Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

I just might be clueless here but is there a reason why both of my partners in these gauntlet battles are non friends on the same team (I'm on team Priscilla)? I've never had a single friend unit since this gauntlet started.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I shall be waiting for the largest multipliers so I can use the rest of my flags; such would be a most wise decision, no? I say, these gauntlet battles are dreadfully tedious.

I can already foresee Priscilla entering the second round, for she appears to be able to sustain a far superior lead for a longer amount of time—lest a large multiplier is applied. Perhaps I may be able to appear on this leaderboard once such a multiplier is active.

Maria 5.8x bonus is up! Pretty much only using my flags in the bonus, that's probably the best strategy.

Lachesis keeps edging ahead though, Maria is unlikely to win since the bonus sets her so far ahead that Lachesis gets the bonus right after then it takes several hours for Maria to fall behind enough to get a bonus.

So it will all be up to the timing of the final bonus.

2 hours ago, Reloaded said:

I just might be clueless here but is there a reason why both of my partners in these gauntlet battles are non friends on the same team (I'm on team Priscilla)? I've never had a single friend unit since this gauntlet started.

I seem to be getting friend units. I've done about 20 or so battles and I have always gotten the same Effie or Cherche on my team. That can't be just random. Maybe none of your friends are on the same team?

2 hours ago, Clarine said:

I believe I shall be waiting for the largest multipliers so I can use the rest of my flags; such would be a most wise decision, no? I say, these gauntlet battles are dreadfully tedious.

I can already foresee Priscilla entering the second round, for she appears to be able to sustain a far superior lead for a longer amount of time—lest a large multiplier is applied. Perhaps I may be able to appear on this leaderboard once such a multiplier is active.

Well, you certainly are well spoken. You have the gist of it right. Spend your flags only on the bonuses, and hope you get a bonus an hour before the end if you're on the team that appears to be losing.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

Sakura manages to stay a step behind Elise. She'll probably get a bonus but then Elise will probably get one right after. Don't know how this is going to play out and I've been gone all day.

Might end up being a nail-biter.

Wow I haven't seen a bonus round in a long while. maybe I'll just do a big drop of flags whenever that comes because strangely enough I don't see enough bonus rounds..

Also, looking for Team Clarine allies with a blue unit! I just need a few more for the flags quest but I keep getting either Annas or the awesome Xander/Tiki from my friends list. (Just need a blue one for the quest)

2 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I seem to be getting friend units. I've done about 20 or so battles and I have always gotten the same Effie or Cherche on my team. That can't be just random. Maybe none of your friends are on the same team?

That's probably right, considering I added less people than most others and half of them stopped playing this game.

comrades help a fellow team Priscilla member even though all he has is a Nino 8117042668

5 hours ago, Clarine said:

I recall waiting on the multiplier last month in the final round, but it would barely come and I almost ended up not using my flags at all (I anticipated a landslide like the previous gauntlets). The tricky thing about waiting it out is that a larger gap is necessary for it to kick in. Specifically, our team has to have 10% fewer votes at the top of the hour, so it takes longer for that gap to be reached the further along the round goes. Incidentally, with the slow rate that Priscilla's team has been gaining on us, a well-timed multiplier could potentially win it for us. I'm not tracking the scores to determine if this is likely, though.

There's also a potential advantage for holding onto flags; the final round grants a bit more feathers for rank, due to the higher amount of players on teams. On the flip side, waiting too much may ultimately hinder your Cumulative Score if you continually hold out for a higher multiplier that never comes.

Hmm, it seems team Sakura was kind enough to give us another multiplier. After this hour, team Sakura will probably be so far behind that they won't give us the multiplier again for a while. I think next hour would be their sixth multiplier or so, which should mean their flags are going to start running out quite soon. We can't let our guard down though.

Also, I was expecting a pretty bad ranking for joining team Elise, but I'm currently ranked 181 on my team, so I should be fine. My total ranking is looking a bit less great, but I guess some sarifices need to be made to bring victory to the best imouto.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think next hour would be their sixth multiplier or so, which should mean their flags are going to start running out quite soon. We can't let our guard down though.

Elise and Sakura are running low in flags? That's good news for me here in Team Lachesis!

4 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Elise and Sakura are running low in flags? That's good news for me here in Team Lachesis!

Mostly team Sakura I imagine. Team Elise now has the multiplier for the third time I think, so most people on my team should have some flags left and I'm not to sure we'll even get a fourth one. Honestly, I don't think team Elise will have to much flag troubles in the next round (and I imagine we could win with just the flags we get for the second round).

Besides, the battle between Lachesis and Maria seemed a lot more intense, do you guys have that much flags left?

I'm team Maria, I've only got 110 flags left (can't get anymore either). I'm holding off for if we fall behind again. For now we have a reall small difference (I'm seeing Maria 2,750,914,000 VS Lachesis 2,607,987,546). This really is great, not having a super popular character makes things much more interesting.

14 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Finally, a Team Lachesis member. If we're still kicking tomorrow, we need to be friends.

(So long as you have a competent idol).

Lissa and Mist are going really slow because no one has been using flags. Mist will pull ahead with the multiplier but not enough to give Lissa one but then Lissa comes back up and we stay at same for a while. 

19 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Finally, a Team Lachesis member. If we're still kicking tomorrow, we need to be friends.

(So long as you have a competent idol).

My leader is an OK 5* Hinoka. If you want me to swap out Hone Fliers for Hone Speed 2, please tell me. I also have a decent 5* Xander, if you want to use him instead.

My friend code is 0910962270.

I'm on Team Sakura and have 410 flags left for the round. There's a multiplier up, but with how back-and-forth this has been, I really don't think it's the last one. Might sit this one out and wait for another.

I'm at rank 880, so I'll probably need to use some flags to stay in the top 1k, but I don't think I'll need all of them.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm on Team Sakura and have 410 flags left for the round. There's a multiplier up, but with how back-and-forth this has been, I really don't think it's the last one. Might sit this one out and wait for another.

I'm at rank 880, so I'll probably need to use some flags to stay in the top 1k, but I don't think I'll need all of them.

This is interesting. If lots of people follow suit with your strategy of saving flags for the end, Elise may not get the multiplier next hour.

This could result in you winning as Elise won't get any more multipliers... Or it could completely backfire and result in you not getting the multiplier at the end!

Its Maria turn to prove to Minerva how strong she can be!

And like any elder brother should, Michalis shall be there every step of the way, stomping whatever insects may come!

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Wow I haven't seen a bonus round in a long while. maybe I'll just do a big drop of flags whenever that comes because strangely enough I don't see enough bonus rounds..

Also, looking for Team Clarine allies with a blue unit! I just need a few more for the flags quest but I keep getting either Annas or the awesome Xander/Tiki from my friends list. (Just need a blue one for the quest)

+1 Camus if you still need that blue. 10182-60329

So Clarine will be getting a bonus in 1-3 hours from now. I really hope we shoot past and give Priscilla the bonus because I actually want to lose this round. If we don't take a 10% lead, Priscilla won't be able to make up the difference.

Lachesis Vs Maria SitRep:

Lachesis is gaining on Maria by 20M points per hour, and is currently 100M points behind. This means that, after the last 11 hours, Lachesis will win by ~120M points, and we will NOT see another multiplier.

Team Lachesis, we got this.

15 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Lachesis Vs Maria SitRep:

Lachesis is gaining on Maria by 20M points per hour, and is currently 100M points behind. This means that, after the last 11 hours, Lachesis will win by ~120M points, and we will NOT see another multiplier.

Team Lachesis, we got this.

It's funny how you guys have almost surely won this now, because your relative gain is so small...

Meanwhile, Sakura wasn't able to make to catch up to Elise even with the multiplier, so she'll probably have it again in a few more hours. Now we have to hope it will leave team Elise with enough time to catch up.