Tempest Torture

Arthur97

So is this event basically just a grindfest?

71 perfect 705 score lunatic runs for 50,000 points and the Quickened Pulse seal.

Not that I can actually do that with 3* Robin, he's so weak and such a liability to drag around.

I can do it without a bonus unit though... But that is 504 score, or 100 runs.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

So is this event basically just a grindfest?

71 perfect 705 score lunatic runs for 50,000 points and the Quickened Pulse seal.

Not that I can actually do that with 3* Robin, he's so weak and such a liability to drag around.

I can do it without a bonus unit though... But that is 504 score, or 100 runs.

I mean yes, but it lasts for quite a long time. 

Honestly I'm just happy to finally have something to do with my stamina. 

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if any unit that fits those categories besides event-only ones are possible spawns for Veronica's map.

ie.

Veronica

Armored unit (Does Zephiel show up?)

Melee cavalry (I doubt both versions of Xander would show up for the map as well as Camus.)

Mage cavalry (Does Ursula show up?)

Ranged infantry (It doesn't seem like any staff users would show up. Also doubt that Bride Caeda, Bride Cordelia, and Bunny Lucina would show up for the map.)

Just now, Xaos Steel Wing said:

So, any suggestions to make 4* Robin workable? Having to use him as a bonus unit makes things so much more difficult than if I could use any team I want...

Popular Robin builds will almost always include Triangle Adept. A weaponbreaker skill is also commonly seen (usually Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, or Bowbreaker).

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

So, any suggestions to make 4* Robin workable? Having to use him as a bonus unit makes things so much more difficult than if I could use any team I want...

Triangle Adept. It'll help with both defence and damage output. I'm running a TA3 Gronnraven+ Cecilia and she's been awesome. Just make sure that nothing green (especially not Veronica /shudders) touches him and you should be fine.

2 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Triangle Adept. It'll help with both defence and damage output. I'm running a TA3 Gronnraven+ Cecilia and she's been awesome. Just make sure that nothing green (especially not Veronica /shudders) touches him and you should be fine.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Popular Robin builds will almost always include Triangle Adept. A weaponbreaker skill is also commonly seen (usually Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, or Bowbreaker).

TA + a breaker is a good idea.

I don't want to spend 20k feathers for TA3 so a TA2 + level 2 breaker will do.

I think I'll run MRobin with TA2 and Swordbreaker 2 + Eirika + Hector + Maria. I'll see if that would work.

So glad that I decided to 5* Tharja last month. M!Robin just doesn't have enough offensive power for me to kill things reliably. Also having Genny helps me get out of pinches when I need that last bit of chip damage. 

Lilina and Sophie both don't survive a round of combat vs Veronica. Neither does Mademoiselle. We got trouble.

Planning having a horse slaying tome ready for the final battle seems a key point and lots of magic damage is key for both the spawning armour and Veronica. I think both Tiki's would do splendid since V's defence is pretty high.

the last team i ever imagined would win, the last team out of my 4 teams, won...3 star skill-less Sophia comin' in hot. jk she just last hit Veronica while Julia did all the work. in fact if i just give Julia G. Tomebreaker Veronica should be in the bag.

//grumbles to self

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What are you guys running? Forsaking a dancer for a healer is messing me up.

I'm using Tharja, Reinhardt, Olivia and Nino. Not using a healer has been working just fine for me.

Also, Julia can also be encountered as the ranged infantry unit if we're still counting.

Here's an updated list so far:

Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Armored unit (seen Sheena, Gwendolyn, Draug, Effie)
  • Melee cavalry (seen Gunter, Jagen, Abel, Peri, Titania)
  • Mage cavalry (seen Cecilia, Leo, Reinhardt, Olwen)
  • Ranged infantry (seen Lilina, Mae, Jaffar, Jeorge, Raigh, Setsuna, Klein, Saizo )

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My team is M!Robin, Ryoma, Nino, and Ninian. 

I've been able to get a few deathless runs of the highest Tempest level mostly because Nino sweeps the whole map once she gets into Desperation range. 

Don't need a healer if all the enemies are dead :D

6 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

If you have a non-functional bonus hero, just do what I did.  If one of the teams used has a bonus hero, then you still get the multiplier.  Does come with a small survivability penalty however.

1 hour ago, Kalibur said:

What I did was put Lv.1 nowi on round 1, surrender immediately.  Then went with Fae Lilina Raigh and Azura.  

Doing so gave me the following:

Base: 40

Clear: x7

Speed: 1.5x (probably varies)

Survival 1.15x 

Bonus: x1.4

Score: 676

This might be useful info for people who don't have a bonus unit trained up.

Unless you really want 705, this would be the next best feasible thing.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Renewal on everything.  All levels of renewal activate on turn 1 of each round.  So you essentially recover 10HP at the start of each round; does take up a B-slot however.  Also, team(s) above.

2 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Ranged infantry (seen Lilina, Mae, Jaffar, Jeorge, Raigh, Setsuna, Klein, Saizo )

to add to that list i got:

armoured: Hector

melee cav: Eliwood

ranged infantry: Gordon

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm running both a dancer and a healer because why not?

Ninian/Priscilla/Celica/Michalis for my main team and

Eliwood/Camus/Cecilia/Elise as my backup horse emblem team.

Did the final map but stuffed up because Hector took too much damage from Heavy Spears. Sharena, Tharja and Olivia combo was great though but having a missing Hector in last map (he was 1 hp in the previous 2 maps) was too much because of a Reinhardt and Sully combo. 

Also Veronica's annoyingly buff.

in the end cheesed it with my last team of Hana, Frederick, Cecilia and Eliwood since all my other red 5 stars took too much damage. Enemies were half health by that point

Edited by mcsilas

I'm really digging the Tempest Trials, it's pretty fun and adds a bit more variety to the game.

I've been mostly running a team of Ninian, Hector, Lucina, and Linde which has been doing pretty well, but I've only had 1 deathless run.  Desperation Linde is awesome though with Wings of Mercy Ninian is great.  Basically Linde is my nuke.

13 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica

Hector still stands fast: I haven’t seen any other armoured unit on this map, hehe. Add Matthew and Robin-M as ranged infantry too.

Well, time to update some more~ If only I have access to the OP.

Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Armored unit (seen Sheena, Gwendolyn, Draug, Effie, Hector)
  • Melee cavalry (seen Gunter, Jagen, Abel, Peri, Titania, Frederick)
  • Ranged infantry (seen Lilina, Mae, Jaffar, Jeorge, Raigh, Robin (M), Setsuna, Klein, Saizo, Matthew)