Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

So right now I'm on Team Palla (whom I picked on a whim), and if she loses then I'm probably switching to Team Minerva. I refuse to be a slave to the jiggle obvious winner and so I don't want to join Team Camilla. On a scale of one to ten, how good/bad is my taste?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like it's going to be Camilla v Minerva in the finals.  Having two Wyvern Riders in the Wyvern v Pegasus Gauntlet seems a bit weird.

Well if the pegasi and wyverns were on different sides, the obvious final battle would be Camilla vs. Cordelia rather than the obvious Camilla vs. Minerva we have now. But everyone knows that dragons are great anyway so it doesn't really matter, does it?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like it's going to be Camilla v Minerva in the finals.  Having two Wyvern Riders in the Wyvern v Pegasus Gauntlet seems a bit weird.

I thought the same. But then i said, "If Minnie loses to Cammy, at least wyverns still won"

Which is why you should join team Minerva, take a stand against the trollops and still technically be a winner!

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Do you know what's more exciting than Beruka vs. Tsubaki, Camilla vs. Hinoka, Palla vs. Minerva, and Cherche vs. Cordelia all at the same time? The Power Rangers movie, it was pretty good! Better than I expected, for being an adaptation, since those usually don't end up great.

Anyway, gauntlet stuff. Yeah.

really? that's cool, I saw a trailer and thought it'd be pretty bad, and I really only cared about it because bryan cranston's head is in it. nice to know that it's not bad, I might watch it eventually if I'm ever bored and feel in the mood to watch a movie that Bryan Cranston's head appears in 

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

It's obviously going to be Minerva in the finals. I mean, it's going to be Minerva vs. either Subaki or Beruka, and that's just going to be a lul fest.

while it's possible I feel like it's a bit early to say it's "obviously" going to be minerva

cordelia's pretty damn popular too

the only reason I picked minerva was because I thought she'd lose against cordelia or someone and I could pick camilla for the last round to get more feathers

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Ah, that makes sense.

Well, they had to round it out, and realistically, nobodies from a 3DS game would fair better than nobodies from an older one.

why not florina or caeda? like, florina I guess wouldn't have that much of a chance, but minerva is way more of a nobody than caeda

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I thought the same. But then i said, "If Minnie loses to Cammy, at least wyverns still won"

Which is why you should join team Minerva, take a stand against the trollops and still technically be a winner!

I would have joined Minerva, but she stood me up when I tried to Summon her.  If she doesn't want me, I don't want her.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I must say, I admire your unique persistence in recruiting new soldiers into Minerva's Army. It's really something else.

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

I must say, I admire your unique persistence in recruiting new soldiers into Minerva's Army. It's really something else.

Arcanite was the same with team Ephraim in the first gauntlet. It's not surprising. Though I'm surprised his/her (don't know the gender since he/she has it unlisted) obnoxiousness hasn't annoyed anyone since whenever I get obnoxious it DOES seem to annoy people...

1 minute ago, unique said:

while it's possible I feel like it's a bit early to say it's "obviously" going to be minerva

Cordelia's in the same semi-final bracket as Camilla. Minerva is going to be in the semis with either Subaki or Beruka, and she'll trounce either of them. Minerva also has the second highest score in the whole thing right now, by a nice margin. Even if she was facing Cordelia, Cordelia would be trounced, because Minerva is best.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Arcanite was the same with team Ephraim in the first gauntlet. It's not surprising. Though I'm surprised his/her (don't know the gender since he/she has it unlisted) obnoxiousness hasn't annoyed anyone since whenever I get obnoxious it DOES seem to annoy people...

it's definitely annoyed me, I just generally don't tell people when they annoy me

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Cordelia's in the same semi-final bracket as Camilla. Minerva is going to be in the semis with either Subaki or Beruka, and she'll trounce either of them. Minerva also has the second highest score in the whole thing right now, by a nice margin. Even if she was facing Cordelia, Cordelia would be trounced, because Minerva is best.

ah shit I wish I knew that earlier I would've picked camilla

probably should've taken a closer look before I chose

Edited by unique

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

she stood me up when I tried to Summon her.  If she doesn't want me, I don't want her.

Sounds like I'm watching Real housewives or something.

But hey, that's no reason to be all "vengeful" on her or anything!

5 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Thanks. We're gonna need it for the final round.

Every.

Single.

Flag.

Counts.

So I'm trying to get as much as possible, even if it's on a small forum.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So you think I'm obnoxious huh?

Okay

Spoiler

*cries to sleep*

You need to learn how to disguise your strong opinions with complicated/simple jokes and references. It is just a game after all :P

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, unique said:

really? that's cool, I saw a trailer and thought it'd be pretty bad, and I really only cared about it because bryan cranston's head is in it. nice to know that it's not bad, I might watch it eventually if I'm ever bored and feel in the mood to watch a movie that Bryan Cranston's head appears in 

the only reason I picked minerva was because I thought she'd lose against cordelia or someone and I could pick camilla for the last round to get more feathers

why not florina or caeda? like, florina I guess wouldn't have that much of a chance, but minerva is way more of a nobody than caeda

Caeda would probably do better, but I was referring more to the second Fates crew.

"Though I'm surprised his/her obnoxiousness hasn't annoyed anyone"

See what I mean @Arcanite? XD
I told you that someone might take your advocating too seriously (even if it still hasn't happened yet)

Just now, Arcanite said:

So you think I'm obnoxious huh?

Okay

Reveal hidden contents

*cries to sleep*

You need to learn how to disguise your string opinions with complicated/simple jokes and references. It is just a game after all :P

Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like an insult, it honestly hasn't really bothered me. I'm just saying it could annoy others.

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

"Though I'm surprised his/her obnoxiousness hasn't annoyed anyone"

See what I mean @Arcanite? XD
I told you that someone might take your advocating too seriously (even if it still hasn't happened yet)

I mean, nobody said that it's seriously annoying them. So as long as nobody says that I'm gonna do everything I can to advertise/advocate/persuade as much as possible.

Although I dint really see how people can get that annoyed over a game.

4 minutes ago, unique said:

it's definitely annoyed me, I just generally don't tell people when they annoy me

If it's that annoying I'll stop

Spoiler

It'll be hard to contain myself though

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like an insult, it honestly hasn't really bothered me. I'm just saying it could annoy others.

*sigh* I guess you're right

Oh well I smell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I don't think you're as bad as people make you out to be, honestly speaking. Your main thing seems to be complaining about Ike not showing up yet, which is a completely valid feeling and is extremely understandable since he's literally the most popular male character in the series. At least from my end, I don't actually find you annoying or obnoxious most of the times. It's only when you feel the need to repeatedly state how bad certain characters or games are that it kinda crosses into 'obnoxious' territory, at least for me. But being totally honest, you're really better about it the last few weeks/months, so I think you're completely fine as you are. I do actually think people target you a wee bit too much, but everyone has their own reasons I suppose. I can only speak for myself and my own opinion though, and some of them might have legitimate reasons, so yeah.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Really tight battle between Subaki and Beruka right now sitting at 216,301,319 and 215,225,925 respectively! 

Spoiler

Subaki can still push!!! Go team no-Vajayjay! :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I dunno, doesn't annoy me, it kinda makes the gauntlet seem more exciting, gets some energy in here. It's weird, I've seen a lot of people being at least somewhat passionate about supporting their fave, but everyone jumping the Camilla train seems to be a little apathetic.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Well, I don't think you're as bad as people make you to be, honestly speaking. Your main thing seems to be complaining about Ike not showing up yet, which is a completely valid feeling and is extremely understandable since he's literally the most popular male character in the series. At least from my end, I don't actually find you annoying or obnoxious most of the times. It's only when you feel the need to repeatedly state how bad certain characters or games are that it kinda crosses into 'obnoxious' territory, at least for me. But being totally honest, you're really better about it the last few weeks/months, so I think you're completely fine as you are. I do actually think people target you a wee bit too much, but everyone has their own reasons I suppose. I can only speak for myself and my own opinion though, some of them might have legitimate reasons, so who knows.

Yeeeaaah, I'll admit the repeating stuff thing is a valid issue I have. It's usually just that I often forget that I already said it or I wasn't sure if I got it across to people the first time.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

I have strong opinions on strings.

I was hoping nobody noticed

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

@Arcanite You need to bungee jump so we get more Orbs.  The Camilla votes alone will likely pass the current goal.

Y'know, that was the first bungee jumping affair I ever mentioned on here. I try to save the line for more fitting and surprising moments. But I'll keep this in mind ;)

1 minute ago, Lucıůs said:

Really tight battle between Subaki and Beruka right now sitting at 216,301,319 and 215,225,925 respectively! 

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, you could've said #TeamTestosterone but that's cool too I guess 

@Arcanite, I did not expect that... Are you secretly Felicia disguised as Oboro? :p

Thoughts on your thoughts that would make this really off-topic, so it's in a spoiler.

Spoiler

I get your point, but Gaius, Jakob, and Saizo can make for alternate Poison Dagger wielders where Gaius rules in speed, Saizo can be an anti-infantry, physical tank, and Jakob... Well, he's Jakob. That and people have their favorite characters and maybe whoever did that really liked Gaius. At least they had what seems to be a clear idea in what to do... Meanwhile, this dude who I saw on the rankings giving Klein a ton of skills and set his special to Glowing Ember. Let me repeat that: Klein with Glowing Ember. It wasn't even a def boon Klein which is still pointless. Just a bunch of random skills for Klein just because. Oh, those wasted units...

I do agree with your point on daggers. Compared to other weapons which all have their niches, I feel like daggers don't. It's only 3 daggers and one of them is personal, the Deathly Dagger which is basically a stronger Silver Dagger+ with a built-in Poison Strike 2. Deathly Dagger being a personal weapon stops it from being a power creep. The 2 main daggers are Poison and Silver. Poison Dagger is the weakest in MT, but is effective on -- random percentage here -- 75% of the cast. That's insane and it's not even a personal or 5*-only weapon. A 4* Kagero can still access one of the deadliest weapons in the game. Silver Dagger is the jack of all trades or is it? Rogue Dagger is the second-weakest and is found on 2 thieves who don't really benefit from it and it doesn't really benefit anyone else. The debuff is weaker and the self-buff is on Gaius who has low overall defenses and Matthew who has high defense, but the second lowest attack of all the thieves only beating out Felicia by 2 compared to their neutral attacks. Felicia is justified in that she's a mage killer who generally don't have high defenses to begin with. Anyway, the concept is cool, but in practice, it's not good or even decent. It holds back Gaius and Matthew while also making Gaius dependent on it which I'll talk about later. Smoke Dagger at least has decent MT or rather, it's at least stronger than a Steel Dagger and the debuff being an area of effect helps as well. It's just that it's not as strong as a Deathly Dagger or Silver Dagger and its effect is not as strong as either the Deathly Dagger or the Poison Dagger. If I were to be nice, it's the average dagger while the Silver Dagger is good dagger, Poison is arguably the best, and the Deathly Dagger is a special case.

There is going to be bias here since Gaius is one of my favorite characters -- I think I like most thieves in Fire Emblem as a whole --, but Gaius's low overall defenses makes him dependent on Rogue Dagger for survival if there are no healers, anyone with HP-related skills like Ardent Sacrifice, Breath of Life, Reciprocal Aid, or Linde. Like in Awakening, his HP is high, his speed is high, and his defenses are low. His strength? Pretty average compared to the other thieves. The wiki said his strength was supposed to surpass Lon'qu and if we go with that, then Gaius is supposed to have above 29 neutral base attack -- they both share the same base neutral attack. Not asking for 35 neutral attack, but perhaps 31 to 32 would have fit Gaius better -- take off the 2 to 3 from his speed or something.

Gaius is still in a better position than Odin, though. Poor Odin... The lowest base attack of all the mages while sporting the highest MT regular tome that is made better use by any other mage. The only good stat he has is HP and speed which still gets rocked or is barely better than other mages and his average, evened defenses don't help him when most of the other mages favor one stat allowing them to tank those hits harder or are overall bulky.

Anyway, Cherche losing means I'll just jump on to my only other option: Cordelia, since Hinoka being paired up with Camilla meant certain death to her. If Subaki somehow makes it to the last round and Cordelia somehow loses, then I'll join team Subaki. Why? Why not. I feel like I drew a lottery ticket by getting a +Atk/-Res 4* Subaki who's been doing work for the GHB events and as a unit in general.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

I dunno, doesn't annoy me, it kinda makes the gauntlet seem more exciting, gets some energy in here. It's weird, I've seen a lot of people being at least somewhat passionate about supporting their fave, but everyone jumping the Camilla train seems to be a little apathetic.

Yeah, I'm tired of Camilla myself. I despised her from the beginning and because people have to like boobs, she's popular. I mean, I know a female doesn't HAVE to have huge ass boobs to be popular since Cordelia is popular, but you seem to be MORE popular if you DO have huge ass boobs. I also find this rather discouraging for females like me who are flat(ish) like Cordelia. I can't help that my breasts can barely be called that... Why think less of me because of it?

6 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hope Subaki wins. The fewer wyverns that get up there, the better. Pegasi are way better. <3

1 minute ago, Lucıůs said:

Hide contents

Is it wrong that I didn't support my Birthright husband?  I have a 4* of him, but I never leveled him up.

Your spoiler sounds sexual, intentional?

I mean, nobody said that it's seriously annoying them. So as long as nobody says that I'm gonna do everything I can to advertise/advocate/persuade as much as possible.

Although I dint really see how people can get that annoyed over a game.

If it's that annoying I'll stop

Reveal hidden contents

It'll be hard to contain myself though

*sigh* I guess you're right

Oh well I smell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find your enthusiasm entertaining.

I mean, you could've said #TeamTestosterone but that's cool too I guess 

May sound vague since Testosterone is also present in women. And who knows, maybe Beruka even has a higher testosterone level than Subaki. :rolleyes: