Tempest Torture

Arthur97

19 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Passed 20k, so now I have the Breath of Life Seal. Not really the greatest thing ever I guess.

But now it's possible to make a Linde that heals 15 HP to adjacent allies with Breath of Life 3, Breath of Life 2 (Aura), and S Breath of Life 1.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a total nightmare! I was not at all prepared for this in the beginning. On my first few tries, I used my Arena team consisting of Reinhardt, Xander, Azura/Olivia, and switching my Setsuna for Lucina to get the bonus. I got my butt handed to me by Veronica. Even if I managed to kill her, my team would be in such a terrible formation that they get slaughtered within one or two turns.

I had to use a ton of stamina potions to train my Cordelia up, and I could just barely beat the final level with a lot of dancing. I also gave my Lucina her medic kit to heal any damage the rest of my team would sustain during the first six maps. This is my third deathless run, and my second perfect score run, so I am pretty confident with my current set up.

18954697_1487755904628169_3177722743046842390_o.jpg

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

This was a total nightmare! I was not at all prepared for this in the beginning. On my first few tries, I used my Arena team consisting of Reinhardt, Xander, Azura/Olivia, and switching my Setsuna for Lucina to get the bonus. I got my butt handed to me by Veronica. Even if I managed to kill her, my team would be in such a terrible formation that they get slaughtered within one or two turns.

I had to use a ton of stamina potions to train my Cordelia up, and I could just barely beat the final level with a lot of dancing. I also gave my Lucina her medic kit to heal any damage the rest of my team would sustain during the first six maps. This is my third deathless run, and my second perfect score run, so I am pretty confident with my current set up.

Good job! It's nice to see how players are adapting to the seemingly daunting challenge that the Trials have tossed at us. 

Have physical wall given the team any trouble or is B!Cordelia + Dancers enough to overpower everything?

I got a perfect deathless run on the hardest lunatic mode. Once. Haven't been able to replicate it since!

Just reached 20k so I'm stopping for the day. I can constantly reach the 7th map with my main team but the speed rank usually ranges from C to A. I should be able to reach 99999 score in time.

Main Team is:

5* Xander (Neutral) Siegried, Swap, Blazing Light, Atk+3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry (HP+3)
5* Olwen+1(+atk/-hp) Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Wind, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry (Spd+1)
5* Nowi (+atk/-hp) Lightning Breath+, Rally Defense, Glowing Ember, T Adept 3, Swordbreaker 3 (Fortify Res 1) 
4* Cecilia (+def/-hp) Gronnraven, Reposition, Iceberg, T Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Goad Cavalry

Desperation Olwen does most of the work, but all of them can pull their own weight. In terms of skill inheritance, Nowi is the only one that still needs a bit of work and in case anyone is wondering why Xander and Olwen have 5CD specials, it's because I gave it to them to increase my arena score. When I first did the tempest trial, I was like "oh no, forgot to change their specials" but after running through the trials multiple times, I found they've been quite useful. The only thing I have to watch out for is Vantage users though

Turns out making sure Tharja has full HP can be a good against top Lunatic final map Hector's and Veronica's. Guess giving her that HP +3 seal was good on me! I've had more deathless runs with the A team now. Though sometimes it docks me in speed in certain maps (accursed Awakening tree map). Still, I've never really gone below C in any rating so it's all good.

I figure with Tempest Trials I'll make up some of the SP I was storing for Tharja. Gave her Darting Blow to make up her -Spd nature. Still thinking on Breath of Life. I wish I had another Shanna (I have two but one is 4* Level 40 and the other a good nature 3*) for Desperation. Maybe I'll just do it anyway. Though I have a Nino that would like it too.

29 minutes ago, Astellius said:

In my efforts to pull a Lucina, I got a Tharja (+Atk -Spd) instead. This means that perfect runs might be possible, if I can assemble a good team to work with Tharja...

Same here! I make do with Hone Attack 3 Ninian and Hone Speed 3 Ryoma and that seems to do fine for her (more so Hone Attack). If you give her that Darting Blow, she can still double Veronica with her own stats. I'd suggest out of your team to make sure she stays full health because she can take on Veronica easy; it's just Veronica still has massive damage on Tharja even with WTD.

Julia pulls Cecilia. Julia takes next to no damage. Cecilia is down to 30%. When your turn comes you can savely kill her. Yessss. Everything looks good.

Cain foaming from mouth: "ASGAFDSGADFSAGFS WINGS OF MERCY!"

41 minutes ago, Apples said:

Good job! It's nice to see how players are adapting to the seemingly daunting challenge that the Trials have tossed at us. 

Have physical wall given the team any trouble or is B!Cordelia + Dancers enough to overpower everything?

My Cordelia is +10 merged, so she should have enough power to kill almost anything that is not Effie or Hector. Wary Fighter prevents Cordelia from attacking four times, so I have to have to use two dancers to knock Effie out. I have not seen a Hector since using my new team, but I am not sure if Cordelia can take him on.

If Luna is ready, Effie should not be a problem, and maybe Hector would not be a problem.

7 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Julia pulls Cecilia. Julia takes next to no damage. Cecilia is down to 30%. When your turn comes you can savely kill her. Yessss. Everything looks good.

D: O-u-c-h! I'm sorry...did that ruin a deathless run??

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

Speaking of Linde ... for the first time since I can remember, her -res nature is actually coming back to bite me. Reinhardt on the final lunatic map kills her before she can counterattack.

At least I have Nino, female Robin, and Mae for that.

I put triangle adept back on Sanaki after not having it on for a while. Veronica does no damage to Sanaki unless she gets her proc, which is amazing. Yeah, I can't dent blue things as well anymore but eh.

27 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Heroes rule number four:

Never get caught reloading Always check the enemies skills

I did. It was my own fault. I was like. Hey I think I can actually Pull Veronica with Ryoma and she'll die on the next phase. Big mistake. To make up for it I finally got a full clear using only 3 teams! W00!

OFCw7QM.png

Got a second one-team clear! Lost both m!Robin and Priscilla to Veronica, but it made it possible to get a pretty goofy takedown on her.

Took a while, though. No 705 yet.

Have beaten Lunatic-7 a few times now but mannn, my grades are terrible. I have a bunch of units ,many of them trained, but most of them ain't great so I need to waste lots of turns to positioning. Highest score I've gotten was like...605, or so. My strategy for the last map is basically give an earnest shot, then 2 "well...maybe..." teams, then hope that my remaining good units can finish the job. 

At this point my finale team is generally: Sanaki, Nino, Olivia, filler. I usually try to bring a brave user like Raven, especially for Jagen. Sanaki is basically required for me...she's the only unit I have who can stand to Veronica (1 damage!) and she can instakill weakened Hector, Cecilia and of course Veronica. I haven't seen any axe horses but she'd be useful there too. Nino comes along for draw back and blues. I'm probably screwed if I ever see a Leo, though, since I'm using Reinhardt to make it this far and I don't have any blue mages up to speed beyond Ursula who has lots of trouble

also as a bit of "lol" Robin-F is terrrrrrrrible here. She is doubled by & nearly instant killed by like every possible option beyond, like, olwen. And even then. And barely does any damage too...the wolf tomes really showing their lack of fangs ( H O HO)

13 minutes ago, r_n said:

also as a bit of "lol" Robin-F is terrrrrrrrible here. She is doubled by & nearly instant killed by like every possible option beyond, like, olwen. And even then. And barely does any damage too...the wolf tomes really showing their lack of fangs ( H O HO)

Is your female Robin a 3-star or a 4-star? I recently promoted mine to 5-star, and if she's at full health she can actually survive Reinhardt as well using only Gronnwolf (didn't bother to upgrade her because I'm saving SP for Gronnraven). I don't think she has any resistance buffs on her when she faces him, too.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Is your female Robin a 3-star or a 4-star? I recently promoted mine to 5-star, and if she's at full health she can actually survive Reinhardt as well using only Gronnwolf (didn't bother to upgrade her because I'm saving SP for Gronnraven). I don't think she has any resistance buffs on her when she faces him, too.

4*. I might be confusing her death to Olwen with a different character, these all blur together