New info on FE Warriors

Just now, Falcom said:

Oh yeah, I forgot costumes. But honestly I don't think more costumes are necessary, especially for a series like this.

You're quoting me for something that I didn't even mention just so you can complain about the roster? Seriously? You didn't even bother reading the first sentence did you?

I never even brought up the idea of alternate costumes. I just merely criticized Marth's design. Stop trying to take that as an excuse to say such a thing. It's annoying and something that I'm not in the mood for dealing with.

Yes, I get that you guys are upset. But this is just ridiculous.

Sorry, I am just unbelievably pissed right now. I just hoped, hoped SO HARD this would be more than another Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates f***fest. I'll limit my anger. I just need to find something fragile to smash on the ground right now.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lord Raymond said:

Sorry, I am just unbelievably pissed right now. I just hoped, hoped SO HARD this would be more than another Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates f***fest. I'll limit my anger. I just need to find something fragile to smash on the ground right now.

I know how you feel, I'm still rather po'd too. All I really can hope for now is that both Ryoma and Frederick are at least playable as I stated before. And that Ike gets in at least as DLC.

I understood why Hyrule Warriors was only OoT, TP, and SS at first. They had the most notable characters to pick from, and Zelda doesn't have nearly as big a cast to choose from in the first place.

But FE has many diverse casts and great and popular characters to pick from. Limiting the base game to just three titles out of all of these hurts it a lot more.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Folt said:

In general popularity though, Awakening and Fates's casts have them beat.

Still doesn't mean they should be the only casts to get characters in the game.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Still doesn't mean they should be the only casts to get characters in the game.

They'll hit the widest array of fans, which I believe you said was important for games like these.

28 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

The roster will most likely be big enough for some more characters than just the Royals.

A friend sent me this link and seeing the roster size mention actually inspires thought about other entries moreso than just those mentioned.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/30/fire-emblem-warriors-will-mostly-feature-heroes-shadow-dragon-awakening-fates/

It's like the Gundam Musou games. The Universal Century Timeline from Gundam is the most represented with the various other continuities such as After Colony and Future Century are still significantly present with significant representation from them.

That's ultimately how I see this going. Massive roster meaning the inevitable strong representation for the listed titles with others getting moderate to minor representation based on popularity.

I can almost certainly see Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, and Sigurd being used. Micaiah and Sigurd I feel least likely of those 4 though however.

I don't not see the Smash reps being involved and likely the represented trophies too. Long-term that's pretty good for a minimalistic sense anyway. Given a lack of the Trophy in the Wii U/3DS version of Smash, I'd wonder if they'd use Ashnard since he had one in Brawl...

I wonder how shapeshifters will be used. I'm interested to know.

I feel like I've rambled...

Did this seem rambly to you guys?

Edited by Light Strategist

A question. Does the article state whether or not Marth's kingdom (Archanea or Altea) is in the same realm as the OC's kingdom? 

Characters mostly from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates? Was to be expected but disappointing news nonetheless. Killed most of my interest.

7 minutes ago, LFM said:

Characters mostly from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates? Was to be expected but disappointing news nonetheless. Killed most of my interest.

Same. I will try to lit up until E3, but I am not letting my hopes up after this.

36 minutes ago, Folt said:

They'll hit the widest array of fans, which I believe you said was important for games like these.

And they'd hit an even wider array of fans if they also included a few more classic characters alongside them.

35 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

A friend sent me this link and seeing the roster size mention actually inspires thought about other entries moreso than just those mentioned.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/30/fire-emblem-warriors-will-mostly-feature-heroes-shadow-dragon-awakening-fates/

It's like the Gundam Musou games. The Universal Century Timeline from Gundam is the most represented with the various other continuities such as After Colony and Future Century are still significantly present with significant representation from them.

That's ultimately how I see this going. Massive roster meaning the inevitable strong representation for the listed titles with others getting moderate to minor representation based on popularity.

I can almost certainly see Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, and Sigurd being used. Micaiah and Sigurd I feel least likely of those 4 though however.

I don't not see the Smash reps being involved and likely the represented trophies too. Long-term that's pretty good for a minimalistic sense anyway. Given a lack of the Trophy in the Wii U/3DS version of Smash, I'd wonder if they'd use Ashnard since he had one in Brawl...

I wonder how shapeshifters will be used. I'm interested to know.

I feel like I've rambled...

"The roster would be nothing but sword wielders"

Seriously? THIS is their reason for not including characters like Ephraim, Hector, Micaiah, etc who don't even use swords? And the roster already looks like it's mostly swords anyway! This is so hypocritical.

Well still catching up, I'll give some general comments I guess,

1 I think the given statements are being given a bit too much weight at least at this time.

2 I think the sword comment (while overlapping with 1) can easily hold up despite people being able to point out seemingly obvious holes (I could and might do a whole list on this one)

3 We don't know how they are handling charecters from their games yet. I find Games generally like to keep things consistent, so cherry picking characters (like Empharim's lance might to them be inherently tied with Erika's sword) could easily not be how they are handling things.

4 I'm far from a video game design expert but isn't expecting CYL results to matter for the main game kinda silly? Wouldn't the characters be chosen before that be a pretty likely possibility if not a near certainty?

5 I'm more interested in how they handle movesets and protrayals than getting every charecter I like in there, and the given games have some sweet possibilities. 

6 Not surprised but still a good protion of given reactions here are pretty off putting. 

Edited by goodperson707

26 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Can't wait to see gorgeous HD Excellus!

Luscious HD lips; you can see every pore, every fiber, every chewed off piece of skin

34 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I don't think it did, but this is coming from Mister "Write a Three Paragraph Essay with Every New Thread I Enter".

Honestly, the article is giving me some hope.  Maybe not necessarily for much outside representation, but just seeing more out-of-band characters.  I don't want it to just be "main characters plus Tharja" or whatever.

Also, to those arguing with those who might be bitter or disappointed... I think some people may be overreacting, but unless they're actively hurting someone over it, it's their prerogative how they feel and choose to act on their feelings, not yours.  And I doubt anyone here who's expressing disappointment/bitterness are trying to impose that feeling on others.  I say let them vent all they want.  You're not gonna convince them to buy the game by ranting about how "irrational" they're being.

Most here don't care for Musou games.  They're not following this to get another Warriors game; they're following it to get a Fire Emblem spin-off.  And because FE is such a character-oriented series, it's only natural that they'd be so concerned about the cast.  I know I am.  I want to kick loads of ass with my favorite FE characters, not just some chums that everyone adores.  And that's how others feel, except their ideal casts come from the older games.  There's nothing wrong with that.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? THIS is their reason for not including characters like Ephraim, Hector, Micaiah, etc who don't even use swords? And the roster already looks like it's mostly swords anyway! This is so hypocritical.

That's my reason for seeing them as very likely candidates to be used. There's a lot to be doable with their weapon choices and character for something like this and I'm sure they'd not have dismissed the freedom they'd get from them.

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

That's my reason for seeing them as very likely candidates to be used. There's a lot to be doable with their weapon choices and character for something like this and I'm sure they'd not have dismissed the freedom they'd get from them.

Makes sense.

Also, even characters who use the same weapon can be very different. Ike's swordplay is definitely MUCH different from Marth's, for example. Marth uses a more graceful fencing style with a normal sized sword while Ike uses a big two-hander and a rugged hard-hitting style.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And they'd hit an even wider array of fans if they also included a few more classic characters alongside them.

This is exactly what I said earlier and it reflects extremely badly on ...who's saying this again?  Is it Intelligent Systems or Koei Tecmo?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Makes sense.

Also, even characters who use the same weapon can be very different. Ike's swordplay is definitely MUCH different from Marth's, for example. Marth uses a more graceful fencing style with a normal sized sword while Ike uses a big two-hander and a rugged hard-hitting style.

That comes from their widely different upbringing. Marth inevitably knows the mannerisms needed to present at court and the like, whereas Ike basically grew up in a quiet area with a few other people around. He had no need for such a refined attitude but was still taught to be respectful, hence why his style being based around his strength more than his speed is a better fit for him.

Chrom's style by comparison to both is somewhere in the middle due to Chrom's royal upbringing and distaste for their mandatory nature. So what's reflected in his fighting style is a level of both, grace and aggression, Lucina's like that as well, but it seemed like Smash Bros. missed it.

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

This is exactly what I said earlier and it reflects extremely badly on ...who's saying this again?  Is it Intelligent Systems or Koei Tecmo?

I think IS.

But one good thing the article does give me is hope that Frederick will be playable after all and we won't just see Fates Royals and Awakening main characters + Tharja and Awakening kid trio. It mentions there being cavalier and horse characters.

EDIT: @Light Strategist Yeah, exactly, I'm aware and it proves my point there.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Hell yeah, I love Ike's style.  He was one of my favorites to use in SSB Brawl.  And he's obviously a beast in his own games.  I'd like to think Ike is more an exception to the "sword users" rule as opposed to, say, Marth vs. Roy.  Plus, he actually does use axes as well on more than one occasion.

Though then again, maybe throwing the term "sword users" around so loosely is just kind of dumb.  I don't want a hundred copies of Marth, but I also think there are plenty of sword users who have unique fighting styles.

Needless to say, the only guys really jeopardized by this selection is most likely the Jugdral boys. Especially Leif since as it stands he's the least mentioned Lord even here in SF. My questions stands more of those games will get representation or Thracia more specifically.  I'm sure dlc will cover everyone in some fashion despite the selection being small for them as well

The guys at Koei Tecmo know how to make a varied moveset, they've done it for many games and spinoffs so variety isn't an issue. That I'm sure we'll be fine in plus the gameplay is cathartic enough to make you enjoy the visuals. 

Also Camila or Tharja are definitely shoe ins merely because if you've seen most of the DW ladies you can tell they favor girls who are stacked. 

Edited by Raguna