Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

If nothing else, we can count on Team Tharja ultimately scoring fewer feathers than the rest of us :D

Like I said, the "obvious winner" seems to always be the one to suffer the most.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I've been wondering this for a while, but when one side loses to another, do more people join the side that beat them (as a sign of camaraderie and respect, like with Chrom and Ephraim) or do more people join the side that didn't (as an act of vengeance)?

It depends. From my own exp in the first gauntlet, I went Leo, where he lost in the first round. Because of that humiliating loss, I then went with Chrom in hopes of avenging Leo, and as much as I had salt from having lost to Ephraim TWICE, that second round was too grand a battle to hold any kind of contempt. You could even say that it was....

Spoiler

A GRAND HERO BATTLE!!

The 2nd one, I went with Minerva all the way to the end, and here we are now. In this one, it was really the brackets that were the deciding factor but ultimately I was pretty much out for both redemption of Leo and retribution for Merric, for having no chance against Robin. With both of them likely taking Ls from the same person, I'm rather unsure who to go with next, given the likely outcome of the girls branch, despite having both of them

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I've been wondering this for a while, but when one side loses to another, do more people join the side that beat them (as a sign of camaraderie and respect, like with Chrom and Ephraim) or do more people join the side that didn't (as an act of vengeance)?

It depends. From my own exp in the first gauntlet, I went Leo, where he lost in the first round. Because of that humiliating loss, I then went with Chrom in hopes of avenging Leo, and as much as I had salt from having lost to Ephraim TWICE, that second round was too grand a battle to hold any kind of contempt. You could even say that it was....

Spoiler

A GRAND HERO BATTLE!!

The 2nd one, I went with Minerva all the way to the end, and here we are now. In this one, it was really the brackets that were the deciding factor but ultimately I was pretty much out for both redemption of Leo and retribution for Merric, for having no chance against Robin. With both of them likely taking Ls from the same person, I'm rather unsure who to go with next, given the likely outcome of the girls branch, despite having both of them

Well, I was to take advantage of last hour's multiplier and I'm now ranked in the top 1K of Team Leo (#589 to be exact). Also, I can see you and your Oboro who I have yet to get in any of my battles at #554 @Anime27Arts

32 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If nothing else, we can count on Team Tharja ultimately scoring fewer feathers than the rest of us :D

Implying that all of us who are or will be on Team Tharja give a crap about getting the most feathers, huh? I'd much rather side with the character I actually want to support instead of the one that would give me more feathers but is a character that I don't care about. Besides, I have no one on my roster currently that I'm dying to promote to a 5* anyways.

If Julia doesn't get lucky, my choice for the next round is basically just lesser of two evils.  

I will continue giving Team Julia moral support in hope that she successfully overtakes that hag, though!  Go, Julia!  You have my full support if you win because we of Team Leo are practically dead.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Well, I was to take advantage of last hour's multiplier and I'm now ranked in the top 1K of Team Leo (#589 to be exact). Also, I can see you and your Oboro who I have yet to get in any of my battles at #554 @Anime27Arts

Implying that all of us who are or will be on Team Tharja give a crap about getting the most feathers, huh? I'd much rather side with the character I actually want to support instead of the one that would give me more feathers but is a character that I don't care about. Besides, I have no one on my roster currently that I'm dying to promote to a 5* anyways.

I'm at 146 on Leo.  I want to spend all my remaining flags on this round, because Leo is more worthy of them than either of the likely finalists.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh is that what it sounded like? Mbad, I promise there was no such implication. 

I'm simply consoling myself with the fact that I'll probably lose but at least get a lot of feathers for my troubles. 

I wholeheartedly support the notion of fighting for the character you like, not the one that nets you the most gains. I'm not personally a fan of Tharja, but I respect those on her side who genuinely like her character and support her because of that. 

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Taw, my Oboro hasn't graced you with her presence? Tis a shame.  You can see how little of a life I've had to make it up there and still have about 1,000 flags to spend closer to the end.  There's still 6 hours left, maybe Oboro will visit you soon!  I sure have gotten @Arcanite and your Nino a lot, and I can say, they are the only reason, I haven't taken Leo from the lead that I use.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm simply consoling myself with the fact that I'll probably lose but at least get a lot of feathers for my troubles. 

I wholeheartedly support the notion of fighting for the character you like, not the one that nets you the most gains. I'm not personally a fan of Tharja, but I respect those on her side who genuinely like her character and support her because of that. 

Eh, it's cool. If you want to support Robin because you don't care for Tharja and that it would give you more feathers, that's your choice and I completely respect it. Sorry if I got unnecessarily ornery there by the way.

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Too bad feathers mean little to me. I'm approaching 80K.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, it's cool. If you want to support Robin because you don't care for Tharja and that it would give you more feathers, that's your choice and I completely respect it. Sorry if I got unnecessarily ornery there by the way.

It's not even that; I just genuinely like Robin. That's all there is to it. And you're fine. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

????????????????

You, uh, wanna donate some of those? Buddy? Pal? 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's not even that; I just genuinely like Robin. That's all there is to it. And you're fine. 

????????????????

You, uh, wanna donate some of those? Buddy? Pal? 

If only that was an option, I might trade for units. As to why I have so many, I've only promoted one character to five star (Nino). I've upgraded some for skill fodder and I have Anna at 4* and the other two at 3. Oh, and an early 3-4* Frederick promotion since I needed an axe user.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You have no good 3 or 4* units?

Is anyone in the top 1000 or top 5000 on Team Robin? If so what is your score?

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Taw, my Oboro hasn't graced you with her presence? Tis a shame.  You can see how little of a life I've had to make it up there and still have about 1,000 flags to spend closer to the end.  There's still 6 hours left, maybe Oboro will visit you soon!  I sure have gotten @Arcanite and your Nino a lot, and I can say, they are the only reason, I haven't taken Leo from the lead that I use.

It's kinda weird. I got your Leo quite a bit back in Round 1 when you had him set as your lead but this round I've pretty much only been getting two different Hectors from my pool of friends plus a Chrom occasionally. I also haven't gotten @Locke087's Cecilia at all when I did get his Kagero a time or two back in Round 1.

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Alright, cool.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's kinda weird. I got your Leo quite a bit back in Round 1 when you had him set as your lead but this round I've pretty much only been getting two different Hectors from my pool of friends plus a Chrom occasionally. I also haven't gotten @Locke087's Cecilia at all when I did get his Kagero a time or two back in Round 1.

Hmmm. I'm going to change it for a round and then back to Oboro and see if that has anything to do with it.   I hope Leo helped out some, I know in round 1 there weren't nearly as many blues for me, but it seems they keep multiplying

I only join losing teams for feathers. That multiplier bonus will net me a higher cumulative rank too, but everybody is guaranteed a 1000 feathers at the end regardless of score. I'd be more inclined to join characters that are my favorites if my favorites were in the game, much less chosen to be in a Gauntlet. The only mage in the game that I maybe would have backed from the beginning would be Cecilia, but she wasn't picked.

Why haven't Julia recieved the x3 bonus yet?? I'm pretty sure the score difference is larger than 10% right now 0.0

edit: Nvrm, it's like 9,8% or something lol..

Edited by Magnux7

8 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

Why haven't Julia recieved the x3 bonus yet?? I'm pretty sure the score difference is larger than 10% right now 0.0

So, I did some calculations.

Tharja has 13,011,328,543

10% of that is 1,301,132,854.3

13,011,328,453 - 1,301,132,854 = 11,710,195,678.5

Julia is just above that with 11,748,893,649, so is just barely within 10% of Tharja.

Edited by Frenzify

1 minute ago, Frenzify said:

So, I did some calculations.

Tharja has 13,011,328,543

10% of that is 1,301,132,854.3

13,011,328,453 - 1,301,132,854 = 11,710,195,678.5

Julia is just above that with 11,748,893,649, so is just barely within 10% of Tharja.

Yeah I did my calculation wrong at first, but noticed soon after ^^ 

I'm team Tharja btw. Just want Julia to get that x3 bonus now so she won't get it later on~

Just now, Magnux7 said:

Yeah I did my calculation wrong at first, but noticed soon after ^^ 

I'm team Tharja btw. Just want Julia to get that x3 bonus now so she won't get it later on~

I feel bad for Team Julia, but same. I'm hoping that she won't be able to pass us, but still get close enough to get rid of the multiplier.

I just noticed that the top player on Team Julia has exactly 1,000,000 points.   Wondering if there's actually a cap on the points you can get in a round now, or if they purposefully stopped there.

19 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I feel bad for Team Julia, but same. I'm hoping that she won't be able to pass us, but still get close enough to get rid of the multiplier.

It's a bit funny how most of the people here who's not on team Tharja, outright hates her.

I actually really like Julia though, she's very adorable c: 

4 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

It's a bit funny how most of the people here who's not on team Tharja, outright hates her.

I actually really like Julia though, she's very adorable c: 

While I'm not on Team Tharja yet, I can say I'm not among those here who hates her and have actually warmed up to her over time. Really, this gauntlet had no characters that I outright dislike which is good I guess. I'm still not looking forward to seeing Lyn and/or Takumi in a gauntlet but that's my own problem.

10 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

Well i don't think I will be joining her team, but I don't hate her.  She's not a bad unit.  I mainly like her because Noire is a great unit who I absolutely love.