Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Wait hold on, how did people datamined this? I don't recall any updates from the last few days, so surely he would've been revealed before then. Oh well.

They usually update on mondays.  Therefore, sunday night they like to upload the new game assets to make sure everything goes smoothly the following day. 

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

It's Lloyd's version of four fanged offense, aka the map no one plays.

Makes sense, I fucked up (as usual). I remembered the rivers and mountains in the lower part of Cog of Destiny and it threw me off.

Cog of Destiny is not Cog of Destiny without a huge-ass Shrine of Seals/Binding/Bondage/whatever anyway.

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Wait hold on, how did people datamined this? I don't recall any updates from the last few days, so surely he would've been revealed before then. Oh well.

An update was pushed a few hours ago.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Vergil

You mean Belf, amirite?

Edited by Vaximillian

16 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Ike has the Regal Sword while Lloyd has the Regal Blade. I had to look it up since I swear Ike didn't have a Regal Blade when I checked on Lloyd's sword a while back. He's probably going to be up this morning since GHB heroes are introduced with a week between them and Xander's was 2 weeks ago.

True.

There's also data mined Narcian reboot.  But I think you're right about the two weeks to Narcian might come after Lloyd.

1 minute ago, Ottokar said:

What's going on exactly?

See thread's title?

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Shrine of Bondage

Wew lad

Also screw WoW!

1 minute ago, Ottokar said:

What's going on exactly?

People dug up Lloyd's upcoming GHB map and his artwork in the game's files.

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

See thread's title?

No, owing to a combination of illegal blindness and laziness.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

People dug up Lloyd's upcoming GHB map and his artwork in the game's files.

Aha! Dobra! Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

It's Lloyd's version of four fanged offense, aka the map no one plays.

It was the only one I played.  I didn't really use the lords - too focused on the other characters.

1 hour ago, Red Shrike said:

Yeah, I guess Lloyd will start a new pattern for all future GHB, since they are all going to be new units (with exception of Camus). New weapon plus one new passive seems reasonable. Maybe he could have a passive for Iron Rune, which is dropped by the Reed brothers on Cog of Destiny chapter from FE7.

I recommend against expecting a new passive. It's possible that they're just being generous with the new banner units to get people to spend orbs on them when they wouldn't otherwise be exciting, and don't feel the need to give free GHB units that treatment. So extrapolating based on the banner units seems uncertain, and it's the only basis for expecting a new passive. It's certainly a possibility, and it'd be cool if it happens, but better to not expect it and be happy if it shows up than to expect it and be disappointed if it doesn't.

There are certainly cool things they could do with his passives even without including a new one, such as giving him one of the ones that was added through a rare banner unit, to make it more available. Heavy Blade, for example, requires a 5* Ike to inherit from, which is a tall order but would get easier if Lloyd was an option. So that would be cool, although I think it's still on the optimistic side.

14 minutes ago, Lushen said:

They usually update on mondays.  Therefore, sunday night they like to upload the new game assets to make sure everything goes smoothly the following day. 

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

An update was pushed a few hours ago.

Oh. I don't play the game for a few hours and stuff already happens while I'm away. (At this point it's just gonna turn into a bad habit...)

As far as new passive goes, I would have expected it to be datamined with the rest of this so I wouldn't expect any new skills on Lloyd.

Never know though.

I still think (other than his hands) the default pose is fine.  And it and the facial portrait is all I ever really see cause I have combat animations turned off.

Edited by Lushen

9 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

First Ursula, then Zephiel and now Lloyd's artwork. Life is suffering.

Ursula looks comedic, but what's wrong with Zephiel's artwork? He looks... a bit crabby like a man cosplaying instead of an actual king, But the artwork itself isn't just terrible.

Edited by Zeo

9 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

what's wrong with zephiel's? i thought it was quite good, personally

15 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

What's wrong with Zephiel's artwork anyway? (unless you just don't like the style)

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ursula looks comedic, but what's wrong with Zephiel's artwork? He looks... a bit crabby like a man cosplaying instead of an actual king, But the artwork itself isn't just terrible.

8 minutes ago, unique said:

what's wrong with zephiel's? i thought it was quite good, personally

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What's wrong with Zephiel's artwork anyway? (unless you just don't like the style)

Mostly the art style that makes him look too old. His attack poses and damage pose are pretty good but his vacant-eyed default pose makes me want to caption the image with "Did I leave the stove on...?" Or [Misanthropes internally]