Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

I know nothing of Jugdral (only games I have yet to play are the Archanea and Jugdral games), so you guys all have an equal chance to convince me to support your cause (should a Jugdral gauntlet ever come to light). 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I know nothing of Jugdral (only games I have yet to play are the Archanea and Jugdral games), so you guys all have an equal chance to convince me to support your cause (should a Jugdral gauntlet ever come to light). 

You are obligated to back the Goddess of War, Ishtar, should she ever compete in the Gauntlet.

I might start Genealogy of the Holy War during break, actually. Looking forward to more Jugdral since I'm not very familar with it anyway.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You are obligated to back the Goddess of War, Ishtar, should she ever compete in the Gauntlet.

I might start Genealogy of the Holy War during break, actually. Looking forward to more Jugdral since I'm not very familar with it anyway.

IIRC Ishtar is the person Reinhardt serves, so I'd actually be pretty easily convinced tbh. 

If Julia's in a gauntlet though, I'd feel obligated to back her considering how much work she's put in for my team (not to mention I have a +1 Julia I could use for the event). 

EDIT: I looked up Ishtar. I am convinced.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

OG's or bust

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I haven't played any of the Jugdral games either. I might try Genealogy sometime soon. Or not. I don't know yet.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶j̶e̶l̶l̶y̶

The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not these same people will be on the same team as me the next time, or if they end up being my mortal enemies heh

As long as you keep up the good taste, we can still be allies!

Edit: If there is a Jugdral gauntlet, I want Arya and Sigurd as characters!!!!!

Edited by Cossack>Cavalier

4 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

As long as you keep up the good taste, we can still be allies!

Edit: If there is a Jugdral gauntlet, I want Arya and Sigurd as characters!!!!!

Ah yes, those are also names I recognize.

I believe @Thor Odinson is the primary Ayra supporter on SF? (that I know of anyways)

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You just destroyed a whole side of the gauntlet. (and that's not the children's one)

45 minutes ago, unique said:

how is that fair at all though, I can't see a single replacement beating the character they're replacing

i would love for amid to beat arthur, but I can't see that happening

44 minutes ago, salinea said:

Poor substitutes...

Guys, it wouldn't be all that bad, there wouldn't be a fanservice character (I think). There will also be plenty of people who have never played a game set in Jugrdal and won't know the difference between the children and the substitutes. At the very least it won't be a slaughterfest.

32 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Can I please have this? PLEASE!

29 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Ah yes, those are also names I recognize.

I believe @Thor Odinson is the primary Ayra supporter on SF? (that I know of anyways)

You called

Yeah Ayra's tied with Ryoma as my favorite character in all FE. If she comes out and I don't get her with my on-hand orbs I may have to break my f2p streak.

Edited by Thor Odinson

In the interest of actually posting before this thread reaches the end of its natural life (seriously, I still have 60 fracking pages to go through), I'll share my overall thoughts.

On the whole, I had a blast with this gauntlet.  IS did a great job fixing a few particularly irksome issues with the first iteration: the feather rewards felt a good deal more balanced this time around while still maintaining their intended boost in the final round, and reseting the flag quests each round helped immensely improve the experience for those "burn through all your flags as soon as you get them" types (i.e., myself and a fair amount of the casual horde) without significantly lessening the effectiveness of hoarding or selective splurging.

I also personally had more fun on the match-to-match grind for this gauntlet.  Part of this was due to backing one particularly enjoyable unit throughout the entire gauntlet (yes, I was a proud member of Camilla's legion) as opposed to switching from Elise -> Chrom -> Lucina.  A more significant factor was that this gauntlet seemed notably more diverse in terms of teammates.  Anyone who was on Team Chrom or Team Lucina last time can probably confirm my assertions, but roughly 40% of the time, I was stuck using mono-red sword teams (typically Lyn + Lucina + Lucina/Chrom) against an onslaught of blue forces, which is neither enjoyable nor particularly stimulating.  Contrast it with this time, where it never got any worse than 2x Camilla + Lucina, which at least offered slightly varied gameplay options.

However, I had one particular issue with this gauntlet, one that the last gauntlet managed to avoid: outside of possibly Subaki v. Beruka, none of the matchups were particularly exciting to participate in/hear about.  I 100% understand I brought the former upon myself; for better or worse, Camilla rofl-stomped everyone in her path, and that is something we have to get accustomed to in future brackets (ex: Hector in an armors bracket, Tharja and Miciah in a mages bracket, and Ike in any bracket whatsoever).  However, I don't think I was out of line to hope that the other half of the gauntlet would have been more interesting... Except Minerva basically got floated through to the finals without a challenge, no offense intended to the people's champ, Subaki.  I personally think Cordelia v. Minerva would have at least been a teeny bit more exciting, but I guess an exclusively Fates bracket would be a bit redundant.

Overall, I did pretty well for myself (I got 1711 total rank even with horrible time management and some flag spending inefficiencies) and had quite a lot of fun this go around, and here's hoping that the next bracket is a little more competitive (I need my Manakete v. Taguel/Laguz gauntlet soon, Nintendo).

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

You called

Yeah Ayra's tied with Ryoma as my favorite character in all FE. If she comes out and I don't get her with my on-hand orbs I may have to break my f2p streak.

How broken if she comes with the original form of Astra, eh?

2 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Option 1: 5x damage. Overkill is best kill.

Option 2: Actually hit 5 times: Oh look special counter is up again. Nice.

I hope they build her around hitting people a bajillion times in a round because that was her thing

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

[Skill]% activation chance? Literally unplayable with lack of Skill stat in this game :(

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Option 1: 5x damage. Overkill is best kill.

Option 2: Actually hit 5 times: Oh look special counter is up again. Nice.

I hope they build her around hitting people a bajillion times in a round because that was her thing

I'll take option 3: Both option 1 and option 2 combined.

The only real issue I have with implementing her is that dodge isn't a thing.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

[Skill]% activation chance? Literally unplayable with lack of Skill stat in this game :(

Nah, all [skill]% activations got simplified into counters, of course. I meant her shooting star sword (aka: astra) which is 5 consecutive hits at regular damage.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

You called

I broke my F2P streak trying to get Minerva in the previous banner. I didn't get her, I pulled Cherche instead. So sad :'( . I learned my lesson though... I didn't put any money towards this banner, instead just opting to use only the free orbs to summon more Cherche.

3 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

Overall, I did pretty well for myself (I got 1711 total rank even with horrible time management and some flag spending inefficiencies) and had quite a lot of fun this go around, and here's hoping that the next bracket is a little more competitive (I need my Manakete v. Taguel/Laguz gauntlet soon, Nintendo).

Tiki ftw! Dragonstone vs. beaststone would be pretty cool though.

Nah, all [skill]% activations got simplified into counters, of course. I meant her shooting star sword (aka: astra) which is 5 consecutive hits at regular damage.

That was just me trying to crack a joke. I tried too hard and it shattered though :(

Just now, Vaximillian said:

That was just me trying to crack a joke. I tried too hard and it shattered though :(

Ha, apologies. I thought you might have been joking, but I also didn't want to come across as rude in case it was a legitimate brain fart.

It would be cool if they gave us Hardin tbh

Even better, gave us 4 Hardin - Cavalier with Silver Sword, Cavalier with Gradivus, Uncorrupted Hardin, and Corrupted Hardin lol

Edited by JSND

Just now, Astellius said:

I broke my F2P streak trying to get Minerva in the previous banner. I didn't get her, I pulled Cherche instead. So sad :'( . I learned my lesson though... I didn't put any money towards this banner, instead just opting to use only the free orbs to summon more Cherche.

I'm giving myself an upper limit of like, $40 range max I'm allowed, for just Ayra. Not even for Shanan or Larcei or Seth. But ideally I hope the next few banners don't have someone I want on it so I can focus on saving up. Then when she comes I'm gonna pull all red. 

I was fortunate enough to get Minerva on the Michalis banner, so I'm glad about that.

I'll take option 3: Both option 1 and option 2 combined.

The only real issue I have with implementing her is that dodge isn't a thing.

Yeah that is a thing the myrms are missing isn't it

I just hope she's good. If she's not I'll spend all the feathers to make her good.

@Astellius Fun thing: I got two heroes connected to Minerva in the wyvern banner: Cherche, whose dragon is called Minerva, and Fae, who literally is a dragon.
No Minerva though. Welp.

@Cossack>Cavalier That was fine, my sense of humour is weird. 5 counter Astra is still too unpractical, as illustrated by Lyn and Anna.

@Thor Odinson That's the spirit! I'm doing the same with Gordin and Navarre. Two Karels can't come home soon enough (one for his Wo Dao+, another for collection).

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Thor Odinson That's the spirit! I'm doing the same with Gordin and Navarre. Two Karels can't come home soon enough (one for his Wo Dao+, another for collection).

Yeah I really want to make Navarre good too. He's also one of my favorites. I can't promote him to 5* yet because Olivia has dibs on the 20k I have on hand for being my actual arena squad, though, but I kinda want to make a Navarre+1 so that's...40k? rip me

And yeah, if I ever get 2 Karels, Navarre's getting the second one's WD+

I actually had Ryoma's Astra do a nice save on occasion---enemy hits him once, he hits enemy twice, that's 3 down. It comes up a lot when I want him to vantage something and Astra is up to guarantee that OHKO. I kinda just want to keep it on him instead of giving Moonbow or something since I use him mostly as a countertank anyway and against most things I actually let him take hits from (aka not blues) Astra will likely oneshot and that's great with vantage, whereas I'm not sure if Moonbow can secure the OHKO. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm giving myself an upper limit of like, $40 range max I'm allowed, for just Ayra. Not even for Shanan or Larcei or Seth. But ideally I hope the next few banners don't have someone I want on it so I can focus on saving up. Then when she comes I'm gonna pull all red. 

I was fortunate enough to get Minerva on the Michalis banner, so I'm glad about that.

Well, good luck!

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Astellius Fun thing: I got two heroes connected to Minerva in the wyvern banner: Cherche, whose dragon is called Minerva, and Fae, who literally is a dragon.
No Minerva though. Welp.

@Cossack>Cavalier That was fine, my sense of humour is weird. 5 counter Astra is still too unpractical, as illustrated by Lyn and Anna.

Haha, yeah, we both pulled the wrong Minerva. Cherche is pretty good though, I'm thinking about giving her a Brave Axe+, since her Att stat is just insane, and she's super slow anyway.

@Thor Odinson I mostly want Navarre to get Wo Dao because he's a frigging Scarlet Sword. His sword must be appropriate. (also it has a nice proc)

@Astellius If only I had a good brave axe+ fodder! I've no Camillas but I do have a spare Raven.
The downside is that he's only 4⋆ and spending 20k to simply let him go is ehhhh for me.