New info on FE Warriors

Just now, Soledai said:

So many armchairs...

I look at it like this: You've got a working theory on what they roster'll look like, s'fine. Is it satisfactory? Yes no maybe so, but for several peeps I know that are thinking ahead, we can get on with the most important part; gameplay and mechanics(in detail). And trailers of said gameplay, which is more important and valuable than them flapping their proverbial gums.

Well, I think all the OCs might be customizable. The characters that come from the actual FEs might have their own unique movesets to set them apart from the OCs.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering when the game first started its development, the characters from Echoes will more than likely be DLC. When making any type of these kinds of games, rosters are usually some of the first things you have to keep in mind when moving onwards with a project.

Edited by Raguna

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Actually, yes, bad sales would hinder his popularity since it would mean that most people never even heard of him until Brawl. Speaking of, you can't say that he did not get a lot of Smash votes. You're in denial, but the simple fact is: his games were not popular. Face it, he's a memelord (can that be a DLC class in Fire Emblem Switch?) and that gets you a lot of popularity, especially for people who needed votes to round out their voting.

I'm not saying he didn't get any Smash votes. I'm sure he did.

But no, he is not a meme (a couple of his Smash lines sure got memey though).

His games are popular among FE fans from what I've seen (PoR more than RD too, and PoR is his main game).

You're just biased for your precious 3DS FE games. I'm not in denial, I know what I'm talking about. Like I said, I did research, I looked at polls, I looked at statistics.

The only fact you're getting right is that the games did sell poorly. But they weren't really given a proper chance to shine and they still got good reviews overall.

You kind of just confirmed my point that Smash is important.

Back then, it was more important, yes. It was the reason FE started getting western releases at all. But nowadays, it's not so much.

Edited by Anacybele

I hope Warriors doesn't shy away on info releasing like Echoes did. Every week without a Famitsu article just kept making me more dreadfully anxious. Hopefully this one is a bit more consistent, like every two weeks.

e3 should be fun as well. I wonder if Nintendy has the stones to put out a trailer for FE16 at e3, or if that'll be a TGS thing.

Anyway, Warriors games are my bread and butter, so I'm beyond hype, playable roster be damned. 

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But no, he is not a meme.

His games are popular among FE fans from what I've seen (PoR more than RD too, and PoR is his main game).

You're just biased for your precious 3DS FE games. I'm not in denial, I know what I'm talking about. Like I said, I did research, I looked at polls, I looked at statistics.

The only fact you're getting right is that the games did sell poorly. But they weren't really given a proper chance to shine and they still got good reviews overall.

Back then, it was more important, yes. It was the reason FE started getting western releases at all. But nowadays, it's not so much.

And you are being biased about your love for Ike.

Most polls are very unreliable. As I said, in the Heroes poll, Ike had two placements, and despite the fact both Ikes placed in the top 10, I say the majority of people who voted for one, voted for the other. Then we have the Famitsu poll, which was the Japanese fan base. The poll could have looked very different if Westerners were included.

I would like to see these other statistics you have though.

I'm not too excited about only (or mostly only) characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. Might just end up skipping it depending on the base game lineup.

Just now, Folt said:

Well, I think all the OCs might be customizable. The characters that come from the actual FEs might have their own unique movesets to set them apart from the OCs.

If the OCs aren't customizable, then that would render the "too many swords" concern of theirs null and void, tbqh.

Still, I'd like the OCs having interchangeable weapons or classes, that'd mesh well with the being able to switch characters during battle. (Not unlike Samurai Warriors).

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

I don't know if it's just me but those OCs remind me of a Fire Emblem version of Patroklos and Pyrrha from Soul Calibur V.

THAT'S where I know them from! That was doing my head in for the past few hours, thanks.

...Oh crap, you don't think they're going to turn out like THOSE two bundles of mess, do you?

9 minutes ago, Soledai said:

So many armchairs...

I look at it like this: You've got a working theory on what they roster'll look like, about time. Is it satisfactory? Yes no maybe so, s'fine. But for several peeps I know that are thinking ahead, we can get on with the most important part; gameplay and mechanics(in detail). And trailers of said gameplay, which is more important and valuable than them flapping their proverbial gums.

I'm curious as to how the weapon triangle will work in this type of game. Will be a simple damage boost or something more?

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But no, he is not a meme (a couple of his Smash lines sure got memey though).

That therefore makes him a meme. At least he's in good company with Captain Falcon.

Again, from what you've seen. Most fans don't go to forums.

Polls can be flawed. For instance, Famitsu polls don't take the West into account. And you are most definitely acting biased (and for your information, I don't care for Fates, but I can certainly see that it is very popular).

How am I wrong? Can you prove it? No? That's because you are going according to the hardcore fanbase and polls that are inherintly flawed polls (but still show that Awakening and Fates are more popular games which is what is important here).

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Most polls are very unreliable. As I said, in the Heroes poll, Ike had two placements, and despite the fact both Ikes placed in the top 10, I say the majority of people who voted for one, voted for the other. Then we have the Famitsu poll, which was the Japanese fan base. The poll could have looked very different if Westerners were included.

Well, he pretty much summed up my points.

Also speaking of the Heroes poll, despite the fact it was very flawed, 23 of the characters were from Awakening and Fates. While they didn't place as high as the likes of Ike (Who again had two placements) and Lyn, they still placed, and more characters that wouldn't be main characters, like Donnel, placed.

I expected this, I saw this coming and I can live with this but I won't deny that this is very bad news and it does damage my hype because we basically got confirmation that the roster is subpar.

I think I'm in the minority here but my biggest disappointment comes from the Archaneans. I still maintain that cast has nothing going for them apart from nostalgia that only exist in the east. They had their time to shine more than any other cast, they largely failed to catch up with their better successors each of those times and now they can impress us with their blandness once again.

I'm fond of the Awakening and Fates cast but their balance is to far to the wacky side of things. In a crossover this should be compensated with the more nuanced characters from the other games but the Archeneans can't do that by definition because they hardly have character to begin with.

This also means that the villains will have a very hard time in this game because none of the three cast has any impressive villain. Pretty much the only chance for interesting villains are Hardin or an original villain because Gharnef and Garon aren't going to impress us. 

I'm also a bit miffed at that ''to many sword'' nonsense. I would respect it more if they just said that they wanted to cash in on the popularity of the newer games and that nostalgia only counts if its Japanese.  Because business sense that is more or less reasonable. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Even if Koei Techmo is Japanese based...they really should focus on what the Western world wants. they should polling the West much more frequently. Take for example Hyrule Warriors. 47% came from North America, 34% came from Europe, and only 7% came from Japan. I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but the Westerners buy far more of Nintendo's game than the Japanese and I think we deserve to be respected more. Westerner's opinions should matter to them!

Just now, Azz said:

Also speaking of the Heroes poll, despite the fact it was very flawed, 23 of the characters were from Awakening and Fates. While they didn't place as high as the likes of Ike (Who again had two placements) and Lyn, they still placed, and more characters that wouldn't be main characters, like Donnel, placed.

Indeed, the highest non-3DS minor character was Dorcas at 21 who was a joke followed by Lute at 28.

14 minutes ago, Azz said:

Maybe a little, but I'm doing my best not to let too much bias get in the way, whereas Arthur can't back his claims up much because he hasn't played Ike's games or anything.

If a majority of Ike fans voted for both Ikes, then that means he's overall a popular character, and not just one of his incarnations is loved.

Ike was still a winner for both. He's currently the only character who's shown/proven that he can win both a Japanese-only poll AND an international poll with this revelation! If that's not enough to show how popular he really is between both FE fans and other fans, I don't know what is. Also, aren't the Japanese the main target audience with everyone else as secondary buyers? (as much as I'd like all of us to be treated equally)

As for other satistics, just google reviews for PoR and RD and stuff like that and you'll see what I mean.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That therefore makes him a meme. At least he's in good company with Captain Falcon.

No, it does not. Two of his lines being memey does not make the whole character memey. You really think you can compare Ike with characters like Dorcas, Oliver, or Wrys? Because no, you can't. Those three are true meme characters because that's all they have. Ike has much more than that. Fans who love his character, fans who love his designs and stats, fans who love everything about him.

EDIT: @Lord Raymond Thing is, that can probably be attributed to Zelda being more popular in the west than in Japan. FE's popularity seems to be more equal between regions all around.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

I don't know if it's just me but those OCs remind me of a Fire Emblem version of Patroklos and Pyrrha from Soul Calibur V.

Triggered

I at least like Lian, since she kinda looks like Noire with that hair.  Though yeah, two blonde sword users who are twins...  Definitely some connections there.

2 minutes ago, DIO said:

...Oh crap, you don't think they're going to turn out like THOSE two bundles of mess, do you?

Won't be the first time we got something vaguely resembling twincest in FE, I'll tell you that much.

I'm gonna try to hope for the best on this one.

37 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

I'm not miffed about the roster choice, all it does is makes that one character I really want have a slightly better chance. Still slim considering she's a second gen unit though. Doesn't change that I was interested from the get go and I have a pool of favorites between the three games.

Bro give me that avatar, who is that Sonya. 

Just now, Anacybele said:

Maybe a little, but I'm doing my best not to let too much bias get in the way, whereas Arthur can't back his claims up much because he hasn't played Ike's games or anything.

If a majority of Ike fans voted for both Ikes, then that means he's overall a popular character, and not just one of his incarnations is loved.

Ike was still a winner for both. He's currently the only character who's shown/proven that he can win both a Japanese-only poll AND an international poll with this revelation! If that's not enough to show how popular he really is between both FE fans and other fans, I don't know what is. Also, aren't the Japanese the main target audience with everyone else as secondary buyers? (as much as I'd like all of us to be treated equally)

As for other satistics, just google reviews for PoR and RD and stuff like that and you'll see what I mean.

No, it does not. Two of his lines being memey does not make the whole character memey. You really think you can compare Ike with characters like Dorcas, Oliver, or Wrys? Because no, you can't. Those three are true meme characters because that's all they have. Ike has much more than that. Fans who love his character, fans who love his designs and stats, fans who love everything about him.

Reviews mean little. It may have been a good game, but the numbers don't lie, it just didn't get out much.

Fans who love his stats would have to play his game which would be hard considering the afore mentioned point. I think you may be superimposing your thoughts on the entirety of Ike fans. And, again, Ike has more meme status due to just having more exposure to a casual fanbase. He may not have gone full meme, but it certainly helped. You have to look at this from the eyes of someone who never played his games.

Just now, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Lord Raymond Thing is, that can probably be attributed to Zelda being more popular in the west than in Japan. FE's popularity seems to be more equal between regions all around.

But that's not true. With Awakening and Fates, Japan still sold only 27% of the entire sales. North America and Europe once again dominate the boards with their sales. And on bigger Nintendo games like Pokemon and Mario, Japan's average gets even lower! yes, I know Japans a smaller country and all, but that still means most of their money is coming from the West. If they want to keep a steady income, they should really focus on what their biggest audience wants. 

Eh... as long as Robin is in, and he uses tomes im game

Not thrilled about the snorefest cast that will be Shadow Dragon and Fates,  but Awakening will satisfy me

Edited by Doof

Reviews mean little. It may have been a good game, but the numbers don't lie, it just didn't get out much.

Fans who love his stats would have to play his game which would be hard considering the afore mentioned point. I think you may be superimposing your thoughts on the entirety of Ike fans. And, again, Ike has more meme status due to just having more exposure to a casual fanbase. He may not have gone full meme, but it certainly helped. You have to look at this from the eyes of someone who never played his games.

And I think you're underestimating how many fans actually love him for things other than those memey lines. I used to think Ike might be liked only for Smash and that only a few people liked him for what he is in his games, me being in that minority.

I used to think he was only popular in the west, and that Japan generally disliked him because he wasn't bishy. They did call him a gorilla in Smash 4. >.>

Then the Famitsu poll happened. Lots of people were surprised to see Ike win, and even more surprise came to the reasons people listed for voting him: that he stood out as a lord character and was unique, nothing to do with Smash. Like I said before.

Then the Heroes poll happened too. I didn't expect Ike to make the top five, let alone win! But he did! And he made the top five TWICE for males!

If I, a major Ike fangirl, underestimated his popularity, which I did, then yeah, he's damn popular for a variety of reasons.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

!

Can't unsee this now, thanks :U

Wait! This could mean we get an Alpha and Omega version of them...!!

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I'm curious as to how the weapon triangle will work in this type of game. Will be a simple damage boost or something more?

Well, Dynasty Warriors 8 had something similar, which was known at Heaven, Earth, and Man affinities;  Heaven > Earth > Man > Heaven

When you attacked someone while having an advantage, it was a damage boost and you couldn't be stunned from their attacks and a disadvantage had you dealing less damage and couldn't stun(barring "strong" attacks). It's been a while, so there's probably more to it than what I've stated.
Sometimes enemy generals switched weapons when they were at a disadvantage, so fighting an enemy general here with multiple weapon access could do something like this.

And since Fits is a part of this, I would prefer if they don't use that "triangle"

17 minutes ago, Soledai said:

If the OCs aren't customizable, then that would render the "too many swords" concern of theirs null and void, tbqh.

Still, I'd like the OCs having interchangeable weapons or classes, that'd mesh well with the being able to switch characters during battle. (Not unlike Samurai Warriors).

That actually depends on which of the other FE guys that are playable. Marth, the twins, the other OC, Chrom, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma could be the only sword users we'll actually get if the twins aren't customizable.

But yeah, OCs who you could customize the movesets for should help make us invested in them, if nothing else.

I'll admit, I started playing the Tellius games because I heard of Ike in Smash Bros and I liked him there. I'm sure a bunch of you can relate. But the people who play his games after Smash Bros don't like him for his "memey lines" and "how good he is in Smash Bros". People liked him because he is the protaganist of some of the best FE games, he is a great character with a well-written personality, and he also has great stats in his own game. That is why people like him, not because of "I fight for my friends".

In regards to the 2 lords shown, I dont think they are customizable. Their look seems too detailed to be an avatar. When you look at Corrin and Robin, while they have a unique look, they also have a very generic one with the white hair and neutral expression so that you can customize them to look the way you want. Their armor is also overall mostly generic. No real important details like symbols to make them more unique. They do though, their armor is very unique, and their look is not at all similar to an avatar.

Still, I hope that there is a customization character. I just dont think its those two.