Awakening Cameo/Bonus Dungeon Discussion [Spoilers]

I think this needs its own thread. Also, feel free to make new threads for important things ^^

Anyway, the contents of Chapter 6 have been determined.

Just gonna copy and paste from the data-mine topic.

Chapter 6 involves you visiting the western half of Archanea, specifically the Feroxi Port and the Thabes Underground Labyrinth. This was hinted at on the official site, where Archanea was briefly visible on the world map. You actually visit that part. Access is via the Archanean Sea Route, 6 locations in all.

Inside the Thabes Underground Labyrinth are 10 floors. Along the way are multiple stone tablets that provide some surprising information. At the very bottom is the super boss "Construct", who's actually...

A proto Grima. It's even a Fell Dragon with a similar portrait to Awakening Grima. Possibly even the same battle music (I've yet to play it).

Construct + Young Grima

Battle theme

Apparently Grima was created in Thabes by an insane alchemist called Forneus. He/she experimented with life and death and created the Risen Soldiers and Grima. From appearances, Grima is a Dracozombie infused with divine dragon blood. It is not outright said, but heavily implied.

Postgame Dungeon text

isn't that title a bit of a spoiler

anyway, when we heard there was a chapter 6 I was hopeful but I kept my expectations low at about the level of "some dumb tie in to awakening"

thus, i'm not too disappointed, though I feel like there are so many better things they could've done with an extra chapter of gaiden

What I want to know the most is the reason for why Alm and Celica are the ones who go to Akaneia and pick a fight with Grima.

I love the idea though, personally. I like how it expands upon a poorly explained idea of Awakening and makes the Fire Emblem universe actually feel connected.

I can also see why they did it beyond just fan service: if they want to keep the original ending of Gaiden intact, then having the postgame take place somewhere else makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

What I want to know the most is the reason for why Alm and Celica are the ones who go to Akaneia and pick a fight with Grima.

I love the idea though, personally. I like how it expands upon a poorly explained idea of Awakening and makes the Fire Emblem universe actually feel connected.

I can also see why they did it beyond just fan service: if they want to keep the original ending of Gaiden intact, then having the postgame take place somewhere else makes sense.

Wait, does that mean that the first Exalt who defeated Grima has to be Alm, not Marth correct? I was wondering about if the First Exalt that was mentioned in Awakening could have been one of Marth's children, but I am not exactly sure if Marth was the one since he did defeated Medeus two times and Grima might have been a completely new character that was added in Awakening.

Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, does that mean that the first Exalt who defeated Grima has to be Alm, not Marth correct? I was wondering about if the First Exalt that was mentioned in Awakening could have been one of Marth's children, but I am not exactly sure if Marth was the one since he did defeated Medeus two times and Grima might have been a completely new character that was added in Awakening.

No. Echoes takes place 2000 years before Awakening, and the first Exalt defeated Grima 1000 years before Chrom did.

6 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

I really don't get all the Awakening hate I saw in other threads and I'm happy we're getting some backstory.

It's what all the cool kids do, man. 

That's some pretty fascinating stuff, and thinking about it, Grima's is a mishmash of various things, you know feathered wings, dragon's body, a human face in his mouth and so on. Grima being the undead construct of a mad alchemist is very fitting. Grima and the "Risen Bug" are now giving me a Resident Evil feel.

Edited by Water Mage

Pretty amazing stuff all around.

Spoiler

I wonder if the "Risen Bugs" will be expanded upon in another Fire Emblem, possibly the remake of Genealogy. Perhaps the bugs is how the Galle Empire and the Loptyr sect created the Deadlords, meaning they are essentially the proto-Risen.

7 minutes ago, Folt said:

Pretty amazing stuff all around.

Hide contents

I wonder if the "Risen Bugs" will be expanded upon in another Fire Emblem, possibly the remake of Genealogy. Perhaps the bugs is how the Galle Empire and the Loptyr sect created the Deadlords, meaning they are essentially the proto-Risen.

Oh, so those Bugs were the cause that how the Risens get resurrected. But, I just wondered how the Deadlords turned into Risens after the events of Genealogy of the Holy War since we did saw their portaits from Thracia 776 that some of the Deadlords appeared after one of the playable characters that we know can turn into them one of them can get killed if besides Raydrik that he gets cannonly killed in the story since he's one of the main antagonists of Thracia 776.

Edited by King Marth 64

26 minutes ago, unique said:

isn't that title a bit of a spoiler

anyway, when we heard there was a chapter 6 I was hopeful but I kept my expectations low at about the level of "some dumb tie in to awakening"

thus, i'm not too disappointed, though I feel like there are so many better things they could've done with an extra chapter of gaiden

It was the best choice I had out of the super spoilery ones XD

Didn't want to mention Chapter 6 and "cameo"/"bonus dungeon" could be anything.

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

Oh, so those Bugs were the cause that how the Risens get resurrected. But, I just wondered how the Deadlords turned into Risens after the events of Genealogy of the Holy War since we did saw their portaits from Thracia 776 that some of the Deadlords appeared after one of the playable characters that we know can turn into them if one of them can get killed if besides Raydrik that he gets cannonly killed in the story since he's one of the main antagonists of Thracia 776.

Hence why I'm guessing that an FE4 or FE5 remake can explain that.

Spoiler

My theory is that the Deadlords for the Galle Empire and the Loptyr Sect were created using the Risen Bugs on dead people, but that they were implanted directly into the host bodies through powerful magic rituals instead of through masks.

If we're talking about making connections to Jugdral, maybe Loptyr had something to do with the alchemist. For example, maybe the alchemist came across legends of Loptyr and decided to use him as basis for Grima. Or maybe the alchemist is a member or descendant of the Loptyr sect that came to Archanea.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I could see the reasoning being one of the following.

Rumors of someone experimenting with the dead and having similar "creations" to the undead Alm and Celica encounter. That would draw them out as it's a potential danger to a lot of people, themselves included.

Diplomatic trip in order to engage in talks with neighboring regions, something happens to gain the attention of Alm and or Celica.

Event similar to the first example but instead of rumors a character (it could even be a basic washed up soldier) is warning Alm of an impending danger of a mad man attempting to create an abomination.

It won't be hard to explain it.

And I have to say, I am so glad to see FE finally taking the leap to delve into the undead in a serious way. It has always been a tease with the zombies, risen, etc. but now we are looking at some powerful undead bad guys. I love the undead as bad guys, so to see 

Spoiler

Grima being an unholy abomination makes me super excited. I really hope that this means we may end up getting a good undead bad guy in the future, like a Lich, Death Knight, or Vampire.

Edited by Tolvir

Wait, they go all the way to Ferroxi ? For that ? And that's it ? It feels like a DLC chapter.

If it's just that, I'll have no problem then. Very anticlimatic though. :p
(Obviously, I know how chapters workin Gaiden. It's a lame joke.)

Again, love the alchemist part.

Edited by B.Leu

I hated Awakening, but I actually kinda like this.

It makes enough sense for him to exist since Grima is very old anyway, gives backstory to a character who was previously a void, it's pretty different origin than what's typical of FE's evil dragon gods, and creates more continuity between games (which FE13 was rather barebones about).

I just hope the maps are decent, haha.

This is so confusing... I hope the game explains why we're going over to Archanea (sp?) and maybe Zeke and the Whitewings get important story inclusion, since we're heading to their home continent. 

Spoiler

Perhaps it hints at the disguise of Sirius and maybe it'll feature some drama with Tatiana. Since he has unfinished business, maybe he promises Tatiana that'll he return to her.

29 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

This is so confusing... I hope the game explains why we're going over to Archanea (sp?) and maybe Zeke and the Whitewings get important story inclusion, since we're heading to their home continent. 

Reveal hidden contents

Perhaps it hints at the disguise of Sirius and maybe it'll feature some drama with Tatiana. Since he has unfinished business, maybe he promises Tatiana that'll he return to her.

I find it unlikely. Or at least, how unlikely depends on how much time happens between Ch6 and the start of New Mystery.

Spoiler

There is still a period of time between Hardin taking the Archanean Throne and become corrupted by the Darksphere. Even if Zeke recovers his memories during Ch6 (has to be after Ch5, after all), he might not decide yet to don the Quattro Sirius disguise, if Hardin is still his normal self.

Not to mention, Thabes is quite isolated from the rest of Archanea, with the closest civilization being Khadein. How could they know what's Archanea's current status from that corner of the continent? Although apparently the Feroxi Port already exists 1000 years before Regna Ferox. What's up with that, I wonder...

Also, for the record, Zeke apparently never told her about the whole "leaving to deal with unfinished business from recovered memories" thing. At least, not before he left.

Edited by Acacia Sgt