Tempest Torture

Arthur97

7 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Wow, that last map is killer.  Veronica can battle some of my reds 1v1 and win.  I'm capable of beating it, but I can already tell I'm not going to be getting any deathless runs.  I don't think I'll even be able to go without losing a team.

I'm thinking I'm similar to you except that last map will involve me getting very lucky lol

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There's plenty of stuff even Reinhardt can't ORKO on Veronica's map like Sully and Gwendolyn. 

Or Reinhardt. Screw Veronica’s Reinhardt.

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That battle wasn't but who knows how well future battles would go; would I be lucky to face the same team? There's plenty of stuff even Reinhardt can't ORKO on Veronica's map like Sully and Gwendolyn. 

That's why my advice is keep trying. Even if you're down to including a four star level 20 swordie, just throw him at veronica and at least he'll knock down another six hp.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Or Reinhardt. Screw Veronica’s Reinhardt.

The last one I saw had Def +3 as his A skill so he wasn't scary at all! Thank god for that.

Just finished another deathless run and actually got an A in speed this time too. Pretty cool.

Spoiler

2c1f89b46d.png

Took a little bit of effort When Veronica moved awkwardly after I baited Reinhardt by breaking the wall in the bottom right, but it all worked out.

Spoiler

fd6d5fc374.png

Spoiler

28a15b18e3.png

Just now, sonicstormer38 said:

Masked Lucina doesn't have any skills.  You can see for yourself by selecting her icon in the rewards menu, and then viewing her skill list.

I know what it says, but has anyone actually gotten her?

So you get the full bonus unit even if they just in the last map?  If so its definatly worth setting up the second team without one focusing on red and green triangle advantage to take the rein and Veronica.  Would be nice if they mixed it up a Bit more, but they can only improve from here.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Problems: 

None of my units besides 4* Cordelia has Triangle Adept and I have never pulled Roy or any hero that gets Triangle Adept 3 as a 4/5* hero. Ruby Sword Olivia only deals like 10 damage against Veronica on Hard mode.

I also don't have any red units that can ORKO Veronica besides Tharja but Tharja almost gets OHKO'd in return, assuming she was at full health. My Lyn and Lloyd require having a dancer backing them up and there's no guarantee that either can survive the other enemies afterwards with how cramped the map is.

Knowledge means nothing if my best options available don't cut it.

Do you have any desperation fodder for Tharja, even desperation 2? If I get my Tharja below half health and have Olivia boots het with hone attack and the fortify res seal, she can easily one round Veronica without taking any damage. You still need to deal with the other units though.

7 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Has anyone gotten M!Lucina yet? Does she really have no skills?

I have her, she learns no skills (apart from weapons).

Just now, Bartozio said:

I have her, she learns no skills (apart from weapons).

That's weird.

I mean, what was the point of that? Seriously.

IS was just like, "Hey, let's make Lucina the reward."

"Ok, but we can't just give away Lucina. Let's change her skills to be crappy."

"No, let's go even further. We'll just give her no skills at all."

1 minute ago, Fruity Insanity said:

I mean, she's a good unit if you invest in her, since her statline is fantastic.

Also she comes at base 5*, so no need to upgrade her.

True, true. But that's what makes it so weird. Why just have no skills on her? So you can't ever use her for SI?

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

True, true. But that's what makes it so weird. Why just have no skills on her? So you can't ever use her for SI?

I guess they didn't want to hand out a free 5* to easily. I still find this pretty generous though.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Probably to discourage people from sacrificing a limited availability unit. Eh, her base kit was pretty bad anyways aside from Luna

That last map can even give my horse-emblem team a run for the hill. Managed to do so far 2 deathless runs out of 5.

Seriously Veronic allways needs a combined effort of Cecilia and Xander to take her down o.O

Well at least the B Team can one-shot Veronica with Kagero +6: But Struggles against the The Tank lol especially if Effiy ._. (Yeah Ryoma and Azura cant do shit on her and well Azama... he is nice for healing and blocking the way to his high defense)

Edited by Hilda

That Veronica... That Veronica looks like a pain... The only Red mage I have is Leo and an unleveled -Atk Tharja... I hasn' started playing the trial and I feel doomed already

Well, on the next to last difficulty (don't get me started on the last one) I seem to be getting better. Lucina at full health can take an attack from Veronica and with Aether, she can take her down in one round. However, I've been doing really bad in the speed category. Partly due to the fact that I tend to end up playing ring around the column with the armor unit at the end.

The Ace up my sleeve  seems to be Klein - he nearly single handedly gets me through about half the maps, when he goes down I quickly lose lol

Also that last map - ugh

I changed up my main line up for this - getting okay success with Julia/Azura/Tharja/Klein - all 5*, and when I say okay success I'd rate it okay for me and prob. below par for most people here lol

Edited by Marcodian_Elite

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

I'm changing up my strategy for the tempest trials. Going to finish the 1st match with a bootleg bonus unit team, insta-surrender on the second map and then speed through the rest of the maps with my A-Team

(This entire event is basically "Celica deletes Veronica out of existence")

Alright, tried this out by entering with Olivia/Lilina/Ephraim/F!Robin for bonus on the last stratum, then surrendering on the second match to switch back to Celica/Ninian/Michalis/Priscilla 

Ended up with A for speed (x1.5), B for survival (x1.15) and the x1.2 bonus for a total of 579 points.

In comparison, my double A run without a bonus unit only scored 504 points.

A couple questions: 

Is there a limit to the number of attempts you can do, apart from Stamina costs?

Does Speed rating go by turn count or actual time in battle?

18 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

That Veronica... That Veronica looks like a pain... The only Red mage I have is Leo and an unleveled -Atk Tharja... I hasn' started playing the trial and I feel doomed already

This, I think, is everyone's problem. DON'T fight her at range. She doesn't have close counter, so don't even bother using mages. Just bait her out, then sword her to death.

Genny is god-sent for this mode. She can heal and do actual damage! Props to those who can actually finish the last trial with no healer...

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

A couple questions: 

Is there a limit to the number of attempts you can do, apart from Stamina costs?

Does Speed rating go by turn count or actual time in battle?

There's no limit, you can try as many times as you like. The speed rating goes by turn count. 

I was able to cut down on the amount of deaths, but I still can't get more than a B in survival.  Luckily I'm doing well in speed which kind of makes up for it.   The main problem is the bonus unit is kind of just dead weight, but the points he offers me are more valuable than the extra points I'd get for survivability if I ditched him.