New info on FE Warriors

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

To be fair, didn't they only have a characters from a couple of Zelda games when Hyrule Wariors came out? And then they had DLC packs for other games?

You're right, but there's only so many Zeldas and Links you can put in.

Tbh. Im still buying this. I didn't get my hopes up TOO much because I think all these characters from other games may have been too much for the base game. (Therefore DLC) Tbh. I'm glad the Arcanean characters are getting more representation.

7 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

To be fair, didn't they only have a characters from a couple of Zelda games when Hyrule Wariors came out? And then they had DLC packs for other games?

OG versions of Link, Zelda, Ganon(dorf), Impa, and Sheik (due to being major recurring characters + Smash popularity in Sheik's case). Darunia and Ruto from OoT. Midna, Zant, and Agitha from Twilight Princess. Fi and Ghirahim from Skyward Sword. And four OCs, two of which are based on recurring Zelda enemies (and three of them, including the mentioned two, started as unplayable enemy officers). So basically the usual Zelda suspects + three games + OCs. So yeah, pretty much what you said.

Edited by Folt

8 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

It may also have been a case of creative liberties- people were screaming for representation of older games, but who they chose for that representation was up in the air, their moveset even harder to envision.

In this case, we know we want Ike, Lyn, Hector and Ephraim, and we have a solid idea of how the former two might play.

> We didn't want all protagonists because everyone would use swords
*Distantly hears the weeping of Hector, Ephraim, and Micaiah*

> Adds twins. Sword users.
lol

Cavaliers are like I thought, staying mounted, which is okay... Also I think if they wanted to talk about Pegasus Knights, they should've shown that off a little. The "Bond conversations" vaguely makes me think of Warriors Orochi 3, that had a similar thing, and switching characters in battle is also neat, I suppose. Why the fuck would there be marriage

The news doesn't deter me, but I had a moment of silence for diversity. At this point, just give me Ike. Bonus points for Hector and Ephraim. But adding those lords would be adding to the """""too many swords""""" dilemma, so they can't come. 

So what's their logic gonna be for Shirou if Fate/Musou ever happens. A real one, not the fake musou Extella.

1 minute ago, Soledai said:

So what's their logic gonna be for Shirou if Fate/Musou ever happens. A real one, not the fake musou Extella.

TM cares not for such limits.

4 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Also I think if they wanted to talk about Pegasus Knights, they should've shown that off a little.

JUST GIVE ME THIS!

Caeda is more likely than not, I'm going to need the stress outlet to smash things with pegasus knights after this news...

Spoiler

How good are Clair and the Whitewings at Pegasus Smash in Shadows of Valentia?

3 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

TM cares not for such limits.

TM?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

JUST GIVE ME THIS!

Caeda is more likely than not, I'm going to need the stress outlet to smash things with pegasus knights after this news...

Hide contents

How good are Clair and the Whitewings at Pegasus Smash in Shadows of Valentia?

On the bright side, it increases the chances of the Whitewings showing up, which I'd be perfectly okay with.

Spoiler

Clair and Catria are pretty amaze. I didn't use Est, and Palla is lacking, as usual.

2 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

Yawn.

Screenshot_20170530-070506.jpg

Not entirely surprised. All the weapons shown were Shadow Dragon, Fates, Awakening. It makes sense to do it for the flagship character's game, and then Fates/Awakening since they are the most recent entries. Now keep in mind that it says generally. I am willing to bet that DLC, or even in base game all the Smash Characters will be included, and I wouldnt be surprised to see DLC for characters that won or placed high on popularity polls. Characters like Lyn, Hector, etc.

I can also see SoV DLC being a possiblity, only because it just released this year, so some kind of nod to it wouldnt be surprising.

Now I hope this means just characters, because I really want to see some maps from across the series. Though if they just stuck to those three for maps as well its not like we would be hurting, even Awakening with its poor map design has some great potential for Warriors maps.

EDIT: That article claiming it is 70% complete all but confirms an E3 appearance of Warriors. Perfect time to showcase it, especially if it is close to being done.

Edited by Tolvir

3 minutes ago, Soledai said:

TM?

On the bright side, it increases the chances of the Whitewings showing up, which I'd be perfectly okay with.

Hide contents

Clair and Catria are pretty amaze. I didn't use Est, and Palla is lacking, as usual.

Type-Moon, the creators of Fate.

Agreeing with everyone here. As much as I love the archena saga, it's not fair to fans of other sagas to be shoved off to the side for popularity's sake. That really killed the mood for me.

But I do love marth's design.

Can't say I wasn't expecting it, but what a way to kill my hype. Unless there's Elibe/Magvel DLC, or SoV reps included under "Archanea", I'm not buying this game. I could honestly care less about the entire Awakening+Fates cast.

Edited by Korath88

11 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Type-Moon, the creators of Fate.

Oh! I was a little slow there. I don't dabble with them much these days, so that slipped my mind

Edited by Soledai

Wooow, my hype for this just went completely into the gutter.

We've waited years for spinoffs like this and none of the classic characters are even considered. It seriously sucks that characters like Validar and Peri have a better shot than Arvis or Ephraim.

I'm not paying extra just to be able to download Ike or Lyn. So I won't buy this game until I find a used copy or it goes in the discount bin. Fuck this pandering. 

I think everyone set their expectations way too high for this. Expecting to see Magvel and Elibe characters was a huge longshot, and even worst for those of Holy War and Tellius. Holy War/Thracia/and FE 6 never released in the West, Elibe has been mostly absent for 10+ years alongside Magvel, and Tellius was one of the lowest points in the series in terms of sales. Expecting to see huge amounts of representation across those games was wishful thinking at best.

Not meaning to tear anyone down here, but you have to think about the status of each of these eras and their relevance today. Of course they are going to go with their flagship character, and the two most recent/popular games. Its going to draw the largest crowd. And keep in mind they said mostly. In other words, DLC and a few slots in the base game for characters is probably likely. I am willing to bet all Smash characters make it in, and I wouldnt be surprised to at least see Alm and Celica considering SoV's release. I wouldnt go expecting to see any Holy War characters outside of maybe Seliph, and maybe Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood as DLC for Elibe. Outside of that, costumes at best.

36 minutes ago, Soledai said:

> We didn't want all protagonists because everyone would use swords
*Distantly hears the weeping of Hector, Ephraim, and Micaiah*

> Adds twins. Sword users.
lol

This just confirms my suspicions that Intelligent Systems has a gross Sword bias.

A few thoughts on all this.

- The original characters look kinda nice.  Of course the female character has no pants, but that by far isn't the worst instance of this sort of thing.  They also give me serious flashbacks to Chris for some reason, leading me to believe that there will be some level of customization for them.  While I didn't like Chris's inclusion in New Mystery, I think having customizable OC protagonists is fine here since they aren't really tied to a pre-existing story, which means they can be as Mary Sue-ified as they wish.

- Honestly, I am neither shocked nor surprised that those three worlds are the major focus for this game.  And I'm not really disappointed, apart from the fact that it means we won't get Hector or Ike.  Though I'm not nearly attached to the older games as some are, as while I've played most of them, I've spent most of my time with the newer games.  So... this news just doesn't really move me.

Just now, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

They had representation from Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword initially, so yeah, that sounds about right.  Then later on they made DLC for reps from Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker (and probably some others I can't think of atm), so we might just get reps from the GBA era, Tellius, and maybe even Valentia.

I think it'd be foolish not to at least give a nod to SoV.

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

This just confirms my suspicions that Intelligent Systems has a gross Sword bias.

But isn't Koei Techmo developing this game?

Okay I'm gonna ask you guys to calm down. Yes, it's an excuse and not a reason (a bad excuse if you ask me) but this isn't the end of the world. We still know pretty much nothing about this game, so don't start boycotting this game just yet;

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Okay I'm gonna ask you guys to calm down. Yes, it's an excuse and not a reason (a bad excuse if you ask me) but this isn't the end of the world. We still know pretty much nothing about this game, so don't start boycotting this game just yet;

I'm still expecting a few characters from other games as DLC.

But I don't wanna pay extra to play as Hector