Tempest Torture

Arthur97

16 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Here's an updated list so far:

Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Armored unit (seen Sheena, Gwendolyn, Draug, Effie)
  • Melee cavalry (seen Gunter, Jagen, Abel, Peri, Titania)
  • Mage cavalry (seen Cecilia, Leo, Reinhardt, Olwen)
  • Ranged infantry (seen Lilina, Mae, Jaffar, Jeorge, Raigh, Setsuna, Klein, Saizo )

I've seen Frederick as the melee Cav, and Matthew as the ranged infantry.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Well, time to update some more~ If only I have access to the OP.

Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Armored unit (seen Sheena, Gwendolyn, Draug, Effie, Hector)
  • Melee cavalry (seen Gunter, Jagen, Abel, Peri, Titania, Frederick)
  • Ranged infantry (seen Lilina, Mae, Jaffar, Jeorge, Raigh, Robin (M), Setsuna, Klein, Saizo, Matthew)

I encountered Julia as the ranged infantry.

These are really interesting. But I also really need to improve... I can usually get through the first 6 battles on the hardest difficulty without losing my team.(My first team is usually M. Robin, Nino, Azura...and some red. I haven't settled on one yet.) But the last one kicks my butt. I can also do a deathless run with just my Horse Emblem team, but that doesn't have a bonus hero unless I replace Priscilla with Lissa... Usually what happens is I lose my first team and end up going Horse Emblem which lets me win... But I haven't been able to break 500 yet. Or get a time score of above E. 

I'm going to shoot to get about 3500 points a day however!!! So glad I saved 54 stamina potions.

Hmmm my first two teams seem to barely scrape through the first six maps leaving the last one to my incompetent thrid and fourth team. Have yet to beat the last lunatic mode.

Frederick seems to screw me over most of the attempts and I've yet to face Hector. (Mah man Draug pops up to wreck my anus.)

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

Hmmm my first two teams seem to barely scrape through the first six maps leaving the last one to my incompetent thrid and fourth team. Have yet to beat the last lunatic mode.

Frederick seems to screw me over most of the attempts and I've yet to face Hector. (Mah man Draug pops up to wreck my anus.)

I gave up on trying to beat the highest difficulty. Veronica alone could probably crush most of my units.

23 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Well, time to update some more~ If only I have access to the OP.

Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Melee cavalry (seen Gunter, Jagen, Abel, Peri, Titania, Frederick)
  • Ranged infantry (seen Lilina, Mae, Jaffar, Jeorge, Raigh, Robin (M), Setsuna, Klein, Saizo, Matthew)

Cain was the melee cavalry for me

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I gave up on trying to beat the highest difficulty. Veronica alone could probably crush most of my units.

Sadly I run in the problems with having nothing to beat Veronica either. Don't have any Henry's to sacrifice.

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

Sadly I run in the problems with having nothing to beat Veronica either. Don't have any Henry's to sacrifice.

Because that map wasn't ridiculous enough, they had to add the strongest (i.e. most broken) unit in the game.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Because that map wasn't ridiculous enough, they had to add the strongest (i.e. most broken) unit in the game.

They could've made it always have Veronica, Bruno, Reinhardt, Hector and Quadelia

Just now, Silith13 said:

They could've made it always have Veronica, Bruno, Reinhardt, Hector and Quadelia

The thing is, the last three aren't much of a problem for me. Nino cuts through blues and Lucina can take Hector with little trouble.

19 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm going to shoot to get about 3500 points a day however!!! So glad I saved 54 stamina potions.

3500 x 14 = 49000 points. That's 1 thousand short of getting that seal! Step up a little more! 4000 - 5000 would be best. :)

By the way, Speed makes a big part of the scoring. I think it's best if you bring your sweeper units through 1-7. Do your best, Saint Elimine~ :3

9 minutes ago, Symphonica said:

Cain was the melee cavalry for me

Updating the list again~
Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Melee cavalry (seen Gunter, Jagen, Abel, Peri, Titania, Frederick, Cain)

PS: Sanaki's my best bet against Veronica, but if she has the special she can kill the Apostle too... Beware!

Edited by Lyrai

Well, so apparently as long as you never need to switch teams, the run is considered deathless. Good to know that I can safely suicide Michalis into Reinhardt or Olwen on the last map without repercussion.

Currently at 3 deathless runs of the last stratum. One of those even managed to get an A for speed. I should be able to get Ms Mask by tonight.

Edited by Korath88

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Well, so apparently as long as you never need to switch teams, the run is considered deathless. Good to know that I can safely suicide Michalis into Reinhardt or Olwen on the last map without repercussion.

Yup! Feel free to sacrifice a few units in order to achieve victory, especially in the last map. Just try not to get wiped or steamrolled or anything... else Veronica will do her evil laugh as she brings back the fallen.

Edited by Lyrai

^Yep, can confirm that as well.

My team is so slow, but it gets me through safely.

Spoiler

QyFhNkf.png

Just a small tip that might help, if you have any spare units you can sacrifice someone to trap Veronica and cheese her.

Spoiler

HwKhpdW.png

11 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

3500 x 14 = 49000 points. That's 1 thousand short of getting that seal! Step up a little more! 4000 - 5000 would be best. :)

By the way, Speed makes a big part of the scoring. I think it's best if you bring your sweeper units through 1-7. Do your best, Saint Elimine~ :3

Guess I miscounted. I thought 3500 would get me there. I've got a score of 4008 now. And that's wasting about 60 stamina points testing the lower stratums and getting one terrible, terrible loss in the highest one. I've only used one stamina pot as well. So if do 5 rounds before work and 5 rounds after (getting okay scores in the highest stratum, I should be more than set). I'll definitely be able to do more than that with stamina pots and whatnot. 

I finally managed to break 500 points! Almost got 600...and my speed tier got up to C. I timed myself this time around. It was under nine and a half minutes. I also lost my first team and one person on my second team. But that still got me 100 more points than finishing with no deaths... (I guess it also helped that my bonus character percentage jumped from 20 to 40 percent with Robin on my backup team.) I'll have to practice to see how fast I can get without making fatal mistakes... It's kind of impossible to be fast when Mae traps Veronica in a Draw Back loop, and I can't get to her. >.>

Surprisingly...Desperation!NewMoon!HorseBuffed!Ursula can take out Veronica. Sanaki's usually my best bet too...or Xander if he can activate Bonfire...

I'm getting 650~700 points per run on the highest difficulty, so I think I'm on a good track. I spent a stamina potion since I wasted my natural stamina just trying to figure things out, and now I have 4856 points already. And the day has technically just begun.

19 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Yup! Feel free to sacrifice a few units in order to achieve victory, especially in the last map. Just try not to get wiped or steamrolled or anything... else Veronica will do her evil laugh as she brings back the fallen.

Heroes and Advance Wars have made me fall in love with the 'throw some sacrifices at the problem' strategy. Never put me in charge of a real army.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Guess I miscounted. I thought 3500 would get me there. I've got a score of 4008 now. And that's wasting about 60 stamina points testing the lower stratums and getting one terrible, terrible loss in the highest one. I've only used one stamina pot as well. So if do 5 rounds before work and 5 rounds after (getting okay scores in the highest stratum, I should be more than set). I'll definitely be able to do more than that with stamina pots and whatnot. 

I finally managed to break 500 points! Almost got 600...and my speed tier got up to C. I timed myself this time around. It was under nine and a half minutes. I also lost my first team and one person on my second team. But that still got me 100 more points than finishing with no deaths... (I guess it also helped that my bonus character percentage jumped from 20 to 40 percent with Robin on my backup team.) I'll have to practice to see how fast I can get without making fatal mistakes... It's kind of impossible to be fast when Mae traps Veronica in a Draw Back loop, and I can't get to her. >.>

Surprisingly...Desperation!NewMoon!HorseBuffed!Ursula can take out Veronica. Sanaki's usually my best bet too...or Xander if he can activate Bonfire...

I think they count the number of turns for time, not the actual time (in minutes). Still, good job getting better scores.

It turns out that desperation Tharja (+spd) can one round Veronica after a hone attack 3 and fortify res 1 from my Olivia. Don't know if that helps anyone though. The real struggle for me is getting Tharja into desperation 2 range before the 7th battle. I really need more fury fodder...

I hate last map... Currently at 6933 with 1 stamina potion used. Luckily you only lose out on 5% score per wipe out.

Main team is:

Lucina: Falcion, Reciprocal Aid, New Moon (need SP), +Speed (need Fury fodder),Rrenewal 2 (need SP!), Spur ATK2 (need MORE SP!), SPD seal

Elise:Pain, Rehabilitate, Imbue, +HP (Need more Fury), Live to Serve, Spur ATK, Spur Def seal

Xander: Siegfried, Reposition, Bonfire, +SPD (need MORE Fury!), Quick Riposte 2 (don't wanna spend 20k feathers for last level), hone cavalry, +HP seal

Reinhardt: Dire Thunder, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Death Blow, Lance Breaker 2 (don't wanna sac a Narcian nor 20k feathers), Fortify Cavalry, +ATK seal.

I really like this mode! It is good SP, HM and Gem farming!

Edited by Clogon

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Heroes and Advance Wars have made me fall in love with the 'throw some sacrifices at the problem' strategy. Never put me in charge of a real army.

You and Virion will get along nicely.
(I’m referring to his and Robin’s support, where they play a wargame and Virion always wins Pyrrhically.)

56 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I had 45 at the start lol

I think I might only be able to get 5 star marth though, unless i play every minute of the day. The amount of rewards they have is quite generous especially the ones at the top of the score chart

Also the feather pay out is straight ridiculous. It'll really help get back on my feet after OP OP Oboro

Can easily clear stages 1-6 with Nowi / Xander / Olwen / Priscilla, but then Veronica wipes them.  Often a coin flip as to whether I beat her with team 2, 3, or 4.  Very tempted to build my +Res/-Spd Ryoma to specifically counter her with TA3 and QR2.

7 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Can easily clear stages 1-6 with Nowi / Xander / Olwen / Priscilla, but then Veronica wipes them.  Often a coin flip as to whether I beat her with team 2, 3, or 4.  Very tempted to build my +Res/-Spd Ryoma to specifically counter her with TA3 and QR2.

If Veronica is the only unit giving you trouble, you can trap her in the bottom left. Just have a blue unit in range of her attack to kite her into that little rubble corner, then proceed to move 1 unit next to her to permanently trap her. You can even use a ranged unit to trap her at the start if there are still other enemy units alive, and when it's safe to tag out any melee unit will be able to safely kill her from there.