Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I request that you refrain from making these threads until the event is announced?  Not everyone appreciates datamined spoilers.

The Grand Hero Battle threads can be made a bit earlier, since they've already been announced.  Please don't make the thread any earlier than the Monday before the event, unless there's a special event a la Michalis' early preview.

4 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I can only hope this will be the final, but I know it likely won't.

3b4.png.bef7c3c839de3ad717dab49afc079477.png

It would be impossible because beruka and Camilla are on the same side.

It's not that it's not likely, it would be impossible. But if it's the first match up I want to see how bad the curb stomp age is

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

It would be impossible because beruka and Camilla are on the same side.

It's not that it's not likely, it would be impossible. But if it's the first match up I want to see how bad the curb stomp age is

If it's the first match up, I'll cry. Our adorable quiet assassin can't drop out that quickly.

33 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

If it's the first match up, I'll cry. Our adorable quiet assassin can't drop out that quickly.

I really question her capabilities as an assassin. What assassin runs around silently killing people, with a fricking axe? It just doesn't quite make sense.

Oh well, to each her own I guess

What I expect for 1st Round

Wyvern riders:

Camilla advances obvs against whoever

Cherche advances if not pitted against Camilla

Minerva advances if not pitted Against Camilla or Cherche

Beruka loses easily

Pegasus/Sky Knights:

Cordelia advances against whoever

Subaki lol forget about it GONE to the shadow realm never to be seen again

Palla probably not unless its against Subaki

Hinoka advances if its against Palla or Subaki

I dunno, I might just sign up with Camilla for the feathers.  If there were any wyvrens / pegasus that I care about, I would lose for them, but as it stands there's not.  I'd rather have feathers than support someone I don't care about just so someone I care about less still wins.

55 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Minerva advances if not pitted Against Camilla or Cherche

Maybe I'm stupid, or I'm missing something.

But how in the name of all that is Anna, would Minerva lose to Cherche?

Can somebody explain this to me!?

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I imagine her support will be larger than you'd expect because of how large the Awakening fanbase is, not to mention how Cherche is one of the more popular Awakening females. 

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Cherche is more popular and well known especially to Awakening fans (myself included) plus almost beaten Cordelia in the JP Awakening poll.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well, Minerva is just a wyvern, she can't stand against her master. Just kidding.

Edited by Hardy

There's Lucina, Cordelia, Tharja... Perhaps Tiki? I'd imagine those are the four that come before Cherche in terms of popularity. I don't know, I'd need to look at some actual polls, but thinking about it, I guess I probably could have guessed that she's pretty popular. But isn't Minerva quite popular, too? Or maybe I just think that because I've seen her name around quite a bit.

Anyway, I do think it could be dangerous to overestimate characters from awakening just for the sake of being from awakening. After all, as popular as the later games are, there are still unpopular characters. I mean, no one expects Subaki to get anywhere. :p

Edit: Oh, and of course there's Severa, but I never really understood why she was so incredibly popular. I mean... it can't just be because she's a tsundere, right?

Edited by Frenzify

7 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

There's Lucina, Cordelia, Tharja... Perhaps Tiki? I'd imagine those are the four that come before Cherche in terms of popularity. I don't know, I'd need to look at some actual polls, but thinking about it, I guess I probably could have guessed that she's pretty popular. But isn't Minerva quite popular, too? Or maybe I just think that because I've seen her name around quite a bit.

Anyway, I do think it could be dangerous to overestimate characters from awakening just for the sake of being from awakening. After all, as popular as the later games are, there are still unpopular characters. I mean, no one expects Subaki to get anywhere. :p

Its this one even bested Tiki she is Lucina's palette swap in Smash for a reason.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

18 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I imagine her support will be larger than you'd expect because of how large the Awakening fanbase is, not to mention how Cherche is one of the more popular Awakening females. 

I guess it's because I look at the stats too much

Minerva is out here in these streets with some pretty decent stats. Without life and death, minerva actually has a flaming chance in oblivion to live hits more than Cherche because she has high speed, high defense, and better resistance. So what, cherche has more attack and hp? You can't really use it when you're doubled by pretty much everything in the game (exaggeration). 

And Minerva has 1 more stat point too :P

8 minutes ago, Hardy said:

Well, Minevar is just a wyvern, she can't stand against her master. Just kidding.

Oh right! What was I even thinking?

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

I guess it's because I look at the stats too much

Minerva is out here in these streets with some pretty decent stats. Without life and death, minerva actually has a flaming chance in oblivion to love hits more than Cherche because she has high speed, high defense, and better resistance. So what, cherche has more attack and hp? You can't really use it when you're doubled by pretty much everything in the game (exaggeration). 

Looking at stats would give you even MORE reason to like Cherche, who has the second highest base attack in the entire game (second only to Effie). Stick a Brave Axe+ on her and no other axe unit or brave unit even comes close to her damage potential. Cherche's low spd is largely irrelevant because you can just delete an enemy on player phase before they can retaliate while staying out of range of the others (not to mention her HP and Def are more than sufficient to take multiple blue lance hits, double or not). 

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

This may be really irrelevant, but I'm pretty happy with where Maribelle came, at 14th. I feel like the girls above her are pretty established as quite popular, so I'm glad with her being solidly mid-tier. Even above Sumia. Good to know it's only the vocal minority who consider who absolute trash. I also find it funny that my favourite guy, Frederick, is also 14th. I seem to like the very mediocre characters. :D

On topic, I don't know how secure it would be for Cherche, even with that popularity. After all, some people who like her may not even back her initially. They may go for Cordelia, who, as the poll says, is more popular, thus splitting the vote. And still, maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to vaguely recall Minerva being pretty popular.

5 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

This may be really irrelevant, but I'm pretty happy with where Maribelle came, at 14th. I feel like the girls above her are pretty established as quite popular, so I'm glad with her being solidly mid-tier. Even above Sumia. Good to know it's only the vocal minority who consider who absolute trash. I also find it funny that my favourite guy, Frederick, is also 14th. I seem to like the very mediocre characters. :D

On topic, I don't know how secure it would be for Cherche, even with that popularity. After all, some people who like her may not even back her initially. They may go for Cordelia, who, as the poll says, is more popular, thus splitting the vote. And still, maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to vaguely recall Minerva being pretty popular.

Not many like Cordelia I seen boards also fans of Awakening dont know Minerva the Human until Heroes but Minerva the Wyvern.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Looking at stats would give you even MORE reason to like Cherche, who has the second highest base attack in the entire game (second only to Effie). Stick a Brave Axe+ on her and no other axe unit or brave unit even comes close to her damage potential. Cherche's low spd is largely irrelevant because you can just delete an enemy on player phase before they can retaliate while staying out of range of the others (not to mention her HP and Def are more than sufficient to take multiple blue lance hits, double or not). 

Heh, like I'd pour 20,000 feathers into a unit just to use her to her full potential. Where as, minerva already comes as a 5 star and all you gotta do is a few tweaks to make her a little more filthy. 

I'm not saying she sucks, because she doesn't. She's obviously one of the strongest units in the game attack wise. But from my point of view, what's the point in even having high HP and defense if you're still gonna get doubled by the slightest sneeze by Nino. Even M Robin does decent damage and he has basically 10 attack in the world of mages (exaggeration). 

Spoiler

That HP stat is kinda busted though, not even gonna lie. 49 at + just seems a little broken. Just a little bit.

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh, like I'd pour 20,000 feathers into a unit just to use her to her full potential. Where as, minerva already comes as a 5 star and all you gotta do is a few tweaks to make her a little more filthy. 

I'm not saying she sucks, because she doesn't. She's obviously one of the strongest units in the game attack wise. But from my point of view, what's the point in even having high HP and defense if you're still gonna get doubled by the slightest sneeze by Nino. Even M Robin does decent damage and he has basically 10 attack in the world of mages (exaggeration). 

Hide contents

That HP stat is kinda busted though, not even gonna lie. 49 at + just seems a little broken. Just a little bit.

I mean if you already have full teams of 5*s there's not much else to do with feathers but to upgrade currently-weaker units to their full potential and make them better than what you have :/

(Also if you're leaving Cherche in range of Nino you're playing the game wrong)

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean if you already have full teams of 5*s there's not much else to do with feathers but to upgrade currently-weaker units to their full potential and make them better than what you have :/

(Also if you're leaving Cherche in range of Nino you're playing the game wrong)

I guess that's true. Even so, there are still a million other units better to promote than Cherche. Her pivot is also quite useful for other units too heh.

Anybody think they'll keep the same reward goal for the orbs? Cause to me we hit that way too quick. 20 orbs is pretty generous but, sheesh. When Lucina reaches the first goal with her points alone then, as a famous rapper once said:

"What's the point in even tryin'?"

21 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I guess that's true. Even so, there are still a million other units better to promote than Cherche. Her pivot is also quite useful for other units too heh.

Anybody think they'll keep the same reward goal for the orbs? Cause to me we hit that way too quick. 20 orbs is pretty generous but, sheesh. When Lucina reaches the first goal with her points alone then, as a famous rapper once said:

"What's the point in even tryin'?"

I mean we don't all have those "million other units" (also which units are you even referring to? Bc Cherche is arguably the green melee unit not named Hector with the most potential (I specify melee bc Gronnblade trumps all)).

Edited by MaskedAmpharos