New info on FE Warriors

21 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Not everybody's favorite is game in the series is Awakening or the other three. I know why yours is yours.

Lmao my dude, you have a creepy furry moe as your avatar and you're trying to shame others for liking awakening?

On topic: Expected. Most popular entries in the series and all. I hope they add enough archanea characters rather than sticking to just Marth.

lots of weapon variety would also be cool.

Edited by Nobody

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Lmao my dude, you have a creepy furry moe as your avatar and you're trying to shame others for liking awakening?

Let's not get into this discussion.

4 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

Yawn.

Screenshot_20170530-070506.jpg

The iconic, the 'Revival' and the most recent. Seems like a solid enough pool.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Well, that's very disappointing. Wasn't that a low point of Tokyo Mirage Sessions? 

At least the chances of seeing Walhart has improved, but it's a pyrrhic victory.

Improving the chance's of Walhart's inclusion is nothing less than a total victory.

3 hours ago, Folt said:

Oh, something I didn't catch the first time around, but the number of playable characters will be larger than any other first Musou entry, which is rather amibtious for a spinoff.

Seeing as how the three games they have listed have rosters of at least thirty playable characters a piece, they could make it an even split plus a handful of Donut Steels and call it a day.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, quite the reactions. And here I am, lamenting chances are I won't be able to play it once it comes out. Since I don't even have a Switch nor the chance to get one soon.

Still, nice to see we got more info. Doesn't diminish my interest in the game, at all.

Same here.

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

I can't believe that anyone is actually surprised by this.

I know dissapointment is high on the list, but it does bemuse me that people's expectations are being so cruelly dashed by reality.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

I think everyone set their expectations way too high for this. Expecting to see Magvel and Elibe characters was a huge longshot, and even worst for those of Holy War and Tellius. Holy War/Thracia/and FE 6 never released in the West, Elibe has been mostly absent for 10+ years alongside Magvel, and Tellius was one of the lowest points in the series in terms of sales. Expecting to see huge amounts of representation across those games was wishful thinking at best.

Not meaning to tear anyone down here, but you have to think about the status of each of these eras and their relevance today. Of course they are going to go with their flagship character, and the two most recent/popular games. Its going to draw the largest crowd. And keep in mind they said mostly. In other words, DLC and a few slots in the base game for characters is probably likely. I am willing to bet all Smash characters make it in, and I wouldnt be surprised to at least see Alm and Celica considering SoV's release. I wouldnt go expecting to see any Holy War characters outside of maybe Seliph, and maybe Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood as DLC for Elibe. Outside of that, costumes at best.

If it's not gotten an international release, it's got no chance. All your predictions seem logical and sound, and I'd imagine Alm/Celica and a third (perhaps a villain like Desaix or Jedah) squaring off for post-launch DLC. Actually, make that 3rd pick Nuibaba becasue reasoons...

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

I love that people say "this game sucks" all because character reps aren't.

This really means you never really wanted a Musou game. Only that you wanted your favorite characters in it.

There is a difference between being understandably disappointed and being judgmental.

Nuance is a lost art.

38 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

You really think they are going to go with Arvis over Awakening or Fates characters, when a small minority of people who play it will have played FE4? I hate to say it but the 'veterans' that have 'waited years for spinoffs' are small potatoes. If anything this 'pandering' makes sense, unfortunately.

Nothing unfortunate about it;  it's just buisness.

Designs are okay; kind of remind me of something with blonde twins that I can't recall exactly (both had sword/shields and were in a fighting game). I'm sure people will still be wanting a roster of perfectly distinct snowflakes rather than admit that skins and copies are the only way any character that's not A: a Lord,B: popular, or C: outlandish, is going to make it in...

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

This is the dream:

Hide contents

vVUxL5m.jpg

Did you people really expect this on the first installment?

Especially with the history of the Musou series rosters building over time?

Did you really expect the hook for the minority who have played FE4 or FE8?

i don't think anyone was expecting that

just a roster that's not entirely limited to 3 games

even if we were told that the game would only have a few characters, I don't think it would've been too out there to assume it'd try appealing to people who enjoyed a variety of different FE games

i was interested when it was announced because it was a fire emblem game and fire emblem is one of my favorite game series, and I was disappointed and lost interest when I found out it wouldn't include characters that I cared about. i think if the only thing announced about a game is the brand it's based on, it's not unreasonable to expect it to appeal to a variety of fans rather than a certain group, or for people to be disappointed when it doesn't

12 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

sorry for the asumption, I was basing that on your profile saying Awakening and all of the Awakening stuff, you've posted on YT

I'm legitimately steamed at you. For reasons in the edit you didn't see.

I'll probably be fine after a while. But that was more personal than you intended it to be, as Awakening has real life effects for me.

I would love nothing more than to have Roy or Eliwood or Sighed beating up things. Awakening might be a title I love. But that doesn't remove me from one of the people that was disappointed by this news. That's right, I can sympathize with people saying there is too much focus on Akanea and whatever the hell continent Fire Emblem If is on.

But I've wanted to see this title since before Awakening. But I'm sure as hell not anywhere near the Musou fan as @Jedi

But man people act like it's the end of the world.

Edited by shadowofchaos

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

On topic: Expected. Most popular entries in the series and all. I hope they add enough archanea characters rather than sticking to just Marth.

lots of weapon variety would also be cool.

I wasn't trying to shame anybody for liking Awakening, I felt like they were just pandering to just the new players

15 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

That's it. Only DW has managed to come close to 30, because that's how the logic of these games works. You go for what's iconic or memorable and then expand in the sequels. Marth is in because Shadow Dragon was the very first FE. Awakening and Fates are in because they're the most recent (Shadows of Valentia notwithstanding) and best-selling. Whoop-dee-doo, Lyn and Ike aren't in it. Come down from the cross, use the wood to make a bridge AND GET OVER IT. Furthermore it keeps things from being spread too thin and keeping down instances of cloning

I'm cutting out the rest of your post to zero in on this shit

You'd best take a fucking step back and not talk like you're above me or like you lost your damn mind. And if I were actually upset over it, which I never showed any indication of? You're going to fasten your britches and fucking deal with it, end of story. You got a problem with the things I want that have absolutely nothing to do with you? Well then, take some of the wood from my supposed cross and get over it yourself, buddy

Well, at least I won't have to buy a Switch until FE Switch comes out (or Xenoblade 2, if it comes out first. Or perhaps some other game that hasn't been announced yet).

I might go out and buy the 3DS version if characters from the Elibe or Tellius games, or from Shadows of Valentia, are added as DLC. But it's definitely not going to be an at-launch buy for me anymore.

@shadowofchaos As has been said, the characters make the Warriors crossover-- most of the "no buy" reactions make perfect sense. People vote with their wallet; IS had the galls to say that they want to make the game "to appeal to FE fans" and then throw 3/4 of the series under the bus with a complete lie justifying it. Disappointment is pretty warranted, despite many of us expecting/fearing as much.

To me, everything else about the game sounds promising. But parts of the PR are ridiculous and the confirmation of my biggest fear is a bitter pill to swallow.

So much bitterness. I think the comparisons to TMS are a bit unfair as well since that game had severe problems and roster was a minor one (if anything I'm a bit peeved at how Chrom was treated in the end). Personally, I'm relatively fine with it and I don't like Fates.

4 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

Yawn.

Screenshot_20170530-070506.jpg

It may just be a translation thing, but why does Fates look more like an afterthought here? Maybe they are learning and decided to cut back a little on the Fates. I doubt it but I can dream.

Just now, The DanMan said:

@shadowofchaos As has been said, the characters make the Warriors crossover-- most of the "no buy" reactions make perfect sense. People vote with their wallet; IS had the galls to say that they want to make the game "to appeal to FE fans" and then throw 3/4 of the series under the bus with a complete lie justifying it. Disappointment is pretty warranted, despite many of us expecting/fearing as much.

To me, everything else about the game sounds promising. But parts of the PR are ridiculous and the confirmation of my biggest fear is a bitter pill to swallow.

Let's be fair, the majority of FE fans are new fans anyway.

To parody a quote from Valkyria Chronicles that you hear too often: "I'm impressed disappointed, but not surprised."

I think we will just have to wait and see the roster before knowing if the roster isn't very varied. At least the gameplay will be good though, seeing as the collab Musou games have always impressed me with how they combine two series very well.

Pretty disappointed at the cast news.  I can understand them choosing those games because they probably have the most well-known casts, but because too many sword characters is a pretty dumb reason imo.  Especially considering the two oc characters wield swords and there are plenty of good character choices in the pre-shadow dragon games that don't use swords.   

I may still get it because it could still be fun, and there are characters from those games that I like, but I'm significantly less hyped then I was before.

Edited by pumpkinspice48

10 minutes ago, DIO said:

Nothing unfortunate about it;  it's just buisness.

More unfortunate for everyone who isn't interested in those games, I meant.

I had more interest in it because I am a Warriors fan to begin with.

Just now, familyplayer said:

To parody a quote from Valkyria Chronicles that you hear too often: "I'm impressed disappointed, but not surprised."

I think we will just have to wait and see the roster before knowing if the roster isn't very varied. At least the gameplay will be good though, seeing as the collab Musou games have always impressed me with how they combine two series very well.

I've actually not heard a single person bring up the fact they confirmed the Weapon Triangle; that's actually a pleasant surprise for me since I was convinced they'd stick to elemental triangles and the like for balance.

4 hours ago, Person with good opinions said:

Welp, that's my cue to not care about this game.

Same here.

How can you not include insanely popular characters like Ike and Lyn? Fuck this game, I'm out now.

1 minute ago, DIO said:

I've actually not heard a single person bring up the fact they confirmed the Weapon Triangle; that's actually a pleasant surprise for me since I was convinced they'd stick to elemental triangles and the like for balance.

That's the thing: so much of what they said sounds great, but the limiting of the roster and nonsensical PR responses drag it down.

15 minutes ago, Soledai said:

If he was, I'll hold that L, lol

I'm well aware of that. I'm saying that it is possible, not that it should be done or even that I wanted it.

Though, before I get misunderstood as one of the angry mobs, I'm not. I'm trying to figure out what he meant, was all.

In this case, less is more. Less characters and cross-interactions to be worried about. Only three "sagas" to take characters from means we could see the gamut from major, to minor, to villain characters in the series, each being their own little thing instead of Lord 1, Lord 2, etc. etc.

Even Warriors Orochi only had two "sagas" that they needed to pull from, both having established relationships between the characters from their games, with OCs as appropriate.

2 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Especially considering the two OC characters wield Swords and there are plenty of good character choices in the pre-Shadow Dragon games that don't use them.   

I may still get it because it could still be fun, and there are characters from those games that I like, but I'm significantly less hyped then I was before.

The swords issue is probably starting to upset me more than the shallow roster.  Saying you don't want too many Sword-users and then introducing three OCs that use Swords is flat out hypocritical.

There are a few Archanean characters I can hope will get in, like Barst and especially Sheena.

3 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

They'll probably bring in some of the popular characters from other games as dlc, but it's still disappointing that they won't be in the main game

Characters like Roy or Ephraim I can see as DLC, but Ike and Lyn, who've won or scored really high on multiple FE character polls? They deserve to be in the game by default! I'm tired of most of the FE series getting shafted simply because they didn't sell nearly as well as Awakening and Fates or weren't "iconic" like Marth. Ike is plenty iconic now, and it can be argued that Roy and Lyn are both iconic to a degree too.

It makes no sense to not at least have Ike and Lyn in the base game.

This game will probably bomb like TMS did. TMS probably had more issues than character roster, but the character roster is more important in a game like Warriors as stated before. People will not buy the game if their favorite characters aren't in and so far, this game will not have many of the fan favorites at all, and this will cost sales. They're not getting my money, that's for sure.

Edited by Anacybele

Let's see whether we could put a diverse roster together only using (somewhat) protagonists. I haven't played FE 4/5 so I only know characters that are in FE Heroes from those games. Still:

Marth - Lord

Caeda - Pegasus Knight

Tiki - Dragon

Alm - Hero (with potential of using a bow)

Celica - Magic user (with potential of using daggers)

Seliph - Lord

Julia - Mage user

Reinhart/Olven - Mounted mages? (really only going off of Heroes here)

Roy - Lord

Lilina - Mage user

Lyn - Lord (again potential bow here)

Hector - Badass Axe user

Eliwood - (Mounted) Lord

Ephraim - (Mounted) Lance user

Eirika - Lord

Ike - Lord

Micaiah - Magic User

Elincia - Pegasus Knight (a long shot I know)

Chrom - Lord

Lucina - Lord

Robin - Sword / Magic mix

Ryoma - Sword user

Xander - Mounted sword user

Corrin - Sword / Dragon mix

A lot of sword users? I guess. But not much more if you make 3 out of 4 new original characters sword users as well and include Marth, Chrom, Ryoma, Xander and Corrin anyway.

A diverse roster? I certainly say so. With some work put into it everyone could feel really unique. Then maybe throw in Camilla and Tharja to sell copies. Sounds like a good plan to me ;):

(Don't take this post too seriously please this is more me being really upset about the excuse of too many swords and my favourite games (FE 6/7/8/9/10/15) being not represented)

It's already been said by now, but I just really was hoping for more of a celebration of the entire series.  I don't dislike the games chosen like some do, but I still find it quite disappointing. But I think it's better to just leave it to the people that will enjoy this instead.

Maybe a "complete edition" will come out someday so I won't have to spend $60 for the base games + another $60 for all the DLC.  Who knows.  Though if the game has Camus and Merric in its roster, and it goes on sale I'd consider it.

Until then, have fun.  No need to linger on this any longer.