Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not running Armorslayer anymore? Is this just for Veronica?

She happened to have a Ruby sword for whatever reason---or rather, I can't remember the reason---and TA 3 is far better than effective damage versus armor. Armors either: A, 1 shot her, in which case they're fucking Effie and an armor-slayer isn't going to help, or B, ding for basically 0 damage, in which case Renewal + Ignis means she wins the duel anyway.

She's still 4*, so it's not like changing weapons drop her Atk.

You guys are making such quick progress!! I feel like I'm slacking now... I'm only working on getting to 24-25k for the day...considering maybe pushing to 30k to get the 5*...but that'd require using stamina potions...and I'm unsure if it's worth that...though, I want to stay within the top 50k (currently at 42,906) so I can get those 4,000 free feathers...

Just now, DehNutCase said:

She happened to have a Ruby sword for whatever reason---or rather, I can't remember the reason---and TA 3 is far better than effective damage versus armor. Armors either: A, 1 shot her, in which case they're fucking Effie and an armor-slayer isn't going to help, or B, ding for basically 0 damage, in which case Renewal + Ignis means she wins the duel anyway.

She's still 4*, so it's not like changing weapons drop her Atk.

I thought you told me Armorslayer was better or something... Oh well. I'm still Wo Dao boyz.

I thought you told me Armorslayer was better or something... Oh well. I'm still Wo Dao boyz.

Armorslayer+ is a decent sword, and probably better than Ruby normal, but the main reason to keep it is because: Selena starts with it, so it's 20k cheaper than all the other options if Selena is 5*. (And it performs acceptably when Ignis is up since it gives effective damage versus armors, which tend to be the units strong enough to survive an Ignis round. It's not the best sword, but it's 'good enough' that 20k feathers should probably be spent elsewhere.)

Armoslayer, however, is worse than Ruby normal, because it lacks 4 extra MT.

My Selena isn't 5* yet.

Just got the Quickened Pulse seal. Put it on Nino, because her iceberg has been invaluable in the tempest trial runs. Although I could always put it on Fae, who actually needs the hero merit more?

wut u doin wit youur life

This is just how I play games: First I focus on maximizing resource production, then I use my excess on vanity projects.

My offensive team is good enough, now, so I'm going to work on a reliable defense team that gets ~5 or so wins each week. Only after I manage to build a reliable defense team will I work on making teams of characters I actually like. (Not to say I don't like the characters I'm currently using, of course. But I'm obviously going to focus on the units I like and are amazing first, before working on units that are meh but I like.)

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

This is just how I play games: First I focus on maximizing resource production, then I use my excess on vanity projects.

My offensive team is good enough, now, so I'm going to work on a reliable defense team that gets ~5 or so wins each week. Only after I manage to build a reliable defense team will I work on making teams of characters I actually like. (Not to say I don't like the characters I'm currently using, of course. But I'm obviously going to focus on the units I like and are amazing first, before working on units that are meh but I like.)

is just joek

@Sunwoo Put it on Klein and run 4-count specials, then laugh.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Is his Boon +Res lol?

Nah, it's +spd XD;

He's the only Klein I've ever pulled. Still holding out hope that maybe I can get one that's not -atk someday.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Nah, it's +spd XD;

He's the only Klein I've ever pulled. Still holding out hope that maybe I can get one that's not -atk someday.

Should work okay, I guess. Nino doesn't really need her Special almost ever, so she doesn't need Quickened Pulse.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Should work okay, I guess. Nino doesn't really need her Special almost ever, so she doesn't need Quickened Pulse.

All right, sounds like a plan! And this should get Klein some more hero merit as well, which he badly needs.

3 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

:'D Yeah...that's very true. I wondered why Leo was so slow, but I guess manipulating gravity/the cycle of life to grow a tree from nothing...takes some time. A bit vexing for gameplay purposes, but still a good adaptation in Heroes~

Ah, congratulations!! That's awesome! That first seal's definitely within reach~! That'd be pretty nice to give Nino if you consistently keep her safe~

The practice definitely makes it easier to start coming up with good strategies (just...don't pull a me - where the repetition of it causes the brain to start making silly moves pffffft...). That's wonderful to hear that you cleared it with two teams! What was your score?

Horse Emblem + dancer is definitely really a wonderful thing...assuming the dancer can reach haha! That three move's so nice...but the inability to pass through forests makes certain maps frustrating. Is Ursula using Blarblade, or is she still with her original tome? Olivia's surprisingly durable against Veronica...that's so interesting even a 3* can take that hit - that can be helpful for baiting!

If your team's getting more and more consistent in at least getting to the last map, I'd start with a "team" with a 40% bonus character, surrender, and go onward (as many others have suggested/are doing). While it can limit your opportunities to clear, you'll at least get a higher score in the end.

Pffffft - oh? XD Oh dear haha~

Can't remember the exact score, but it was near to 290 points... I just forget that I was in my second team (yeah didn't read the uper part of screen while choosing my guys), so I go full power team and Robin was left out lol . Robin has been lvling up a bit in this trial, he is now lv35, that is something, and Bride!Cordelia is now lv38, she is doing fine too.

Everyone in Horse Emblem have 0 inheritance, so yeah, Ursula have her default tome... That tome has saved me a lot! She + Olivia can take down lot of enemy horses.

Ok, I'm in 17,400~something now, that seal is going to be mine today I hope (is already 12:10?? wow)

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

Can't remember the exact score, but it was near to 290 points... I just forget that I was in my second team (yeah didn't read the uper part of screen while choosing my guys), so I go full power team and Robin was left out lol . Robin has been lvling up a bit in this trial, he is now lv35, that is something, and Bride!Cordelia is now lv38, she is doing fine too.

Everyone in Horse Emblem have 0 inheritance, so yeah, Ursula have her default tome... That tome has saved me a lot! She + Olivia can take down lot of enemy horses.

Ok, I'm in 17,400~something now, that seal is going to be mine today I hope (is already 12:10?? wow)

Nice, nice~! though, forgetting Robin seems like that wasn't too good... :'D I'm glad it all worked out, though! And, yeah, the Tempest Torture Trials really are helping units get levels quickly~ Hero Merit gets raked in pretty quick, too.

Nice! I'm glad that they've been helping you out so much~! That combination sounds pretty deadly...if something didn't go down to the first attack, it would to the second. Or, the dance can get Ursula away from danger.

:D Awesome! I hope you're able to get it soon~! And, ohhhh it's getting late for you, huh? Then again...I could say the same thing for myself haha~

So... B!Caeda/Soren/Xander/Wrys is a winner. Caeda handles the bane of my existence very well and erases mages. I was going to give her Swordbreaker and Draw Back but she's doing alright without it. Soren continues to melt blues, most greens and some reds with Growing Wind proc and Xander swoops in and destroys the greens with extreme prejudice even without hone cavalry. He's slaying some reds, (particularly mages) and with Vantage, failing to kill doesn't spell his doom. Wrys keeps him and everyone else healthy and with reposition on Xander, Draw Back on Soren and healing with Wrys, even B!Caeda lacking a positioning skill has been a loss I'm able to take. I got 2 C/A scores and the third run even a B/A. Problem is this team lacks a bonus character so I have to suicide at the last round in order to maybe beat Veronica. I've been consistently beating her convincingly over these last few runs.

If Camus was *5 and level 40, I could swap Xander out for him and swap out B!Caeda with Tharja. Soren and Wrys are winners but I need Tharja and a strong lance unit.

*5 Hinoka, *4 Abel, *4 Catria *5 Lukas. Even at +ATK Catria lacks the firepower to Decisively kill reds, also she can't duel with blue physicals like Lukas. Hinoka can swoop in and kill, but now there's the issue of bowmen. Abel is useless against anything that isn't red and Lukas has the same issue as before of dying to anything remotely magical. Swapping Olivia out for Tharja gimps the team.

I'm consistently getting 400-500 instead of my previous 200-500 but I'm missing that bonus multiplier... Got to figure this out.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is his Boon +Res lol?

[+Res, -Atk] Klein deals less damage on a Glacies hit (including the damage of the base attack) than neutral Klein by virtue of the fact that -Atk on Klein is -4 Atk.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

[+Res, -Atk] Klein deals less damage on a Glacies hit (including the damage of the base attack) than neutral Klein by virtue of the fact that -Atk on Klein is -4 Atk.

I didn't know about the -4, but really, not much was to be expected from -Atk.

Just under 25k and it's getting so incredibly boring... I might not get to the 50k due to stopping out of sheer boredom.

This is way too much of a grind.

Unfortunately I can't beat 7 map lunatic yet, so I'm doing 5 map Lunatic where I usually get 400-450. It's still getting super boring, repeating the same maps with the same characters over and over again...

At least I'm getting better at clearing the final map.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing