Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Completed my first Tempest Trials run.

[Surrendered Round 4] Bonus Filler: Sharena, 4* Tharja, Marth, Camilla
Main Team: Ephraim, Erika, Nino, Ryoma
Teams C & D: Unused
- - - - -
Base Score: 40 // Maps Cleared: x7 (7/7)
Speed: x1.5 (A)
Survival: x1.15 (B)
Bonus Ally: x1.4

Total Score: 676

I want to say I got lucky with my first run. My Bonus Filler team did far better than originally anticipated, but I did do a last minute SI on my non-optimized Marth. (Gave him Ardent Sacrifice, Darting Blow 1, and Breath of Life 1 from Florina). What caused their downfall was Catria, her high DEF was troublesome against my team and I had that "Raven Isle Awakening" map (the one with the two cliffs on the side) and they had a poor matchup. It didn't help that Tharja was a 4* and she could not double anything even with her default Darting Blow.

As for the final map, I ended up dealing with Celicia, Hector, Jeorge, and Cain alongside Veronica. As my team was in high spirits, Ryoma killed Celica while Desperate Nino killed Hector. Cain got himself impaled on Ephraim's lance. However, Ryoma had to do a heroic sacrifice, killing Jeorge and getting a vantage hit in on Veronica before relying on Desperate Nino to finish off Veronica. I did have a slight hiccup since Veronica's tome acts like a Panic with 2 range, but even with the debuffs Nino tried her best and defeated Veronica.

It is definitely challenging and and I am enjoying it thus for my first run. This mode encourages healers or units that can heal using skills (Ardent Sacrifice, Reciprocal Aid, Falchion, Renewal, Breath of Life, Sol, Aether, etc.) As I run it multiple times, my perspective may change, but as long as I get at least 500 points a run, I'll be set. Now I just have to do some research on the Speed and Survival multipliers and see what I can get away with...

Edited by Sire

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, pumpkinspice48 said:

I was able to cut down on the amount of deaths, but I still can't get more than a B in survival.  Luckily I'm doing well in speed which kind of makes up for it.   The main problem is the bonus unit is kind of just dead weight, but the points he offers me are more valuable than the extra points I'd get for survivability if I ditched him. 

Don't worry about that.

Getting an A increases your multiplier from 1.15 to 1.2

That's it.

I'd almost like to give it a go without a healer, or even just some secondary teams for fun to see how well I can do, but the stamina cost is just too steep to want to mess around with it.

I don't know whether I like this or hate it, one the one hand it's slightly more resource efficient than playing training tower 5 times in a row, but on the other it's ridiculously grindy to get exclusive resources, and it's reminding me how much I hate how easily units are one shotted in this game.

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm curious, how many people here are aiming for a score of 99,999 to get all the rewards?

Hahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahha!

Just now, Lemmy said:

I don't know whether I like this or hate it, one the one hand it's slightly more resource efficient than playing training tower 5 times in a row, but on the other it's ridiculously grindy to get exclusive resources, and it's reminding me how much I hate how easily units are one shotted in this game.

I leaning towards hate if just because of how ridiculous that last map is. In addition to Veronica, the map itself is kinda stacked against you. It may be worse than that other Awakening map that's on the hillside with the tree in place of where a fort.

Just had my first win on Lunatic Teams,4 battles 7.

Took me to the third team (which as you guys suggested was my powerfull guys saved for last)
Nowi in the first round gives the *1.4 bonus. And it's still only 474 points compared to the 330 on the defeats. Still. More points is better.

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm curious, how many people here are aiming for a score of 99,999 to get all the rewards?

I am. I can get 705 pretty consistently, so I only need about 10 good runs a day. I might very well end up not reaching that goal if I get a few bad days, but I have some starmina potions safed up so it seems possible.

From the way you phrase the question, I assume you're not aiming that high?

Just now, Bartozio said:

I am. I can get 705 pretty consistently, so I only need about 10 good runs a day. I might very well end up not reaching that goal if I get a few bad days, but I have some starmina potions safed up so it seems possible.

From the way you phrase the question, I assume you're not aiming that high?

I'm aiming for the full rewards. I'm a completionist and I like free orbs. Even without getting full points on the last map, its still very possible to get everything as long as you use all your stamina. Just wanted to see how many people were up to the challenge. 

14 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I was able to cut down on the amount of deaths, but I still can't get more than a B in survival.  Luckily I'm doing well in speed which kind of makes up for it.   The main problem is the bonus unit is kind of just dead weight, but the points he offers me are more valuable than the extra points I'd get for survivability if I ditched him. 

You only have to field the bonus character once for it to count, so you can surrender the first match and keep going with a better team. You'll still only get a B for survival, but you'll probably have an easier time with it.

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm not aiming for it specifically, but given how stamina-efficient it is for SP and Hero Merit, I'll probably just hit 99,999 points without even trying for it.

It's 142 perfect runs to hit 99,999 points, which is 2840 stamina or 14,200 minutes or just under 10 days with no stamina wasted. So using 70% of your total stamina on Tempest runs for the 14 days this event goes on will get you the maximum score reward if you consistently score perfect scores.

13 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Assuming I can continue getting 579 on every run, it will take me 162 more runs of the last stratum to reach 99,999 score. I also have 41 stamina potions stockpiled so I think I can reach that mark. I'm only really aiming for the quickened pulse seal though.

Currently sitting at 3,264 points after using all my stamina.  Highest score so far is 631, getting a B in both Speed and Survival.  My strategy is to get as far as I can with my Robin/Ephraim/Nino/Ike squad, hopefully making it to the final round.  If not I just use other 5* squads until Gunter/Eldigan/Reinhardt/Camus can clean house in the final map.  If Reinhardt or Olwen are present, I'll swap out Camus for Julia. 

3572 points a day is what you need to hit on average for all the important rewards.

Benchmarks:

1- 3572 | 2 - 7144 | 3 - 10716 | 4 - 14288 | 5 - 17860 | 6 - 21432 | 7 - 25004
8 - 28576 | 9 - 32148 | 10 - 35720 | 11 - 39292 | 12 - 42864 | 13 - 46436 | 14 - 50000

30 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm going for it. Hopefully I won't have to blow all my stamina potions trying.

Just now, Silith13 said:

3572 points a day is what you need to hit on average for all the important rewards

I already have 6k lol

Looks like I can be lazy tomorrow then huh? 

2 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

3572 points a day is what you need to hit on average for all the important rewards.

Benchmarks:

1- 3572 | 2 - 7144 | 3 - 10716 | 4 - 14288 | 5 - 17860 | 6 - 21432 | 7 - 25004
8 - 28576 | 9 - 32148 | 10 - 35720 | 11 - 39292 | 12 - 42864 | 13 - 46436 | 14 - 50000

So it just keeps adding up? Or is it a max score per day thing?

Just now, Rezzy said:

So it just keeps adding up? Or is it a max score per day thing?

Keeps adding up, bless Naga. Reaching 99,999 points in a single day will be difficult and rather demanding.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, this thread exploded:

To get masked marth 5*, you need to score slightly over 2,000 points per day. 

For someone like me who is getting like 200pts per run max, this is difficult.  Maybe I should go to a lower difficulty.

The focus heroes are just NOT fair.  I mean, because I don't use these four characters I'm pretty much screwed for one run?  It's almost like I just need to have my first team just be the focus hero and suicide, then use a real team...

Didn't see the no-healing coming.  My dancer team is suffering since I just +'d my only healer, Sakura so I don't have a replacement (+'d level 1 with level 40 so she's lvl14).  Then again, Spring Camilla wrecks everything until the final boss round...

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, this thread exploded:

To get masked marth 5*, you need to score slightly over 2,000 points per day. 

For someone like me who is getting like 200pts per run max, this is difficult.  Maybe I should go to a lower difficulty.

The focus heroes are just NOT fair.  I mean, because I don't use these four characters I'm pretty much screwed for one run?  It's almost like I just need to have my first team just be the focus hero and suicide, then use a real team...

You can get 504 points on the highest difficulty without a bonus hero though, so if you only want the 5* unit, you don't need a bonus hero. I believe the second highest gives you 400ish points. If you can't get a high score with a bonus unit, you may want to try doing it without one (or put a bonus unit on your first team and surrender the first battle to switch in your good team, both should get you to 2k a day).