Famitsu 15th June Issue (i.e. the leaked info)

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

The idea of too many swords would unbalance the weapon triangle is hilarious.

IS apparently doesn't have that problem in Fire Emblem Heroes, which is flooded with sword units (and red units in general)

Different developers, different game, different genre. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

So before I read it was they will always be on horse, this one says generally. I know translations can get a bit odd, especially between English and Japanese, but I am curious if they literally mean all the time, or most of the time. I cant imagine Cavs being too easy to use for indoor maps, and the controls will probably be a pain to control. In some ways I am hoping they mean that in the sense that most of the time they will, but can be dismounted for certain scenarios like indoor maps.

Better excuse than this:

Spoiler

YwVrGuE.pngjZeDcv6.png

Pulled from an LP of Mystery of the Emblem on this site

I have to wonder if that'd mean they'd lose stats just like mounted units do in Mystery when they dismount.  Or it'd just be treated like a different class.  At the very least, their mobility would be severely hindered.

More likely though the interiors will be so big that it would hardly hinder characters regardless of size or mounted status.  We're not gonna see tight corridors or doorways like in Echoes.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

You know, while I'm not expecting a very deep story at all (multiverse crossover hack 'n' slash games aren't known for compelling narratives to my knowledge), I must say I like the idea of a pair of twins both trying to get the other to take the throne so they can focus on their personal life instead.

Then you'd like this little game called Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, where neither of the twin royals really want the throne and used to regularly pick at each other about it with their dear friend who's also the son of an emperor.

I do find this kind of hilarious, though, especially the way you worded it.

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

Then you'd like this little game called Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, where neither of the twin royals really want the throne and used to regularly pick at each other about it with their dear friend who's also the son of an emperor.

Huh, really? I don't seem to remember that at all. Most of the stuff I remember story-wise from Sacred Stones has to do with Joshua, Knoll, Duessel and especially Lyon - Ephraim and Eirika would've sort of put me to sleep had it not been for their relationship with the villain. I thought Ephraim became king and Eirika did some flower stuff or whatever it is anime girls do when they're relegated to a less important role.

Just now, Thane said:

I thought Ephraim became king and Eirika did some flower stuff or whatever it is anime girls do when they're relegated to a less important role.

Mostly referring to a particular sibling flashback where Ephraim remarks that Eirika would be a better heir to the throne, and Eirika responded by saying that such talk would bring their father grief.  I don't remember anything else, but those flashback scenes are pretty important anyway.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Huh, really? I don't seem to remember that at all. Most of the stuff I remember story-wise from Sacred Stones has to do with Joshua, Knoll, Duessel and especially Lyon - Ephraim and Eirika would've sort of put me to sleep had it not been for their relationship with the villain. I thought Ephraim became king and Eirika did some flower stuff or whatever it is anime girls do when they're relegated to a less important role.

Taken from the A New Journey interlude that occurs before you pick your sibling route after Chapter 8:

Ephraim:
“A great king? I honestly have no idea what that means. Eirika should succeed the throne. I would be happy simply taking my lance and traveling the land as a mercenary.”

Eirika:
“Ephraim, that is nothing but foolish, irresponsible romanticism! Do you realize how much your words would fill Father’s heart with grief?”

Ephraim:
“Are we speaking of the same man? Our father will likely outlive us all. For now, I’m content just learning the lance from General Duessel. What about you, Lyon? Is there anything you want to do?”

(A few irrelevant to this topic lines talking about Lyon follow, and then Ephraim says this)

Ephraim:
“…Again with your criticism [addressing Eirika]! Tell me, Eirika. What say you to dressing like me and becoming king in my stead? You’re so skinny, I doubt anyone would notice you’re not really a man.”

Ephraim does get the throne in the end, but there is a bit of banter over who gets it earlier.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Taken from the A New Journey interlude that occurs before you pick your sibling route after Chapter 8:

Ephraim:
“A great king? I honestly have no idea what that means. Eirika should succeed the throne. I would be happy simply taking my lance and traveling the land as a mercenary.”

Eirika:
“Ephraim, that is nothing but foolish, irresponsible romanticism! Do you realize how much your words would fill Father’s heart with grief?”

Ephraim:
“Are we speaking of the same man? Our father will likely outlive us all. For now, I’m content just learning the lance from General Duessel. What about you, Lyon? Is there anything you want to do?”

(A few irrelevant to this topic lines talking about Lyon follow, and then Ephraim says this)

Ephraim:
“…Again with your criticism [addressing Eirika]! Tell me, Eirika. What say you to dressing like me and becoming king in my stead? You’re so skinny, I doubt anyone would notice you’re not really a man.

Ephraim does get the throne in the end, but there is a bit of banter over who gets it earlier.

That's cold.

Monsters from another dimension?

OMG, it's the DAMONs from SRW Z2! lol

Okay, most definitely they're not those interdimensional monsters. Now I wait to hear the world merging info also taken from SRW Z...

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

In fact, there are more characters compared to other Warriors collaboration titles (not counting sequels).

I've been wondering who will make it into the game for a while now, so this is the part that really got my attention. I haven't played any Warriors collaboration games other than Hyrule Warriors, though. Does anyone know how many characters this would mean at minimum? It seems like they tend to have pretty small casts.

25 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

I've been wondering who will make it into the game for a while now, so this is the part that really got my attention. I haven't played any Warriors collaboration games other than Hyrule Warriors, though. Does anyone know how many characters this would mean at minimum? It seems like they tend to have pretty small casts.

If we count Musuo Stars (Warriors All Stars), it has 27 characters, but I doubt this counts as a collab title as it seems to be "in-house" like Warriors Orochi. The next amount is probably Hyrule Warriors Legends, but that is more of an updated version of the original Hyrule Warriors. (13 heroes at vanilla launch, 24 for Legend's launch)

So, not counting those, most of the other collabs I scanned though have 13 or so characters at launch. It even seems that Dragon Quest Heroes and One Piece Warriors follow the "13 Character Formula," and as previously mentioned Hyrule Warriors also had 13 characters at launch.

Now, characters does not necessarily mean the available movesets, look at Hyrule Warriors and how many different unique weapons and movesets were available for the characters. However, Fire Emblem is more about the variety of characters instead of having one hero wielding different weapons. I want to say Hyrule Warriors had 20 "unique movesets" at launch with its 13 characters. So, maybe there is a chance for 20 different characters for FE: Warriors, each with their unique moveset.
TLDR: I think Fire Emblem Warriors will have at least 13 characters since previous colabs seem to stick to 13 characters. If I were to guess how many playable characters will be at FE: Warriors launch, I want to say 20, but am expecting less. If there is more, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Source: Koei Wiki

Edited by Sire

4 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Are you confusing Lian with Yuana?

No. Maybe.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Monsters from another dimension?

OMG, it's the DAMONs from SRW Z2! lol

Okay, most definitely they're not those interdimensional monsters. Now I wait to hear the world merging info also taken from SRW Z...

I thought of DAMONs earlier too. Now I'm half-wanting an interdimensional warrior who controls them. Also I'm just gonna somehow replace all the monsters' bgm themes with the DAMON theme

10 minutes ago, Soledai said:

No. Maybe.

I thought of DAMONs earlier too. Now I'm half-wanting an interdimensional warrior who controls them. Also I'm just gonna somehow replace all the monsters' bgm themes with the DAMON theme

Why stop at warrior and DAMONs. Let's have our Sidereal Expy here as well.

16 hours ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

The first DWGundam game has the current record of 18 characters (Berserk and the Band of the Hawk is at the bottom end with 8). I'd personally expect a roster of 20-25, what with the 20 unique movesets in HW at launch (echoing @Sire here).

I think due to the volume of characters Fire Emblem has, we will see a bit more. Hyrule Warriors only had so many characters they could choose. At the point that you have 3 different links, and could of been a 4th if BoTW released around HW as well., you know they dont have a large pool to tap into. Zelda doesnt have a huge cast to reach into for a game like this, but Fire Emblem does. We have over 300 characters spread across all the games. I dont think they will go above 40, but I can see anywhere from a 20-40 character cast being possible. It all depends how they structure the characters though. Unique style for each character, I would say 20 to at most 30-35 with DLC. They go the route of making a unique set for each class, and each character being essentially a reskin of the class with slight variation, then I would say around 40 with DLC.

Edited by Tolvir

13-20 seems to be the most realistic numbers for the vanilla roster. DLC can help increase that number to 25-29. If we get more, even better.  8 are already kinda confirmed so that would leave us with only 5 unknown characters to reach 13. Now that I see that, Spring Chrom with his Carrot Axe as an alternate weapon style for Chrom is starting to look like a very realistic possibility...

Edited by Lord-Zero

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

13-20 seems to be the most realistic numbers for the vanilla roster. DLC can help increase that number to 25-29. If we get more, even better.  8 are already kinda confirmed so that would leave us with only 5 unknown characters to reach 13. Now that I see that, Spring Chrom with his Carrot Axe as an alternate weapon style for Chrom is starting to look like a very realistic possibility...

They said it set a record for crossover warriors games which to my knowledge means at least 19 (18+1). 13 is way too low.

53 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

As Arthur mentioned, they highlighted the roster size. I think around 25 is a safe bet for a starting roster (30-ish if they go through with "classes = clones").

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

As Arthur mentioned, they highlighted the roster size. I think around 25 is a safe bet for a starting roster (30-ish if they go through with "classes = clones").

Keep your expectations in check. 13-20 is the most realistic scenario. Just be pleasantly surprised IF we get at least one more for the vanilla roster. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Keep your expectations in check. 13-20 is the most realistic scenario. Just be pleasantly surprised IF we get at least one more for the vanilla roster. 

Except, according to their own statement, it will not go below 18. There is keeping your expectations in check, and then there is what you're doing.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Except, according to their own statement, it will not go below 18. There is keeping your expectations in check, and then there is what you're doing.

Good grief. 13 seems to be the standard for musou collaborations which is why "13" is there. Once again, expect a rather small roster for the vanilla game. If we get more then that's all fine and dandy. 

13 or so unique characters and probably around 20 unique movesets with characters like Chrom getting different weapons. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Good grief. 13 seems to be the standard for musou collaborations which is why "13" is there. Once again, expect a rather small roster for the vanilla game. If we get more then that's all fine and dandy. 

13 or so unique characters and probably around 20 unique movesets with characters like Chrom getting different weapons. 

Except, once again, they said it has more than any other first collaboration Warriors which means more than 18 which stands at the current max.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Except, once again, they said it has more than any other first collaboration Warriors which means more than 18 which stands at the current max.

We don't know how many when they mean that. 18? Which musou collaboration game are you basing this on? DW Gundam? If that's the case then 19-20 with around 23 different movesets. I'm keeping my expectations low for now. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

12 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

We don't know how many when they mean that. 18? Which musou collaboration game are you basing this on? 

Seems pretty obvious to me and pretty much everyone else.

They didn't give a name.. In any case, HW still had more characters than that including the OC villains and it had a smaller pool of characters and was an unknown. With a bigger pool of  characters as well as HW's success, 13 seems like a pathetic number. According to your logic, we have, what, four characters to be unveiled and that's it? That leaves 4 characters to represent every other weapon in the series as well as secondary characters....think about it, and that's not counting that Lucina is nearly a given whether you think so or not, which leaves 3 slots for the rest of the game.

Edited by Arthur97

@Arthur97 HW had only 13 characters for its vanilla roster. The first wave of free DLC (Cia, Volga and Wizzro) brought that to 16 but that's not vanilla anymore. Pathetic to you or not, that's the magic number for musou collaborations. As I said,"VANILLA" roster. More like 5 or 6 if we start with a 13-14 vanilla roster with some characters having more than one moveset, bringing that to 20+ movesets. 

18 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Arthur97 HW had only 13 characters for its vanilla roster. The first wave of free DLC (Cia, Volga and Wizzro) brought that to 16 but that's not vanilla anymore. Pathetic to you or not, that's the magic number for musou collaborations. As I said,"VANILLA" roster. More like 5 or 6 if we start with a 13-14 vanilla roster with some characters having more than one moveset, bringing that to 20+ movesets. 

But your own argument to the importance of the weapon triangle works against you. By saying it's important enough to keep a character like Lucina out of the base game is hypocritical when the number of characters you predict would leave a paltry 4 non-sword users into the game. What about non-lords? Where's Caeda? Cordelia? Tharja? Camilla? Leo? Cain? Abel? They can't fit in your roster.  The math just doesn't add up. Though it certainly fits with the reason for limiting focus. If they didn't literally everyone would have a sword. 

Edited by Arthur97