Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I want to play with my new "Marth" but I can't since this event is vaccuming up all my stamina >.<

I know, but she's just the 4 star one. I set her as my "leader" at least since you can set the defense team to not the first so she doesn't kill my chances.

4 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Congrats on getting 418 points and 7,178 overall score~! :D

Ohhhh~ that's interesting! That +DEF boon sounds pretty nice - especially with that raven tome. I'm worried that my -DEF is going to make him a bit squishy...and -ATK for my 5* won't let him hit as hard (and there's no defense boon, so he'll still get hit hard and not be able to counter). And, oh, I'm the same way - I need to keep at least one copy of every unit! I have a 5* Roy already (+HP/-DEF); I only managed to pull a single 4*, so I've been sitting on who to give TA3 to haha~

Robin is probably one the most beneficial to have due to that tome, but that IV doesn't sound too great.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Took me a while to perfect my technique so you're ahead of me lol

If we can reach 10k in a day, then that 99,999 reward is also in the bag. WOO HOO

My goal is 10K a day. It may take some potions, but that's my goal.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

My goal is 10K a day. It may take some potions, but that's my goal.

I would have had a WAY higher score if I knew what I was doing :/

Even so, this seems like a shoo-in so far. I sure hope they dont throw any curve balls XD

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Took me a while to perfect my technique so you're ahead of me lol

If we can reach 10k in a day, then that 99,999 reward is also in the bag. WOO HOO

Believe it or not, there are days when I randomly run 10th Stratum with only my core team to pass the time...

What's your score rn?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Robin is probably one the most beneficial to have due to that tome, but that IV doesn't sound too great.

Mm, yeah...thus my struggle. :'D I might just have to invest in my 4* Tharja (+SPD/-RES) instead...I know the boon/bane doesn't necessarily make or break a character, but...hmmmm I'm not sure...I'm pretty awful with these things... XX;

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I would have had a WAY higher score if I knew what I was doing :/

Even so, this seems like a shoo-in so far. I sure hope they dont throw any curve balls XD

I guess I just don't have the optimal units. Though sending in the decoy team seems to help.

Just now, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Mm, yeah...thus my struggle. :'D I might just have to invest in my 4* Tharja (+SPD/-RES) instead...I know the boon/bane doesn't necessarily make or break a character, but...hmmmm I'm not sure...I'm pretty awful with these things... XX;

So am I, but I give nothing to Tharja due to preference which also means I'm out a good red mage unfortunately since I don't have Sanaki, Celica, or Lillia.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

So am I, but I give nothing to Tharja due to preference which also means I'm out a good red mage unfortunately since I don't have Sanaki, Celica, or Lillia.

Tharja's okay by me, but I'd love Celica or Sanaki...neither of which I have. My only Lilia's +DEF/-ATK...so I can't see myself investing in her :'D I'm just passing time by getting my 4* Camus to 40...though, he won't be as good until I 5* him, I know. Ah well haha...

I officially have no fucking clue how the scoring system works. I've been getting A for speed most runs, and 705 is the usual.

Wait, nvm, I just suck at math. Somehow losing 1 speed rank dropped my score from 705 to 611, and I thought it was 711 because holy hell that's almost a hundred point drop for just 1 rank.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Whistle said:

Once i am doing it , i think i only need 1 team since even if some of ur member die i somehow finish it sitll lol. If u dont surrender u dont get deduct in point ~ :D.

Taking on Verinoca's map with an incomplete team feels well out of reach for any teams I can make. But you have a ton of merges, right?

tumblr_or8txcOpgq1sn35pqo1_500.png

Managed to get an almost-perfect score. Don't think I can top this at the moment; getting perfect survival would mean bringing out some of my best characters right off the bat and hoping they can carry a team with both a bonus unit and a healer through all seven maps, and that's way too risky.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Managed to get an almost-perfect score. Don't think I can top this at the moment; getting perfect survival would mean bringing out some of my best characters right off the bat and hoping they can carry a team with both a bonus unit and a healer through all seven maps, and that's way too risky.

Is your team fully SIed? If your core can handle 10th Stratum fights well with just a Dancer, you don't really need to field a healer at all, I find. Dancers just let you avoid damage completely in some situations.

5 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Tharja's okay by me, but I'd love Celica or Sanaki...neither of which I have. My only Lilia's +DEF/-ATK...so I can't see myself investing in her :'D I'm just passing time by getting my 4* Camus to 40...though, he won't be as good until I 5* him, I know. Ah well haha...

My Camus is 5* but he isn't properly developed and can struggle in this even. Especially when magic gets involved.

@Luna of Dragonblood Yikes, Ike and the rest of the Distant Counter units can be problematic during a run.

For Ike specifically, either Swordbreaker or Desperation are good outs against him; and as luck would have it, my team runs both.

I think the two most important abilities that are on every successful team are burst healing and consuective attacks, which are offered by both Rehabilitate and Desperation. On my team of Lucina / Nino / Ninian / Sakura, Nino is the main source of DPS, beating down melee and ranged without fearing a counter---all the while at 1 HP. Fury OP. When she needs to be at full health to deal with enemies she can't ORKO, Rehab brings her back from the brink.

For the final map, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but attacking the armored unit right away is a bad idea; this triggers Veronica and the unit next to her to start moving on the same turn. Rather, bait the mage cavalry on the right side and KO them on the next turn, then prepare for the cavalry on the left. Veronica and her partner will start moving the turn after that.

Any red unit with 50 Atk, Triangle Adept and G Tomebreaker can ORKO Veronica; if you don't have room for a bonus unit on your team, you can start a round with just the bonus unit, surrender, then build your actual team for the rest of the maps.

Hope this helps!

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is your team fully SIed? If your core can handle 10th Stratum fights well with just a Dancer, you don't really need to field a healer at all, I find. Dancers just let you avoid damage completely in some situations.

My team can do fine on 10th Stratum, but it's definitely not optimal and isn't great at avoiding damage completely. Xander/m!Robin/Hector/Olivia would be the best I could do like that, and I'd be concerned enough about bringing that team into the Veronica battle (due to having to field m!Robin in place of Reinhardt), let alone after all the damage it'd take from earlier battles.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

My team can do fine on 10th Stratum, but it's definitely not optimal and isn't great at avoiding damage completely. Xander/m!Robin/Hector/Olivia would be the best I could do like that, and I'd be concerned enough about bringing that team into the Veronica battle, let alone after all the damage it'd take from earlier battles.

Mhmmmmm, DC units probably aren't that great for this. The focus is all on quick ORKOs on player phase.

@MrSmokestack Wait, if I get wiped, my replacement team doesn't need a bonus unit?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mhmmmmm, DC units probably aren't that great for this. The focus is all on quick ORKOs on player phase.

Yeah, I'm sure this is where that kind of team could really shine with like quad Olwen and Cordelia. I've focused much more on DC builds because I've found them easier to make while letting me use plenty reliable enemy phase strats in the arena.

I also don't have a 5* dancer and I'm not in too big of a hurry to upgrade Olivia, so I wouldn't be able to have dancer support in the arena for those kinds of builds anyway, at least not without giving up points.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

My Camus is 5* but he isn't properly developed and can struggle in this even. Especially when magic gets involved.

Oh, most definitely! A lot of cavalry units seem to have that issue, unfortunately...he's pretty good even as a 4*, though! His weapon will just make him even better haha~

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Luna of Dragonblood Yikes, Ike and the rest of the Distant Counter units can be problematic during a run.

For Ike specifically, either Swordbreaker or Desperation are good outs against him; and as luck would have it, my team runs both.

I think the two most important abilities that are on every successful team are burst healing and consuective attacks, which are offered by both Rehabilitate and Desperation. On my team of Lucina / Nino / Ninian / Sakura, Nino is the main source of DPS, beating down melee and ranged without fearing a counter---all the while at 1 HP. Fury OP. When she needs to be at full health to deal with enemies she can't ORKO, Rehab brings her back from the brink.

For the final map, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but attacking the armored unit right away is a bad idea; this triggers Veronica and the unit next to her to start moving on the same turn. Rather, bait the mage cavalry on the right side and KO them on the next turn, then prepare for the cavalry on the left. Veronica and her partner will start moving the turn after that.

Any red unit with 50 Atk and G Tomebreaker can ORKO Veronica; if you don't have room for a bonus unit on your team, you can start a round with just the bonus unit, surrender, then build your actual team for the rest of the maps.

Hope this helps!

Sadly...I've never pulled a single Abel or Shanna ;; So both Swordbreaker (aside from running Ike) and Desperation are skills I just don't have available. My Ike's +ATK/-SPD...so he's a bit vulnerable to getting doubled...

I don't have Lucina yet, either, sadly. I have Ike (base skillset) and +SPD/-HP Lyn as my main red swords (also essentially base skillset - she has Reciprocal Aid to safely lower her HP, but otherwise she's standard). My Nino's a 3* (+ATK/-DEF...I think that's good for her?). I can promote her to 4* immediately if it's recommended I run her. I have +ATK/-HP (with +3 HP seal) Azura for a dancer. I have a Lissa already equipped with rehabilitate, thankfully, but not much else in the skill department aside from her base kit...

Oh! I hadn't heard/known that. I haven't been able to make much headway in the maps at all since my units are low on skill inheritance...thank you for letting me know, though! I'm really not sure what team I should be running/skills I should be using, so I'm really in a bind... ;;

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I'm sure this is where that kind of team could really shine with like quad Olwen and Cordelia. I've focused much more on DC builds because I've found them easier to make while letting me use plenty reliable enemy phase strats in the arena.

I also don't have a 5* dancer and I'm not in too big of a hurry to upgrade Olivia, so I wouldn't be able to have dancer support in the arena for those kinds of builds anyway, at least not without giving up points.

I've always been very Player Phase focused with my teams. Julia is pretty much my only unit that truly functions in Enemy Phase. Azura can tank Reds, but it just causes all sorts of fun with Wings of Mercy, since she can't ORKO some Fury Swords.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

Taking on Verinoca's map with an incomplete team feels well out of reach for any teams I can make. But you have a ton of merges, right?

tumblr_or8txcOpgq1sn35pqo1_500.png

Yer i use merge units ofc ^^. but i didnt use any healer tho, just passive healer and such 

23 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@MrSmokestack Wait, if I get wiped, my replacement team doesn't need a bonus unit?

As long as you used a bonus unit on any of your teams, the highest multiplier available will be applied to your final score. I could just field a 3* Lv. 1 Robin by himself on Round 1, surrender, then bring in the real team.

I concur with Distant Counter benefitting the AI more than it does the player. Not only does playing passively punish your Speed score, which is more important than Survival, but there's no telling what enemy units you'll run into that your units can't tank. Not even my QR Xander could deal with Veronica because of Quick Pulse letting her proc Bonfire way earlier than usual, deleting him.

@Luna of Dragonblood Not having Desperation bites, but having at least Rehabilitate and a Dancer should be fine. Ike with Quick Riposte can work quite nicely, especially with a healer giving it constant uptime.

Do bump your Nino, at least to complement your Ike by dealing with the blue mages that delete him. Even if you can't fully kit her with Desperation, she is worth every feather spent.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

As long as you used a bonus unit on any of your teams, the highest multiplier available will be applied to your final score. I could just field a 3* Lv. 1 Robin by himself on Round 1, surrender, then bring in the real team.

Well I guess I was dumb for trying to fit a Lissa into my backup team then lol. Guess I can put another damage dealer in to go with Celica and Kagerou. Though rapid fire Ragnaroks are also cool.

Distant Counter still works pretty well if you're packing TA and QR. My Nowi just completely destroys all reds and even the hyper-inflated stats are only doing single-digit damage (55 base Atk on a Celicia further boosted by Rag does a whopping 9 damage). One of each colour plus a healer should be able to sustain through most things.

34 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I think the two most important abilities that are on every successful team are burst healing and consuective attacks, which are offered by both Rehabilitate and Desperation.

I've been doing fine with Reciprocal Aid, Renewal (from Falchion), and Recover. Fae's massive pool of 50 HP lets her toss it around all over the place, letting Elise take her sweet time healing people back up.

Triangle Adept is a great alternative for Desperation, as well, since it basically means you take zero or nearly zero damage from at least one color.

31 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wait, if I get wiped, my replacement team doesn't need a bonus unit?

As long as a bonus unit is fielded at least once, it counts. You can start with a team that only has the bonus unit, surrender immediately, and start with your real team at a cost of having a maximum 1.15× survival multiplier instead of 1.2×, which isn't a big deal.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

I concur with Distant Counter benefitting the AI more than it does the player. Not only does playing passively punish your Speed score, which is more important than Survival, but there's no telling what enemy units you'll run into that your units can't tank. Not even my QR Xander could deal with Veronica because of Quick Pulse letting her proc Bonfire way earlier than usual, deleting him.

@Luna of Dragonblood Not having Desperation bites, but having at least Rehabilitate and a Dancer should be fine. Ike with Quick Riposte can work quite nicely, especially with a healer giving it constant uptime.

Do bump your Nino, at least to complement your Ike by dealing with the blue mages that delete him. Even if you can't fully kit her with Desperation, she is worth every feather spent.

My only access to Quick Riposte would be my my only Subaki - 3* neutral (I sent home the 2* one from the daily battle because I was a f-o-o-l, and it was before skill inheritance...) or my only Klien - 4* +HP/-SPD. I'd like to avoid using either since I like at least one of each unit, so I'm not too sure what to do there...I do have 40 orbs sitting around, but there's no guarantees...

Okay, I'll go work on my Nino~ Thank you! :D