Tempest Torture

Arthur97

6 minutes ago, Apples said:

Does anyone know if people have been keeping tabs on ranking thresholds?

All I know is that my current pace (which hit 30k for Masked Marth this morning after just missing her last night) has pretty consistently been a few thousand short of the top 10k.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Or I could use that money on not a mobile game. Like a real game.

You could also just mow another lawn because mowing lawns gets you more orbs per hour than running Tempest Trials for "free" orbs. Why run Tempest Trials at all for orbs when you can just mow another lawn for more orbs?

It's probably just the principle of the thing.

Technically, I could buy a couple of orbs if I really wanted to. But I'd really prefer not to.

Hit 20k today...I'm pretty pleased with that! I'm not too sure who to give that new Breath of Life seal to...since I'm not running anyone with that skill to help magnify the effects (and no Linde so no 15 hp heal). Might look better into my teams to see who that might work best with....I do have a spare 4* Felicia to pass it along should I feel they work well with it...might save that for the 5* Enigmatic Blade to act as a medic...but that might be too big of an investment/distraction from the 50k reward. We'll see. :'D

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

All I know is that my current pace (which hit 30k for Masked Marth this morning after just missing her last night) has pretty consistently been a few thousand short of the top 10k.

Aw, that sounds mildly irritating for anyone striving for the 10k mark, but I've noticed a similar trend the first few days when I kept a consistent pace.

Now it stands to see if growth will remain roughly linear throughout the event, if it will spike, or even decline. The event is losing its novelty for many and the timeframe for the community goal by IS is just about up. 

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's probably just the principle of the thing.

Technically, I could buy a couple of orbs if I really wanted to. But I'd really prefer not to.

Essentially. I would also play anyways. While if I got cash money, I would rather buy something like Warriors, Mario, or, you know, gas.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Essentially. I would also play anyways. While if I got cash money, I would rather buy something like Warriors, Mario, or, you know, gas.

Planning a budget is a lovely thing and a skill that is lacking these days.

Depending on your living situation you could have a sizable enough disposable income for whatever you wanted, in this case orbs.

7 minutes ago, Apples said:

Aw, that sounds mildly irritating for anyone striving for the 10k mark, but I've noticed a similar trend the first few days when I kept a consistent pace.

Now it stands to see if growth will remain roughly linear throughout the event, if it will spike, or even decline. The event is losing its novelty for many and the timeframe for the community goal by IS is just about up. 

I'm expecting growth will decline as the event continues due to players hitting the reward they are going for and slowing down afterwards.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

The original post I was replying to was

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Never belittle free orbs!

which was in response to

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

After 50,000 points, the rewards are just a bonus for playing, kind of like Trial Maps. The real final reward is Quickened Pulse at 50,000.

and I'm basically saying that free orbs aren't worth the time if that's the only reason you're playing the event past 50,000 because mowing lawns gives you greater return on time investment.

Just 1k short of 30k. My last set of tempest runs have been horrible 280 and 339 failures with one 500+ win barely. Red mages just ruin my day because I have NO ANSWER to them. Lukas just dies immediately. No real answer to greens because Soren can't one round everything and even the blue mages catch me by surprise sometimes.

I ran an all mage team with Soren/Tharja/B!Caeda/Sakura but Tharja and Caeda really feel the effects of being +SPD/-ATK and Tharja's only *4. Plus running all of them means that I'm losing 3 answers to Veronica and the only other mages I have are +ATK Raigh and Sophia for red, -ATK Robin/Reinhardt (*4)/Odin and a bunch of bad nature 3 star Ninos for green, oh yeah and a Neutral Cecilia. 

Tempest life is rough. Maybe if I powerlevel Masked Marth after getting her she'll make things easier. I'd be well into 30k if I wasn't failing so many runs and even winning the 5 stage lunatic is rough but feels pointless when I'm getting 300-500 from winning and even less when I lose which still happens.

5 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

That's good that your team can work to get rid of Veronica! Yeah, Boey's trouble if you don't have a good counter...Leo - being a red mage - has wrecked me way too many times than I'd like to think about...

I understand D: I wish you luck on getting to her!! I don't think you'll need to use too many potions? Since you'd only need to do an extra day's worth (you're averaging ~10k every 5 days...so 20k by day 10...so it'd be 30k on day 15 - since the event ends before that, you just need to make up the difference). Good luck!! I hope you get her without too much hassle!

Yeah, Leo can get rip of Boey pretty easy! I got a Boey in a fight before Veronica, and Leo received like... 1 damage and destroyed him... Too bad we can't know what are we fighting before starting the trial, because I would let Leo waiting if I knew there is going to be a Boey in the end xD. In the other hand enemy Leo is problematic, if we run a green mage.

Yup! I'm now at 12,300 points! I'm going to make Lucina my goal for this trial! Oh and  this

tumblr_orgl33dEuP1rql8cco1_540.png

In a spur of luck, I beated 7 fights with both C! Looks that today is my luck day or something, since I got a 5* Lon'qu early in the morning.

Edited by SniperGYS

19 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Planning a budget is a lovely thing and a skill that is lacking these days.

Depending on your living situation you could have a sizable enough disposable income for whatever you wanted, in this case orbs.

I'm having trouble finding a job at the moment. 

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm expecting growth will decline as the event continues due to players hitting the reward they are going for and slowing down afterwards.

The original post I was replying to was

which was in response to

and I'm basically saying that free orbs aren't worth the time if that's the only reason you're playing the event past 50,000 because mowing lawns gives you greater return on time investment.

I don't have a lawn mower. Besides, orbs are a reward for recreation, not work.

Back on topic, my Nino now has Desparation. Hasn't really helped yet.

Mowing lawns in this weather? I'd burn up the second I step outside.

I mean if you give me actual money I'd just put that towards like, a house a couple years down the line or really good food or something, not that I need lawnmowing money to afford orbs but houses are expensive even for software engineers out here, cost of living is insane

Anyway I'm at around 47k so once my stams refill a bit I should be able to get that Quickened Pulse today. Lunatic A/A runs usually happen, and if not then I get A/B and B/B at worst. Team's Ryoma, Robin, Nino, and Olivia. Swapping out Ryoma's Fury for TA3 has done wonders for his longevity.

Edited by Thor Odinson

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Back on topic, my Nino now has Desperation. Hasn't really helped yet.

You just gotta give it more runs either that or you aren't using it right

Desperation is probably single-handedly responsible for more than half of my deathless Lunatic Tempest runs and has saved my ass in countless situations. 

I get the idea that the Voting Gauntlet and Tempest Trials are something that won't be in the same month, meaning both of these are probably going to be Bi-Monthly and we won't see the trials again until August. I'll be more than ready when that time comes.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I think I need another 5* swordie, any suggestions? My options include Chrom, Marth, Seliph, Lloyde, Fir, Zephiel, and Eliwood as well as others.

This isn't the thread for questions like this, but I'll just give a quick answer. 

It largely depends on what swords you already have and why you think you need another one (as in what roles are the ones you already have failing to fulfill). I can't give an adequate answer without knowing that much. 

If you just wanted to know who a good 5* sword unit in general is though, I would say the free 5* "Marth" you get as a Tempest reward is a solid option. 

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

This isn't the thread for questions like this, but I'll just give a quick answer. 

It largely depends on what swords you already have and why you think you need another one (as in what roles are the ones you already have failing to fulfill). I can't give an adequate answer without knowing that much. 

If you just wanted to know who a good 5* sword unit in general is though, I would say the free 5* "Marth" you get as a Tempest reward is a solid option. 

Well I was asking since this event is why I need one (which means Chrom is essentially out. And, yes, I do have the "Marth". I'm thinking about giving her desperation since I have one more spare Shanna.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Well I was asking since this event is why I need one (which means Chrom is essentially out. And, yes, I do have the "Marth". I'm thinking about giving her desperation since I have one more spare Shanna.

That works. 

Fury/Swordbreaker and LD/Desperation are her best sets (though I think the Fury build is better unless she's +Spd, which the free one isn't) (the difference is minor though, so it should fine to go with LD/Desperation if that's what you have the fodder for). 

You could also do a Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid cleric build if you're using her for Tempest. 

11 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just want to get to 50,000 and get that Quickened Pulse seal...just barely made it to 6k....Those inflated stats are ridiculous.

There's a reason this mode only appears a few months since its release, Lord Zero. Those who come late will kind of suffer, I believe.

10 hours ago, Arcanite said:

#TempestTorture

I found my perfect winning formula, and even then I sometimes mess up too XD or get a horrible map

That's only happened 3 times though so it doesn't happen too much ever since I discovered my way to win

#TorturedSummoner

No matter how good we are, those inflated stats and various enemies can make the winning formula never guaranteed to work.

17 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

No matter how good we are, those inflated stats and various enemies can make the winning formula never guaranteed to work.

Haven't lost in a WHILE though

Seems I've gotten the hang of it LOL

This thread should still be called tempest torture though

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Haven't lost in a WHILE though

Seems I've gotten the hang of it LOL

This thread should still be called tempest torture though

There, happy? Next time I should call it Tempest Torture Strikes Back.

27 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That works. 

Fury/Swordbreaker and LD/Desperation are her best sets (though I think the Fury build is better unless she's +Spd, which the free one isn't) (the difference is minor though, so it should fine to go with LD/Desperation if that's what you have the fodder for). 

You could also do a Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid cleric build if you're using her for Tempest. 

Now I need to find LD. Makes me feel like I kind of wasted Vantage on basic Lucina.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Just 1k short of 30k. My last set of tempest runs have been horrible 280 and 339 failures with one 500+ win barely. Red mages just ruin my day because I have NO ANSWER to them. Lukas just dies immediately. No real answer to greens because Soren can't one round everything and even the blue mages catch me by surprise sometimes.

I ran an all mage team with Soren/Tharja/B!Caeda/Sakura but Tharja and Caeda really feel the effects of being +SPD/-ATK and Tharja's only *4. Plus running all of them means that I'm losing 3 answers to Veronica and the only other mages I have are +ATK Raigh and Sophia for red, -ATK Robin/Reinhardt (*4)/Odin and a bunch of bad nature 3 star Ninos for green, oh yeah and a Neutral Cecilia. 

Tempest life is rough. Maybe if I powerlevel Masked Marth after getting her she'll make things easier. I'd be well into 30k if I wasn't failing so many runs and even winning the 5 stage lunatic is rough but feels pointless when I'm getting 300-500 from winning and even less when I lose which still happens.

Hmmm. . .

- Can you slap R Tomebreaker on Lukas?  That should stop them from doubling, which should give him some survivability.
- Try using a healer in the fourth slot.  I use an attack-oriented Lucius.
- What buffs can you give to Tharja with your team?
- If you gave Raigh a decent proc, he can put a nice dent in Veronica.  I've done this a few times, when I get a no-blue last stage.  You may need someone wit Hone/Spur Spd, if Veronica doubles him.
- The 5-stage Lunatic is what I'm doing, for my sanity's sake.

For comparison, I'm using a +Res/-Spd Lucina to ruin Veronica's day.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

There, happy? Next time I should call it Tempest Torture Strikes Back.

I love you

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

- The 5-stage Lunatic is what I'm doing, for my sanity's sake.

Psh what?

You can do the old "One team gets to battle 4 and the other team finishes the rest" strat that I do

Gets me 676 with A in speed and B in survival