New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since the Tellius characters are comin' in...

Now I'm hoping for Oscar, Astrid, Geoffrey, Kieran and Marcia to appear... soooooon.....

Enh In the long run I don't think erika giving the stone to lyon/demonking is really what matters. Running off alone and keeping  the stone on whichever twin's person is the tactical error and what enables her to give away the stone in the first place. (Though they did need to have the stone so leaving it where it was safe is less of an option) It still happened and it matters for her character though.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh, what? No, I'm not. Real life 15 year olds have nothing to do with it. I don't know how many act today since I only ever knew one and that was my brother before he fucking took his own life.

Though realistically, adults are given leadership positions much more often than kids, so that is a bit of a factor here.

Fact of the matter is that in such medieval settings like that of Elibe's story/timeline, people became more capable of being competent at younger ages, and also obtained a mature adult-like mindset much earlier in their lives. Particularly those of a royal upbringing like Lilina and Roy. Eliwood trusted his son with the job of saving Elibe's world because he believed he could do it, and he ultimately did. Just take into consideration that Eliwood was 16 during Lyn's mode, and there wasn't a hint of immaturity in him like there normally is in today's kids of the same age. He also raised Roy the same way.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

Fact of the matter is that in such medieval settings like that of Elibe's story/timeline, people became more capable of being competent at younger ages, and also obtained a mature adult-like mindset much earlier in their lives. Particularly those of a royal upbringing like Lilina and Roy. Eliwood trusted his son with the job of saving Elibe's world because he believed he could do it, and he ultimately did. Just take into consideration that Eliwood was 16 during Lyn's mode, and there wasn't a hint of immaturity in him like there normally is in today's kids of the same age. He also raised Roy the same way.

Even so, my opinion stays the same. I just can't take Roy as seriously as I can the older protagonists. And I thought Eliwood was 17 in Lyn's mode and 18 in the other two?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Even so, my opinion stays the same. I just can't take Roy as seriously as I can the older protagonists. And I thought Eliwood was 17 in Lyn's mode and 18 in the other two?

IN NA they aged up Lyn. She was 15 in Lyn's Mode in the JP version.

Alm also used to be 15 in og Gaiden. He got aged up in SoV.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Nah, he was 17 in his own story. I think it's in his support conversations with Hector.

But as for Roy, he's still got the young kid look going on, but his mind is in the right place for the job. How young he looks in FE6 is also one of my small peeves, but I got over it.

7 minutes ago, FallenVanguard said:

IN NA they aged up Lyn. She was 15 in Lyn's Mode in the JP version.

Alm also used to be 15 in og Gaiden. He got aged up in SoV.

I wasn't talking about Lyn. I'm aware that she was aged up (and I think she was rightly so, because she always looked older than 15 to me).

I also never mentioned Alm, but I never knew much about him anyway due to having never played Gaiden.

So going back on topic. I love that Ike is still his super blunt self. "The Greil Mercenaries are bound by our contract with Princess Veronica. We finish what we start." Blunt Ike is blunt. lol

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Nah, he was 17 in his own story. I think it's in his support conversations with Hector.

But as for Roy, he's still got the young kid look going on, but his mind is in the right place for the job. How young he looks in FE6 is also one of my small peeves, but I got over it.

I agree, I don't think he even looks 15. He looks more like 12. But it's better than his beta sprite. Just oh my god, he looked like an 8 year old in that one.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wasn't talking about Lyn. I'm aware that she was aged up (and I think she was rightly so, because she always looked older than 15 to me).

I also never mentioned Alm, but I never knew much about him anyway due to having never played Gaiden.

So going back on topic. I love that Ike is still his super blunt self. "The Greil Mercenaries are bound by our contract with Princess Veronica. We finish what we start." Blunt Ike is blunt. lol

I agree, I don't think he even looks 15. He looks more like 12. But it's better than his beta sprite. Just oh my god, he looked like an 8 year old in that one.

My bad, misread your post.

But I do agree, good to see Ike is his same, straight forward self from the looks of it.

7 minutes ago, FallenVanguard said:

My bad, misread your post.

But I do agree, good to see Ike is his same, straight forward self from the looks of it.

Yup! Makes me look forward to his castle dialogue and tap dialogue on his profile page. <3

I just better pull him at some point with all the orbs I saved up. I'd really hate to use all 200+ and not get him! I always say Ike knows I love him too, because of all the fantastic luck I've had with this guy in the past (honestly, it's ridiculous, even for the amount of time I spend on him. I've been luckier with him far more than any other character). He can continue this trend by showing up for me quickly! Though it'd be funny if he was my very first pull tomorrow. XD

Edited by Anacybele

33 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Well, since the Tellius characters are comin' in...

Now I'm hoping for Oscar, Astrid, Geoffrey, Kieran and Marcia to appear... soooooon.....

Are you referring to just the Focus Banner or are we getting more to add to the 3* Pool?

Sorry, this thread exploded while I was at work, so if this been has addressed before, I haven't had a chance to see it, but...

Since we're getting a proper 5-chapter story this time, do you think we'll be getting a few extra Tellius characters to flesh it out?  Having 4 characters spread across 5 chapters seems to either have 1-per chapter with 4 at the end, or have the same 4 characters appear multiple times.  This might be a chance to add a few more to the 3* Pool.  It seems we're getting the Greil mercs, so maybe we'll see the Green Bros and Rhys.  Maybe even Gatrie and Shinon, but that might be putting my hopes too high.

As is, I'd be happy getting any or all of these characters.  This is the Banner I've been most excited for so far.  I picked up a Google Play card today, because I know 1-2 Pulls won't be enough.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Titania is so popular here.  I thought I was one of her few fans, it case people couldn't tell.  I guess I'll have to change my member title, now.  I really want to get Soren and Ike as well.  Mist, I like, too, but I haven't gotten all the characters on a banner, yet, so I'll probably have to be content with who I get, and I might Focus Pull Greens and Reds to get the other 3.

Ike looks borked. And that's fantastic because he's one of my favorite characters. I just wish I hadn't used so many orbs already since I only have 32 and I'll have 3 or 4 pulls probably during this event, considering how many orbs the game threw at me and how many I blew on the other two banners which didn't have units even almost as good as Ike, I'm filled with a tinge of regret. 

Ike would be a Godsend considering I don't have any great sword units and have to rely on 5* Tiki for my red unit. 4* Chrom and Hana are the best I have for swordies. I would have liked Mia but considering how many RedSwords there are already I can understand why they wouldn't put 2 in the same banner. 

Ideally though, Edward is probably my favorite sword unit from the Tellius series. I'd like a Dawn Brigade banner just for him honestly even if it meant I'd have to tolerate Micaiah who I hate. Sothe is cool looking though so he'd make a good Dagger Unit. Considering Eddie's wrath in FE10, he'd probably have something like Desperation or Defiant ATK and some sort of other attack/speed boost. His Caladbolg was a luck booster and he was light affinity so he should get something like a defense boost or for something more unique, -1 special trigger cooldown if attacking axe users or even an axebreaker skill. Would be ironic considering that whole "Blocks axes with his face" thing. 

Ilyana is another character I'd like to see from Tellius, but I doubt she'd show up, and she would probably suck anyway. That speed growth man, that speed growth. Other picks would be Mia, Nolan, Boyd, Jill/Haar and Aran. But only if they give Aran fortress, warding blow and the highest defense stat in the game because NOTHING could kill that man except for axes and magic (and of course skills).

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Suichimo said:

* - Assuming on his mother's part as we never see her and it's probably Ninian anyway.

The life of a LynXEliwood shipper is a lonely one.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? The only person in Heroes that I would say over-praises the summoner/Avatar is Sharena, and this is coming from someone that really likes her. But this is the only issue I have with her. It's fine if she respects the summoner and all, but she gets a little too excited about it and stuff.

I still love her optimism, desire to make friends, and her design though. :P

On another note, I keep rewatching the Radiance trailer. I can't stop because I'm so excited!!

Nearly every character has this weird faith and such for you. I mean, just read any of the level 40 conversations (I refuse to call those confessions). Zephiel actually doesn't though which made me kind of like him for it.

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

Pfft. You people and your "We Like Ike" and "Roy's Our Boy". Leif does everything Ike and Roy do and BETTER.

"Leif, what a relief!" just doesn't have the same zing to it.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Nearly every character has this weird faith and such for you. I mean, just read any of the level 40 conversations (I refuse to call those confessions). Zephiel actually doesn't though which made me kind of like him for it.

Yeah, but they're more like "I have respect for you" and all which is fine and not over the top. Sharena is the only one that goes "You're the best. Really, the best!" xP

EDIT: But can you associate Leif with an awesome president/general? Nope! Only Ike has that distinction due to his name and cheer! lol

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

Pfft. You people and your "We Like Ike" and "Roy's Our Boy". Leif does everything Ike and Roy do and BETTER.

He needs a spiffy motto!

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

"Leif, what a relief!" just doesn't have the same zing to it.

We've got no beef with Leif!

Leif rakes up the enemy!

I belief in Leif!

I like how this topic stayed hot for 14 hours straight lol

pretty funny if you ask me

Also, some people think Ike will be slow, and others think he's gonna be fast. What do you guys think? Never played PoR and I still want to know if pulling is gonna be worth this time around

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but they're more like "I have respect for you" and all which is fine and not over the top. Sharena is the only one that goes "You're the best. Really, the best!" xP

EDIT: But can you associate Leif with an awesome president/general? Nope! Only Ike has that distinction due to his name and cheer! lol

Guess it's in the eyes of the beholder, but I think they go a little to far sometimes. Also, kudos on the Eisenhower reference.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, and that's a good thing. Leif and Roy are famous on their own while Ike has to rely on a name that can be linked to someone more famous than him.

Leif's the Chief!

Just now, Jave said:

No, and that's a good thing. Leif and Roy are famous on their own while Ike has to rely on a name that can be linked to someone more famous than him.

Leif's the Chief!

Nah, it's just a bonus for Ike. lol And a cool one at that. I doubt that everybody who knows about him actually knows of Eisenhower anyway because he was mainly a thing in the US. :P

In fact, it's never been confirmed if Ike actually took inspiration from the guy. It could be complete coincidence.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I like how this topic stayed hot for 14 hours straight lol

pretty funny if you ask me

Also, some people think Ike will be slow, and others think he's gonna be fast. What do you guys think? Never played PoR and I still want to know if pulling is gonna be worth this time around

PoR Ike is fast and has that sexy nimble physique before he took PEDs in RD.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Leif's the Chief!

Leif shares his name with the famous Viking Leif Erickson.  At least that's who I think of when I hear the name.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Leif shares his name with the famous Viking Leif Erickson.  At least that's who I think of when I hear the name.

I hate and am so tired of the steroids joke with RD Ike... People really have not seen actual super muscular guys if they think he looks like he's on steroids. I've seen way way worse offenders. And RD Ike looks like any NFL player that's worked out a lot if you ask me and there are a lot of those. I highly doubt every single one of them used steroids since it's against the NFL rules.

Anyway, so that's who Leif Erickson was. I remember the name from Monopoly, and "Leif Erickson Day" was a thing in a Spongebob episode for some reason, but I never had any idea where it came from.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hm

Okay then........

Spoiler

Now it's time to google what PED means

Spoiler

I'm kidding of course lol

Well as long as he is fast in addition to his epic weapon, it looks like we're going to have a run for our money in the arena. Unless you have literally anyone blue who targets resistance (Unless PoR Ike has good resistance for some reason)

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And RD Ike looks like any NFL player that's worked out a lot if you ask me and there are a lot of those.

I mean, if I wanted to get ripped I think I'd rather just take the drugs instead of work out like a maniac for a good 2 years

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, it's just a bonus for Ike. lol And a cool one at that. I doubt that everybody who knows about him actually knows of Eisenhower anyway because he was mainly a thing in the US. :P

In fact, it's never been confirmed if Ike actually took inspiration from the guy. It could be complete coincidence.

I could forgive people for not knowing some of the more obscure US presidents, like MIllard Fillmore, but Eisenhower was a big part of World War Two, and a basic knowledge of the last 100 years or so of general world history or so should be expected of educated adults.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I hate and am so tired of the steroids joke with RD Ike... People really have not seen actual super muscular guys if they think he looks like he's on steroids. I've seen way way worse offenders. And RD Ike looks like any NFL player that's worked out a lot if you ask me and there are a lot of those. I highly doubt every single one of them used steroids since it's against the NFL rules.

Anyway, so that's who Leif Erickson was. I remember the name from Monopoly, and "Leif Erickson Day" was a thing in a Spongebob episode for some reason, but I never had any idea where it came from.

No offense on the steroids joke, I don't mind muscle Ike, I just prefer his lither version.

Yeah, Leif Erickson was the son of Eric the Red, and the guy who was responsible for the Vikings settling in America for a brief period, before they got chased off for giving the Native Americans cheese and skirmishing a few times.