New info on FE Warriors

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Okay I'm gonna ask you guys to calm down. Yes, it's an excuse and not a reason (a bad excuse if you ask me) but this isn't the end of the world. We still know pretty much nothing about this game, so don't start boycotting this game just yet;

There's a slight difference between 'boycotting' and 'no longer appealing'. Pegasus Smash was, and is, my main reason for considering this game. No characters I care about just knocks the game down the priority list.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

There's a slight difference between 'boycotting' and 'no longer appealing'. Pegasus Smash was, and is, my main reason for considering this game. No characters I care about just knocks the game down the priority list.

I was exaggerating, you know. I like a lot of these characters so it's not that much of a problem for me, but just give it some time.

1 hour ago, Tuvy said:

Well now I could care less. This game sucks

I love that people say "this game sucks" all because character reps aren't.

This really means you never really wanted a Musou game. Only that you wanted your favorite characters in it.

There is a difference between being understandably disappointed and being judgmental.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

This really means you never really wanted a Musou game. Only that you wanted your favorite characters in it.

Yes, that is the point of these games. Otherwise I'd play one of the dedicated musou series that aren't just intended to be a game for fanservice.

22 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Yes, that is the point of these games. Otherwise I'd play one of the dedicated musou series that aren't just intended to be a game for fanservice.

I was editing the post to be less jerk sounding.

There is a difference between disappointment and "this game sucks now".

I'd wager the people voicing that the game sucks now the loudest have never played a musou title. Which at best is hypocritical considering we won't know if they'd even like the style of gameplay anyway even if their favorite character was in it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well, in all honesty, there's a slight difference between Tana smashing everything and Caeda smashing everything in that seeing the former in Musou form is something I've wanted ever since I did it in FE8, while Caeda is a character I'm lucky to have even tried.

But that's me. Also, the excuse bleeds outwards.

I'd wager a few people in here have never played a musou title other than Hyrule Warriors.

And?

Edited by phineas81707

I completely missed this thread this morning...

The Original Character looks pretty good. But I don't like the male protagonist hairstyle.

Also, while they're depicted as "Sword" Unit we may be able to choose their weaponry if they appears to be "customizable".

As for the thing about SD/NM, Fates and Awakening as the potential main roaster, I don't mind (just give me at least one Axe unit please).

8 minutes ago, Ycine said:

I completely missed this thread this morning...

The Original Character looks pretty good. But I don't like the male protagonist hairstyle.

Also, while they're depicted as "Sword" Unit we may be able to choose their weaponry if they appears to be "customizable".

As for the thing about SD/NM, Fates and Awakening as the potential main roaster, I don't mind (just give me at least one Axe unit please).

I hope that it isn't any of the infantry axe users from Marth's game. I do not care for them at all so Vaike, Arthur, Charlotte and Rinkah to choose from. I think Minerva should be a shoe in just as much as Camilla for flying axe units. 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

And?

"This game sucks now".

I mean holy crap, having a character people like moves titles, I'm sure. But how do we know that opinion of "this game sucks" would have changed if they have never tried a game of this style?

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'd wager a few people in here have never played a musou title other than Hyrule Warriors.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 (3DS game) player here. It was pretty great!

(Also One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and, if you count it, Dragon Quest Heroes.)

6 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Also, that's kind of a terrible thing to say. I do get that not having the character you want to play as can make stuff be more attractive, but Hyrule Warriors wasn't just fanservice. It was also extremely enjoyable to play, and even made me like characters I didn't like or didn't even want to play, simply because they had some fun stuff or fulfilled a thing I was looking for in the playable cast.

2 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I hope that it isn't any of the infantry axe users from Marth's game. I do not care for them at all so Vaike, Charlotte and Rinkah to choose from. I think Minerva should be a shoe in just as much as Camilla for flying axe units. 

Oh boy if one of those three gets in, I will be happy for sure.

Also, Darios, his face reminds me of another character but I don't remember who.

3 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Oh boy if one of those three gets in, I will be happy for sure.

Also, Darios, his face reminds me of another character but I don't remember who.

I completely forgot Arthur for some reason lol. But yeah for those 4 I would like.

Darios seems like the type of character who would wield a axe to me, but he has a sword instead.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

This.

Hooray for over reactions and drama everywhere! Really, people? My favorites aren't confirmed there and I'm ok, because what I aspire to get is a good game and not the characters I want. It's ok to be downed or quite disappointed at not getting a favorite character, but doing the same people did to TMS back on its days?

And here goes the TMS complaints once again. The structure of the game itself couldn't allow the addition of the shitton characters FE has, and it is far better to strongly develop and produce a few characters rather than have a world of units with little to zero characterization.

I'm quite happy we got news about the game as it is my only reason to get the Switch (as I've lost interest in mainstream nintendo games like mario, zelda and pokemon). It's also nice they won't restrict themeselves to add only infantry units and give a hand to variety. If most characters are from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates then all their lords/main characters will go in. Fates means there will be 10 or 12 characters at base: both Corrins, Azura, Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi and Sakura. Add to that Chrom, Lucina, Robins, Marth and Caeda and we have a base of 16~ characters. I wonder if Draug, Cain, Virion, Abel, Navarre, Lon'qu and Tharja will make an appearance since they appeared on the previous spinoff.

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Careful, this could be taken as a bit of an elitist comment. "You're not a true Musou fan so this game wasn't for you anyway".

Just now, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I completely forgot Arthur for some reason lol.

That must be Arthur's bad luck playing tricks on him again!

And now yes, Darios, reminds me of Lancer from Fate Zero/Fate Stay Night. I don't know why.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

This.

Hooray for over reactions and drama everywhere! Really, people? My favorites aren't confirmed there and I'm ok, because what I aspire to get is a good game and not the characters I want. It's ok to be downed or quite disappointed at not getting a favorite character, but doing the same people did to TMS back on its days?

And here goes the TMS complaints once again. The structure of the game itself couldn't allow the addition of the shitton characters FE has, and it is far better to strongly develop and produce a few characters rather than have a world of units with little to zero characterization.

I'm quite happy we got news about the game as it is my only reason to get the Switch (as I've lost interest in mainstream nintendo games like mario, zelda and pokemon). It's also nice they won't restrict themeselves to add only infantry units and give a hand to variety. If most characters are from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates then all their lords/main characters will go in. Fates means there will be 10 or 12 characters at base: both Corrins, Azura, Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi and Sakura. Add to that Chrom, Lucina, Robins, Marth and Caeda and we have a base of 16~ characters. I wonder if Draug, Cain, Virion, Abel, Navarre, Lon'qu and Tharja will make an appearance since they appeared on the previous spinoff.

Tharja is almost certainly a shoe-in. Caeda will most likely appear. Virion I could see being plausible now because he's one of the few memorable Archers (at least I think so) besides Takumi (who is also probably a shoe-in).

With the restriction on Marth/Awakening/Fates characters only, I hope for Gunter.

Can't say I'm surprised, of course there are units I wish they would put in but I will still get this game.  Even though TMS only had Awakening and SD characters in it I still loved it, so I can live without my favorite characters.  As long as Kaze is in I will be happy.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

"This game sucks now".

I mean holy crap, having a character people like moves titles, I'm sure. But how do we know that opinion of "this game sucks" would have changed if they have never tried a game of this style?

Would you feel better if they wrote "hype gone" or some such? The roster is basically the entire game in 99% of people's heads right now, I think any variation of "fuck this game" is entirely acceptable at present.

New guy's design appeals to me, but fuck another sword argh

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Careful, this could be taken as a bit of an elitist comment. "You're not a true Musou fan so this game wasn't for you anyway".

Fair enough. Maybe I should edit it.

The thing is, people get their hype killed. And then pretty much go "You should get your hype killed too".

Disappointment is expected.

But damn people who call this game trash already *and* they happen to mention that they never cared about FE Musou if their favorite character wasn't in.

Like damn what about the people that like the concept regardless of the roster?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, Folt said:

Tharja is almost certainly a shoe-in. Caeda will most likely appear. Virion I could see being plausible now because he's one of the few memorable Archers (at least I think so) besides Takumi (who is also probably a shoe-in).

With the restriction on Marth/Awakening/Fates characters only, I hope for Gunter.

What if they add Astram, Camus, Jeorge, Merric and Linde as Regalia units! HYPE

This is about the reaction I expected here as well.

I don't understand how high your expectations would need to be in order to be disappointed or surprised by this.

Data from Hyrule Warriors showed that this was going to be the most likely outcome no matter what, and I'm still hype for this game because there's enough cool shit in these three games alone to fill a strong roster.

The idea that they would have the majority of titles represented in the base roster is silly. They were always going to focus on these three, with the rest coming via DLC.

I'm personally still waiting for Aversa gameplay because if she's not in I'm eating my boot.

24 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Wooow, my hype for this just went completely into the gutter.

We've waited years for spinoffs like this and none of the classic characters are even considered. It seriously sucks that characters like Validar and Peri have a better shot than Arvis or Ephraim.

I'm not paying extra just to be able to download Ike or Lyn. So I won't buy this game until I find a used copy or it goes in the discount bin. Fuck this pandering. 

You really think they are going to go with Arvis over Awakening or Fates characters, when a small minority of people who play it will have played FE4? I hate to say it but the 'veterans' that have 'waited years for spinoffs' are small potatoes. If anything this 'pandering' makes sense, unfortunately.