Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

https://serenesforest.net/general/localisation-changes/gameplay/

According to this, Ice Dragon is correct.

Huh yeah i probably confused it, but i do remember reading on how Jerme's PFOD weapon of choice and a part of the dialogue did not made sense if he didn't wield Runesword in that chapter

Nice to see confirmation though

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, unique said:

kinda weird that he's getting the regal blade instead of the light brand, considering lloyd never actually used the regal sword when he was alive, but I guess they want to save the light brand for leaf

really hoping his art is good, since I've always liked lloyd's design a lot.  his voice seems pretty fitting there, so that's nice. looking forward to this one, I hope it's soon

I doubt the Light Brand will be in the game; it doesn't suit Heroes mechanics particularly well. Leif will probably have the Blaggi Sword, like how other lords have their endgame weapons rather than their earlygame weapons.

54 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Please no generic "Accelerates special trigger count" ability.  There's enough of that.

Serenes already lists a datamined effect for the Regal Blade: "If foe’s HP is 100% when combat starts, unit receives Atk/Spd+2 during combat". Which is pretty odd.

7 minutes ago, JSND said:

@Ice Dragon I actually just rechecked it, but isn't Rune Sword actually on Jerme while Lloyd always had Light Brand?

Pegasusknight.com only has data for Eliwood normal mode with Lloyd first, but confirms that Linus has a Rune Sword if he is encountered second. I believe Jerme has a Rune Sword in the Japanese version, but I can't confirm.

4 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

@Ice Dragon Fensalir is actually Threaten Atk 2.

Indeed it is. I thought it was strange Eckesachs and Fensalir were in the same bucket... I didn't remember them having the same effect.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Pegasusknight.com only has data for Eliwood normal mode with Lloyd first, but confirms that Linus has a Rune Sword if he is encountered second. I believe Jerme has a Rune Sword in the Japanese version, but I can't confirm.

Thanks

.....so anyone have FE7 Japan save with HHM unlocked? ROFL

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

I doubt the Light Brand will be in the game; it doesn't suit Heroes mechanics particularly well. Leif will probably have the Blaggi Sword, like how other lords have their endgame weapons rather than their earlygame weapons.

Serenes already lists a datamined effect for the Regal Blade: "If foe’s HP is 100% when combat starts, unit receives Atk/Spd+2 during combat". Which is pretty odd.

I don't see anything wrong with Light Brand.  Essentially it would make physical units do magic damage and have 2rng instead of 1.  

That is a very odd effect, considering Celica's is just better in every way.  Hopefully they change it.

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I don't see anything wrong with Light Brand.  Essentially it would make physical units do magic damage and have 2rng instead of 1.  

That is a very odd effect, considering Celica's is just better in every way.  Hopefully they change it.

Its... arguably really not

Ragnarok is IIRC When Cellica got into combat at full HP, she got +5 ATK +5 SPD. POST COMBAT, she took 6 damage

Regal Blade is +2 A/S when the opponent your fighting is at max HP

Objectively speaking Ragnarok is better because if you can sustain it with heals, it can do your tax, do your laundry, do your taxes, paid for your rent, summon every 5 stars in the game at -ATK IV, kill reinhardt, finish your homework, and give much higher stats bonus, but Regal's effect is practically permanent under some context while Ragnarok is designed as a 1 use

Regal is essentially Reverse Binding Blade and pretty close to Swift Sparrow 1 tacked on a Weapon

Edited by JSND

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

Regal Blade is +2 A/S when the opponent your fighting is at max HP

I'm not sure how I totally overlooked the fact that Regal Blade's effect is if your opponent is at max HP and not yourself.

36 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Basically, a red tome except its affected by swordbreaker instead of R.tomebreaker

I think a distant counter that hits resistance would be more interesting

50 minutes ago, Lushen said:

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

Basically, a red tome except its affected by swordbreaker instead of R.tomebreaker

I think a distant counter that hits resistance would be more interesting

The most awesome (and accurate-to-source) implementation would be to have a red sword weapon that counts as a blue tome weapon when the opponent initiates combat at range.

Four sword GHBs in a row is barf. Tiny part of me is holding out hope that the Omikuji or whatever is a sign that they're changing plans and Camus is coming first. Ah well, only a few more weeks.

I've always liked Lloyd and always wished there was some way to save him. Killing morph him is so sad :( Same for Uhai and Linus. They just seem like pretty cool characters :( Plus Nino having to fight them is heartbreaking -.- 

I'm really hopeful for good art :) I might 5* him if it's good enough, though my next 5* is likely Michalis. 

I think I said it in some other thread, but I think it'd be interesting if Lloyd & Linus had a skill for Iron Rune. Since crits aren't in, maybe it could ignore specials at certain HP thresholds?

1 minute ago, r_n said:

I think I said it in some other thread, but I think it'd be interesting if Lloyd & Linus had a skill for Iron Rune. Since crits aren't in, maybe it could ignore specials at certain HP thresholds?

We already have Titania's Guard, which does almost the same thing.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Like Guard?

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We already have Titania's Guard, which does almost the same thing.

Guard is similar in that it delays the charge, but I was thinking just wasting the charge.

So says Zephial has reprisal charged up and some lost hp to fuel it, he goes to attack Lloyd. He's at whatever hp threshold to activate Iron Rune, Zephial's special pops off, but no extra damage happens.

e: to put it another way, specials that add damage would just add zero and reset. Like using blazing wind with navarre against like 90% of armors.

Edited by r_n

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Regal Sword sounds disappointing as signature weapons go but it will have high attack if nothing else. Time to assemble my Black Fang team.

Regal Blade is far from being one of the best weapons of the game, but it isn't that bad. Way better than having a Silver Sword+ or Killing Edge+, and at least we can use the effect on counterattacks as well. I really hope his stats are decent, though.

I was wondering if IS is going to make a new A, B or C skill for him, since he is the first brand new Grand Hero unit, and new released units always have new skills nowadays. Maybe a Spur Atk/Spd, like Mist's Spur Def/Res.

1 minute ago, Red Shrike said:

Regal Blade is far from being one of the best weapons of the game, but it isn't that bad. Way better than having a Silver Sword+ or Killing Edge+, and at least we can use the effect on counterattacks as well. I really hope his stats are decent, though.

I wish it was just Swift Sparrow 1. The enemy can easily have less than full health (from past combat or Fury). It is better than a silver weapon so I can't complain that much.

Edited by NekoKnight

Blew my only 25 orbs on the PoR banner trying to get Ike and all I have to show for it is a 4* Hawkeye. I wouldn't have cared much, the Celica banner is cool but I can live without any of those characters. Then I remembered that this GHB battle was going to happen. Which probably means a "Fighting Lloyd" banner... which means Blazing Sword characters.

...which means Lyn.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Most I'll get is probably 20-30 Orbs from the new quests. 40 if I'm lucky... but that also means if I hadn't splurged like an igit, I'd have 60, a bunch of tries for her... impulses man. They don't serve the F2P.

To stay on topic, I do like Lloyd. But he probably won't be as good as some of the better sword units. 

11 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I wish it was just Swift Sparrow 1. The enemy can easily have less than full health (from past combat or Fury). It is better than a silver weapon so I can't complain that much.

As Lloyd is one of my favorite characters, I also wanted his weapon to be better. But we will be able to work around Regal Blade's effect. I'm only concerned about his stats...

24 minutes ago, Red Shrike said:

I was wondering if IS is going to make a new A, B or C skill for him, since he is the first brand new Grand Hero unit, and new released units always have new skills nowadays. Maybe a Spur Atk/Spd, like Mist's Spur Def/Res.

Looking at the track record, most GHB characters had some sort of skill that was new to the player characters, although all the pre-Lloyd ones were ones that had previously been available to enemies and some were non-inheritable ultimate weapons.

f!Robin: Gronnwolf, B Tomebreaker

Ursula: Blarwolf, Growing Thunder

Michalis: Iote's Shield

Zephiel: Eckesachs

Xander: Siegfried

Camus: Gradivus, Grani's Shield

Narcian and Navarre are the only exceptions. Camus isn't released yet, but still.

So Lloyd having a weapon that hasn't even been available to enemies is already breaking the pattern (along with him not having appeared in the story), but it also makes him already have as much as multiple previous GHB characters. He could have more, though.

Edited by Othin

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Then I remembered that this GHB battle was going to happen. Which probably means a "Fighting Lloyd" banner... which means Blazing Sword characters.

...which means Lyn.

Why would a Lloyd GHB focus necessitate Blazing Sword characters or even Lyn specifically? The characters selected are supposed to be effective counters to the map, not adhering to what series they come from.

Save your orbs for CYL Lyn.

9 minutes ago, Red Shrike said:

As Lloyd is one of my favorite characters, I also wanted his weapon to be better. But we will be able to work around Regal Blade's effect. I'm only concerned about his stats...

But in this inflated sword roster, I would have hoped for a good unique weapon to set him apart. I like to think that the devs would give him stats to compliment his weapon/skills, but then again, they gave Zephiel Life and Death.

Edited by NekoKnight