Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

Well, I did on Hard

My account is new so I don't have the right units to do it on Lunatic (or maybe I have, but I honestly dont want to spend stamina trying to level up units)

So I am completely satisfied, Ive already upgraded Navarre to a 4* and he wil be the first to use my 20k feathers lol

Team: Klein 5*, Jaffar 5*, Sheena 4*, Olivia 3*

Edited by Maymeimai

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody give me some advice on how to proceed?

I can't figure anything out.

I've a [+Def, −HP] Catria, a [+HP, −Spd] Eirika, a [+Atk, −HP] Lilina, a [+Res, −Atk] Lyn, a [+HP, −Def] Seliph and Sharena all at 5⋆ lvl 40.
I also have a [+Atk, −Spd] Effie, a [+Spd, −Atk] Abel, a [+Atk, −Res] Gronnblade Cecilia, a [+Atk, −Def] Gordin, an Anna, an Alfonse, a Michalis, an Ursula, an F!Robin all at 4⋆ lvl 40; a [+Def, −Res] 4⋆ lvl 38 Nino, and am currently leveling a lvl 33 Donny.

Ah, of course, 3⋆ lvl 40 Narcian and Subaki, and 3⋆ lvl 32 Olivia. And a 5⋆ lvl 32 [+Spd, −Res] Ninian.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

If you train Cordelia to the point where she can one round Navarre, you can copy my strategy. You should use Lyn, Cordelia, Takumi and a dancer (will not see combat).

Use Takumi to lure the right-most dagger and then kill him next turn. Meanwhile position evryone else at the bottom of the map so Navarre can't reach them.

Next turn have Cordelia kill Navarre and then have Lyn attack the thief behind her, so Takumi can finish him of. Make sure Takumi is out of reach of the axe user by being behind Lyn, you may need to dance Cordelia away for it to work (but you have a dancer for that).

Lyn should be able to kill the axe user, leaving only the healer to left.

Edit. It's alost exactly Kiran's strategy, but I think killing the second thief with Cordelia leaves her exposed to the axe user.

If you put Takumi above the mountain, the axe shouldn't be able to come after Cordelia. But either of our strats should work 

I could use some help.  On my cavalry account, I have 5 5* cavalry units which have plowed through every GH and arena match so far.  However, this one seems to be specifically crafted to screw over horse teams.  If you can't go through trees, you have exactly one entry point.  So, either I rush in with four horses and try to take out the entire GH battle in one turn (don't think so) or I train a nonhorsie.  Obviously, I'd prefer to use a 4* and get him to lvl 40 rather than promoting a 3*, but here are all my options.  I think the best approach is to get someone who can kill the dagger unit in one turn and help out a bit afterwards. 

4* Effie
4* Odin
4* Michalis
4* F!Corrin
4* Nowi

3* Navarre
3* A!Tiki
3* Robin (currently thinking he'd be the best, but he's 3*)
2* Olivia

Which unit should I train for this?

Just now, Kiran said:

If you put Takumi above the mountain, the axe shouldn't be able to come after Cordelia. But either of our strats should work 

Ah, it seems I made it harder for myself by putting him in the wrong spot. Indeed, in that case he is one more tile away, giving you the time to reposition for a turn. Thanks for explaining.

My five stars Kagero was brutal on this map and Sharena/Seliph could tank the rest on the frontline with Julia doing massive dmg for finishes while simultaneously healing those taking the hits.

Beat in one attempt but also the first Grand Hero Battle that I finish on Lunatic. 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Can anybody give me some advice on how to proceed?

I can't figure anything out.

I've a [+Def, −HP] Catria, a [+HP, −Spd] Eirika, a [+Atk, −HP] Lilina, a [+Res, −Atk] Lyn, a [+HP, −Def] Seliph and Sharena all at 5⋆ lvl 40.
I also have a [+Atk, −Spd] Effie, a [+Spd, −Atk] Abel, a [+Atk, −Res] Gronnblade Cecilia, a [+Atk, −Def] Gordin, an Anna, an Alfonse, a Michalis, an Ursula, an F!Robin all at 4⋆ lvl 40; a [+Def, −Res] 4⋆ lvl 38 Nino, and am currently leveling a lvl 33 Donny.

Ah, of course, 3⋆ lvl 40 Narcian and Subaki, and 3⋆ lvl 32 Olivia. And a 5⋆ lvl 32 [+Spd, −Res] Ninian.

I don;t know Gordin's stats off hand, but if he can survive being doubled by the silver dagger ninja(44 mt with death blow) then he should be able to return fire and kill on player phase, since brave bow shouldn't be effected by bowbreaker. If you bring a dancer you can pull him out of danger afterwards. Abel can easily take care of Navarre, and Eirika can handle the axe fighter, and provide buffs to your other units. So I would try Eirika/Abel/Ninian/Gordin out of what you have there.

1 minute ago, Ether said:

I don;t know Gordin's stats off hand, but if he can survive being doubled by the silver dagger ninja(44 mt with death blow) then he should be able to return fire and kill on player phase, since brave bow shouldn't be effected by bowbreaker. If you bring a dancer you can pull him out of danger afterwards. Abel can easily take care of Navarre, and Eirika can handle the axe fighter, and provide buffs to your other units. So I would try Eirika/Abel/Ninian/Gordin out of what you have there.

Gordin can take those hits. My Takumi could, and Gordin is bulkier (okay at 4* with -DEF they are about the same, but whatever). Gordin is actually perfect for the job, since he is so slow you expect him to get doubled anyway.

Surprised that it's not a poison dagger. and instead a rogue dagger.
Hard was easy enough. Lunatic gave me some trouble.

Here I thought Robin was going to tank the daggers. Next thing I know, he's at 1HP.

Just now, Falcom said:

Surprised that it's not a poison dagger. and instead a rogue dagger.
Hard was easy enough. Lunatic gave me some trouble.

Here I thought Robin was going to tank the daggers. Next thing I know, he's at 1HP.

Yea... that rogue dagger alone is what made lyn get destroyed from the other units. the defence drops were not nice.

@Anacybele Would you mind posting the stats of your Robin (and also the skills Robin has), Marth, and Abel? I'll see if I can do some number crunching for you and figure out a workable strategy (Olivia's stats are largely irrelevant because it's perfectly possible to keep her entirely out of harm's way). 

EDIT: Also have you taken a look at the video of the person beating this map on Lunatic using only 3* free units? It may be helpful to you (I can repost it for you if you can't find it). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

9 minutes ago, Ether said:

How do I pull the silver dagger without pulling Navarre? Gordin can tank the hits, I checked now.
Abel can only delete Navarre when boosted by Eirika or the like, as he's −Atk.
Do I move Eirika straight inside the axe's zone of control or somehow pull him away?

This team's stats for those who might need them:

Eirika (5⋆ level 40):
45 HP / 42 Atk / 32 Spd / 26 Def / 28 Res; Sieglinde / Pivot / Drag Back / Hone Spd 3 (all vanilla skills)

Abel (4⋆ level 40):
40 HP / 32 Atk / 28 Spd / 24 Def / 23 Res; Brave Lance / Aegis / HP +4 / Swordbreaker 3 (all vanilla skills)

Gordin (4⋆ level 40):
40 HP / 39 Atk / 18 Spd / 27 Def / 15 Res; Brave Bow / Showe / Draconic Aurs / Atk + 3 / Vantage 2 / Hone Atk +1 (mostly vanilla)

Ninian (5⋆ level 32):
36 HP / 35 Atk / 28 Spd / 20 Def / 19 Res; Light Breath+ / Dance / Escape Route 2 / Fortify Def 2 (vanilla)

Edited by Vaximillian

It seems the common set-up is:

-1 range unit that can survive a hit from one dagger, preferably also able to take them out next turn. 

- Blue unit with decent def. Preferably one with brave lance. 

- Dancer

- decent red unit that can take out the axe

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How do I pull the silver dagger without pulling Navarre? Gordin can tank the hits, I checked now.

Do I move Eirika straight inside the axe's zone of control or somehow pull him away?

Put Gordin in the trees. Might be beneficial to place him in the tree above the mountain as it ensures that the axe is 1 tile further from your main force.

Edited by Kiran

God I had an even easier time with this one than with Michalis... Robin + Kagero for the thieves, Tiki for the axefighter, and then the three of them in conjunction eat Navarre and the healer. Did Lunatic in 2 attempts while waking up...

Man did I just get lucky with my team comp or is this one actually easy....??

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Put Gordon on one of the southern forest tiles so he is only in range of dagger. Navarre and the other dagger will come towards you while the rest stays with the first dagger. If you place your units south Navarre and his dagger will follow giving Abel time to ambush them. The trick is letting them come to you.

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

God I had an even easier time with this one than with Michalis... Robin + Kagero for the thieves, Tiki for the axefighter, and then the three of them in conjunction eat Navarre and the healer. Did Lunatic in 2 attempts while waking up...

Man did I just get lucky with my team comp or is this one actually easy....??

Looking around the thread, the general consensus seems to be that most people found this to be the easiest GHB yet.

That said, congrats on your victory and shiny new Navarre :D

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Well, what I did was put my ranged unit(in my case Jaffar, in yours Gordin) on the forest to the south of the fighter. plop Eirika next to him for the buffs. The dagger will attack Gordin, and then the healer and the fighter should both try to heal him. Buffed Gordin should be able to ORKO him on player phase without getting countered, while Navarre and the second ninja should move towards you in the choke. Set yourself up out of range with Abel and Gordin getting the buffs, and they can blow up Navarre and the ninja on your next player phase, and Eirika can pivot onto the frontlines, only needing to face the fighter and the healer. 

15 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

My five stars Kagero was brutal on this map and Sharena/Seliph could tank the rest on the frontline with Julia doing massive dmg for finishes while simultaneously healing those taking the hits.

Beat in one attempt but also the first Grand Hero Battle that I finish on Lunatic. 

Nice, do you think it would work with Effie instead of Sharena?

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Looking around the thread, the general consensus seems to be that most people found this to be the easiest GHB yet.

That said, congrats on your victory and shiny new Navarre :D

hah thanks man xD

Hope the people still struggling manage to work out their solutions!

Just now, immatx said:

Nice, do you think it would work with Effie instead of Sharena?

So long as you can keep Effie away from the Hammer, she should work well enough at killing Navarre and tanking the ninjas if you need her to. I don't know how much her lack of mobility will hurt though.

@immatx I don't know if this will help at all, but you can take a look at what I did and see if that helps you with positioning or anything else:

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70610-grand-hero-battle-navarre/&do=findComment&comment=4778699

Anyone know a good unit that can ORKO Navarre specifically?