happily by Marth's side...

Caeda: 
Ogma... ...Thank you, Ogma...

LEO AND CAMILLA:

Also I crossed out Leo and Camilla because incest triggers people ??? but I remember the same from some book or something? I can't remember what but I remember it was a thing. Also, to those doubting, please read the Japanese support conversation against the localized version.

i haven't played fe5 so I'm not sure about reinhardt and ishtar but wow I wasn't aware of this thanks

i think palla and abel was actually in fe2 though, since her death quote is actually something about Abel

i didn't actually know merric and linde's was implied in their fe3 endings either (i did know linde's ending but I didn't actually realize it was supposed to imply that), though I did know it was a thing in fe12, so that's interesting too

there are a lot of these

Reindhart and Ishtar is in one late game convo where a certain someone want to remove Reindhart from the court because of the way he look at Ishtar. He didn't actually have a proper dialogue that does mention it, so its all implication.

Thats a part of why i feel hes pretty underdeveloped, all we got out of Reindhart in FE5 is basically that we are told that he is actually a bastard, just like majority Tordo characters really

And yeah Ogma x Caeda is very much a thing but majority of that is basically the ussual loyalty thing. Its really the Gaiden chapters that implies it and its on Caeda's side. Its not hard to see how Ogma would rather dedicate his entire life for Caeda without marrying considering that Caeda saved Ogma's life and gave him a job - she's essentially his entire life

Edited by JSND

6 hours ago, Iris said:

Late, but I want to answer this:

"Dudes with unrequited crushes":

FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12: Hardin and Nyna, Ogma and Caeda, Caeda's harem

FE2: Tobin and Clair

FE5: Reinhardt and Ishtar

FE6: Gonzalez and Lilina

FE7: Kent and Lyn when Kent and Sain A support 

FE8: Lyon and Eirika, Carlyle and Ismaire

FE9: Gatrie and Everyone

FE14: Leo and Camilla

Probably more, but I can't remember.

Good to know! ...but some of these make me very uncomfortable. Lilina is just a kid, after all... I don't suppose there's any way that relationship could be interpreted as 'Lilina was nice to Gonzales, Gonzales must protect' or anything of the sort...

Carlyle and Ismaire as well I don't know if I'd count, that seems more like a Gaston -> Belle from beauty and the beast type deal where the man wants her but doesn't love or respect her really... I don't know much about shadow dragon but I'm hoping that's the case with Nyna and Hardin as well lol... yikes...

Leo and Camilla wtf. Also don't forget Narcian + all the jailbait

Well. I'm uncomfortable now. Glad I asked x3x

3 hours ago, Luchi said:

Team Over-rated ( Tellius version )

Ike, Mia, Nephenee, Soren

How dare you. 

14 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Good to know! ...but some of these make me very uncomfortable. Lilina is just a kid, after all... I don't suppose there's any way that relationship could be interpreted as 'Lilina was nice to Gonzales, Gonzales must protect' or anything of the sort...

Lilina is 15.

Marriageable age in Japan is 16 for females and 18 for males (requires parental consent if under 20). Age of consent in Japan is no less than 13 (i.e. local laws set their own age of consent and that age must be no less than 13), but is most commonly 18 in urban areas.

Marriageable age in the United States is 18 in most states (higher in several), but exceptions exist in most places for lower ages. Age of consent is usually between 16 and 18 depending on the state, but some states have close-age exceptions that can go down to 13 or exceptions for married couples with no age restrictions.

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

All I remember is that Leo was jealous of all the attention Camilla gave Corrin, but I didn't interpret that romantically/sexually. 

If one of your siblings was getting a lot more attention from the rest of the family than you, it's perfectly natural to be jealous and want them to pay attention to you too.

This is much more realistic then. I can see this being the case for sure. Camilla does give way too much attention to Corrin and that's a reason I don't like her.

Whatever Japan's laws are, it doesn't make some of them any less disturbing to me. Imo, 13 year olds should be in school and working on making a future for themselves, not having sex.

I was really surprised to find out how much unrequited love there is in Archanea. There's so much that it's silly and unrealistic, imo. And it's just sad.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is much more realistic then. I can see this being the case for sure. Camilla does give way too much attention to Corrin and that's a reason I don't like her.

Whatever Japan's laws are, it doesn't make some of them any less disturbing to me. Imo, 13 year olds should be in school and working on making a future for themselves, not having sex.

Based on your location of Pennsylvania and according to Wikipedia, Pennsylvania has a close-age exception for persons aged 13 through 15 for partners no more than 3 years older (though charges other than statutory rape can still apply).

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Based on your location of Pennsylvania and according to Wikipedia, Pennsylvania has a close-age exception for persons aged 13 through 15 for partners no more than 3 years older (though charges other than statutory rape can still apply).

I think that means that they can legally be in a romantic relationship, not that they can have sex. Generally, this country heavily looks down upon anyone 16 and younger having sex because of the possible consequences and the fact that they're still growing and developing. They are still kids in a sense that are working on a high school education or equivalent. So they're more likely to make mistakes and not use protection and wind up getting pregnant and dropping out. And a teen pregnancy is often not good for either the mother or the baby. There are increased risks of birth defects and disorders and junk.

And even if you're right and that law DOES mean 13 year olds can have sex here, I still don't agree with it and would never allow my child to have sex until they're 17 and that's only if they can be responsible about it.

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think that means that they can legally be in a romantic relationship, not that they can have sex. Generally, this country heavily looks down upon anyone 16 and younger having sex because of the possible consequences and the fact that they're still growing and developing. They are still kids in a sense that are working on a high school education or equivalent. So they're more likely to make mistakes and not use protection and wind up getting pregnant and dropping out. And a teen pregnancy is often not good for either the mother or the baby. There are increased risks of birth defects and disorders and junk.

And even if you're right and that law DOES mean 13 year olds can have sex here, I still don't agree with it and would never allow my child to have sex until they're 17 and that's only if they can be responsible about it.

Read paragraph 3 for the digest version and the entire subsection for specifics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#Pennsylvania.

You have every right to agree or disagree with the law for any reason, but what's legal is legal and what's not is not. Morality is subjective and is something I don't care to argue because arguments of the sort never go anywhere.

As for the actual argument, Lilina is 1 year away from the marriageable age in Japan as of the start of FE6. It's not off the rails to say she's marriageable by around the end of FE6 or very soon after. Whether or not Hector will consent to it from his grave is another matter.

EDIT: Some more reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States.

In most states, 16 is marriageable with parental and/or judicial consent.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Carlyle and Ismaire as well I don't know if I'd count, that seems more like a Gaston -> Belle from beauty and the beast type deal where the man wants her but doesn't love or respect her really... I don't know much about shadow dragon but I'm hoping that's the case with Nyna and Hardin as well lol... yikes...

Leo and Camilla wtf. Also don't forget Narcian + all the jailbait

Well. I'm uncomfortable now. Glad I asked x3x

How dare you. 

It's been a while since I've played FE6, but wasn't Gonzales rather developmentally-challenged, as it were?  I kind of read the situation more as a schoolboy crush than a budding romance.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Read paragraph 3 for the digest version and the entire subsection for specifics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#Pennsylvania.

You have every right to agree or disagree with the law for any reason, but what's legal is legal and what's not is not. Morality is subjective and is something I don't care to argue because arguments of the sort never go anywhere.

As for the actual argument, Lilina is 1 year away from the marriageable age in Japan as of the start of FE6. It's not off the rails to say she's marriageable by around the end of FE6 or very soon after. Whether or not Hector will consent to it from his grave is another matter.

EDIT: Some more reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States.

In most states, 16 is marriageable with parental and/or judicial consent.

I don't care, you're still not going to make me agree with it, because you can't do that.

Christ... Can we... can we please take the statutory rape discussion elsewhere and just get back on topic... I'm sorry I even said anything if this is what it's coming to, jeezus. @Anacybele @Ice Dragon I realize I'm the one who ignited this shitstorm, but I'll thank you both immeasurably not to make another post that isn't related to the initial subject of the thread... If you need to discuss it that badly, exercise a little self-control and take it to PMs or something. 

@JJ48 I mean, I guess that could be it... I don't imagine pure baby Gonzo would have any feelings less innocent than that for her anyway so I guesssss that's not as bad....?

....ANYWAY....

Team Reincarnation / Spiritual Successor: Chrom/Lucina, Reinhardt, Corrin, ? (possibly other GotHW ppl I don't know about)

Team Twintails: 4x of Lissa, Elise, Serra, Peri, Selena (+ anyone else I missed)

Team Who's-Your-Daddy: Odin, Selena, Laslow, Raigh (I'm funny)

Edited by BANRYU

I'm hoping they eventually release Murdock and Brenya (as a blue mage) as GHB characters so I can rock a Zephiel + Three Dragon Generals squad.  Two greens/two armors is probably asking for trouble, but I'm sure some would get a kick out of seeing it as a defense team in the arena. 

3 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

In any case, Fire Emblem has never exactly been shy about incest *glances at Genealogy*, so it seems strange to me that people would have problems now. 

So allegedly in the Making of Fire Emblem: 25th Anniversary book it explains that Leo actually harbored a romantic crush towards Camilla. . . which I think is completely true. Let me point out that Camilla and Leo are half siblings (which doesn't make it any less creepy) but it feels like it's in the same vein as Eldigan/Lachesis (except more unrequited).

3 hours ago, unique said:

i think palla and abel was actually in fe2 though, since her death quote is actually something about Abel

i didn't actually know merric and linde's was implied in their fe3 endings either (i did know linde's ending but I didn't actually realize it was supposed to imply that), though I did know it was a thing in fe12, so that's interesting too

You're right that Abel/Palla started in FE2.

It's only implied on Linde's ending, but all evidence leads to the idea that the person she was in love with is Merric. FE3 Book 2 was pretty brief in character endings, it was probably supposed to mean something that they specifically mentioned Linde falling in love at the academy that Merric created.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was really surprised to find out how much unrequited love there is in Archanea. There's so much that it's silly and unrealistic, imo. And it's just sad.

After analyzing FE3's story, it's probably not that surprising! Love is a huge theme in Archanea, and IS really hyped up Artemis' curse (it's part of Archanea's lore, the backstory of the Fire Emblem is associated with this love-that-could-not-be). Also I think the fact that there is a lot unrequited love is because (1) Shouzou Kaga, creator of Fire Emblem who worked through it until FE5 might have liked it and/whoever wrote FE11/FE13 was also a huge fan of it but more importantly (2) that this fits in line with the linearity and gameplay of FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12.Everyone in Archanea that experiences an unrequited love has it because the endings are linear, and the object of their affections is always in love with someone else. The support system was introduced in FE6 and fine-tuned in FE7 (so people other than Roy could get paired endings . . . ), and thus multiple pairings became a thing and less prevalent in future games. Cordelia was made specifically as an homage to the unrequited love in Archanea but mostly Catria, and they probably liked the idea so much they kept it for Flora/Jakob and Scarlet/Ryoma, which I'm calling BS on because I believe Jakob and Ryoma would reciprocate if they knew.

Unrequited love is still tragic, though. :(

-

Also for those calling Gonzalez's crush on Lilina creepy, it's no creepier than Rutger and Clarine's age difference. Clarine is listed to be in her teens, and Rutger and Gonzalez are somewhere in their 20s. I know Rutger is an incredibly handsome man, and Gonzalez is like the hunchback of Notre Dame, which I think is the more subconscious reasoning on why people find Gonzalez's crush creepy. For age differences in general, I picture Fire Emblem society to be more similar to Medieval Europe's than modern day society, so I'm not as surprised to see these age differences.

-

I just wanted to answer Banryu's question and didn't want to derail the thread, but would be happy to discuss this topic in General FE~

TEAM MEMEZ: Wrys, Ardan, Dorcas, and . . . Oliver? Pretty diverse team, we have representation from all the continents featuring two games (Archanea, Jugdral, Elibe and Tellius).

56 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't care, you're still not going to make me agree with it, because you can't do that.

I have no intention of or interest in changing your opinion. I'm simply saying that your interpretation of the law was incorrect.

44 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm hoping they eventually release Murdock and Brenya (as a blue mage) as GHB characters so I can rock a Zephiel + Three Dragon Generals squad.  Two greens/two armors is probably asking for trouble, but I'm sure some would get a kick out of seeing it as a defense team in the arena. 

You can probably get a more balanced team running the end-game boss team of Zephiel, Brunnya, Jahn, and Idenn, depending on Brunnya's and Idenn's colors.

Speaking of end-game bosses, Team GBA Final Bosses Zephiel, Idenn, Nergal, and Lyon would be fun to use, even if three of those are almost guaranteed to be red (Zephiel is guaranteed, Nergal and Lyon are highly likely due to using dark magic).

Considering your team is 4 units... Monster Hunter Party Greatsword Zephiel (Eckesachs) (biggest sword), Lance Effie/Gwendolyn (Heavy Spear+) (lance-shaped lance plus shield), Hammer Cherche (Hammer+) (pro Aerial Hammer mount, could use Michalis instead for a mounted Rathalos), and Bow anyone with an Assassin Bow+ (most over-designed bow in the game). Perhaps replace one of them with a cat Laguz once those exist for Beast Prowler.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Iris It's okay I know you didn't intend for things to get this out of hand, and I appreciate you answering my kinda-unspoken inquiry haha. 

EDIT: PS I didn't know Arden was the subject of memes :0 There's also always Takumi (Blame takumi, etc.), AKA the prince of Fates memes. 

@Ice Dragon Nice. A++ Monster Hunter references hahah. Mike works as like a nod to MonHun Stories where they're riding them and whatnot heh. 

Team Double Date (Archanea edition) : Marth, Caeda, Abel, Est

Team Double Date (Elibe edition) : Eliwood, Ninian, Hector, Lyn / Florina

Team 4ever alone: Ogma, Catria, Palla, Linde (inspired by all the talk of unrequited love lol ur welcome.)

Team Disgusting (AKA Team Inviting-Hypocisy-Accuasations-After-Asking-Everyone-Not-to-Talk-About-Controversial-Shit) : any 2 of the following pairs: Ephraim + Eirika, Eldigan + Lachesis, Raven + Priscilla, Leo + Camilla apparently

Spoiler

Team I'm not gay ur gay: Raven, Lucius, Lyn, Florina

Edited by BANRYU

You could include Gatrie and Mist in the 4ever alone team too given their endings (Mist's solo ending anyway).

Oh, and speaking of Gatrie...

Team Womanizers: Sain, Gatrie, Inigo, Virion

Edited by Anacybele