Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Lachesis's multiplier may be coming in 2 minutes. Get those flags ready!

No, we are at least a couple more hours away.

Looks like Priscilla's lead is increasing too slowly for Lissa to get a bonus multiplier by the end.

Meanwhile I have all these 1000+ flags but no multipliers left this round most likely... Looks like I slept through all of them this round.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Ever since this game came out people have done nothing but complain about every single aspect of it.

And you know what? IS have done a great job listening to complaints, fixing issues, and improving the game.

If people didn't complain en masse, maybe they wouldn't have. It's almost as if the complaining... works.

Although the panic over a few days without the daily orb is pretty ridiculous...

2 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

And you know what? IS have done a great job listening to complaints, fixing issues, and improving the game.

If people didn't complain en masse, maybe they wouldn't have. It's almost as if the complaining... works.

Although the panic over a few days without the daily orb is pretty ridiculous...

I'm sure all of the game modes were planned when the game was being developed, but yes, they have listened to everything that people have complained about. From the 10k feathers we got in the first month to the 99 stamina upgrade and everything else, IS has done a great job with this game and catering to the fans. There is a difference between instructive criticism to make improvements and downright hatred of a game mode for no legitimate reason.

Ditto on the daily orb bitching.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Team Lissa seems to have increased their hourly gain by a bit, slowing the increase of Priscilla's lead. It's almost like they don't want the multiplier

They can't get it. Not at these rates. Their only chance is to actually spend their flags and come-back the old fashioned way.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

They can't get it. Not at these rates. Their only chance is to actually spend their flags and come-back the old fashioned way.

Well, if all of team Lissa stopped playing for a few hours, they would get the multiplier, but of course that's never going to happen.

Edited by Korath88

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Given that she has the multiplier now with 13 hours left, what are Lachesis' chances, for those into calculating that sort of thing?

Considering how many hours she held on to that narrow lead last time she had it, I'm going to say medium-rare.

7 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Given that she has the multiplier now with 13 hours left, what are Lachesis' chances, for those into calculating that sort of thing?

Considering Lachesis spent only 5 hours ahead after the previous bonus hour, and it took another 10 hours of Elise in the lead to trigger the most recent bonus hour, not that good. Lachesis' only hope is one final bonus hour before the end, somehow.

Edited by Raven

31 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Not looking good. Elise will be ~8% ahead of us when time runs out.

Now: the question. Do we spend lots of flags without the multiplier to make those 5 hours more like 12, OR do we remove all flag spending to make the 15 hours between multipliers look more like 11?

Yeah, its not looking good for Lissa. Can't believe I see the day an Awakening character loses to a less popular game character, not trying to offend any of the fans here! I'm genuinely and pleasantly surprised! I'm tempted against holding off on spending flags and see if we can trigger a comeback but like others said, it seems unlikely.

Well, if Priscilla does win.......... then I congratulate you guys on a close fight! Unfortunately anyone who wins here will get its ass whooped by Elise :(

3 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Not looking good. Elise will be ~8% ahead of us when time runs out.

Now: the question. Do we spend lots of flags without the multiplier to make those 5 hours more like 12, OR do we remove all flag spending to make the 15 hours between multipliers look more like 11?

I want an answer as soon as I wake up. I want feathers more than I want an upset- and considering how funny that would be, that's saying something.

3 minutes ago, Doof said:

Yeah, its not looking good for Lissa. Can't believe I see the day an Awakening character loses to a less popular game character, not trying to offend any of the fans here! I'm genuinely and pleasantly surprised! I'm tempted against holding off on spending flags and see if we can trigger a comeback but like others said, it seems unlikely.

Well, if Priscilla does win.......... then I congratulate you guys on a close fight! Unfortunately anyone who wins here will get its ass whooped by Elise :(

FE7 is actually quite popular though. If there were FE7 reps in the previous gauntlets, they would have likely given some of the awakening/fates reps a run for their money.

Just now, Korath88 said:

FE7 is actually quite popular though. If there were FE7 reps in the previous gauntlets, they would have likely given some of the awakening/fates reps a run for their money.

Yeah, I know that, but I wasn't expecting it to be THAT popular, less of all PRISCILLA being THAT popular. When I think of popular FE characters I think of the three lords, Nino, Jaffar, Serra and Erk and sometimes the christmas cavaliers, Raven, Lucius and Florina... not Priscilla

Still! Glad to have been proved wrong! I do like FE7 so its not bad to lose like this :D

17 minutes ago, Raven said:

Nice job, Lachesis' army. You did so good in that bonus round, you launched a bonus hour for Elise's army. It's gonna be quite brutal.

The best part: that may be our key to victory. If we play multiplier ping-pong for a few hours, then pull ahead in the last five, Elise may fail to bring it back. There's the answer to my question!

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Yes, another multiplier for Elise. Time to spend those 400 flags.

Have fun with the multiplier next hour team Lachesis.

I kind of hope it keeps going back and forth like this. Less flags for Elise's team next round.

31 minutes ago, Raven said:

I kind of hope it keeps going back and forth like this. Less flags for Elise's team next round.

the last hours are the only times you should spend on team elise, if you want her to win. the rubberband is neutralizes any benefit of early and midgame flags.

Team Lachesis, we can actually win this if we follow an hour-by-hour plan I came up with.

Note: I'll be using Greenwich mean time here. Please adjust the times I showed accordingly. The first hour in the plan is next hour.

16:00-17:00 Do not spend flags in the next hour, even though we have a multiplier. This way, we'll get another one shortly afterwards.

17:00-19:00 Wait for the next multiplier...

19:00-20:00 Spend a maximum of 400 flags here. We want to give Elise the multiplier here.

20:00-21:00 Let Elise rekt us. We will get another multiplier immediately afterwards.

21:00-22:00 Do not spend flags, again. We want ANOTHER multiplier!

22:00-23:00 Spend 400 flags again. As the scores are now significantly higher, Elise won't get another multiplier.

23:00-04:00 Elise will have 1bn points to make up in 5 hours. This is impossible, even for the biggest team.

04:00 Laugh at team Elise's misery.

Edited by The_antithesis