Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, Astellius said:

Yeah, Nintendo did a TERRIBLE job of marketing the games, and producing enough of them. However, I own both of the Tellius games, and now both are worth over $100 each (I keep everything that comes with the games). I'm not exactly in a position to complain.

Lucky you, I want to play them but none of my friends or rivals has them, Gamecube sucks on my computer as well.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaaay! I won 3000 feathers!

And I saved 100 flags welp, just throw everything in next round, even if poor Leo lose, he at least won one fight, congratulations otouto!

Since final round is going to be more hard to rank, i'll use everything on next round.

What's up with all the hate for Tharja on this forum 0.0 

Is it because she's popular or because of the fanservice? I'd also prefer if they toned down the fanservice on her, but it honestly doesn't bother me too much unlike another certain(cough* camilla*cough).. 

The one thing I dislike is the cringy english voice they gave her x) 

Just now, SniperGYS said:

Yaaaay! I won 3000 feathers!

And I saved 100 flags welp, just throw everything in next round, even if poor Leo lose, he at least won one fight, congratulations otouto!

Since final round is going to be more hard to rank, i'll use everything on next round.

At least Leo didn't lose in the first round like he did last time, so it is an improvement. As part of team Robin may the best tactician team win.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not sure if we can go entirely by the CYL poll, since that was "pick your favorite" and here, we have "pick which of these eight you like best".  Plus, you might have people going up against characters because they just really hate them and want them to lose.

It's still the closest thing we have to a series wide popularity poll. Yeah it doesn't really carry over for everything in these gauntlets obviously. I'll admit that I joined some teams out of spite in the previous gauntlets. 

1 minute ago, Magnux7 said:

Is it because she's popular or because of the fanservice? I'd also prefer if they toned down the fanservice on her, but it honestly doesn't bother me too much unlike another certain(cough* camilla*cough).. 

Whew, you don't wanna pull the pin on this grenade, trust me. There are plenty of reasons to hate her, but I'll give the simplest answer I can.

Fuck child abusers. That's it.

I'd be happy to go into more detail, but this isn't really the thread for that.

8 minutes ago, a bear said:

what up

Hey. Sorry about that. I have it written down now so I can't possibly forget.

Just now, Ralphophoulous said:

But those maps were still better than Awakenings. So Julia's got that for her against her opponent too! 

No way in hell. Awakening may be one dimensional, but at least I can beat the maps in 4 minutes and get it over with. FE4 drags for 1000 years. 

2 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

It's because she is a miss fanservice for creepy weeaboos and those creepy weeaboos made her popular, thus IS pushes her down our throats. Camilla is another story....

4 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

I thought it was fairly time this time around.

7 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

Is it because she's popular or because of the fanservice?

It's considered “cool” to bash things that are popular in some circles.

Not cool in reality.

EDIT: here we go.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Ralphophoulous said:

But those maps were still better than Awakenings. So Julia's got that for her against her opponent too! 

Julia will have to walk five unskippable player phases just to get a quarter of the way across one of her maps. Too bad she's got no horse ~

13 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

A combination of fanservice, backlash of her popularity, her treatment of Noire, and some people don't like her because they consider her crush on Robin Avatar pandering.  Plus she's the favorite to win and people like to root for the underdog.   I don't have a problem with Tharja but I think those are most of the reasons people dislike her.

Edited by pumpkinspice48
typo fix

#TeamLeo Round 1 results

Feathers: 1,700 + 500 = 2,200
Flags remaining: 530

Rejoice, for Leo has gained redemption from gauntlet Prime! With that goal out of the way, comes vengeance for Archanea. In this coming round, know tha while I could not fight for you prior, Merric, this next coming trial, I fight in your name. May your winds carry me across round 2!

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I thought it was fairly time this time around.

Then it turns into this...oh well.

1 minute ago, L9999 said:

No way in hell. Awakening may be one dimensional, but at least I can beat the maps in 4 minutes and get it over with. FE4 drags for 1000 years. 

It's because she is a miss fanservice for creepy weeaboos and those creepy weeaboos made her popular, thus IS pushes her down our throats. Camilla is another story....

Not entirely sure why people like the idea of being stalked.

Just now, Magnux7 said:

While I used to be among those who hated her, I consider myself at worst ambivalent towards her now. Assuming Leo does lose to Robin, I'm definitely going over to Team Tharja as I have a 5* Tharja compared to 4* Robin and I refuse to support the team that eliminated my #1 pick in this gauntlet. Also, I personally quite like Stephanie Sheh's Tharja particularly in this game but different strokes for different folks I guess. Cindy Robinson's Peri is another story... 

I think I'm averaging about 6 hours per chapter right now.....chapter 3 was the worst, took me like 12 because people kept dying. And that was while using saves :/

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Did you accidentally double type that pair of 1's in the middle?

They're probably still experimenting with the system and probably want to see how the multiplier affects match-ups where there's a clear winner. (At least, that's exactly what I'd do if I were a game developer and testing things in production.)

I did apparently, my apologizes. 

at least I can beat the maps in 4 minutes

isn't that the problem? It's no Holy War. 

It's just a few random clicks away from being over....  (I heard it was called awakening because you can beat it in your sleep and the hardest part ends up being getting through the credits) 

5 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

My big problem with her is that she really seems like a character designed to appeal to fetishes. When you try to look past that and into her personality, she's really not that pleasant of a person. Child abuse, stalking, cursing allies whatever.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not entirely sure why people like the idea of being stalked.

They don't see it as being stalked, but as a hot girl being really into them.   Basically it's similar to that joke about how the difference between something being creepy and romantic is how attractive the person is.

Edited by pumpkinspice48

1 minute ago, immatx said:

I think I'm averaging about 6 hours per chapter right now.....chapter 3 was the worst, took me like 12 because people kept dying. And that was while using saves :/

Good grief, how big are those maps?

1 minute ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

A combination of fanservice, backlash of her popularity, her treatment of Noire, and some people don't like her because they consider he crush on Robin Avatar planning.  Plus she's the favorite to win and people like to root for the underdog.   I don't have a problem with Tharja but I think those are most of the reasons people dislike her.

1 minute ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

They don't see it as being stalked, but as a hot girl being really into them.  

"Planning?"

Yeah, that's stalking. I don't care how hot she is, if she's watching me sleep that's just too far. Plus, it's got to be really annoying for Robin to have to put up with that until death.

1 minute ago, Ralphophoulous said:

It's just a few random clicks away from being over....  (I heard it was called awakening because you can beat it in your sleep and the hardest part ends up being getting through the credits) 

Let's tone down the Awakening bashing.

3 minutes ago, Ralphophoulous said:

Just imagine if it had phoenix mode

2 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

They don't see it as being stalked, but as a hot girl being really into them.   Basically it's similar to that joke about how the difference between something being creepy and romantic is how attractive the person is.

That was a joke?