New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

I'm excited that Ike, Mist, Soren, and Titania came back for Heroes. But, too bad that they couldn't get Jason Adkins to return as Ike and Mist got a second replacement voice actress, I'm glad that Sarah Williams got a role in the Fire Emblem franchise, I did like how see did voiced Elizabeth/Liz from Sword Art Online, Uni/Black Sister in Hyperdemension Neptunia, and Nonon Jakuzure in Kill la Kill.

I was wondering why that they probably couldn't get Bad Animals Studio to have some of the Washington States voice actors return to voice back for Ike, Mist, and Lyn, does anyone think Nintendo probably can't get Bad Animals Studio to work on Heroes for some of the Tellius characters?

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I realize I didn't even need to check to guess that Ike had the same VA as my other main man Ephraim here. I thought they sounded similar, with Ike being a little deeper.

I hope Adkins at least gets to voice RD Ike. It'd be especially weird to see him with a different voice because RD Ike is who we got through Amiibo in Codename Steam and Fates, so that was the Ike Adkins returned to voice. It would also make sense to show a further deepening of Ike's voice as he aged three more years.

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Mist got a second replacement voice actress

Lani Minella is an incredible voice actress but she sounded so forced as a RD Mist. Who voiced Mist in PoBR?

I mean, that “IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIke!” from the prologue is unforgettable, if cheesy.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Soren

Titania

I HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR 5 MINUTES STRAIGHT

time to whale

Super hyped for this banner! I have around 2 orbs though so I'm hoping it's a story chapter. Good to see the possibility of a defense map, it'll be fun doing new objectives :)

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hee hee

Everyone get your Merrics ready!

In fact. one could even keep Aether for Ultimate sustain as well. Astra Can now become somewhat more viable too. As well as Galeforce

And let's not forget one of the most forgotten skills in the game: Miracle!

Astra is still garbage because 2.5 × 0 is still zero and it now eats your passive A slot.

Galeforce and Aether on the other hand...

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I realize I didn't even need to check to guess that Ike had the same VA as my other main man Ephraim here. I thought they sounded similar, with Ike being a little deeper.

I hope Adkins at least gets to voice RD Ike. It'd be especially weird to see him with a different voice because RD Ike is who we got through Amiibo in Codename Steam and Fates, so that was the Ike Adkins returned to voice. It would also make sense to show a further deepening of Ike's voice as he aged three more years.

It's possible they couldn't get Adkins.

*Recalls how Mark Gatha once voiced Domon Kasshu in G Gundam. Then game appearances had a different VA due to Gatha retiring*

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Greg Chun also voices Eldigan, the Lionheart, the brother of Lachesis (Raquesis), and the character from Genealogy of the Holy War and Lukas, the Deliverance soldier that recruited Alm and Alm's friends, the first Soldier unit appeared in the entire Fire Emblem franchise, and the character from Gaiden and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (I'm pretty sure he's voiced Lukas in Echoes as well.)

And plus, I did saw Soren's voice actor is the same guy "Kyle McCarley" that voices Alm in Heroes and he's most likely voices Alm in  Echoes: Shadows of Valentia also.

1 minute ago, NoNameAtAll said:

It's possible they couldn't get Adkins.

*Recalls how Mark Gatha once voiced Domon Kasshu in G Gundam. Then game appearances had a different VA due to Gatha retiring*

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm hoping they're able to get him for RD Ike at least.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

@Armagon Yet we will have three Lucinas when the CYL heroes come (regular Lucina, bunny Lucina, CYL Lucina) and RD Ike was one of the most popular characters in the poll alongside his younger self. I don't see them NOT adding him for these reasons.

Right, i completely forgot Lucina is gettjng a CYL version. Woops.

I just realized, with Ike here, all FE Smash representitives are in Heroes. By adding Chrom and Lyn, also characters who appear in Smash in some way, there's enough for a Smash Bros themed Voting Gauntlet.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Right, i completely forgot Lucina is gettjng a CYL version. Woops.

I just realized, with Ike here, all FE Smash representitives are in Heroes. By adding Chrom and Lyn, also characters who appear in Smash in some way, there's enough for a Smash Bros themed Voting Gauntlet.

And a smash themed voting gauntlet might actually be balanced since everyone in it is popular.

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

Isn't this going to blow up Minerva with the Hauteclere?

If you mean Heavy Blade, the balancing factor is that it requires your character to have more Atk than the opponent. Heavy Blade is a passive A skill, meaning you can't use Fury or Life and Death to boost your Atk to help.

Huh, I'm actually surprised they decided to go with Ike instead of Celica this week, but I can't complain too much. Ike has always been that one omission that left a hole in the roster that many wanted to see filled, so it's nice to see him even if only for that reason. As for the characters, while Soren doesn't look too promising gameplay-wise, I am excited to see him since I liked his character in PoR and I look forward to trying and failing to get him.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Lani Minella is an incredible voice actress but she sounded so forced as a RD Mist. Who voiced Mist in PoBR?

I mean, that “IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIke!” from the prologue is unforgettable, if cheesy.

Elsbeth Nathanson voiced Mist in Path of Radiance, it was mentioned in the Path of Radiance credits.

As for Greg Chun, he does sound almost Jason Adkins voiced Ike from Path of Radiance. But, I kinda wondered that the developers from Heroes probably think they couldn't handle getting Bad Animals Studio due to video game budgeting since Cup of Tea Productions is handling the voice recording for Heroes?

Edited by King Marth 64

32 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Finally!!

This make me happy because finally the comments of "Where is Ike?" are going to stop! Some people were annoying about it on twitter lol.

Same tbh. I mean, I'm happy because i can also get best-tellius-character-Soren, but now the Ike fans will finally calm down and stop with the continue request of Ike, which was getting annoying tbh

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Astra is still garbage because 2.5 × 0 is still zero and it now eats your passive A slot.

Galeforce and Aether on the other hand...

Oh wow, I hadn't considered this.

Glad to see they found a way to improve Aether, now that its original user is here.

But now I want to put this on Chrom, since he has Aether and high ATK and would probably like to proc Aether faster.

Or maybe Effie could use this to proc stuff faster, since she's only hitting once or twice per combat, so with this she could pull out Dragon Fangs every other combat (or Aethers, though that might only be every 3 combats without Brave Lance).

The 4/5-cooldown skills just got a lot better for high-ATK units, assuming that you can pull multiple Ikes to peel Heavy Blade off of.

...Although, looking at the skill description on the first page, Heavy Blade says "If (unit's Atk - foe's Atk) >= 1, units gain +1 charge to Special per attack," so do both units get the accelerated Special charge, or just the Heavy Blade unit?

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

...Although, looking at the skill description on the first page, Heavy Blade says "If (unit's Atk - foe's Atk) >= 1, units gain +1 charge to Special per attack," so do both units get the accelerated Special charge, or just the Heavy Blade unit?

Seems a bit unclear right now, so I don't think we'll know until we use him. It looks to me like both units, though. If this is the case, it'll be an interesting way to balance the skill.

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Just the Heavy Blade unit. I'm the OP and I suck. Corrected the description.

Edited by Vaximillian

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Right, i completely forgot Lucina is gettjng a CYL version.

I wouldn't put it past them to put in a Masked "Marth" version of her either since you could vote for that version of her too. I think that version even got in the range of 5K votes which seems a bit strange, but whatever.

Either way, I want my team of Lucinas.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just the Heavy Blade unit. I'm the OP and I suck. Corrected the description.

Ah, alright.

@hauteclere That would've been an interesting way to balance Heavy Blade, yeah... except that it already requires you to be stronger than your enemy to get the effect. Both requirements together is just a bit much, at least I think so.

Now I just gotta hope that Ike has high Attack.

And that Soren has good Speed, partially so he can use Watersweep well and partially so I can take Watersweep off of him and give him Darting Blow + Desperation and see if he can pull that off.

And that Mist has good stats, because honestly I already like her skillset (Another Slow user is nice, and the double-Spur seems neat... though the lack of a non-Imbue Special is a bit odd).

12 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

Same tbh. I mean, I'm happy because i can also get best-tellius-character-Soren, but now the Ike fans will finally calm down and stop with the continue request of Ike, which was getting annoying tbh

Hey, it was understandable. He's popular and in Smash, put in the Heroes title banner and promo art, yet wasn't in the game. We rightly felt kind of trolled.

Who has the highest attack in the game right now?

I mean, I'd never feed Ike to anyone else, but just curious.

Also, with Ike and Xander we're going to have two new distant counter sword heroes, one of whom is free.

The meta's going to get a little ridiculous. (Plus, Ike comes with sword breaker because why not)